Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: September 4, 2014 11:29

Here we go! One of the high holy days, the start of the NFL season. It should be glorious!hot smiley

Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: September 5, 2014 06:17

Sorry, but I don't give a shit.

Date: September 5, 2014 06:24

i swear russell wilson is the new chad pennington

Date: September 5, 2014 12:04

I know its only 1 game but it sure looks like the road to the Super Bowl is running through Seattle again. After a quarter of shaking the rust off, it was total domination against supposedly 1 of the better teams in the NFL. 2 weeks from Sunday I get to witness first hand. Can't wait!>grinning smiley<

Date: September 5, 2014 12:41

crholmstrom
I know its only 1 game but it sure looks like the road to the Super Bowl is running through Seattle again. After a quarter of shaking the rust off, it was total domination against supposedly 1 of the better teams in the NFL. 2 weeks from Sunday I get to witness first hand. Can't wait!>grinning smiley<

the packers are one of the better offensive teams but their defense seems about middle of the pack, no pun intended, which isn't good if seattle has to face top defensive teams this year. i only saw the first 1/2 but russell wilson becomes a huge liabilty when he has to throw a pass more then 7 yards or so. i remember 3 passes in the first 1/2, 2 dropped interceptions by the packers and seattle TE zach miller hauling in an overthrown pass by his fingertips. those are the only 3 passes i remember wilson throwing that were more then 7 yards. the rest were dink-dunk 3-4 yard passes with big after reception gains by the receivers. thats why i said wilson reminds me of the new chad pennington. throw short easy passes, every once in awhile try a long one to keep the defense honest, rest of the time hand it off to the RB. pennington had curtis martin, wilson has lynch.

Date: September 5, 2014 12:55

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

the packers are one of the better offensive teams but their defense seems about middle of the pack, no pun intended, which isn't good if seattle has to face top defensive teams this year. i only saw the first 1/2 but russell wilson becomes a huge liabilty when he has to throw a pass more then 7 yards or so. i remember 3 passes in the first 1/2, 2 dropped interceptions by the packers and seattle TE zach miller hauling in an overthrown pass by his fingertips. those are the only 3 passes i remember wilson throwing that were more then 7 yards. the rest were dink-dunk 3-4 yard passes with big after reception gains by the receivers. thats why i said wilson reminds me of the new chad pennington. throw short easy passes, every once in awhile try a long one to keep the defense honest, rest of the time hand it off to the RB. pennington had curtis martin, wilson has lynch.

Things got more interesting from Seattle perspective in the 2nd half. Wilson threw a really nice 33 yard TD pass. Lynch sure doesn't look like he's slowing down & Harvin is a wonder. We're not even talking about the D. The Packers threw at Richard Sherman 1 time & that was nullified by an offensive penalty. Byron Maxwell on the other side is looking like an all pro in the future. It's going to be a good year!smoking smiley

PS: enjoying the banter with you keithriffhard4life!smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-05 13:03 by crholmstrom.

Date: September 5, 2014 13:19

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

Things got more interesting from Seattle perspective in the 2nd half. Wilson threw a really nice 33 yard TD pass. Lynch sure doesn't look like he's slowing down & Harvin is a wonder. We're not even talking about the D. The Packers threw at Richard Sherman 1 time & that was nullified by an offensive penalty. Byron Maxwell on the other side is looking like an all pro in the future. It's going to be a good year!smoking smiley

PS: enjoying the banter with you keithriffhard4life!smileys with beer

i didn't see the 2nd 1/2 because i left for work. maybe it was rust on the part of russell wilson but i never seem to really remember him shredding apart other teams defenses. thats ok though they win with what he does but i found it a bit silly when nbc tried to play him up like he is on the level of peyton, brady, brees, rogers, etc. those QBs have to light it up for their teams to win and we saw that last night with rogers not getting it done and peyton in the SB not really doing much. wilson is more like an alex smith type QB or like i said earlier chad pennington who holds the nfl record for highest completion % for a career. pennington is also the only QB in nfl history to reach the playoffs every year he started a minimum of 10 games

Date: September 7, 2014 05:41

Looking forward to the 1st full day of the season tomorrow. Since my guys took care of business on Thursday, I can enjoy the full day tomorrow (& the double header Monday) just for the sake of it. Looks like my schedule is NO-Atlanta, SF/C-Dallas (There's a matchup from hell. Anytime I gotta route for the Cowboys means hell is having a cold spell.) & the best for last, Indy-Denver. I see the Donkeys in person 2 weeks from tomorrow (Where are you, Max's Kansas City? I'll be checking in on the Tenn/KC game in the morning. You are missed!). Let the real games begin! hot smiley

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: September 8, 2014 00:02

who dat?

Date: September 8, 2014 00:26

Natlanta
who dat?

overrated team from louisiana? haha, that was a great game. SF/DAL sux. Dallas is going to have an epically bad season I think.

Date: September 8, 2014 01:04

jets defensive line allowed just 25 rushing yards. jets offense had over 200 rushing and passing yards. geno looked a bit shakey at first but so did almost every QB in the league. he was effective though

Date: September 8, 2014 03:27

keefriffhard4life
jets defensive line allowed just 25 rushing yards. jets offense had over 200 rushing and passing yards. geno looked a bit shakey at first but so did almost every QB in the league. he was effective though

Looks like (didn't get the game here) they shook the rust off & got the job done. Hope they do well for you. The Patriots certainly don't appear to be invincible.

Date: September 8, 2014 06:13

the steelers get away with too much. last year tomlin not flagged for being on the field and in the way of a sideline judge during a live ball. this year no flag for accidently drop kicking someone in the head. come on

Date: September 8, 2014 12:59

keefriffhard4life
the steelers get away with too much. last year tomlin not flagged for being on the field and in the way of a sideline judge during a live ball. this year no flag for accidently drop kicking someone in the head. come on

you don't have to tell me about the steelers, haha. i'm still bitter about them beating the seahawks in the super bowl!

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 9, 2014 17:44

Looks like Terry Pegula will get the Bills!

Great. The Sabres and Bills will stay here forever!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-09 17:45 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: September 10, 2014 03:07

More Hot Rocks
Looks like Terry Pegula will get the Bills!

Great. The Sabres and Bills will stay here forever!

Nice game Sunday for the Bills

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 10, 2014 03:25

crholmstrom
Dallas is going to have an epically bad season I think.

HA HA! Say something new would'ja!!??

OF COURSE they're going to suck! It's Dallas! The Cleveland of the South!

Date: September 10, 2014 08:56

Bold prediction: next season, 1 of the Seahawk coordinators is going to be coaching the Giants & the other one is going to be coaching the Cowboys. Both of those teams are coming into Century Link this year & are going to have new holes stomped in them. There ya go, GasLightStreet. Put that in your pipe & smoke on it!grinning smiley

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: September 11, 2014 02:45

GasLightStreet
crholmstrom
Dallas is going to have an epically bad season I think.

HA HA! Say something new would'ja!!??

OF COURSE they're going to suck! It's Dallas! The Cleveland of the South!

I long for the Tom Landry years (even though I'm not a Cowboys fan).

Date: September 12, 2014 11:33

Baltimore certainly put a thumping on the Steelers last night. Ray who?

Date: September 12, 2014 12:35

crholmstrom

the steelers have had one of the biggest free falls i've ever seen in the nfl in a span of just 2 games. they were up 27-3 against the browns at 1/2 time last week. since 1/2 time last week the steelers have been outscored 50-9

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: September 12, 2014 20:41

Look for KC to be the most overrated team this year. They over achieved last year and this year wont even be 8 and 8.

Date: September 13, 2014 18:42

I hope Goodell gets FIRED. The pink the players wear for all the games in October is now a huge joke considering Goodell's ...mentality, which is about a grain of sand above a broken brick.

Date: September 13, 2014 21:15

GasLightStreet
I hope Goodell gets FIRED. The pink the players wear for all the games in October is now a huge joke considering Goodell's ...mentality, which is about a grain of sand above a broken brick.

Even though it should, unless they have more on him than what is out now its not going to happen. It's all about the benjamins. The NFL has become even more of a money machine than it was before since he's been running it. Its typical of the corporate arrogance that is in the process of sending the US the way of the British Empire. Sorry for the rant. I luv the game of football but it is big business now on all levels, college or pro or even before that. As I've said before, greed uber alles. The only way the NFL could change is if they took away their anti-trust exemption. Not going to happen in the current environment. I do agree with you, he should be gone. Anyone remember the original "Rollerball" with James Caan? We're there whether we care to admit or not.

Date: September 14, 2014 05:20

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Even though it should, unless they have more on him than what is out now its not going to happen. It's all about the benjamins. The NFL has become even more of a money machine than it was before since he's been running it. Its typical of the corporate arrogance that is in the process of sending the US the way of the British Empire. Sorry for the rant. I luv the game of football but it is big business now on all levels, college or pro or even before that. As I've said before, greed uber alles. The only way the NFL could change is if they took away their anti-trust exemption. Not going to happen in the current environment. I do agree with you, he should be gone. Anyone remember the original "Rollerball" with James Caan? We're there whether we care to admit or not.

Yeah. I know.

Ugh.

Date: September 14, 2014 12:21

On a happier note: My Seahawks take a trip to San Diego today. There will be many Hawk fans there because the Chargers have trouble selling tickets. Philip Rivers says he is going to throw to Richard Sherman's side of the the field. They are actually taking bets in LV on that. I believe the number for over/under is 3.5. Should be interesting. Although I think it will be a good game, closer than the GB game, the Seahawks should prevail. Then, 1 week from today, the long awaited real rematch (preseason doesn't count) with the Denver Broncos. I'm starting to get excited as I have good tickets. As is my friend who is going with me. Life has been kind of a poop sandwich lately on multiple fronts & she is my support. Will be a nice bit of escapism for both of us. Time to take care of a little business in SoCal first. Zap the Chargers! GO HAWKS! WOO HOO!hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-14 13:44 by crholmstrom.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 14, 2014 22:06

keefriffhard4life

I've seen a lot of dumb calls go against them too. Some good clean hits by Steelers that were called penalties over the years.

I still don't understand the rules. They seem to change every week. You can't hit helmet to helmet? You can't lead with your helmet? You can't hit a defenseless receiver? You can't lead with your shoulder pads? It seems like the rules are constantly changing. Pretty soon players will have to knock a player over with one finger in order to avoid a penalty.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: September 14, 2014 22:10

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom

the steelers have had one of the biggest free falls i've ever seen in the nfl in a span of just 2 games. they were up 27-3 against the browns at 1/2 time last week. since 1/2 time last week the steelers have been outscored 50-9

They are simply an average team these days. Tomlin is a good coach but he doesn't motivate players the way Cowher used to and Roethlisberger just stands around like a rock until he gets sacked. They will probably win 7 games this year.

"Lyin' awake in a cold, cold sweat. Am I overdrawn, am I going in debt?
It gets worse, the older that you get. No escape from the state of confusion I'm in.

Date: September 14, 2014 23:23

FrankM
keefriffhard4life

I've seen a lot of dumb calls go against them too. Some good clean hits by Steelers that were called penalties over the years.

I still don't understand the rules. They seem to change every week. You can't hit helmet to helmet? You can't lead with your helmet? You can't hit a defenseless receiver? You can't lead with your shoulder pads? It seems like the rules are constantly changing. Pretty soon players will have to knock a player over with one finger in order to avoid a penalty.

i do agree they also get calls against them that are incorrect but it is because they do a lot of illegal hits so refs just assume it was a bad hit

Date: September 14, 2014 23:25

lmao at the saints

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home