Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 30
Re: OT: NFL 2014
Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: August 6, 2014 13:05

1 day until the first preseason game. Even though it doesn't mean much in the grand scheme for the Hawks, the excitement is building! Probably will see a lot of guys that will end up on other teams in the near future. Good article on MMQB.SI site about Dan Quinn, Hawks defensive coordinator. Will probably be a head coach next year for another team. We are lucky that he didn't leave after last season. Almost wish the Hawks would do something to keep him as kind of head coach in waiting for when Pete Carroll stops coaching. Pretty sure Pete is going to move to the front office in not too many years. Think he is the second oldest head coach in the league although you can't tell by his demeanor. More later, I'm sure. GO HAWKS!!!!grinning smiley

[mmqb.si.com]

Date: August 8, 2014 12:24

Ok, I'm getting ready to jump after last night's loss. Good thing I live on ground floor, haha. Preseason is rough!grinning smiley

Posted by: winter ()
Date: August 9, 2014 04:12

crholmstrom
Ok, I'm getting ready to jump after last night's loss. Good thing I live on ground floor, haha. Preseason is rough!grinning smiley

Preseason isn't just for the players, coaches and refs! Fans need to get a few games under our belts too to get back in game shape. smileys with beer

Date: August 15, 2014 12:54

Preseason week 2: It's starting to feel real now! I believe the Beast is about to be unleashed, at least a little, tonight. I can't wait! Think we will have real offensive line tonight, too. This will be first home game since the Super Bowl. The 12th Man will be rabid. GO HAWKS!!!!!!smoking smiley

Date: August 16, 2014 14:33

That's more like it! Hawks absolutely destroyed San Diego last night especially when the first team was in. Shades of things to come...smoking smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 06:34

too many penalties in almost every preseason game so far

Date: August 20, 2014 11:10

The NFL should pay us to watch some of them!grinning smiley

Date: August 20, 2014 11:14

keefriffhard4life
too many penalties in almost every preseason game so far

totally agree. the games are going to take 4 hours if they keep going in this direction. think this notion of giving the offense every advantage is hurting the game. sure, tds are exciting buy so is an interception run back for a score. hopefully they will find some sort of better balance before the games start counting. good line from letterman last night: johnny football should change his name to johnny bench. haha!smileys with beer

OT: Super Bowl Is Now A "Pay To Play" Gig
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: August 20, 2014 15:44

Re: OT: Super Bowl Is Now A "Pay To Play" Gig
Date: August 21, 2014 10:13

tatters
[www.rollingstone.com]

Ahhhh, corporate USA. Greed uber alles.

Re: OT: Super Bowl Is Now A "Pay To Play" Gig
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: August 21, 2014 14:24

crholmstrom
tatters
[www.rollingstone.com]

Ahhhh, corporate USA. Greed uber alles.

The NFL is a non profit that takes in over 9 billion a year, more than the Red Cross. They have not paid federal taxes since the mid 60's, not even a dollar…..and they want to charge performers to play half time. Greed uber alles is right!!

Date: August 22, 2014 08:44

Week 3 of the preseason. Should be a good game tonight against Da Bears. Pretty funny about the Santa Clara team. Field already had to be replaced. I wonder if they made people pay for the open practice & is so, did they get a refund?

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: August 22, 2014 17:02

Anyone know if it's standard ie league wide that season ticket holders have to pay regular season prices for pre-season games?

Date: August 22, 2014 23:44

GasLightStreet
Anyone know if it's standard ie league wide that season ticket holders have to pay regular season prices for pre-season games?

yes it is. i know a redskins fan who has to and a former jackonsville native who had to

Date: August 23, 2014 12:12

GasLightStreet

Yes it is. Unbelievable. I would go if it was say $20 but a minimum of $75 (where I am) is out of the question. That being said, watched the Hawks vs Bears last night on tv. It was a slaughter. I know its only preseason but the Hawks are pretty much looking unstoppable this year when the 1st unit is in. A little blip against the Donkeys (miss you Max's Kanasas City) during week 1 doesn't appear to be representative. All of the Russ Wilson naysayers best be finding a good recipe for crow. Looks like he is about to take a giant leap this year. He now has a plethora of offensive weapons. Don't think we need to talk about the Hawk's D. Lord have mercy, here comes Percy! GO HAWKS!grinning smiley

Date: August 23, 2014 13:17

crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

Yes it is. Unbelievable. I would go if it was say $20 but a minimum of $75 (where I am) is out of the question. That being said, watched the Hawks vs Bears last night on tv. It was a slaughter. I know its only preseason but the Hawks are pretty much looking unstoppable this year when the 1st unit is in. A little blip against the Donkeys (miss you Max's Kanasas City) during week 1 doesn't appear to be representative. All of the Russ Wilson naysayers best be finding a good recipe for crow. Looks like he is about to take a giant leap this year. He now has a plethora of offensive weapons. Don't think we need to talk about the Hawk's D. Lord have mercy, here comes Percy! GO HAWKS!grinning smiley

you never, ever judge a team by preseason. most teams play vanilla defense to get a feel for working together and rarely dial up any of their real playbook. the offense also usually keeps things pretty basic. teams have actually even tried to look bad in preseason in order to throw off their opponents for the first few weeks of the regular season.

some examples of why you never judge preseason:

2002: oakland raiders look ok in preseason going 2-2. they make the superbowl

2008: detroit lions goes 4-0 in preseason, 0-16 in regular season
2009: detroit goes 3-1 in preseason, 2-14 in regular season.
in a 2 year spand the lions went 7-1 preseason and 2-32 regular season

2012: new york jets go 0-4 in preseason, only scoring 1 TD all of preaseason. first game of the regular season the jets unleash the playbook and score 48 points, more then all 4 games of preseaon combined. jets opened the season 2-1 before revis and holmes went down for the season

Date: August 23, 2014 14:06

keefriffhard4life
crholmstrom
GasLightStreet

you never, ever judge a team by preseason. most teams play vanilla defense to get a feel for working together and rarely dial up any of their real playbook. the offense also usually keeps things pretty basic. teams have actually even tried to look bad in preseason in order to throw off their opponents for the first few weeks of the regular season.

some examples of why you never judge preseason:

2002: oakland raiders look ok in preseason going 2-2. they make the superbowl

2008: detroit lions goes 4-0 in preseason, 0-16 in regular season
2009: detroit goes 3-1 in preseason, 2-14 in regular season.
in a 2 year spand the lions went 7-1 preseason and 2-32 regular season

2012: new york jets go 0-4 in preseason, only scoring 1 TD all of preaseason. first game of the regular season the jets unleash the playbook and score 48 points, more then all 4 games of preseaon combined. jets opened the season 2-1 before revis and holmes went down for the season

Understand but given the recent track record have pretty good reason to be excited!smoking smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: August 23, 2014 17:15

Let's go Patriots!!! They looked good last night. The hand checking flags and interference calls have to stop or I may have to stop watching! Its ridiculous!

Date: August 23, 2014 18:38

slew
Let's go Patriots!!! They looked good last night. The hand checking flags and interference calls have to stop or I may have to stop watching! Its ridiculous!

Think the hand checking fouls are going to be an IQ for secondaries. Considering this emphasis was at least partially caused by jealousy of the Seahawks secondary, they aren't getting flagged much. Respect for NE secondary. You guys will have to watch out for Browner though. Good player but kind of a knucklehead. He was probably the most likely to commit those fouls in the Legion of Boom. I'm getting excited for season now! Woo hoo & GO HAWKS!smileys with beer

Date: August 25, 2014 22:56

Wow jets do something to gain respect. They are short at CB. Patterson was listed for this past Fridays game as out due to injury. He never reported though to the teams facility. Despite being short at CB and Patterson not listed to step foot on the field Friday the jets announced he is suspended until further notice for failing to report Friday. Hey steelers maybe you can suspend the 2 guys charged with possession of drugs who already have admitted to the charges.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: August 25, 2014 23:45

The Bills are looking like the same old Bills. Too bad. But it's only the pre season.

Date: August 26, 2014 10:18

You almost gotta feel sorry for the Rams. They maybe should've used 1 of those 1st round picks on a QB. After missing 2 seasons, going to be hard for Bradford to come back @ a high level.

Date: August 26, 2014 14:15

Rams could trade for a QB

Date: August 26, 2014 14:49

keefriffhard4life

You gotta believe they are going to do something. Shaun Hill? Eesh!

Date: August 26, 2014 15:30

crholmstrom
keefriffhard4life

You gotta believe they are going to do something. Shaun Hill? Eesh!

trade the jets for vick. We need some secondary players

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: August 26, 2014 15:43

crholmstrom
slew

Think the hand checking fouls are going to be an IQ for secondaries. Considering this emphasis was at least partially caused by jealousy of the Seahawks secondary, they aren't getting flagged much. Respect for NE secondary. You guys will have to watch out for Browner though. Good player but kind of a knucklehead. He was probably the most likely to commit those fouls in the Legion of Boom. I'm getting excited for season now! Woo hoo & GO HAWKS!smileys with beer

In general, I'd like the end result of the 2014-15 NFL season to be a 'Hawks vs. Pats' Super Bowl. Both teams seem primed to do so.

Who's gonna stop em'? Eagles? Broncos?

Date: August 26, 2014 16:13

Broncos are still better than the pats

Date: August 27, 2014 08:23

pete and the seahawks fined. seriously does this guy even know how to run a program without breaking some rules. thats at least twice he's broken the CBA since he became the coach in seattle. had player drug related issues with the jets, usc and seattle. had ncaa violations in usc.

Date: August 27, 2014 09:19

keefriffhard4life
pete and the seahawks fined. seriously does this guy even know how to run a program without breaking some rules. thats at least twice he's broken the CBA since he became the coach in seattle. had player drug related issues with the jets, usc and seattle. had ncaa violations in usc.

"He's just an excitable boy" Warren Zevon. Seriously, pretty minor stuff on the CBA. & if you look at the roster now, think they only have 1 guy left who had the PED issue. Bruce Irvin. The rest are gone. Watch out for Percy Harvin this year. I've got a little voice telling me he's going to have an epic year. When healthy, don't think anyone can stop him. GO HAWKS!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2375
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home