Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 25
Re: Lisbon 29 May 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: May 30, 2014 08:12

I was just looking at how many people will be at some of the shows,100,000,80,000,75,000 confirmed.

when you that many people at the show surly 19 songs is not enough.

when i went to the macau concert I wish they would have played longer or even had a good support band before the stones.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: May 30, 2014 08:22

Wow. That's why I avoid festivals. No way home at 2:00 am?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 30, 2014 08:51

Just woke up. They did the TD with Springsteen AGAIN?!?!?!?
Videos PLEASE!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: May 30, 2014 08:54

[youtu.be]

Oh God I would've loved to be there!

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:00

hirschjaeger
i see Stones do not learn, set list is boring, please Change on every Show about 10 Songs take from forty licks or the grrr set box many thanks i dont want to spent Money for the same 18 Songs live i know them most since 1982 or 1990 whe is 2000 light years from home or tell me and so on

How many people do you think that attended this show also attended the Olso show? Why would they change 10 songs if they play to almost a crowd consisting of 99% new people, just so that we can read a different name on the setlist on this forum?

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:23

I'm miffed now. angry smiley At the first O2 show in London, we didn't get Satisfaction because the tube/subway was about to close for the night--and I ended up getting stranded anyway, because the connecting trains had already stopped. So I'd rather have just had Satisfaction!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:24

ironbelly
Just get home from the concert.

Unusually cold and windy Weather is my only complain.

Need some sleep now.

Is this why Keith is wearing a warmer jacket?

[www.jambase.com]

OOPS! This video is from 2012 - but at least we got the full setlist.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 09:34 by Green Lady.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:36

Green Lady
ironbelly
Just get home from the concert.

Unusually cold and windy Weather is my only complain.

Need some sleep now.

Is this why Keith is wearing warmer jacket

Probably but if we all say how nice he looks perhaps he might do it again .....

Date: May 30, 2014 09:42

hirschjaeger
i see Stones do not learn, set list is boring, please Change on every Show about 10 Songs take from forty licks or the grrr set box many thanks i dont want to spent Money for the same 18 Songs live i know them most since 1982 or 1990 whe is 2000 light years from home or tell me and so on

19 songs. And this setlist is different from the Oslo setlist. They didn't play Live With Me, Respectable, Out of Control or Wild Horses in Oslo. confused smiley

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: May 30, 2014 09:58

Oh, yes setlists moaners, you' re absolutely "right"...

In 1978 and 1981 the Stones were playing 4 different songs on their entire tour(s), now we have 4 different songs on the second gig of the tour and you say the same bullshit...

Oh, yes, you're "right".. In the last dacades we are listening on every gig songs like "Out Of Control", "Can't Be Seen", "Doom & Gloom", "Respectable", "Live With Me", "Worried About You", "You Got The Silver", etc.

And i suppose, considering the fact that we have Youtube now, the Stones have to consider all the humanity as every gig's crowd. "Why the hell do they perform You Got The Silver in Lisboa? They played it on Oslo gig. The clips i have attended from Oslo show were clear enough, so i don't need another YGTS performance. So boring...".

I apologize for my "aggressiveness", but i think the setlist moaning became a bit rediculous, here...

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 30, 2014 10:00

Official Setlist from [Twitter.com] :

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: May 30, 2014 10:00

laertisflash

In 1978 and 1981 the Stones were playing 4 different songs on their entire tour(s), now we have 4 different songs on the second gig of the tour and you say the same bullshit...

Oh, yes, you're "right".. In the last dacades we are listening on every gig songs like "Out Of Control", "Can't Be Seen", "Doom & Gloom", "Respectable", "Live With Me", "Worried About You", "You Got The Silver", etc.

And i suppose, considering the fact that we have Youtube now, the Stones have to consider all the humanity as every gig's crowd. "Why the hell do they perform You Got The Silver in Lisboa? They played it on Oslo gig. The clips i have attended from Oslo show were clear enough, so i don't need another YGTS performance. So boring...".

I apologize for my "aggressiveness", but i think the setlist moaning became a bit rediculous, here...

+1

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 30, 2014 10:14

laertisflash

well said!

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 30, 2014 10:16

Two shows in Perth Arena in Nov, 3 days apart. I wonder how varied those 2 gigs will be???
Looks like from Keith's 2 numbers on, not much hope!

And NOT that I am complaining. To see The Stones AT ALL in Australia at this stage of their career, let alone IN my home town in an Arena, for 2 shows????

....woo hooo!!

Date: May 30, 2014 10:24

Any reports about the Taylor bow playlist? grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: May 30, 2014 10:41

So 19 songs after all, good, but boy was it confusing the way it unfolded! Nice to see them mixing it up a bit at the front end. All good points laertisflash but it's a bit hard to take the "setlist complaints" seriously at this point in the game, it's little more than "trolling" honestly so I don't even think it's worth wasting time commenting on them...

Looking forward to some vids and reviews!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 11:20 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:05

Irix

Really good setlist in my opinion - seems like Midnight Rambler replaces Paint It Black for a while. A good decision! ;-)

Date: May 30, 2014 11:09

Kaisan
Irix

Really good setlist in my opinion - seems like Midnight Rambler replaces Paint It Black for a while. A good decision! ;-)

Flames at the beginning of JJF... last I recall they had thia at HP2 for Scarf Me Up.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:10

JumpingKentFlash
[youtu.be]

Oh God I would've loved to be there!

I'm glad I wasn't, certainly don't need to see or hear Springclean f**k up a perfectly good Stones song again !! Once in Newark was bad enough, twice would have been truly unbearable ...........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:34

flacnvinyl
Bill Wyman on stage for Start Me Up!
#FlashpointJoke
Finaly no Bill on stage
Neither the other people I forgot the name (who is she ?)

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:48

laertisflash

You forget one thing, in 1978 virtually the whole set was brand new to everyone, (and even Tumbling dice, Brown sugar and JJF were less than 10 years old), same in 1981, they basically toured 2 new albums (Emotional rescue and Tattoo you + (the live Some girls stuff in Europe'82 was new to us then too)) and a load of unplayed stuff like 20 flight rock, Chantilly lace, Going to a go-go etc........ so every show was a revelation,
The only 'new' thing last night was Out of control; (Can't be seen is rarely played so fine but Coming down again is the elephant in the bedroom - voted on here before as the one Keith song that has been missed)
Wild horses and Live with me have been done to death over the years. Respectable is a sad shadow of what it was in '78, best to leave it sleep.
And, for better or worse, yes there is youtube and iorr - Tell me, in 1982 I didn't even know where they played the night before let alone the setlist......so..........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-30 12:30 by EddieByword.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:50

One video founded!!
Carlitos
Tenerife
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: maumau ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:53

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: May 30, 2014 11:57

Here it is in full (sorry Pauly - just shut your ears!)

Posted by: Stonesfan2146 ()
Date: May 30, 2014 12:07

Date: May 30, 2014 12:09

thumbs up

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 30, 2014 12:16

Green Lady
Here it is in full (sorry Pauly - just shut your ears!)

Really cool to see Bruce with the Stones on one stage again - hope that there are some special guests on Pinkpop too (Joe Bonamassa, John Mayer)!

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: May 30, 2014 12:18

Satisfaction & final bow (yes MT left again tongue sticking out smiley)
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: May 30, 2014 12:24

It was a fantastic show in Lisbon last night. The guitars were LOUD and Keith was clearly on very good form, playing better than he has done since the Licks Tour. He seemed happy, confident and in control, stalking the stage during JJF and interacting warmly with Mick and the rest of the band. Mick was superb - he is singing better than ever on this tour and he really seems to be giving every song his all. Great set list as well - in particular, Out of Control was fantastic and was really well received by the Lisbon crowd. "Can't be seen" was also a great new addition and Keith really seemed to be enjoying himself. I have seen the Stones more than 35 times all over th world and would definitely rate that gig in the top 10 of shows I have seen, and perhaps even the top 5.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 30, 2014 12:27

Kaisan
Irix

Nah, don't like it! Wrong font, no key, tempo or details like in the Good 'ol days! Change it!

TE
Oslo

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1415161718192021222324...LastNext
Current Page: 19 of 25

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home