Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28
Re: The Rolling Stones World Tour 2012-2015
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 4, 2014 15:39

georgelicks
South America is not going to happen until late 2015 (if it happens at all), it looks like the shows in Australia may be the last ones in a while.

It seems like Bobby Keys had something specific and in the near future in mind when he wrote that he would be back with the Stones on stage after the Australian tour though...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Nate ()
Date: November 4, 2014 19:59

gotdablouse
georgelicks
South America is not going to happen until late 2015 (if it happens at all), it looks like the shows in Australia may be the last ones in a while.

It seems like Bobby Keys had something specific and in the near future in mind when he wrote that he would be back with the Stones on stage after the Australian tour though...

That is true

Nate spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: November 6, 2014 14:07

Hey, I know the guys are touring Aus and those that can't make the shows are enjoying reading about the shows and checking out the great photographs but why has this thread gone so cold??? Seems there was some positive, fairly sure posts about possible shows in SA, US & UK dates.

ANYONE with any further news?

Cheers

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 6, 2014 14:39

I guess there's just nothing new happening.

Date: November 6, 2014 15:45

crawdaddy

Well I trust I can book holidays for August safely knowing the Stones will not be playing any shows in the UKwinking smiley

Date: November 6, 2014 16:24

Why would you think that the stones won't be playing in London next summer?
If they are going to play in London next summer then it won't be announced yet anyway.

Nate

Date: November 6, 2014 17:05

Only in August when I take holidays. June, July and early August bring it on I hope they do play some shows so I can be there. Hence the wink

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: November 7, 2014 00:41

Crazyhorse
crawdaddy

Well I trust I can book holidays for August safely knowing the Stones will not be playing any shows in the UKwinking smiley

Hyde Park will be early July.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: November 7, 2014 01:11

Crazyhorse
Only in August when I take holidays. June, July and early August bring it on I hope they do play some shows so I can be there. Hence the wink

June is probably pretty much out with Lisa Fischer doing solo dates that month in Australia

Date: November 7, 2014 13:13

Lets keep our fingers crossed for July or early August then. If they play SA I don't think I can raise the funds to goconfused smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 7, 2014 14:11

I don't think we will hear anything about gigs in London for a few months yet, but it will be on for the summer,I'm sure. smiling smiley

Re: Stones Jet entering Australian and New Zealand Skies
Date: November 7, 2014 16:50

RoughJusticeOnYa
Crazyhorse
Enjoy the shows in Aus. Wish I could be there with my English charisma as I know the ladies from Aus love it.

...Is that some new kind of Ale brew you Englanders take abroad with you, these days?!

I missed this first time around. Thanks for that RoughJusticeOnYa. Bottled and bought at the corner shop!

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: November 7, 2014 17:58

Would these shows in London still make sense, if the tour continues in the fall?

Thought BV meant London would conclude this tour?

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 8, 2014 10:08

Crazyhorse

They won't play London in August, so your holidays are good to go!

June and July is another matter though!

Re: Stones Jet entering Australian and New Zealand Skies
Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: November 8, 2014 11:59

Crazyhorse
RoughJusticeOnYa
Crazyhorse
Enjoy the shows in Aus. Wish I could be there with my English charisma as I know the ladies from Aus love it.

...Is that some new kind of Ale brew you Englanders take abroad with you, these days?!

I missed this first time around. Thanks for that RoughJusticeOnYa. Bottled and bought at the corner shop!

smileys with beer, Crazyhorse! Now let's hope the ladies love it... smoking smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: November 9, 2014 01:31

Crazyhorse
Hey, I know the guys are touring Aus and those that can't make the shows are enjoying reading about the shows and checking out the great photographs but why has this thread gone so cold??? Seems there was some positive, fairly sure posts about possible shows in SA, US & UK dates.

Cheers

I've heard twice now on fm radio they tour will most likely hit North America for the cities they missed. I hope so please come to Seattle Mick we want your presense here for one last time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-09 01:32 by babyblue.

Date: November 9, 2014 03:33

babyblue
Crazyhorse

Cheers

I've heard twice now on fm radio they tour will most likely hit North America for the cities they missed. I hope so please come to Seattle Mick we want your presense here for one last time.

Babyblue, thanks for that. I truly hope there is some real substance to those radio reports. If so I'll be there and the drinks are on me

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2014 21:45

From another thread, Mick told RS "we'll see" about a US Tour...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 21:46 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 10, 2014 22:33

Lisa Fischer has added more solo dates. She has 3 nights in New York City on January 8-10. She added 2 more dates in Australia, one of which is on March 14th in South Bank, the other on June 11 in Sydney, right before the previously announced Adelaide shows. She also has an Antwerp, Belgium show on May 24th.

This all seems to indicate that any North American shows would need to be completed by mid May and that anything in London or Europe wouldn't be before late June at the earliest.

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 00:17

They will play a bunch of shows in their adopted home, Mad Sq garden

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 11, 2014 00:37

It seems that Keith could release his album sometime between March and June and play a couple of gigs on his own and Mick could finish the Sticky Fingers re-issue for a mid-year release too.
Touring is another story.

Date: November 11, 2014 01:22

If the tour continues into 2015 It looks like SA, USA & hopefully UK. It would be fantastic if everyone stays well and this comes to fruition. I've got fingers and toes crossed for us all

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:55

Crazyhorse
I've got fingers and toes crossed for us all

Thanks, but I am affraid you don't have enough fingers and toes smiling smiley

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 11, 2014 01:57

The weakest link is now Sir Michael. The "bug" on his voice seems to be chronic. Which means he can manage a few concerts but sooner or later the "bug" will reappear.
So I think we will have seen the last of long tours for The Rolling Stones. It's not doable anymore.

Date: November 11, 2014 01:58

Halup
Lisa Fischer has added more solo dates. She has 3 nights in New York City on January 8-10. She added 2 more dates in Australia, one of which is on March 14th in South Bank, the other on June 11 in Sydney, right before the previously announced Adelaide shows. She also has an Antwerp, Belgium show on May 24th.

This all seems to indicate that any North American shows would need to be completed by mid May and that anything in London or Europe wouldn't be before late June at the earliest.

May I ask how you know that Lisa Fischer is playing solo gigs next year because it has nothing on her website about this,I'm not saying that your info is wrong I'm just interested because if she is playing in Australia in March then I guess this means that South America is definitely not happening in spring.

Thanks
Nate

Date: November 11, 2014 02:01

Nate
Halup

May I ask how you know that Lisa Fischer is playing solo gigs next year because it has nothing on her website about this,I'm not saying that your info is wrong I'm just interested because if she is playing in Australia in March then I guess this means that South America is definitely not happening in spring.

Thanks
Nate

Her dates are listed on Pollstar at www.pollstar.com. It would appear that her management or booking agent is passing that information on to Pollstar.

Date: November 11, 2014 02:03

This is what Pollstar shows for Lisa Fischer in 2015:

Appearing with Grand Baton
Thu 01/08/15 Updated in the last 24 hours New York, NY Jazz Standard

Fri 01/09/15 Updated in the last 24 hours New York, NY Jazz Standard

Sat 01/10/15 Updated in the last 24 hours New York, NY Jazz Standard

Sat 03/14/15 South Bank, Australia Elisabeth Murdoch Hall

Sun 05/24/15 Antwerp, Belgium De Roma

Thu 06/11/15 Sydney, Australia City Recital Hall - Angel Place

Sat 06/13/15 Adelaide, Australia Jane Dunstan Playhouse

Sun 06/14/15 Adelaide, Australia Jane Dunstan Playhouse

Clearly these dates are being booked based around any potential Stones touring, so you can see what time frames are now not possible for Stones dates.

Date: November 11, 2014 02:06

Thanks Halup

Nate thumbs up

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: November 11, 2014 04:19

Nate
Halup

Thanks
Nate

The South American tour is not going to happen and now I'm thinking about no shows at all next year.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 11, 2014 07:19

Hey BV, I think I read in another thread a post by you where you say you reckon THIS is the end of The Stones touring. Rather, they will play maybe a series of one offs or cities?

So, is the title of this thread still accurate, given we don't know there WILL be ANY SHOWS IN 2015?

Enjoy tomorrow night!

Rgds
Rod
Perth

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1819202122232425262728Next
Current Page: 25 of 28

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1655
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home