Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 61
Re: OT: World Cup 2014
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:00

in other news....Portugal is going, going, Ghana!!

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:08

Koen
Ok, I understand now. Actually, I think we're having a salad for dinner today smoking smiley

And I'll have some steak and a nice glass of wine with it >grinning smiley<

Posted by: varilla ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:10

treaclefingers
Stoneage
varilla
Stoneage
varilla
Where are you from Stoneage?

I'm from Sweden, Varilla. Look, I just think biting is out of the order on a football pitch. Like I'm sure most people do. In your comment you downplayed the danger with it. That's why I made my comment. I'm sure you're a sound and good guy otherwise. It was just that statement I repelled. I hope you have changed your opinion on this matter. But I can't force you to do so. Take care. By the way, which country are you from?

I´m not putting into consideration if we /me/you are god guys or not. I feel great empathize for everyone in this forum because of our passion for the Stones. People here do the most weird things in their following of the band, etc. Uruguayans like me, and like Suarez, do the same for football

Me, like all uruguayans, have this giant passion for our national sport, just like you and me have for the Stones. Probably very difficult to understand for a Nordic. I can tell. I personally have great Nordic friends and i know your ways.We are just different.This not make better one or another. I can tell that this biting, while not right, is much more harmless than other actions very dangerous between colleagues.
Suarez plays like a fan, that´s why we love him. He can make mistakes, but he gives it all...
Come on, we are talking about FOOTBALL in this thread not petty morals.
He is a transgresor, just like the Stones once were. Great courage.
On the other hand i can tell he is a consummatte pro, very low profile off the field, wife and two little kids, living quietly, and making lots of good actions besides the sport.
Fifa just killed him. 9 games, 4 months, cannot even get into a stadium anywhere in the worl, kind of criminal...

I'm afraid your reasoning doesn't make sense to me at all, Varilla. I can't see how any team would benefit by having a vampire in their team in the long run. Good luck in the 1/8-finals anyway.

If you were walking down the street and someone jumped on your shoulder and bit you, that would be criminal behaviour (provided they couldn't prove he was a lunatic).

So yes, in your own words, kind of criminal...

Chiellini was not walking in a street. He was playing, against Suarez, a final in a WORLD CUP. VERY different.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: June 26, 2014 21:11

Ronaldo didn't show us the best football ever in this Wolrd Cup.

HMN

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 26, 2014 22:47

OK... Hard to feel like celebrating after today's loss and Sunday's tie (that really felt like a loss) but, since the order of the results doesn't matter in this stage of the Cup, I guess happiness is an OK feeling for me right now!

Go USA!! 1st time ever to make two "Sweet 16's" in a row! If I'm understanding the tournament set-up correctly, if Belgium wins or ties later today we play Belgium. If Belgium looses AND Algeria wins by enough goals, we play Algeria.

Hmm... I've got friends in Belgium and love that country. I've got no ties to Algeria. So, to use "band-wagon-fan" logic, since I don't want to have to root against Belgium on July 1st, I root for Korea today (Belgium has already made the sweet 16 anyway) and root for Algeria to win big today.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 26, 2014 22:53

Koen
Koen
Ok, I understand now. Actually, I think we're having a salad for dinner today smoking smiley

And I'll have some steak and a nice glass of wine with it >grinning smiley<

I wasn't jealous before, but now I'm wishing I could come over to your house for dinner! I'd even let you gloat about how correct you were in your prediction - as long as the quality of the Steak was good enough!

Hope you enjoy your full meal - and the rest of the tournament. Thanks again for the insight to check out the univision site!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 27, 2014 02:03

Congratulations to Belgium! Next game, beat the USA. L'union fait la force!

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: June 27, 2014 02:11

Mr DJA, it's nice to read your comments here! And it's nice to know you enjoy this sport that takes alot of passion to some of us.

Belgium didn't impressed me that much, so the USA has a chance in his next match, it will be all or nothing of course.

Date: June 27, 2014 04:46

Quique-stone
Mr DJA, it's nice to read your comments here! And it's nice to know you enjoy this sport that takes alot of passion to some of us.

Belgium didn't impressed me that much, so the USA has a chance in his next match, it will be all or nothing of course.

Yes, I think the US has a very good chance in the next match.

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: June 27, 2014 06:43

Yeah, the Red Devils don't impress much, 3 Wins, allowed 1 goal.

Dismiss Belgium at your own risk.

Semi Finalists, '86, Finalists, Euro Cup '80. They have a great tradition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 06:43 by BroomWagon.

Date: June 27, 2014 06:44

treaclefingers
in other news....Portugal is going, going, Ghana!!

LOL, Portugal did a lot to insure the USA advanced.

Date: June 27, 2014 14:34

BroomWagon
Yeah, the Red Devils don't impress much, 3 Wins, allowed 1 goal.

Dismiss Belgium at your own risk.

Semi Finalists, '86, Finalists, Euro Cup '80. They have a great tradition.

I neved dismissed Belgium or any other team!!!!
I still can remember the Semi Final of Mexico '86 against Argentina, great match, great goalkeeper and great team!

What I mean is the way the have played their 3 matches in the first WC round! I have read a lot possitive comments before the WC, so I expected a better play from Belgium.

Besides that Argentina also won the 3 games and didn't played well, a weak defence system, etc, etc.

That's all!

Good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 14:38 by Quique-stone.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 27, 2014 16:08

Wish Benteke was available for Belgium, anything's more potent than Lukaku

Back to Suarez, if its really acceptable for adults (never mind children!) to bite each other in Uruguay remind me never to visit

He's a grade A mental case and needs locking up before he totally flips. A disgrace to humanity and his country whose chance of winning he's just ruined

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 27, 2014 16:24

It looks like the German team,got the highway to the title of this World Cup ...

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: June 27, 2014 16:26

I like the look of the Germans

Date: June 27, 2014 16:33

Algeria Germany rematch. Algeria is quite a bit weaker on paper but they don't play the game on paper, they play it on grass.

Date: June 27, 2014 16:44

You posted a clip of Germany - Austria. Although Austria has a bunch of letters in common with Algeria, it is a very different country... smoking smiley

Date: June 27, 2014 16:50

Koen
You posted a clip of Germany - Austria. Although Austria has a bunch of letters in common with Algeria, it is a very different country... smoking smiley

You mean you don't know the history?

[www.sportsonearth.com]

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: June 27, 2014 16:51

there is revenge in the air !
maybe a big surprise ?

Date: June 27, 2014 16:52

jpasc95
there is revenge in the air !
maybe a big surprise ?

I don't know. But that was a bad thing that happened. Shameful.

Date: June 27, 2014 17:16

BroomWagon
Koen

You mean you don't know the history?

[www.sportsonearth.com]

No, I do remember that game. I just don't understand what that clip has to do with the upcoming match between Germany and Algeria, other than that they also played each other in 1982.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: June 27, 2014 17:35

varilla
treaclefingers
Stoneage
varilla
Stoneage
varilla
Where are you from Stoneage?

I'm from Sweden, Varilla. Look, I just think biting is out of the order on a football pitch. Like I'm sure most people do. In your comment you downplayed the danger with it. That's why I made my comment. I'm sure you're a sound and good guy otherwise. It was just that statement I repelled. I hope you have changed your opinion on this matter. But I can't force you to do so. Take care. By the way, which country are you from?

I´m not putting into consideration if we /me/you are god guys or not. I feel great empathize for everyone in this forum because of our passion for the Stones. People here do the most weird things in their following of the band, etc. Uruguayans like me, and like Suarez, do the same for football

Me, like all uruguayans, have this giant passion for our national sport, just like you and me have for the Stones. Probably very difficult to understand for a Nordic. I can tell. I personally have great Nordic friends and i know your ways.We are just different.This not make better one or another. I can tell that this biting, while not right, is much more harmless than other actions very dangerous between colleagues.
Suarez plays like a fan, that´s why we love him. He can make mistakes, but he gives it all...
Come on, we are talking about FOOTBALL in this thread not petty morals.
He is a transgresor, just like the Stones once were. Great courage.
On the other hand i can tell he is a consummatte pro, very low profile off the field, wife and two little kids, living quietly, and making lots of good actions besides the sport.
Fifa just killed him. 9 games, 4 months, cannot even get into a stadium anywhere in the worl, kind of criminal...

I'm afraid your reasoning doesn't make sense to me at all, Varilla. I can't see how any team would benefit by having a vampire in their team in the long run. Good luck in the 1/8-finals anyway.

If you were walking down the street and someone jumped on your shoulder and bit you, that would be criminal behaviour (provided they couldn't prove he was a lunatic).

So yes, in your own words, kind of criminal...

Chiellini was not walking in a street. He was playing, against Suarez, a final in a WORLD CUP. VERY different.

All the more reason to keep his teeth behind his lips. All the footballers there are showing the world how great football can be. Skill, passion and sportsmanship.
Who wants millions of children thinking that if they can't win the ball with skill or they don't get their own way or someone slights you in a very minor way then it's ok to bite your opponent?
Chiellini pushed past him but Suerez didn't respond with passion or sportmanship. He responded with the spoiled petulance of a child.
That's 3 times he's bitten someone like an animal in his bad temper on the pitch, he's lucky I don't run FIFA, he'd have been out for life and been charged by the police for assault.
I think Chiellini is generous in his comments to a fault.

This type of behaviour was allowed to escalate by the authorities in rugby in the UK a couple of years ago and it ended with a guy getting blinded.

Keep animals and advertising off the pitch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-28 03:31 by EddieByword.

Date: June 27, 2014 17:37

Even the Bild reports on 1982; so if one doesn't know the history, they are just ignoring what is being reported across in the media.

[www.bild.de]

Date: June 27, 2014 17:48

Some fan was shining a laser at the Russian Goalkeeper as well last night, that is intolerable and unacceptable. In a football-mad country like Brazil, it could have been anyone but that's really bad as well. I hope they catch the scoundrel who did it and we know who it was.

[larrybrownsports.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 17:49 by BroomWagon.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: June 27, 2014 18:57

Come On
It looks like the German team,got the highway to the title of this World Cup ...

Geh jungs. Jetz gehts los!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-27 20:21 by Silver Dagger.

Date: June 27, 2014 18:59

Quique-stone

I must admit that THIS THREAD at this site has made World Cup Soccer/Football even better than other years because of y'all's passion for not only the tournament but also the sport. While I can enjoy watching the games simply because the level of play is SO HIGH, I can only wish that I had access to all of the back-stories and history that y'all are so familiar with. Stuff like that adds a subtext to the matches that I miss out on. When I see people going back and forth about things that happend in previous decades and generations, I just smile and enjoy the banter. I can have those conversations in USA NBA, MLB, NFL & College Football & Basketball but definately not in international Soccer. So I've got to thank y'all for allowing me to exist somewhat on the edge your conversations. I may not be able to keep up but I am having fun "lurking"

I actually have fun with these big sporting events in sports that I don't follow. I'll watch the Major Tournaments in Golf & Tennis although I'll never watch a "regular" tournament in either sport. The Olympics are more fun than I should be allowed (considering how ignorant I am in regards to some of the sports!).

Thanks for the insight that the USA actually has a chance against Belgium. That's good to know. It's always mote fun to root for a win than just to hope we don't get embarassed! I'm already trying to line up my Saturday "honey-do" chore list to allow me to watch the games tomorrow... and we're not even playing!

With all apologies to my Belgian friends... GO USA!!!

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 27, 2014 19:11

mr_dja
Quique-stone

I must admit that THIS THREAD at this site has made World Cup Soccer/Football even better than other years because of y'all's passion for not only the tournament but also the sport. While I can enjoy watching the games simply because the level of play is SO HIGH, I can only wish that I had access to all of the back-stories and history that y'all are so familiar with. Stuff like that adds a subtext to the matches that I miss out on. When I see people going back and forth about things that happend in previous decades and generations, I just smile and enjoy the banter. I can have those conversations in USA NBA, MLB, NFL & College Football & Basketball but definately not in international Soccer. So I've got to thank y'all for allowing me to exist somewhat on the edge your conversations. I may not be able to keep up but I am having fun "lurking"

I actually have fun with these big sporting events in sports that I don't follow. I'll watch the Major Tournaments in Golf & Tennis although I'll never watch a "regular" tournament in either sport. The Olympics are more fun than I should be allowed (considering how ignorant I am in regards to some of the sports!).

Thanks for the insight that the USA actually has a chance against Belgium. That's good to know. It's always mote fun to root for a win than just to hope we don't get embarassed! I'm already trying to line up my Saturday "honey-do" chore list to allow me to watch the games tomorrow... and we're not even playing!

Peace,
Mr DJA

I think it's remarkable the number of 'tier 1' soccer countries that have already been eliminated.

I think this year, much more of a possibility than at any other time for a country that's never won the World Cup, to push through.

These are exciting days ahead!

Date: June 27, 2014 20:46

BroomWagon
Some fan was shining a laser at the Russian Goalkeeper as well last night, that is intolerable and unacceptable. In a football-mad country like Brazil, it could have been anyone but that's really bad as well. I hope they catch the scoundrel who did it and we know who it was.

[larrybrownsports.com]

Holy Crap! Is that picture real? How strong must that laser have been to be that viewable at what must have been some considerable distance. I won't deny trying to get any competitive advantage that I can within the rules but for a spectator to think that it would be acceptable for them to interfere? NO. I have no problem with making as much noise as possible but to try and inject yourself into the match itself, WRONG. Maybe it's not technicly "bad sprtsmanship" but, in my mind, it's definately "bad fanmanship".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 27, 2014 21:34

mr_dja
Quique-stone

Peace,
Mr DJA

thumbs up

Date: June 27, 2014 21:38

mr_dja
BroomWagon

[larrybrownsports.com]

Holy Crap! Is that picture real? How strong must that laser have been to be that viewable at what must have been some considerable distance. I won't deny trying to get any competitive advantage that I can within the rules but for a spectator to think that it would be acceptable for them to interfere? NO. I have no problem with making as much noise as possible but to try and inject yourself into the match itself, WRONG. Maybe it's not technicly "bad sprtsmanship" but, in my mind, it's definately "bad fanmanship".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Unfortunately it is no new! I can see it every weekend at all stadium!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2122232425262728293031...LastNext
Current Page: 26 of 61

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1486
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home