Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones riff > Kiss Got to Choose> Tom Petty Refugee
Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 26, 2014 04:48

Is there some evolution of a Keith riff that creates Got To Choose and later used by Petty? I remember reading that Gene write Deuce off of the riff in Bitch, but I really did not see that connection.

Re: Stones riff > Kiss Got to Choose> Tom Petty Refugee
Date: July 26, 2014 10:19

There is some BS in Strutter smiling smiley

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: July 26, 2014 10:53

Gene has said that the bassline for Deuce is really just Bitch backwards. I see what he means although I really haven't listened all that hard for it.

Posted by: bigmac7895 ()
Date: July 27, 2014 15:36

Thanks for the posts. I'll listen for Brown Sugar in Strutter (is it in the riff?), I think what I'm hearing in Got to Choose is a modification of Satisfaction. Petty definitely ripped off that song for Refugee though- heard it on the radio again and when the opening occurred, I could sing KISS' song with the riff.

Not a huge Kiss fan, just trying to stir up some discussions on similarities in music because Keith's old quote that went something like 12 frets, 6 strings- not many combinations you can do original (which I think mathematically is incorrect, I think there are many combos; however not all would sound good in a chord progression).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1400
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home