Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones On Stage
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 2, 2005 02:32

OK the last thread I posted caused such a ruckus I thought I would start another one. So here goes my lastest rant. On this tour I wish they would please keep all of the other people OFF the friggen stage. All I want to see is Mick,Keith,Charlie,Ronnie and Daryl. With maybe Bobby Keys and one other horn.IF they need a piano get ANYONE other then Chuck Levell. That guy is an overbearing pain in the ass . No offense to Lisa Fischer and Bernard and even Blondie but stay the hell off the stage. Keep it simple. Lets see if these guys can still really play . For $400 I don't want to hear backup players to fill in the sound . I am sure this will piss some people off and I am not trying to dump on the people that back these guys up . They are talented people. But I am not there to see them or hear them . So if this tour is REALLY THE ROLLING STONES ON STAGE . Then let us just see and hear them . Period.

Re: Stones On Stage
Posted by: stonestom ()
Date: June 2, 2005 02:43

We know that these guys can really play buddy.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 2, 2005 03:00

Lapetomane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>IF they need a piano
> get ANYONE other then Chuck Levell. That guy is an
> overbearing pain in the ass . No offense to Lisa
> Fischer and Bernard and even Blondie but stay the
> hell off the stage. Keep it simple.

True words of wisdom have never been spoken so eloquently. Cut the crap, and let it rip!
Seeing all the filler back-up shit onstage is unbeareable at times and takes away from the Stones pure rock and roll essence.
It becomes a mockery of what the Stones stand for, and makes me doubt whether they still have what it takes to rock like they mean it.
There are minor glimpses of them at their best when they hit the B-stage (Midnight Rambler was exceptional!), but that isn't enough to satisfy the hunger of any true Stones fan.

Posted by: backstreetboy ()
Date: June 2, 2005 08:03

i do not agree,the current line up is flawless pefection.don't get me wrong i want it to be stripped down as well,maybe half the songs just our 5 boys,obvious they can do it listen to midnight rambler from msg,or iorr,or what about when the whip comes down.all on flicks dvd,or street fightin man twickenham,total bedlam.

john scialfa

Posted by: CSD ()
Date: June 2, 2005 09:36

I can understand for the stadium shows they need a fuller sound, but maybe when they do theatre shows, they could just do it as the four of them plus Darryl. That would definitely be worth seeing and they could play whatever they want!

Posted by: Fansince1964 ()
Date: June 2, 2005 10:20

And haven't we eard it all before!
Once again this type of topics is so boring to read over and over again.
If it's so boring with the X-tra players on stage, why then don't you just
stay at home and don't buy a ticket.

HJofSweden

Posted by: Bluespeyer ()
Date: June 2, 2005 16:20

I couldn't agree with you more, Lapetomane. With Lisa, Bernard, Blondie and Chuck up there, the Stones aren't really the Stones anymore. To me, they sound more like a Vegas-style revue band covering Stones material. I call them Stones Light these days. In fact, and I say this with all seriousness, if they had sounded like this from the start, I never would've gotten into them in the first place.

But, different strokes for different folks, I guess. I'll still be at the shows, of course ... wishing like hell that they finally come to their senses, kick everybody else off the friggin' stage, and get back to being the Stones.

-- Keep on rollin'. Keep on. Keep on. Keep on. --

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 2, 2005 16:24

I'd love a stripped down show but you gotta remember that the general public want the warhorses, fireworks, big ol stage, custome changes...the full works and the band will go with it. The general public don't recall 1972....
I also don't understand this 'lack of confidence' stuff. If the stones didn't have the conviction to go on then I'm sure they wouldn't.....why bother at all with the b-stage if they couldn't play it. Its not like they've ended up like the Who circa 1989. I don't recall back-up muscians during the PC and that was three numbers (one new) in front of the worlds press...and played pretty damn well.
Give em a break....they still are pure RnR!

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 2, 2005 16:43

Seems a pretty familiar comment, Ablett!

Date: June 2, 2005 16:46

pretty familiar thread.....

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 2, 2005 16:50

true

Date: June 2, 2005 17:20

Dude you can try and justify having all of those people on stage but I think it is bullshit. If I want to see a Vegas act I will go out to Nevada. The Stones are Rock and Roll. Hell I would rather them cut there show down to 90 minutes and just have them blow you out of the arena then listen to some of the watered down horshit they did they last time . Plus with allthe backing peoleon stage with them they aren't playing half the time . Just posing and mugging . I just want to hear them . That's how they made there bones. Go back to your roots guys and just play

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 2, 2005 17:29

enough already - it ain't gonna happen - so let's just fuhget about it...

Date: June 2, 2005 17:37

You'd rather a shorter show!! Clotheared muppet....Licks tour rocked! Just listen to FF....
Anyway as T&A said it aint gonna happen...so fuhget about it...

Date: June 2, 2005 21:07

Hey ABLETT we are all entitled to say what we think on here . That is what it is for. So I don't think calling some stupid name makes you look very bright .
And as far as FANSINCE1964 goes you may have heard all this before but that is how I fell about it .As far as you saying if I don't like it don't buy a Ticket. WELL I DIDN'T . I wouldn't and couldn't justify paying over $400 or over $160 +
to sit in the rafters to see this . I know a scam when I see one and that's what this is. I have seen them play the same stuff over and over and if you don't think the LICKS TOUR was a scam then shame on you . What did you get the last time ? $300 fo NOTHING new.Oh sorry. One new song . These guys want your money. Plain and simple and if you think they care one bit about anyone but themselves then you better think again. . Because they don't. They could care less about you or anyone in the places they play. I can say this because I was in the 5th row watching Jagger jump up and down yelling @#$%& you back to the crowd. Real caring kind of guy.

Posted by: J-J-Flash ()
Date: June 2, 2005 21:12

"IF they need a piano get ANYONE other then Chuck Levell. That guy is an overbearing pain in the ass "

But you can call someone stupid for thinking Chuck is the reason to blame for all this or he is a pain in the ass. What is that? He does what Mick and Keith tell him to do. Don't you think Keith can't tell that the keyboards are turned way up in the mix. Come on already.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home