Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Bruce Springsteen this Friday (27th)
Posted by: Valeswood ()
Date: May 26, 2005 02:29

I have one spare ticket - see Ticket Trade

Re: Bruce Springsteen this Friday (27th)
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: May 26, 2005 03:56

saw him in Dublin last night

he was absolutely incredible

I'd love to take that ticket off you and fly over, but its a bit short notice!

Posted by: ratcub ()
Date: May 26, 2005 09:08

After his European tour - hope he comes back to the states for many more shows - saw him in Glendale (outside of Phoenix) Arizona on 30 April - I'd say he could "open" for the Stones and I'd be pleased with that lineup! Still has the voice and great stage songwriting ability!

Date: May 26, 2005 12:21

he will be announcing more US shows after this tour.

Glendale was a good show. I downloaded it from dimeadozen a couple of weeks back.

However, as of the last couple of weeks he has introduced an incredible 'new' cover version called "Dream baby dream" (by an early 80's band called Suicide) into the show as the closing number. I've never heard anything like it. It's absolutely mind blowing and worth the price of admission on its own.

Posted by: Wilco Schepen ()
Date: May 26, 2005 13:40

I'd say he could "open" for the Stones and I'd be pleased with that lineup! Still has the voice and great stage songwriting ability!

I don't think that will ever happen, although they have played together on a few occasions in the past. I'll be seeing Bruce in Brussels (next Monday), Berlin (6/12) and Rotterdam (6/19) and I'm really looking forward to that!

Wilco

Date: May 26, 2005 13:44

< don't think that will ever happen, although they have played together on a few occasions in the past>

When was that? I've only seen Mick and Keith playing with him separately...

Date: May 26, 2005 13:52

Springsteen has NEVER played on the same stage as the Stones (unless you count that Hall of Fame jam with about a thousand musicians in january 1989 including the two Micks, Keith & Woody)

as for "opening" a show. Not a chance in hell. Bruce always does his own show, without an opening act - and the idea of him opening for the Stones or anyone for that matter is quite frankly laughable.

Wilco - I hope you're taping those shows!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-05-26 13:53 by Gazza.

Date: May 26, 2005 13:58

That's what I meant, sorry. Wasn't that at some Hall of Fame induction or so?

Wilco

Date: May 26, 2005 14:34

Yes.

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: May 26, 2005 15:25

Got my tickets for Paris (June 20th) !!!!

Date: May 31, 2005 13:57

Saw Bruce yesterday in Brussels and met Peter de Vreese as well (how's the leg doing Peter?). Great night with Bruce doing new songs and old songs in a new way. Most funny part was Bruce describing being a father. Right now he's at stage 3 being a '@#$%&' idiot, while at stage 2 his children saw him as a benevolent idiot.

Before the show started I suddenly realised that this was the place where the Stones played one of their most well known shows, Brussels 1973 out on a zillion boots, and that gave me a special feeling. The venue was quite intimate, almost like a theatre. Great to be there!

Wilco

Date: May 31, 2005 14:15

What did you think of "Dream baby dream", Wilco?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1739
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home