Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 2, 2015 06:54

What a way to lose the game! I think Hawks fans know how the Packers fans felt 2 weeks ago. In BC, all the sportscasts talked about how fans up here are the 12th Man North and everyone is a Seahawks fan. I wonder how many of them have jumped off the bandwagon now? At least fans in Seattle aren't rioting after the loss, unlike in Vancouver when the Canucks lost to the Bruins in the Stanley Cup finals a few years ago. I would assume the Seahawks would be favoured to win next year.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 2, 2015 07:11

Seattle should have ran the ball but they did not and Malcolm Butler made a terrific play. Had Butler not seen it and broke for the ball it would have been an easy TD. That said they still should have run. Brady has now cemented his legacy as one of the top 2 qb's ever. 9 for 9 on the final drive the biggest deficit ever overcome in a Super Bowl, set a bunch of records etc. Anyone who wants to argue this at this point in time does not know football.

Date: February 2, 2015 07:57

Listening to post game interviews, coach Carroll said he saw the Pats had their run defence on so they threw it on that down. They still had 2 downs after that to run it. Unfortunately it was a game of inches and it could have easily been a touchdown, too.

Date: February 2, 2015 13:53

Seattle won't reach the super bowl again for a long time

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 2, 2015 14:37

Seattle's coach Carroll always likes to throw in something that the other team won't expect such as the fake field goal in the playoff game against Green Bay. This time it backfired. I expect them to be in the mix next year as they do have a talented team.

Date: February 2, 2015 15:14

mighty stork
Seattle's coach Carroll always likes to throw in something that the other team won't expect such as the fake field goal in the playoff game against Green Bay. This time it backfired. I expect them to be in the mix next year as they do have a talented team.

I think they will lose a lot of players due to cap issues

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 2, 2015 15:30

I can't believe that Seattle threw the ball in the heart Pat's defense. Why not a bootleg or pass to corner of end zone. Why not run with Lynch? I hate seeing a game end like that.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: February 2, 2015 15:41

Chris Fountain
I can't believe that Seattle threw the ball in the heart Pat's defense. Why not a bootleg or pass to corner of end zone. Why not run with Lynch? I hate seeing a game end like that.

yeah, I was in disbelief when they did that. it seemed unnecessarily risky to throw when a hand off would have sufficed.

still, it was an enjoyable, edge of your seat game there at the end!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 2, 2015 17:10

That might've been the worst play call of all time. Am still in shock.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: February 2, 2015 17:11

Wow! What an ending. Happy for all my friends and family still in the New England area who are celebrating their team's win. I'll admit that I'm just a band-wagon Patriots fan who doesn't get on board until the Steelers get eliminated. No doubt I'm happy this morning but would have been even happier if it was the Steelers who had won yesterday!

Condolences extended to the Seattle fans. Has anyone heard from crholmstrom this morning? I imagine he's pretty down right now. I can't remember ever feeling that questionable play calling cost my team a win like that so I won't pretend to have an idea of what he's feeling like this morning. I DO know what it's like to be SO CLOSE to victory and then have to start saying "there's always next year" and THAT SUCKS so... I do feel for you crholmstrom even if I was rooting against your team yesterday.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edit: crholmstrom was posting at the same time as I was. Let the recovery begin, right? You're probably right in your assessment of "the call". I can't think of any worse from my superbowl memories.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-02 17:24 by mr_dja.

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 2, 2015 17:43

I don't think Pete Carroll should be blamed. He tried to take advantage of a rush defense, and Wilson threw it where he shouldn't have. That's all. Not a bad play call, just an unfortunate pass. But I am a life-long Patriots fan, here in snowy New England, and what an exciting and triumphant finish it was. A great game.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: February 2, 2015 17:52

Damn! It was a heartbreaking loss for us in the Seattle area. It isn't that they lost the game, but the manner in which they lost. A moment earlier the miracle catch, setting up a storybook ending. So, from elation to disbelief. It was probably the most exciting Super Bowl I've ever seen. Congrats to all you fans of the Pats. But this one hurts?

Date: February 2, 2015 20:22

Tate
I don't think Pete Carroll should be blamed. He tried to take advantage of a rush defense, and Wilson threw it where he shouldn't have. That's all. Not a bad play call, just an unfortunate pass. But I am a life-long Patriots fan, here in snowy New England, and what an exciting and triumphant finish it was. A great game.

Not a bad play call ????

It is EASILY one of the worst that I have ever witnessed .... if not the worst.

Like the other guy said,if they wanted to pass on 2nd down,you have to recognize the situation. A quarterback roll-out where the QB has the option to throw the ball away if it is not open .... and live for 3rd down and maybe 4th down .... would have been a much better play selection.

A high fade pass towards the back of the end zone where the receiver has the only chance to catch the ball would probably have been the second best bet for a pass play.

You shouldn't throw the ball into heavy traffic in the middle of the field in that situation.

I am not even sure that the receiver would have even scored if he did catch the ball. If you are going to throw a pass in the middle of the field 3 inches beyond the line of scrimmage,you might as well just have run it right at the run defense in the first place.

The two alternative pass plays would have left them with the opportunity to run the ball on 3rd down and,if needed,4th down if they were not completed. Minimal risk for an interception ..... which is what you want to avoid in that situation.

Even with all of that said,I still would have run it instead of any pass. There's a bigger risk for offensive holding with any pass play compared to a goal line running play.

7 points there would have put them ahead by 3 points with under 25 seconds to play. Even a miracle field goal by New England would only have forced overtime.

If Seattle was down by 6 points instead of by 4 points,I would have understood trying to run the clock down under 10 seconds a little bit more.

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: February 2, 2015 20:42

Horrible play call. P Carroll tried to be cute but ended up goat.

Date: February 2, 2015 22:03

Pete went full on early 90s jets coach retard mode with that play call

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 2, 2015 22:09

I'm truly still thinking about it. Holy @#$%&.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 2, 2015 22:25

It was mostly a bad call because of the way it turned out. If it was TD nobody would be saying how risky it was, they'd be talking about the miracle catch made a few plays earlier. But yes, I agree, it was a bit to cute and risky to run when they had 3 downs of options.

The halftime lip synced Katy Perry show? I guess some people were ok with it, but give me a real singer any day. peace

Date: February 2, 2015 23:05

I was just going to ask what people thought about the half time show. It wasn't lip synched but she does sing along to backing tracks that have backing vocals. The only truly live part was with Lenny Kravitz. Pretty extravagent stage show.

Date: February 2, 2015 23:09

Naturalust
It was mostly a bad call because of the way it turned out. If it was TD nobody would be saying how risky it was, they'd be talking about the miracle catch made a few plays earlier. But yes, I agree, it was a bit to cute and risky to run when they had 3 downs of options.

The halftime lip synced Katy Perry show? I guess some people were ok with it, but give me a real singer any day. peace

I think when she did the lion roar at the end of that song it was live lol.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 3, 2015 00:03

I think Pete Carroll was right to fall on his sword as he was being loyal to his staff but man who called was Darrell Bevis, the O coordinator. I'm not too sure about that guy. He was the one who had the man crush on Percy Harvin & didn't seem to remember how they got to where they are at the beginning of the season. I think the probability that if they had given it to Lynch 3 times there, the result would've been good. Congrats to the Patriots. Brady played well for the most part. & as a Hawk fan, am pretty ashamed about the behavior at the end of the game. Think they need to learn how to be more graceful in both wins & losses. Was not happy about Doug Baldwin's TD celebration, either. Very low class. Not making excuses but injuries played a part too. Lane going down with compound fracture & Avril a concussion had an effect. Also, looks like Sherman is going to have Tommy John surgery on his elbow. You play the hand you're dealt though. The Hawks will be a factor next year & for a few more years to come. They have done a good job getting the key guys under contract. Hopefully they use yesterday as a learning experience. PS: I wasn't around a computer during the game. Have been dealing with my dad's imminent death & my friend was taking care of me yesterday. Haven't had much, if any, spare time. Had today off, so took care of some the dad business early & am trying to recharge a little & do stuff like laundry now. Not ending on this but if i'm missing, you know why. Have enjoyed participating in this the few seasons.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 3, 2015 00:18

DGA35
I was just going to ask what people thought about the half time show. It wasn't lip synched but she does sing along to backing tracks that have backing vocals. The only truly live part was with Lenny Kravitz. Pretty extravagent stage show.

Hmm, if you say so, I'm not convinced. Don't have a clue what people see in her. IMO one of the worst half time shows ever. Lenny Kravitz was the saving grace. peace

Date: February 3, 2015 00:22

Wilson also showed his inexperience at the end. He went into the game with 2:02 left. The hawks ran a pass play and then wilson tried to hurry everyone to the line to run another play. No way wilson didn't know that play took at least 2 seconds and the 2 minute warning was called

Posted by: Rollin' Stoner ()
Date: February 3, 2015 00:28

Priceless

Posted by: Tate ()
Date: February 3, 2015 00:43

Naturalust, I agree with you once again. On your assessment of the play and on the half time show. The dancing, singing sharks and the smiley beach balls were where I got confused. I mean prior to that, the performance was at least visually intriguing, but yes, musically (for me) it was almost as dull as the Black Eyed Peas a couple years back. The SB half time show is hitting a slump, I think.

Date: February 3, 2015 00:46

The big mistake on the interception play was that they had Wilson alone in the shotgun. That took away the play action that would have made New England play it honest but instead they were able to jump the routes. That split second could have made the difference of the pass being completed. No doubt the smartest play would be give it to the Beast who was averaging 4 yards a carry and always seems strongest at the end of games when the defense is worn down. That or play action with Wilson rolling with the option to run, pass, or throw it away. Time left for New England doesn't even factor with 26 seconds when you have 2 more downs and one of the leagues best defenses even with the injuries.

crholmstrom I'm feeling for you and I'm not talking about the outcome of this game. Dealing with family health issues is draining and I pray for you and everyone involved that you have the strength and love to get through this. I went through a similar situation a couple years back and although these are the hardest days ahead you will still cherish the final time you spend with them at the end.

To all those who took part in this thread this year I want to say thanks for the fun. Nice that we get to talk American football on a European site and have the freedom to make our opinions known and give and take some trash talk. I'm thinking next year we should get a fantasy league going for any of us that might be interested. It could be just for bragging rights and a chance to give it to each other each week. Let me know what you all think of that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 3, 2015 01:35

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet
Seahacks will go Back To Zero...

You mean like the <S>aints?winking smiley

"Who dat, who dat, who dat team gonna beat the Aints?" - apparently everyone! Just teasing. Enjoy the game even with your predilections. Think regardless of how it turns out it will be a good one. Worse comes to worse, we can always hope for a Katy Perry wardrobe malfunction. To paraphrase M Python & the Holy Grail, there are some huge tracts of land involved.smileys with beer

It's all good in Who Dat Land - we all know it's over!

Date: February 3, 2015 01:38

DGA35

It was lip synced. Obviously all studio recorded mime along. Horrible as usual. Kravitz was there for what, 30 seconds? BLAND overall.

Date: February 3, 2015 01:42

I love how this comes back to get that jerk: lost by WHAT?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 3, 2015 04:05

Richard Sherman is one of the best players in the NFL and also one of its biggest jerks. The look on his face at the int was priceless!!! Shut your mouth until the game is over! How foolish does he look now. For all of the cheating allegations against the Patriots has anyone picked up on how classless the Seahawks are? Taking a crap on the ball in the end zone after a TD, Richard Sherman and then when NE takes a knee they start fighting. Learn how to lose as well as win. I love the Pats but I would have been happy to see any team beat these classless jackasses!!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 3, 2015 05:16

Again, still processing, but I'll try to spell it out:

I get the throwing. I get the being 1 or 3 yards from a touchdown, with two downs, and thinking "well obviously the Pats are going to do their hardest to prevent Lynch from scoring. Because thats obviously the play we're going to run." So I get thinking "let's surprise them, and not run, so they'll all be after Lynch and it'll leave a bunch of guys open." I get that thinking.

But here's the thing. I'm a casual football fan with this being my first year of actually paying attention and getting into the games. I understand that thought process, but how is it possible that they would do a play that I, a man who essentially knows nothing about football, would do. These guys are Super Bowl winners and people that understand the game in and out. I just can't process how they'd let that play happen. Even I see its a bad play, and I know nothing about the game. I just don't get how the most important play of the game is played so poorly by so many professionals. Surely if I knew more about the game, I would be agreeing with everyone (moreso than I already do) that you would never think in a million years to do that play.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2021222324252627282930Next
Current Page: 29 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1967
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home