Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10
Re: Vienna 16 June 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: EJM ()
Date: June 18, 2014 09:59

24FPS
DoomandGloom

Here's another example of Keith playing with clear articulation. Smoothest he's been in sometime. It is exciting to watch his technique come alive. Really a good job by all here, when the guitars are stringing the sections together so perfectly we also hear a different Chuck who evokes much of the original recording here.

Are we to leap up and down in joy every time Keith comes almost near to playing a guitar part almost right?!'
Alternatively, we can watch with interest how he delivers the spirit of his music in spite of the technical capability he has at his disposal

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 18, 2014 09:59

Beast
Never in my life seen such appalling and totally shambolic security. At the eleventh hour, all those in the joint diamond and gold circle queue were told that the three left-hand aisles would be for gold circle only and the fourth right-hand aisle for diamond only. So it meant that many were wrongly positioned and there was a mad scrum for the diamond aisle in which I nearly got crushed and Paulywaul was involuntarily lifted off his feet. Then to add insult to injury, the diamond wristbands were at the first far left-hand aisle - the total opposite to what we'd been told - so it became a case of grabbing a wristband from someone standing there with them doing nothing. It was chaotic and dangerous initially.

That totally sucks (sounds like what we were all fearing would happen at Hyde Park), but very happy it all worked out in the end! But really, there's no excuse for this kind of chaos.

Posted by: farco ()
Date: June 18, 2014 11:38

jumpingjackflash68
Hi Fans!

Have anyone?

Can't Be Seen

Brown Sugar

If yes, please send me the youtube link, Thanks

This is one of my videos!
Hope you like it...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:21

Nice one farco. >grinning smiley<

I think that Can't Be Seen is getting better each gig.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:32

crawdaddy
I think that Can't Be Seen is getting better each gig.

Totally agree, and good on Keith for changing it up and actually trying this one out.

Posted by: austrianstones ()
Date: June 18, 2014 12:54

btw:

somebody heard infamy (keith) at the soundcheck, too ? or was it just my imagination?

Posted by: rstass ()
Date: June 18, 2014 13:01

Hi !

Can somebody save me the stones news videos in .avi fromat from this homepage:
[tvthek.orf.at]

There are videos also from So.15, Mo.16, Di.17 !
Thanks in advance !

Posted by: Karlos123 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 14:16

stonehearted
<<Why would people pay a shitload of money to attend a live (!) concert to end up taping the best song of the set from a video (!) screen for 13+ minutes?>>

To upload it to their YouTube account where someone will post it on an international fan forum board, so that their video gets 29,846 (and counting) more views than it ordinarily would have gotten--and that's more people than who were at the show. And that's pretty good, when your video clip pulls in more fans than the Stones drew to one of their shows.

I don't get your point. As long as I don't get money from ads on youtube, why would I care how many people watch my video? Fame? Satisfaction? I go to concerts to enjoy the show, the music and the people around me. I don't think the Stones are a band that need viral "marketing" via videos on youtube to get attention.

Posted by: GeorgV ()
Date: June 18, 2014 14:45

Karlos123
stonehearted
<<Why would people pay a shitload of money to attend a live (!) concert to end up taping the best song of the set from a video (!) screen for 13+ minutes?>>

To upload it to their YouTube account where someone will post it on an international fan forum board, so that their video gets 29,846 (and counting) more views than it ordinarily would have gotten--and that's more people than who were at the show. And that's pretty good, when your video clip pulls in more fans than the Stones drew to one of their shows.

I don't get your point. As long as I don't get money from ads on youtube, why would I care how many people watch my video? Fame? Satisfaction? I go to concerts to enjoy the show, the music and the people around me. I don't think the Stones are a band that need viral "marketing" via videos on youtube to get attention.

I am happy that someone is doing these videos and uploading them so I can see clips from the concerts I not attend.
Personally, I only take a few pictures in the beginning and maybe some videosnippets, because it takes my focus away from the stage and music.
Thanks to you all for taking the time to post videos and pictures from the concerts.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 14:54

Hey MoreFastNumbers!
Write a review and email me now!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 14:56 by 1962.

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 18, 2014 15:16

My short review of the concert:
amazing crowd - they went totally crazy for the duration of more than 2 hours (very rare at austrian concerts) >grinning smiley<
very good sound - only at the end of the concerts the guitars were too loud... I couldn't hear the drums anymore tongue sticking out smiley

They played much better than in Hyde Park - no major mistakes - and Keith in the shape of his life smileys with beer

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 15:26

bernard90mike

amazing crowd - they went totally crazy for the duration of more than 2 hours (very rare at austrian concerts) >grinning smiley<

When Mick asked if anyone was there from Hungary I think 8-10.000 Hungarians answered loud + there were some 5-6.000 from Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Chech, many from Italy etc. (from the area of, you know, the former Austrian-Hungarian monarchy)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 15:44 by 1962.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: June 18, 2014 16:28

One of the videos, which I made.

Angie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 16:30 by Ladykiller.

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:13

EJM
24FPS
DoomandGloom

Here's another example of Keith playing with clear articulation. Smoothest he's been in sometime. It is exciting to watch his technique come alive. Really a good job by all here, when the guitars are stringing the sections together so perfectly we also hear a different Chuck who evokes much of the original recording here.

Are we to leap up and down in joy every time Keith comes almost near to playing a guitar part almost right?!'
Alternatively, we can watch with interest how he delivers the spirit of his music in spite of the technical capability he has at his disposal
It's called being a fan, knowing that the future of The Rolling Stones is tied to Keith who may not be as frail as once thought. His playing has slowly improved sine 2013 but now seems to be advancing more rapidly. Pretty much a perfect version here and the audience love is heartwarming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-18 17:24 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:27

There was nothing wrong with his playing in 2013, really. The errors that everybody points out didn't start piling up until maybe HP and onward.

Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:29

From photographer Brian Rasic's photoset:

[www.facebook.com]

Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:29

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: June 18, 2014 17:51

Good to hear Vienna was a very good show! Thank you for all the reviews and videos. I more then enjoyed Pinkpop, That was a great joy being there.
My next show is Rome. Can't wait.

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: June 18, 2014 18:03

Good to see Brian (Branislav) Rasic still making great photos.

Posted by: wandering spirit ()
Date: June 18, 2014 18:40

Because I was on holiday when the tickets were sold, I just managed to get a Lucky Dip ticket, which got me into the upper section, sector B, almost next to the stage. I had hoped for a place in the pit, because I feared .that the atmosphere up there would be lousy but luckily this wasn´t the case at all. When the stones started, almost everybody was up to his feet, shouted and started to dance. Next to me most people were fans in their twenties, what surprised me a bit. Almost everybody wore a Stones T-Shirt, which was great too. I have seen the Stones the first time 1982, and I enjoyed all their concerts I have seen since then (1990,1995,1998,1999,2003 and 2006), and of course it is hard to judge objective, but in any case they were really in great form and it was great performance. They really were on fire. To me the sound and also the quality of the video walls were very good. Highlights for me were MR, OOC, HTW, JJF, YCAGWYW, and Satisfaction. The version of DG (which I like) was not one of their best, and Keiths Can´t be seen was not so great. Of course there were some minor “mistakes”, but overall I say the musical quality of their performance was high. The guitars were loud and rough, and Mick still moves and dances like a young man. I also appreciated Mick speaking a lot in German. With 3 words: it was great!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 18, 2014 19:27

wandering spirit
Next to me most people were fans in their twenties, what surprised me a bit.

The day after the Paris show I happened to walk past the posh hotel where one band member was staying. On the sidewalk were 20-30 hardcore fans waiting for him, and most of them were 15 to 25.

I was very surprised...

Posted by: phd ()
Date: June 18, 2014 19:28

Rolling Stones.com writes a 60,000 audience. Who is right and who is wrong ?

Posted by: zgubi ()
Date: June 18, 2014 20:20

just made it home after a 20+ hour train ride, must admit I'm loving the trains more and more and have a different perspective on traveling with every trip.

Vienna, you beautiful city with rocking crowds, I think I could come back for concerts in the future, love the trip and the atmosphere.

I was there for only two days after Budapest and Bratislava (which were as well a lot of fun) and I read the forum for details about a pre-meeting but I must have missed it.

Did some sightseeing before the show and while heading back to get confirmation for the tickets we passed by the Stones hotel just in time to see them leaving for the stadium. How's that for perfect timing? smiling smiley

My friend from Norway and I went to Prater before the show as it was close to the stadium, Prater was full of Stones t-shirts so in my view that was the pre-party, also the after-party.

So this time I didn't meet any other IORRians although I hoped, anyways. Got to the Lucky Dip queue (no queue really) at around 7.00 - 7.30 and got Block B tickets.

There were on the top level and on the side of the stage with a fenced entrance, that was a bit disturbing after the experiences so far.
With a bit of catching the opportunity, a little patience and some luck we sneaked into the very first row of the seated area, little above the standing area. I loved the spot you could hear well (sometimes with echo) and see the entire stage without reaching behind tall guys in front.

When the waves started in the crowd and all the clapping and cheering got me very excited about the show. And I definitely got Satisfaction from this crowd from the first riffs of Start Me Up I was shouting how I love the crowd.

I was standing right at the edge so I left my phone filming for quite a few songs while enjoying the show.

I feel too that Keith stole the show in Vienna, with the solos and the running and the smiles and I bet that screaming audience had a lot to do with it.
My friend said she's starting to play bass again when she gets back from the concert, and I'm definitely picking up my guitar.

I loved how the crowd was singing the choruses before Mick giving the tone and I was surprised to find myself so familiar to the show at this point that I almost now what's happening in the next moment.
The strange feeling for me is that I am now familiar with a Rolling Stones concert and one year ago I had no idea this was all coming. Fantastic!

Also realised that all these amazing experiences put together are incredibily fulfilling, I am simply happy when I'm at the concert, and loving the anticipation before and the big smile afterwards. Also, all these trips have indeed turned into amazing experiences. So I'm simply thankful to be a part of this story, to leave my little chapters and enjoy them to the max.

I don't know what the next show I'm going to is, maybe Rome, maybe Brussels, hopefully Stockholm but I'm confident there's at least one more, maybe two, maybe more...

So without further mumbling from my side, here is the video of the trip to Vienna, it's a big long but has moments with the band leaving, some of the show, a few bizzare moments like being in a shopping mall at 2am and some crazy rides in Prater:

Rock'n Roll!

I make daily videos on the tour at [youtube.com]
Going to: London - Manchester - Twickenham - Berlin - Marseille - Prague - Warsaw

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 20:32

I was in Vienna last night, for me the only date of the European leg.
I was lucky, front row Keith side, right in the corner. Next to me a bunch of cool guys from Poland
The Stones were great, they have given up, I had the distinct feeling
they are very close .... a lot more than in years past.
I saw Keith play great, ok read the words when he has to sing, but that does not mean anything. The guitar is his instrument and can give lesson to all!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 18, 2014 20:34

zgubi
just made it home after a 20+ hour train ride, must admit I'm loving the trains more and more and have a different perspective on traveling with every trip.

Vienna, you beautiful city with rocking crowds, I think I could come back for concerts in the future, love the trip and the atmosphere.

I was there for only two days after Budapest and Bratislava (which were as well a lot of fun) and I read the forum for details about a pre-meeting but I must have missed it.

Did some sightseeing before the show and while heading back to get confirmation for the tickets we passed by the Stones hotel just in time to see them leaving for the stadium. How's that for perfect timing? smiling smiley

My friend from Norway and I went to Prater before the show as it was close to the stadium, Prater was full of Stones t-shirts so in my view that was the pre-party, also the after-party.

So this time I didn't meet any other IORRians although I hoped, anyways. Got to the Lucky Dip queue (no queue really) at around 7.00 - 7.30 and got Block B tickets.

There were on the top level and on the side of the stage with a fenced entrance, that was a bit disturbing after the experiences so far.
With a bit of catching the opportunity, a little patience and some luck we sneaked into the very first row of the seated area, little above the standing area. I loved the spot you could hear well (sometimes with echo) and see the entire stage without reaching behind tall guys in front.

When the waves started in the crowd and all the clapping and cheering got me very excited about the show. And I definitely got Satisfaction from this crowd from the first riffs of Start Me Up I was shouting how I love the crowd.

I was standing right at the edge so I left my phone filming for quite a few songs while enjoying the show.

I feel too that Keith stole the show in Vienna, with the solos and the running and the smiles and I bet that screaming audience had a lot to do with it.
My friend said she's starting to play bass again when she gets back from the concert, and I'm definitely picking up my guitar.

I loved how the crowd was singing the choruses before Mick giving the tone and I was surprised to find myself so familiar to the show at this point that I almost now what's happening in the next moment.
The strange feeling for me is that I am now familiar with a Rolling Stones concert and one year ago I had no idea this was all coming. Fantastic!

Also realised that all these amazing experiences put together are incredibily fulfilling, I am simply happy when I'm at the concert, and loving the anticipation before and the big smile afterwards. Also, all these trips have indeed turned into amazing experiences. So I'm simply thankful to be a part of this story, to leave my little chapters and enjoy them to the max.

I don't know what the next show I'm going to is, maybe Rome, maybe Brussels, hopefully Stockholm but I'm confident there's at least one more, maybe two, maybe more...

So without further mumbling from my side, here is the video of the trip to Vienna, it's a big long but has moments with the band leaving, some of the show, a few bizzare moments like being in a shopping mall at 2am and some crazy rides in Prater:

Rock'n Roll!
What a great film smileys with beer
I'm even appearing on it when Keith & Ronnie leave for soundcheck grinning smiley

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: June 18, 2014 20:53

Karlos123
stonehearted

I get what you are saying but the people who go to concerts and spend their time making videos don't. The You Tube thing feeds their egos, and they're not there to listen to music anyway. If they were, the phone would be in the pocket.

Re: Rolling Stones - Vienna 16 June 2014
Posted by: glimmerkkp ()
Date: June 18, 2014 21:30

bye bye johnny

Charlie looks like he's eating sushi with those sticks grinning smiley

-----------------------------------------------

[glimmerkkp.blogspot.com]

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: June 18, 2014 21:59

Keith, best playing ever.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 18, 2014 22:03

powerage78
Keith, best playing ever.

Gold Rings on your ears.

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: June 18, 2014 22:52

Here's what Darryl Jones has to say on the gig via Facebook - and guess what, he mentions the audience too grinning smiley

"Great crowd in Vienna Monday night. They were ROCKIN'! That always makes playing that much more joyous.The audiences' energy pushes us to dig deeper which,in turn,further energizes the audience and the whole thing feeds on itself.It becomes a self generating circle.That's what live music is all about. Like the man said,"Music sweet music...."

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 9 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1860
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home