Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Performance
Posted by: lady jane ()
Date: May 30, 2005 23:07

Does anyone know if there's any plans to release this on DVD. I've wanted to see it for years but have had a really hard time trying to find it.

Thanks for your help,
Cat

Re: Performance
Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: May 31, 2005 00:57

one of the best film ever... ned kelly the 7 of june at home in dvd, just to wait that gem

Posted by: Stranger ()
Date: May 31, 2005 02:43

Let me get this straight... With the term "gem" you just used, you couldn't possibly have been referring to Ned Kelly? Or were you, Shezeboss?
Performance is great but watching Ned Kelly was like not wanting to give up until something remotely interesting would happen. It never happened. The acting throughout the film is abysmal. I don't know why anyone thought Jagger could convincingly portray a rough and intimidating Australian bushranger.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: May 31, 2005 04:34

If you like the film (P) I'd recommend another Donald Cammell film, "White of the Eye" w/ similar themes, and the 1998 documentary "Donald Cammell: The Last Performance", made shortly after his suicide, which has Jagger and others interviewed.

Date: May 31, 2005 09:16

hello stranger, of course, to my mind, the gem is "performance" ! good day to you !

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: May 31, 2005 11:25

Performance is a very nice film to see. Its ridiculous ofcourse, but
the images of the bad acting of Jagger are just great. You can see all
that misplaced pretention in his acting, that works so well in concerts.
He puts on a great act, but it's not acting
However the all-time best Jagger movie is the video for "She's the boss".
Performance doesn't beat that one.

Date: May 31, 2005 13:48

running out of luck ? I suppose ? I love it .

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: May 31, 2005 14:36

Man "Performance" is one of the best BEST films from Britain. It sums up that late 60's King's Rd, glam, dope, paranioa. There is an excellent book by Colin Mccabe re "Performance". this film has an whole aura about it that goes beyond Jagger. It affected Fox in a lifechanging way. There are some really interesting rare outtakes of this film on actual 8 tape.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 847
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home