Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
How's Mick?
Posted by: Meise ()
Date: April 23, 2014 16:18

Are there any new how Mick's doing these days? When and where will rehearsals for the European Tour start?

Re: How's Mick?
Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: April 23, 2014 16:51

Do believe he's in Mustique with Karis. As for rehearsals, it's up to him. When he's ready, he's ready.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 16:54

Any new photo of Mick?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: April 23, 2014 18:04

Any new photo of Mick?
Seriously, right now I don't want to see any new pictures of Mick. No picture means he's being left in peace as he needs to be.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 23, 2014 18:06

Christ. Leave the man alone. Sometimes too much "concern" is unwelcome and unneeded.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 23, 2014 18:07

I can't imagine going through such a tragic loss and being ready to get back in a routine so soon. They are scheduled to resume concerts in May if I read their website correctly. That's right around the corner so they would have to start rehearsing soon just to get warmed up again. But everyone handles grief differently and maybe Mick will be eager to get back to his music as it may be therapeutic for him. And also since everyone knows about his loss, audiences will show him even more love and appreciation than ever, which should be good for his state of mind. I still feel so bad for him. I hope he'll get past this terrible tragedy and one day find another life partner who will make him feel loved and happy. There's plenty of women who would line up for that gig.

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 19:00

one thing i would like to come out of this tragedy is for the rolling stones band members to understand how short and serious life can be and to stop any petty fighting that some members have been guilty of in the past. losing someone close can make you realize what really is important and how stupid and pointless falling out with people is.

the stones can then come back strong again and get back to writing and recording music.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: April 23, 2014 20:36

well put buttons!!!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 23, 2014 21:07

Through the key years Jagger kept the band together...was the leader and manager BY DEFAULT.

Now it's time for the other Stones to support him in every way possible and
I have no doubt that they will.

If there's anything that makes Mick smile and brings out his best as a performer, it's knowing the core band is concentrating on the MUSIC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-23 21:11 by stonesrule.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 23, 2014 21:20

i think Mick is doing fine and he will turn a lot of heads in how resilent he is . really !!!!!!!!! i bet anyone would be hard pressed to notice anything out of place one iota . Mick is a consumate pro , once he hits the stage he will be the master frontman that he is known for .i do not expect any public on stage comment a-la when brian jones passed away and he read the poem at hyde park in 1969 .brian jones was the leader of the rolling stones untill his health became a issue .big difference .no disrespect

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: April 23, 2014 21:33

Their return next month will get a lot of attention, no doubt. Should be a wonderful rest of 2014 for them!!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: April 23, 2014 22:16

Give him a break. The tour start is Monday May 26 in Oslo.

Bjornulf

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 23, 2014 22:24

getting through it by working...still must be a tough time..

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:21

<<How's Mick?>>

I'm sure he's fine. How are you?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:26

BRAVO, BUTTONS! thumbs up I am glad that the papparazzi have not been snapping away...miserable bastards! Leave him alone! May 26 is a month away...he needs TIME to rest.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:32

Meise
Are there any new how Mick's doing these days? When and where will rehearsals for the European Tour start?

It's interesting how these type of questions are often followed by a question about when the band is playing again. So I wonder where's the real interest.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:56

when he hits that stage you'll get the exact same mick that you've come to know-the greatest frontman to ever live.

why?-because he's mick fcking jagger.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 06:13

Heartfelt prayers for you, Mick.

Take it one day at a time.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 24, 2014 06:21

He'll be safe ... Oslo crowd will wrap their coats around him ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 06:24

Will you be there?

[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-24 06:28 by Straycat13.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 24, 2014 06:46

buttons67
one thing i would like to come out of this tragedy is for the rolling stones band members to understand how short and serious life can be and to stop any petty fighting that some members have been guilty of in the past. losing someone close can make you realize what really is important and how stupid and pointless falling out with people is.

the stones can then come back strong again and get back to writing and recording music.

this is what I am thinking/hoping too.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: April 24, 2014 07:14

HonkeyTonkFlash
I can't imagine going through such a tragic loss and being ready to get back in a routine so soon. They are scheduled to resume concerts in May if I read their website correctly. That's right around the corner so they would have to start rehearsing soon just to get warmed up again. But everyone handles grief differently and maybe Mick will be eager to get back to his music as it may be therapeutic for him. And also since everyone knows about his loss, audiences will show him even more love and appreciation than ever, which should be good for his state of mind. I still feel so bad for him. I hope he'll get past this terrible tragedy and one day find another life partner who will make him feel loved and happy. There's plenty of women who would line up for that gig.

Soon? A couple of months will have passed till the first show. If you or I lost our spouse, we'd be lucky to get a week or two before we had to get back to the daily grind.

I have experienced loss of people close to me and I can tell you sitting around is the worst thing you can do. I think he'll be quite ready to wrap his mind around other things very soon.

Posted by: HonkeyTonkFlash ()
Date: April 24, 2014 12:37

<Soon? A couple of months will have passed till the first show. If you or I lost our spouse, we'd be lucky to get a week or two before we had to get back to the daily grind.>

Sadly, you are correct. Personally, if I lost my wife or one of my kids, I'd be a wreck and in no shape to work within two weeks. Our work culture here in the USA is too obsessed with the bottom line and very uncaring about the personal lives of employees. My God, a week or two would FLY by after such a loss. It just wouldn't be enough....at least for me.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 24, 2014 14:06

HonkeyTonkFlash
<Soon? A couple of months will have passed till the first show. If you or I lost our spouse, we'd be lucky to get a week or two before we had to get back to the daily grind.>

Sadly, you are correct. Personally, if I lost my wife or one of my kids, I'd be a wreck and in no shape to work within two weeks. Our work culture here in the USA is too obsessed with the bottom line and very uncaring about the personal lives of employees. My God, a week or two would FLY by after such a loss. It just wouldn't be enough....at least for me.

I took less than a week off after my Mom died, walked around a bit shell shocked at first, but the work did take my mind off the sadness. So work can be a blessing and I'm hoping, for his sake, that will be the case for Mick.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 24, 2014 15:46

My dad always said, having to raise us kids and work helped him get through my mom's death.

He has a friend now, who lost his wife a year or two ago. The guy is retired and his kids are grown and out of the house. Poor guy isn't doing well. Sadness and long days at the bar. He has asked my dad a few times how he did it. My dad replies with what I typed above.

I feel that there are healthy destractions, that help get thru/over ones death.

Posted by: Roadster32 ()
Date: April 24, 2014 15:51

bv
Give him a break.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 24, 2014 16:06

Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

Honestly, it is a complete hypocrisy to say that while holding a Stones tickets for the next month

Date: April 24, 2014 16:13

proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

Honestly, it is a complete hypocrisy to say that while holding a Stones tickets for the next month

Why can't we give him a break till he starts working again? Common sense.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 24, 2014 16:19

bv
Give him a break. The tour start is Monday May 26 in Oslo.

Yup in the meantime what happens is none of our biz. We just need to know that on May 26 the band will be here, and reasonably rehearsed. As for the rest (again) it's none of our biz.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 24, 2014 17:34

Yes leave him alone, let's not bother him with this thread. Im sure this thread affects him deeply.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1864
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home