Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14
Re: Why no Mick Taylor in final bow?
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:09

gotdablouse
So longtime member "mtaylor" posted in the Zurich thread that he had seen Taylor in London today...can't see why he would make it up it maybe his account had been hacked and bv posted a few messages below, so...going from to worse it seems :-(

Well, we'll find out shortly. I can't see why he'd make it up either. DPM said it was a false rumour, but didn't say how he knew.

Posted by: Testify ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:21

I think that's why they play the same setlist that is to make new songs takes a long time to try them!

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:29

PhillyFAN
Chacal
Disaster ? A slip ? A bum note ?

None of this makes any sense at all.
I was at this show in San Jose where Taylor added a solo to Satisfaction for the first time and it made the song sound better. There was nothing wrong with it, quite the opposite.

Someone must have decided he was not supposed to step out of the shadows, or something.

In the yt video you can actually see KR point at MT to take the solo, and it really was a great solo. Especially for being spontaneous. Letting MT loose to play would probably take the spotlight for most of the concert. Maybe letting him play on the encore songs could not hurt.

That's exactly how I remember it, a great solo.
And where I was standing in the crowd, the response was very positive, people went like: 'wow' and they were applauding/cheering.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 22:35 by Chacal.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:30

Stoneburst
gotdablouse
So longtime member "mtaylor" posted in the Zurich thread that he had seen Taylor in London today...can't see why he would make it up it maybe his account had been hacked and bv posted a few messages below, so...going from to worse it seems :-(

Well, we'll find out shortly. I can't see why he'd make it up either. DPM said it was a false rumour, but didn't say how he knew.

Well...and someone saying he saw Taylor in London is not exactly a "rumour" is it? Either it's a fabrication or it's a mistake...or Taylor had to make a quick dash to London for some reason and is now back in Zurich.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:32

TAYLOR IS THERE!

[instagram.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:34

So maybe a quick dash to London today then, hopefully "mtaylor" will give more details at some point...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: June 1, 2014 22:45

gotdablouse
Well...and someone saying he saw Taylor in London is not exactly a "rumour" is it? Either it's a fabrication or it's a mistake...or Taylor had to make a quick dash to London for some reason and is now back in Zurich.

You can rule out the third option.

'mtaylor' reported that sighting at 17:19 which is 16:19 CET and made it sound like it had just happened.
It would be impossible for Taylor to get to Zürich that quickly and still be in time for make-up and styling.

Date: June 1, 2014 22:50

Chacal
gotdablouse

'mtaylor' reported that sighting at 17:19 which is 16:19 CET and made it sound like it had just happened.
It would be impossible for Taylor to get to Zürich that quickly and still be in time for make-up and styling.

mtaylor is ignoring anyone who asks.

Posted by: moonlightaffair ()
Date: June 1, 2014 22:50

Thank goodness! Glad it was rumor and not truth!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 22:58 by moonlightaffair.

Date: June 1, 2014 22:54

Bastion

We should assume good faith on his part. He provided neither a timescale nor a location, and indeed was completely vague in all respects, but I'm sure there are all sorts of explicating factors we're not thinking of.

Date: June 1, 2014 22:57

'mtaylor' reported he had just met Mick Taylor in London.
What is vague about that ?

If he (or she) wasn't sure, he should have made that clear - or not said anything at all.

Date: June 1, 2014 23:00

In the sense that he didn't say where or precisely when in London, didn't provide a context nor say whether he'd talked to him or not. I agree it's annoying and has classic trolling hallmarks, but let him explain.

Date: June 1, 2014 23:04

We're all waiting, aren't we...

Posted by: LuxuryStones ()
Date: June 1, 2014 23:07

DandelionPowderman
LuxuryStones
DandelionPowderman

I think they avoid those songs because they don't sound very good when they play them. I heard that myself on the rehearsals. Sway was shaky and CYHMK was even worse. Jagger won't allow that kind of hit and miss.

Great to hear you were at the rehearsalsthumbs up
Was the quality of the music not good enough cause of Keith or Taylor, or was it the entire band ? Maybe you can post something more detailed about it here - you are a musician yourself.

I have posted it, though smiling smiley

They had to re-start CYHMK three times because of Keith. He couldn't get the riff before they are taking it down in the middle of the song right. Taylor played a beautiful solo, almost a blueprint of his Glasto-solo.

That said, with Sway it's more the band performance that just isn't swinging, imo.

To clarify, I was outside listening to the rehearsals. They kept the windows open, so the sound was crystal clear smiling smiley

One of the highlights was Taylor and Charlie's You Gotta Move-jam.

Ok, thanks.thumbs up

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: June 1, 2014 23:07

Bastion
Chacal
gotdablouse

Good to be here, good to be everywhere :-)) London, Lisbon, Zürich - who cares... all great places to be.
I guess I was just so over exited about my new job in London, that my fellow Mick Taylor was so in my thoughts during my move to London this morning.... that I actually saw him smileys with beer what a dream to come through to actually come to live and work in London, that's great - congrat to myself.

Date: June 1, 2014 23:12

I hope your ego is satisfied then.

How childish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 23:25 by Bastion.

Date: June 1, 2014 23:33

Something tells me this is not the best time to congratulate yourself.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: June 1, 2014 23:39

Redhotcarpet
smokeydusky
Hijack alert:

Chacal

So, Chacal, what's up with the touchy-feely Midnight Rambler?

Thats what cats do when they lick dogs. They are not affectionate, they dominate. Jagger tells Taylor to stop. smoking smiley

That's along the lines of what it seemed to me - dominance.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 23:42 by swiss.

Date: June 1, 2014 23:44

Chacal
PhillyFAN
Chacal

I was at this show in San Jose where Taylor added a solo to Satisfaction for the first time and it made the song sound better. There was nothing wrong with it, quite the opposite.

Someone must have decided he was not supposed to step out of the shadows, or something.

In the yt video you can actually see KR point at MT to take the solo, and it really was a great solo. Especially for being spontaneous. Letting MT loose to play would probably take the spotlight for most of the concert. Maybe letting him play on the encore songs could not hurt.

That's exactly how I remember it, a great solo.
And where I was standing in the crowd, the response was very positive, people went like: 'wow' and they were applauding/cheering.

I don't think you two are talking about the same show. The others shows with Taylor on electric featured him on great form, as well as with playing that didn't draw attraction from the song nor the vocals.

The video I'm talking about, however, did.

As Taylor fans you gotta know this: He is so fluent and together that his phrasing rarely is even remotely off. This time he was out of key, too loud and out there. That's why many here on this board called it "sabotage", manipulation, faux and other things.

Being off is in both Keith's and Ronnie's musical vocabulary, so that kind of musical comparison would be silly smiling smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: June 1, 2014 23:54

PhillyFAN
Chacal
DandelionPowderman
Stoneburst
DandelionPowderman
I think Taylor's one slip on electric (the infamous over-playing video) was the reason for switching to acoustic on Satisfaction. I hope it's not true, but unfortunately I think it is...

Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad - definitely not his best live work but not the disaster a lot of people here seemed to think it was either. That said: what was the chronology involved? My memory is that he first played acoustic on Satisfaction during the final dates of the US tour. Which was the 'overplaying' show? Did he start playing acoustic immediately after that?

I think he switched immediately after that, and yes, it was bad. The funny thing with that video is that Taylor was so loud compared with the rest of the band. It was grotesque, but I'm pretty sure the live mix wasn't like that for the audience.

Something was weird indeed, because Taylor rarely hits one bum note during an entire show.

Exactly THIS is one of the main reasons I did quit: some people mistreat the truth or are too easy with it, almost producing lies, saying important things without checking anything, like Dandelion Powderman did when he said (quote): "I think he [Taylor] switched immediately after that [from electric to acoustic guitar] , and yes, it was bad." See also up here.

But that so called 'bad' Satisfaction guitar by Taylor took place at show # 2 in Chicago, May 31, see this thread:
[www.iorr.org]
See the video called 'MT's direct Sound' which DP called "Unlistenable". And now he suggests as if that was the reason why Taylor got the acoustic guitar immediately the next show. But Taylor played the acoustic guitar for the first time in Washington on June 24, see this video (and the comments by some viewers):

So Taylor played electric guitar for 7 (read: seven) more shows after that so called "unlistenable" guitar part on Satisfaction before switching to acoustic, I checked them all seven by watching the videos.

When you state important things you have to check the facts first. Framing the truth is a bad thing and unreadable.

Well, I couldn't resist saying this. Now I'm off again.

Date: June 2, 2014 00:00

Well, kleerie (welcome back, btw), I stand corrected.

But I didn't state it as a fact. I said "I think". If you couldn't stand me thinking wrongly, you wouldn't have put up with me all these years, would you smileys with beer

This version is a mess compared to the others. At least we should agree on that.

Date: June 2, 2014 00:17

DandelionPowderman

But I didn't state it as a fact. I said "I think". If you couldn't stand me thinking wrongly, you wouldn't have put up with me all these years, would you smileys with beer

This version is a mess compared to the others. At least we should agree on that.

Suggesting such an important thing while being an important member of this board, an authority for many, without checking the facts and even being far behind the truth is a very tricky thing. Were it one or two shows, well okay, but SEVEN! Besides it annoyed me immensely that you questioned Taylor playing bass on Shine A Light. You KNOW he does, YOU can hear it just like me and you can see it in the old, original 1972 double vinyl album's sleeve, on which the credits are correct (another band in those days as we all know).

Of course you may find this playing by Taylor on Satisfaction a mess, I don't have any problem with opinions as you know. But the video got ten thumbs up and not even one thumb down, so opinions differ. Besides you hear it out of its context and it isn't all that bad imo. Anyway, I'm not back, but as I said I couldn't resist to correct this wrong suggestion, especially because this topic (the truncating of Taylor) is one of the most interesting and important ones concerning the band and this tour.

Date: June 2, 2014 00:24

You believe all the credits are correct on Exile??? I wonder what Bill Wyman thinks of that smiling smiley

I never said he didn't play bass on SAL, I was merely asking the question - as other sources credit Bill (like timeisonourside.com).

You shouldn't take it so hard. We all make mistakes.

Date: June 2, 2014 00:25

kleermaker
Exactly THIS is one of the main reasons I did quit: some people mistreat the truth or are too easy with it, almost producing lies, saying important things without checking anything, like Dandelion Powderman did when he said (quote): "I think he [Taylor] switched immediately after that [from electric to acoustic guitar] , and yes, it was bad." See also up here.

But that so called 'bad' Satisfaction guitar by Taylor took place at show # 2 in Chicago, May 31, see this thread:
[www.iorr.org]
See the video called 'MT's direct Sound' which DP called "Unlistenable". And now he suggests as if that was the reason why Taylor got the acoustic guitar immediately the next show. But Taylor played the acoustic guitar for the first time in Washington on June 24, see this video (and the comments by some viewers):

So Taylor played electric guitar for 7 (read: seven) more shows after that so called "unlistenable" guitar part on Satisfaction before switching to acoustic, I checked them all seven by watching the videos.

When you state important things you have to check the facts first. Framing the truth is a bad thing and unreadable.

Well, I couldn't resist saying this. Now I'm off again.

Thanks, Kleerie. This is pretty much how I remembered it. So, no, that Satisfaction was not the reason for him switching to acoustic. Also, for what it's worth, that 'MT's direct sound' video is not how the live mix sounded at all, as various other YouTube videos of the same performance prove:

Likewise, to judge by Ronnie's reaction (and that of the others) towards Taylor on stage, it isn't what they were getting through the monitors either. The video that became infamous on this board was the uploader's own mix, the reasons for which I can only guess at.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 2, 2014 00:32

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

Suggesting such an important thing while being an important member of this board, an authority for many, without checking the facts and even being far behind the truth is a very tricky thing. Were it one or two shows, well okay, but SEVEN! Besides it annoyed me immensely that you questioned Taylor playing bass on Shine A Light. You KNOW he does, YOU can hear it just like me and you can see it in the old, original 1972 double vinyl album's sleeve, on which the credits are correct (another band in those days as we all know).

Of course you may find this playing by Taylor on Satisfaction a mess, I don't have any problem with opinions as you know. But the video got ten thumbs up and not even one thumb down, so opinions differ. Besides you hear it out of its context and it isn't all that bad imo. Anyway, I'm not back, but as I said I couldn't resist to correct this wrong suggestion, especially because this topic (the truncating of Taylor) is one of the most interesting and important ones concerning the band and this tour.

Don't exaggerate: he said 'welcome back', 'I stand corrected' and 'But I didn't state it as a fact. I said "I think".'
If you want to act like a drama queen there are others in this thread that deserve your attention for spreading lies deliberately using this thread just to attack MJ: more about that tomorrow btw...

Date: June 2, 2014 00:35

DandelionPowderman
You believe all the credits are correct on Exile??? I wonder what Bill Wyman thinks of that smiling smiley

I never said he didn't play bass on SAL, I was merely asking the question - as other sources credit Bill (like timeisonourside.com).

You shouldn't take it so hard. We all make mistakes.

Well, you never make those mistakes concerning Jagger, let alone Richards. At least, I never read them. Besides if you really are a musician and a Stones pundit you don't even need that credit because then you can judge it yourself easily (even I can). But okay, end of this discussion. It's all right now, in fact it's a gas. But I'm really out now. I've already talked too much. My bad.

Posted by: Captainchaos ()
Date: June 2, 2014 00:36

It's the implication, and backing it up with a groundless 'fact' that unless someone takes the trouble to watch all the Satisfaction performances is hard to question. that kinda thing is misleading when done in a heavyt handed way

MIck Taylor and band final bow
Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: June 15, 2014 15:04

Taylor not taking the final bow with the band on this leg... I don't mean to stir things but maybe he is not happy,

Re: MIck Taylor and band final bow
Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: June 15, 2014 15:17

He even signed some autographs when he arrived in vienna yesterday... he seems to be very happy at the moment cool smiley

Re: MIck Taylor and band final bow
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: June 15, 2014 15:19

simply put: he's not a member of the core of the band

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 13 of 14

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1778
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home