Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Offending posts on IORR - policy
Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 3, 2014 20:46

This is only interesting for those of you who do NOT agree on the IORR posting policy. If so, please read on...

Some have mixed up IORR with a toilet wall. You know, placed where kids practice toilet wall talk and drawings, "adult" talk, basically anything they would never say in front of their parents, but here it goes, nobody see you when you are alone with the toilet wall...

Same with IORR for some, as you might be anonymous, nobody see your home address, your face, who you are... Then it is tempting to insult, even if it hurts. Then rest assure I will delete your post, I will delete your offending thread, and I will delete your posting access on IORR. The same goes for those who repeat a deleted thread or a post that has been deleted due to the offending nature.

This is not rocket science. It is basic IORR posting policy. Manners. Please do not offend. By the way, if you don't like these rules, then sorry, please find some other place for toilet talks. There are MILLIONS of web sites on Internet, I am sure you will find one that is good for you. IORR is basically for fans and reporting on The Rolling Stones and their music.

If you are unsure about the IORR posting policy, it is here:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 21:26 by bv.

Re: Offending posts on IORR - policy
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:02

I agree and not agree....as a "regular" visitor I don't see many of these offending post as you mentioned.....so I think IORR is a safe place to hang out.

I could be wrong but as far as I understand you receive a lot of "Report This Message" from "some" of our beloved posters....and then I understand you receive only the nasty post.............(maybe IORR should add I like this post)

For me I don't see the wrong post or I have big eyecups grinning smiley

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:08

NICOS
I agree and not agree....as a "regular" visitor I don't see many of these offending post as you mentioned.....so I think IORR is a safe place to hang out.

I could be wrong but as far as I understand you receive a lot of "Report This Message" from "some" of our beloved posters....and then I understand you receive only the nasty post.............(maybe IORR should add I like this post)

For me I don't see the wrong post or I have big eyecups grinning smiley

This probably happens because BV are deleting them, and sometimes I don't see it too. smiling smiley

I can't understand why is so difficult sometimes for people to understand that this is a nice place to talk about our favorite band without needing to offend other posters. Personally, I've never felt offended by anyone here, but I can see BV's point.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 21:12 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:12

Thank you BV.
IORR is a great site thanks to the great forum-members, but also because of your cleaning up.

The nonsense posts at the Zurich concert update pages were for me particularly annoying examples.
Sadly, that's what it can come to at these exciting days of the Stones Tour of Europe.

Date: June 3, 2014 21:18

My slogan is.......... just ignore the nasty post.... and they fade out within minutes (there is nothing frustrating if you make stupid statement or a nasty comment that will not be answered).....

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:20

Thanks bv, I notice you had to waste your time deleting that "tickets on eBay advertising" thread, sadly I think it was started by a longtime member who should have known better, oh well...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:20

One thing that BV didn't say is that occasionally he sends out a friendly warning. Longtime posters who say one offending thing don't usually get the boot. I'd say he is a pretty lax webmaster in many regards.

BV, thanks for letting us crash at your place. This is a pretty sweet house, and has been for like 20 years right?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:21

NICOS
My slogan is.......... just ignore the nasty post.... and they fade out within minutes (there is nothing frustrating if you make stupid statement or a nasty comment that will not be answered).....

Don't feed the troll, in other words. Good advice.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:26

shattered1978
Thank you BV.
IORR is a great site thanks to the great forum-members, but also because of your cleaning up.

The nonsense posts at the Zurich concert update pages were for me particularly annoying examples.
Sadly, that's what it can come to at these exciting days of the Stones Tour of Europe.

Yeah but they weren't exactly offensive were they, (or worth reporting for any serious person) things just got a bit silly because the Stones' tweeter wasn't posting the tracklist (as is usual) and nobody knew what was going on at the show............that's all - nobody spat at the pope.

That idiot last night though, personally insulting Lisa Fischer (apart from her performance) - that was pretty base, reminded me of a lemming -

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 22:47 by EddieByword.

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:51

NICOS

just ignore the nasty post...

It depends how nasty it is, i think there are different forms, when it is discriminating it should be deleted

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: June 3, 2014 21:57

bv
IORR is basically for fans and reporting on The Rolling Stones and their music.

Yes, let's try to keep it that way

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: Vwoods747 ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:01

Thank you bv! These posts, threads are a bunch psycho babble from uninformed "fans". Now, on with the tour!

Posted by: waterrats ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:07

Thanks BV!

Sad that it seems nescessary in the first place... eye rolling smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:29

Thank you BV, great to get that person deleted.

On with the TOUR

jeroen

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:30

shattered1978
Thank you BV.

Message received and understood. You will not see my posts in any more update threads unless I have attended the concert.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 3, 2014 22:37

Green Lady
shattered1978
Thank you BV.

Message received and understood. You will not see my posts in any more update threads unless I have attended the concert.

Nobody's suggesting only those who attend the show should post in it; even you have to admit that thread was an utter mess.

Entire pages devoted to balcony photos with people quoting the same pictures over and over again to simply add a grinning smiley or smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-03 22:38 by Bastion.

Date: June 3, 2014 22:46

It works like this:

If someone post something, and many people get offended, and they report it to me, and I read it, and I agree it is offending, then I delete it, and because I am very busy, I often delete the posting access for that person. Because the cleanup takes a lot of time.

It happens 1-2 times per week, may be 3-4 times this week, but I can not spend an hour of cleaning up after other people. There are still tens of thousand who post on IORR and two million who read the reports so I don't really worry much. This is more for the information. It is useless to ask me to restore posting access during the tour, I am too busy, and for those who call me names forget it. I am busy and I never look back.

Most people are friendly and 99% of all on IORR are understanding and play with these basic rules. Just the fact that I take time to explain this is a proof of the fact that I do give a warning. If you play with fire then please don't blame me if you are burning.

PS. Most of you never see these offending posts, because I delete them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 3, 2014 23:04

Bastion
Green Lady
shattered1978
Thank you BV.

Nobody's suggesting only those who attend the show should post in it; even you have to admit that thread was an utter mess.

Entire pages devoted to balcony photos with people quoting the same pictures over and over again to simply add a grinning smiley or smileys with beer

Yes, it was a mess - mostly born out of frustration because there was no setlist to report. As the person who posted the original balcony picture "to kill the time while we wait", I started the mess, so I won't start another one, that's all.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: June 3, 2014 23:09

More than anything I believe The Stones people read these comments, and maybe the people in the band who the comments are about. The comments are hurtful and sometimes down right cruel. I think the insulting posts are designed to be hurtful and the poster is hoping that their mean spirited posts are read by the person they are insulting.

This is a great message board. I am happy I found it. I cannot afford to travel or attend more than one show when it comes to Philly, so I enjoy reading all the posts, pictures, and videos. But to read the hateful insulting cowardly posts always is a reminder of how twisted a small amount of humanity really is.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 3, 2014 23:12

It wasn't the Zürich update thread that was offending (or could be viewed as offending). It was the thread about a specific member of the Stones entourage. And the thread that followed after that thread was erased.

Date: June 3, 2014 23:24

Stoneage
It wasn't the Zürich update thread that was offending (or could be viewed as offending). It was the thread about a specific member of the Stones entourage. And the thread that followed after that thread was erased.

Exactly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 13:24 by EddieByword.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: June 3, 2014 23:38

Keep it clean people:

I have to admit, I've never actually read the wall until now.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 3, 2014 23:53

Green Lady
Bastion
Green Lady
shattered1978
Thank you BV.

Yes, it was a mess - mostly born out of frustration because there was no setlist to report. As the person who posted the original balcony picture "to kill the time while we wait", I started the mess, so I won't start another one, that's all.

I agree, no insulting - but, a bit of fun we can have. That is what creates funny threads. It doesn't have to boring serious all the time. smileys with beer Just an advice, don't take all postings to seriously - specially on a friday / saturday nights.

Date: June 4, 2014 00:02

I would say you may post almost anything here on IORR, but when after 53 years, and after hundreds of concerts, people still think Mick and Keith would change the number of songs they play, or stop playing Satisfaction and JJF, then I wonder why. Like is the earth flat? Or pigs can fly? I do know it is boring to0 wait for twitter feeds and info about news songs, but sooner or later there will be something slightly on topic to comment on. Patience!

Bjornulf

Date: June 4, 2014 00:11

bv
I would say you may post almost anything here on IORR, but when after 53 years, and after hundreds of concerts, people still think Mick and Keith would change the number of songs they play, or stop playing Satisfaction and JJF, then I wonder why. Like is the earth flat? Or pigs can fly? I do know it is boring to0 wait for twitter feeds and info about news songs, but sooner or later there will be something slightly on topic to comment on. Patience!

Hi bv, it's not that it's boring usually, that's why people who can't go to the show tune in to the updates, it's just that on Sunday the twitter feeds apparently stopped after the 3rd song and nobody knew why or what was going on....so the usual format of 'hearing' what was being played every 3-4 minutes and commenting on that deteriorated in the confusion and it was Ron's birthday so comments about that got thrown in the mix as well. I don't think anyone meant any harm.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-04 00:15 by EddieByword.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 4, 2014 00:11

mtaylor
I agree, no insulting - but, a bit of fun we can have. That is what creates funny threads. It doesn't have to boring serious all the time. smileys with beer Just an advice, don't take all postings to seriously - specially on a friday / saturday nights.

This is rich coming from someone who trolled the board with that 'I just met Mick Taylor in London' crap. The whole purpose of the live update threads is to provide, you know, accurate information about concerts for people who can't be there. What you did was unfunny and childish.

Date: June 4, 2014 00:15

Stoneburst
mtaylor

This is rich coming from someone who trolled the board with that 'I just met Mick Taylor in London' crap. The whole purpose of the live update threads is to provide, you know, accurate information about concerts for people who can't be there. What you did was unfunny and childish.

Very true.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 4, 2014 00:20

Bastion
Stoneburst
mtaylor

Very true.
Very sad. Had it been true, it would have been on the news and not only on an IORR thread. Live has to be serious. Good night and sleep well.

Date: June 4, 2014 00:22

mtaylor
Had it been true, it would have been on the news

It most definitely wouldn't have.

Date: June 4, 2014 00:24

mtaylor
Green Lady
Bastion
Green Lady
shattered1978
Thank you BV.

One for mtaylor thumbs up and one for Green Lady thumbs up

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home