Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Info on upcoming Ronnie Wood signature Les Paul
Posted by: doster ()
Date: June 11, 2014 01:55

Ronnie mentioned something about a new signature Les Paul in works, anyone have any information about it?
I'm just guessing that it will look like the reliced sunburst he's playing now.

Re: Info on upcoming Ronnie Wood signature Les Paul
Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: June 11, 2014 10:36

Has he not got a hole drilled in it to stash his slide? Might affect sales.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 11, 2014 14:45

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 18:55 by Roadster32.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:28

Didn't he play a lp on rambler at pinkpop on Saturday? He played a bit of slide on his solo at the end of the song.

Sorry, not really on topic winking smiley

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 11, 2014 16:54

This can't be true. It beggars belief that Gibson would do a signature LP for Ronnie Wood, a guitarist overwhelmingly associated with Strats and Zamaitis, but have yet to do the Keefburst, a genuinely iconic guitar with a well-documented history, played by at least four of the greatest players ever. (Unless I've missed something - the Keefburst is in private ownership now, so perhaps the person who has it wasn't willing to work with Gibson on a reissue.)

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:39

Keith won't do endorsements for guitars.

Date: June 11, 2014 17:45

DoomandGloom

Only strings winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-11 17:46 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:53

DoomandGloom

That being so, what happened to the talk a year or two ago of a Taylor signature LP (which would, inevitably, have been closely based on the Keefburst, as his R9 is)?

Date: June 27, 2014 22:47

I'm still looking for information about this guitar.

Ronnie has been quoted, saying he's been playing a prototype "Ron Wood Signature Les Paul" on the tour.

Thanks

Posted by: Fillmore ()
Date: June 27, 2014 22:56

Are you sure it´s a reissue he´s playing live, and not an old one? The Sunburst Les Paul I saw first in London on 25/11/12 (he played 2/3 of the show with this guitar) is one of the few we don´t get info in the new "Stones Gear Book" about. It´s mentioned, but not described. But I also think, a relic ´55 Strat in two-tone sunburst or a Zemaitis would be even more likely to be related to Mr. Wood. Just my 2 cents…
Fillmore

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: June 27, 2014 23:12

Ronnie Wood has had 2 signature models with 2 different companies--ESP Japan (his black telecaster with the B-bender) and Duesenberg. I believe the ESP model you can still buy - but without the bender. You see them from time to time on eBay. The bender model with the Parsons/White bender is pretty rare. The Duesenberg is no longer being made (I think) and are quite expensive.

I've yet to see anything either regarding a RW signature Les Paul. I'd be interested/and somewhat surprised to learn that this is true.

Ronnie Wood is not a very good guitar player. He's tolerable as a Stones guitar player - but outside that....he's very limited and has been playing the same licks/riffs for 30 years ala Richards, Clapton etc.,etc.,etc.,

Date: June 27, 2014 23:36

By that logic none of the musicians in the Stones are more than tolerable...

It never ceases to amaze me that there are Stones fans who don't get that it is the band and its chemistry that make them good. confused smiley

Who had major success as a solo artist outside the Stones again? None, but lots of fans find Ronnie's albums best.

Posted by: Seb91 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 23:38

Stoneburst
This can't be true. It beggars belief that Gibson would do a signature LP for Ronnie Wood, a guitarist overwhelmingly associated with Strats and Zamaitis, but have yet to do the Keefburst, a genuinely iconic guitar with a well-documented history, played by at least four of the greatest players ever. (Unless I've missed something - the Keefburst is in private ownership now, so perhaps the person who has it wasn't willing to work with Gibson on a reissue.)

Whilst I agree it's a bit odd, considering the amount of random people who have signature guitars now I think it's fitting that Ronnie should have one. I mean hell, DJ Ashba from Guns N' Roses is getting one and that guy hasn't even played on any GN'R albums!

I loved the sound Ronnie got out of his Les Paul at Hyde Park last summer. Generally I prefer Mick Taylor to Ronnie but the guy can certainly play. I think the guy's a bit underrated really.

Date: June 28, 2014 20:52

I wish I could find the artcle where he mentioned it in passing. There's also a Ron Wood Gibson SJ-200 acoustic signature model from the late '90's.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: June 28, 2014 23:44

Is that the one with the heart shaped soundhole?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: June 28, 2014 23:53

OK here we go. Another $5000 for another Les Paul, geez.

When I got my first les Paul in 74 there were maybe 4 or 5 models. Guess what?

There are now 70. yes 70 models you can choose from. Gibson...give us a break.

Here they are... [www2.gibson.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 23:54 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: June 29, 2014 01:05

Here's the ESP Tele (I've got one just like it, it's awesome).

Here's the Gibson J-200. A friend has one of these and she loves it.

Here's the Duesenberg, one pretty guitar.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: June 29, 2014 16:31

MingSubu
Is that the one with the heart shaped soundhole?

That's a Zemaitis!

Posted by: milio77 ()
Date: June 29, 2014 16:57

If Gibson is releasing a Ronnie Wood signature model my guess it's taht is going to be his new balck Gibson. I can't rememeber the model name now but I remember a recent post on Ronnie's Facebook posing with it and saying something about his new Gibson guitar. Here it is:

This one is a bit small but I think that's Ronnie's signature on the back of the headstock:

Date: June 30, 2014 10:36

I may be wrong, but it doesn´t look like a "Les Paul Model"...? The body shape looks different (or is it my changed perception caused in Werchter?).

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: June 30, 2014 10:57

some more discussion on that Gibson here.. Ronnie's guitar

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 1, 2014 15:36

johnh
some more discussion on that Gibson here.. Ronnie's guitar

Yep, I started that thread over there on the LPF.
Ronnie played that guitar extensively on the current '14 on Fire' tour.
(see the pics here on 'IORR' and on 'Rocks Off'.
Seems to me like a downsized L5 S. Just guessing.

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: July 1, 2014 16:06

DandelionPowderman

It never ceases to amaze me that there are Stones fans who don't get that it is the band and its chemistry that make them good. confused smiley

Who had major success as a solo artist outside the Stones again? None, but lots of fans find Ronnie's albums best.

RIght....forgot.....the ancient art of weaving (cue Keith's raspy...'weary'...'seasoned'...rasp).

Since we're talking 'logic'---is what your saying good musicians can't gel---don't have chemistry?

1976 Knebworth---Lynryd Skynrd kicked the shit out of the Stones---who by then already were coked out jokes. Skynryd had chemistry - but also were good musicians, much tighter band.

Date: July 1, 2014 16:26

sodapop
1976 Knebworth---Lynryd Skynrd kicked the shit out of the Stones---who by then already were coked out jokes. Skynryd had chemistry - but also were good musicians, much tighter band.

Thanks for mentioning, essential info in this thread - NOT!
Skynyrds Rossington got his Signature LP (and it´s f**king amazing), but here´s about Ronnie´s Gibson.
At least the title says so...

Cheers, Fillmore

Date: July 1, 2014 19:20

sodapop
DandelionPowderman

RIght....forgot.....the ancient art of weaving (cue Keith's raspy...'weary'...'seasoned'...rasp).

Since we're talking 'logic'---is what your saying good musicians can't gel---don't have chemistry?

Two hits, some chemistry and a VERY limited, one-dimensional sound, unlike our boys.

Nobody but die-hard Skynyrd fans claim that they could hold a candle to the Stones at Knebworth - which admittedly sounds like a hit and miss-show.

Posted by: Phil Good ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:04

The OP asked about Ronnie's upcoming signature Gibson guitar.
So can we go back to topic, please.

Date: July 2, 2014 12:42

With pleasure. I'm just sick of the trolls here. So-called Stones fans who claim that Ronnie isn't good enough to have his own signature models (like that ever has been the criteria)...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 12:43 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:33

sodapop
DandelionPowderman

of course skynrd were stone cold sober and they did not smell that smell and smashed up cars on oak trees and so forth .they were all sh#$ faced !!!!!!

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: July 2, 2014 17:34

To me it looked a lot like a 2 pickups custom L5S, like the one used in the 80s by Keith. Apparently this one -pickup model was a custom order only owned by Keith, Ronnie & Pete Townsend. Can't remember where I read that, however. Not sure it's even true!

Date: July 3, 2014 09:10

gwen
Apparently this one -pickup model was a custom order only owned by Keith, Ronnie & Pete Townsend. Can't remember where I read that, however. Not sure it's even true!

Which makes this guitar about as mystic as the "Gibson Moderne" from 1958 winking smiley.
Imagine: Ronnie moving out of The Wick, Pete just moving in - they meet in the doorway, both carrying their Custom L5s.

Cheers, Fillmore

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home