Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: about Stu
Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: July 16, 2014 13:04

Tens of thousands of photos have been taken of the RS (and other celebrities) and in this digital age, a large percentage of those photos are available online...parties, official functions, backstage, jams, studio, etc. I do not follow any other band except the RS, and before the net, collected a sizable RS library. There were numerous accounts and photos of the Stones with friends, colleagues, personnel and aquaintances. Nothing was secret. Certainly everything at Nellcôte was photographed.

Throughout my 8 years here, not only has Stonesrule continually mentioned her ongoing 40 year connection to the RS and their families, she chastises and belittles anyone who criticises them, and attempts to censor others' posts.

Her posts are always anecdotal and reveal nothing of substance - 'When Ahmed and I were making pancakes together...' ...'As Yoko said to me at the barbecue..'...'Elvis was such a prankster!' When pressed for details or proof, she refuses.

I recently asked Doom and Gloom to clarify what his often-mentioned connection to the RS was. He answered promptly, sensibly, and I am sure would provide specifics if asked.

As a wise man once said, "Those who have nothing to hide, hide nothing."

PS

Mr Powderman
Not even the former employees do that, only the fans...

Not true. Chris O'Dell, June Shelley and Georgia (Jo) Bergman wrote books including photos, as did Tony Sanchez (ha ha). Jo Wood was also employed by the Stones and wrote a book. Probably others as well.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 14:33 by Bliss.

Date: July 16, 2014 15:14

But they don't post here, dear Bliss.

Date: July 16, 2014 16:16

Not as far as we know, Mr P. They are just past employees who have publicised their connections to the Stones.

But the past and present insiders who do post - James Phelge, D and G and some others - are open about their connections, verifiable, modest, and do not insult others or tell them that they are not qualified to express an opinion.

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: July 16, 2014 17:20

stonesrule
Sorry to see this thread meant to be about Ian Stewart abruptly turn into
something quite different.

Despite the haters' comments about me in the past few hours, Stu was my friend and I was his friend and admirer. If you don't believe it or don't like it, just piss off.

I am also Sorry to see that for some reason I am now a hater just because I questioned something's that don't seem to add up forgive me

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 16, 2014 17:33

DandelionPowderman

They sometimes do... And Bliss is just right about a lot of things.
I don't like to say much because I like my privacy and like to stay an independent outsider but considering JH I know A LOT and I did say a few things on IORR before about this so called journalist who wrote that piece but really...that JH book and all that terribly interesting talk about the tapes?? Yep. There's just the talking about it that exists...and the huge self fulfilling pretention that it exists became a religion. Same goes for loads of other 'facts' that are distributed on iorr on lots of subjects as Bliss said earlier.

Stu: I think people make more of a lot of things about him than he would have liked but that's just based on all I've read about him.
Also: when you need the proceeds of a 950 copies book to give to his children for their education you can't say the RS did their moral duty to a very loyal band member.

Date: July 16, 2014 20:29

Bliss
Not as far as we know, Mr P. They are just past employees who have publicised their connections to the Stones.

But the past and present insiders who do post - James Phelge, D and G and some others - are open about their connections, verifiable, modest, and do not insult others or tell them that they are not qualified to express an opinion.

Hey! "Mr. P", I like that! grinning smiley

You're right. But I haven't seen James, Dreamer, D&G or Cocaine Eyes post pictures or audio clips to prove their connections either - and imo rightfully so.

I know there are many more connected posters here, and some of them might have posted something, too, but not in the context we're talking about here.

Rudeness is unnecessary, insider or not - I'll give you that.

Date: July 16, 2014 20:34

DandelionPowderman
Bliss

You're right. But I haven't seen James, Dreamer, D&G or Cocaine Eyes post pictures or audio clips to prove their connections either - and imo rightfully so.

I know there are many more connected posters here, and some of them might have posted something, too, but not in the context we're talking about here.

Who said anything about posting the tapes don't start making things up to prove your point.

Date: July 16, 2014 20:38

TRS
DandelionPowderman
Bliss

Who said anything about posting the tapes don't start making things up to prove your point.

Yeah, who said anything about posting THE tapes. I sure didn't.

Date: July 16, 2014 20:52

Blah blah blah go on with your bad self.At this point I am over people name dropping. Although it annoyed me last night while reading stonesrule being so indignant about Stu and what he would prefer or not prefer. How dare we discuss him and disgrace Stu in someway.. I say plzzz get over yourself.

Date: July 16, 2014 21:11

TRS
Blah blah blah go on with your bad self.At this point I am over people name dropping. Although it annoyed me last night while reading stonesrule being so indignant about Stu and what he would prefer or not prefer. How dare we discuss him and disgrace Stu in someway.. I say plzzz get over yourself.

But why take that out on me? What's with you? We don't even disagree that much confused smiley

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 16, 2014 21:14

I'm curious, did the cigarette pack sell? smiling smiley

Date: July 16, 2014 21:25

Mr P
But I haven't seen James, Dreamer, D&G or Cocaine Eyes post pictures or audio clips to prove their connections either - and imo rightfully so.

That's my point. They don't need to - their connection has been verified. (Of course, they could all be imposters, but ....)

And I forgot to add - they don't taunt the forum with "I've got a secret and I'm not gonna tell ya!"

Date: July 16, 2014 21:30

DandelionPowderman
TRS

But why take that out on me? What's with you? We don't even disagree that much confused smiley

You are right and I apologize I guess I thought you referenced me when you were talking about posting audio clips. because I questioned stonesrule about her concealing audio tapes of Jimi Hendrix. So I do apologize.

Date: July 16, 2014 22:21

No problem, mate smileys with beer

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: July 16, 2014 23:10

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

I don't like to say much because I like my privacy and like to stay an independent outsider but considering JH I know A LOT and I did say a few things on IORR before about this so called journalist who wrote that piece but really...that JH book and all that terribly interesting talk about the tapes?? Yep. There's just the talking about it that exists...and the huge self fulfilling pretention that it exists became a religion. Same goes for loads of other 'facts' that are distributed on iorr on lots of subjects as Bliss said earlier.

Stu: I think people make more of a lot of things about him than he would have liked but that's just based on all I've read about him.
Also: when you need the proceeds of a 950 copies book to give to his children for their education you can't say the RS did their moral duty to a very loyal band member.
STU DIED IN 1985.
"STU" CAME OUT IN 2003.
GILES WAS 32 YEARS OLD WHEN "STU" CAME OUT.
THE IDEA OF THE BOOK PAYING FOR HIS EDUCATION IS NONSENSE.
WE OBVIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA IF THE BAND TOOK CARE OF THE FAMILY.
AND IT'S NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 23:21 by BILLPERKS.

Date: July 17, 2014 00:24

BILLPERKS
Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

STU DIED IN 1985.
"STU" CAME OUT IN 2003.
GILES WAS 32 YEARS OLD WHEN "STU" CAME OUT.
THE IDEA OF THE BOOK PAYING FOR HIS EDUCATION IS NONSENSE.

That sounds plausible, indeed!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:29

BILLPERKS

THANK YOU, BILL.

OK, moving on. Who else likes Rocket 88?

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:31

stonehearted
<<stu wasn't a crybaby and his attitude was>>

You make it sound like Stu was perfectly happy to be shoved to the sidelines, as if it were what he should have been expecting from life.

Read Phelge's Stones. He was in the room with the Stones and Stu the day he was handed the news that he was out of the band. He was stoic about it for the most part, and the rest of the band felt badly and did their best to console him, and despite that he may have gradually adjusted to his relegated role in subsequent years, at the time he was dropped from the official line-up he was clearly upset:

"Keith turned to me over his left shoulder as I came in and said, 'Stu's agreed to stay on as road manager for us.'

"I smiled and said, 'Great,' but felt embarrassed. I thought Keith should have put it in another way--it did not seem fair to let Stu know that I had known about the situation before he had. Keith did it more as a natural reaction of relief, but Stu gave me a look that seemed to say, 'So you were in on it too!' It was not a good time for anyone.

"Obviously they had told Stu who had reluctantly accepted the job as road manager in order to stay with the band. He stood with his hands in his pockets and looked crestfallen at the turn of events. Everyone was trying hard to act cheerful--the boys knew how upset Stu would be feeling. Brian then began to promise things.

"'You'll still be able to play with us on occasions,' said Brian. 'We'll work something out, won't we, boys?' The others made conciliatory noises in agreement.

"Then Brian said to Stu, 'Don't worry about it; we'll see you all right; we'll make sure you get a sixth of everything.' With that he put his arm around Stu's shoulder and hugged him....

"'I'm sorry to hear about this Stu.' I offered genuinely.

"He took his hands from his pockets and turned his palms limply outward as a token of hopelessness.

"'I expected something like this might happen.' He sounded upset and said it so sadly. I looked at him and thought he was going to cry--if I had not been in the room, I felt sure he would have done so."

--James Phelge, Phelge's Stones, pp. 116-117 (paperback edition)

Thank you, stonehearted - for bringing up some verifiable info.

I believe Phelge's personal account of events, because he wouldn't have had any motive to put a different spin on what happened.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 17, 2014 00:55

Once again: Stu looks a bit like Morrissey:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 01:53 by TooTough.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:15

Stu looks really good in that bottom pic. grinning smiley

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 17, 2014 01:50

latebloomer
Stu looks really good in that bottom pic. grinning smiley

I was referring to my own statement that Stu has similarities to Morissey,
which I wanted to "prove".

Date: July 17, 2014 02:23

Bliss
Mr P
But I haven't seen James, Dreamer, D&G or Cocaine Eyes post pictures or audio clips to prove their connections either - and imo rightfully so.

That's my point. They don't need to - their connection has been verified. (Of course, they could all be imposters, but ....)

And I forgot to add - they don't taunt the forum with "I've got a secret and I'm not gonna tell ya!"

That´s their privilege, or something. At least, the insiders here are guilty of this - one by one (James and D&G are the honorable exceptions) grinning smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: July 17, 2014 02:51

MingSubu

Lots of them. Sold as 'the cigarettes smoked by JH'...
One of those...eye rolling smiley
But don't forget he was a very good friend and the book "was never about making money; I gave it all away, quite a bit of it to various old friends of Jimi who were in need."
I guess all her stories share the same significance: unbelievable.

Date: July 17, 2014 03:27

Dreamer
MingSubu

Lots of them. Sold as 'the cigarettes smoked by JH'...
One of those...eye rolling smiley
But don't forget he was a very good friend and the book "was never about making money; I gave it all away, quite a bit of it to various old friends of Jimi who were in need."

Gave it all away OK that's verifiable.. Look I am going to cut the crap and flat out say I don't believe anything stone rules says.full of crap I say.just my opinion.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:31 by TRS.

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: July 17, 2014 03:39

I think eventually Stu would have quit on his own once the "Chinese chords" replaced the boogie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-17 03:42 by bleedingman.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:23

TooTough
Once again: Stu looks a bit like Morrissey

I would say it is the other way around.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: July 17, 2014 04:46

Dreamer, you do not know what you are talking about.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2106
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home