Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Stone Alone book - big disappointment
Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:05

2000 LYFH
CaptainCorella
Athena
Sounds like writing books not Bill's forte. smoking smiley

I wonder. How many books have YOU written?

Bill has done quite a few. From memory...Stone Alone, Rolling With The Stones, Stones' Cartoons, Chagall (2 versions), Blues Odyssey, plus several non-trivial books on archeology in the UK.

By any rational measure that's a good score.

Right on Captain, couldn't agree more and he also managed to play his bass for 30 years in a pretty good band!

And, not forgetting The Rhythm Kings - a band that's always worth seeing when they perform near where you live! They have been touring regularly since (late) 1997.

Re: The Stone Alone book - big disappointment
Posted by: bmuseed ()
Date: June 6, 2014 21:31

I liked Bill a lot! Besides being with him on four tours, we socialized. Astrid my wife at the time, he and I stayed at his castle in Kent. While others dallied he was out buying antique carpets and things of value, not pissing it away on drugs... As for him being a guy--what guy wouldn't want and take advantage of girls throwing themselves at you? Bill was smart.
As to the obvious errors in his memory that I see mentioned here. I doubt he was being malicious.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1801
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home