Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: How's Mick?
Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 24, 2014 18:27

proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

Honestly, it is a complete hypocrisy to say that while holding a Stones tickets for the next month

And why would that be? confused smiley

Posted by: angee ()
Date: April 24, 2014 18:30

Koen
Meise
Are there any new how Mick's doing these days? When and where will rehearsals for the European Tour start?

It's interesting how these type of questions are often followed by a question about when the band is playing again. So I wonder where's the real interest.

I do think it's possible to be interested in both the welfare of the man, and when he/they will start playing again.
You do raise a good point though, about which interest might be primary, or how they might be tied together.

If it came out that he was never performing again, how many would be so interested in his health and welfare?
I contend some woulld be.

On lem's point, largely true,
He is such a pro, I figure if Mick thought two months off would give him time to recover enough, that's probably right.
You just never know though.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 24, 2014 19:26

Beast
proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

Honestly, it is a complete hypocrisy to say that while holding a Stones tickets for the next month

'cause everyone who bought tickets expected that Mick will be fit and able to deliver, preferably at his usual level, no matter what it would cost him. So all we, holders of the tickets don't give the man a break, quite the contrary.
And if someone on Fan forum asks about Miks' well-being and expresses sympathy - what's wrong with it?

Date: April 24, 2014 19:37

proudmary
Beast
proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

'cause everyone who bought tickets expected that Mick will be fit and able to deliver, preferably at his usual level, no matter what it would cost him. So all we, holders of the tickets don't give the man a break, quite the contrary.
And if someone on Fan forum asks about Miks' well-being and expresses sympathy - what's wrong with it?

Who is "everyone"? Not all ticket-holders can or wish to be included in such general assumptions. Not this one, anyway.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: April 24, 2014 19:51

Beast
proudmary
Beast
proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

Who is "everyone"? Not all ticket-holders can or wish to be included in such general assumptions. Not this one, anyway.

That's means that you do care about his welfare, like many others who'd go to Stones show
Then why we can't express our concerns at this forum?

Date: April 24, 2014 21:09

How's Mick? Mick is a Rolling Stone. Rolling Stones pick themselves up, dust themselves off, and roll on! Of course he will never be exactly the same again, but I doubt that we will notice much difference while he is on stage. I am certain he will thank all of the fans for their support and who knows, maybe he dedicates the rest of the 14 tour to the memory of L' Wren? Would be a nice tribute.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 24, 2014 22:55

As someone who lost a loved one through suicide, I would suggest just leaving Mick alone for. He'll talk when he feels up to it.

But make it his call.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 24, 2014 23:09

MILKYWAY
As someone who lost a loved one through suicide, I would suggest just leaving Mick alone for. He'll talk when he feels up to it.

But make it his call.

You've been in my thoughts throughout this, MILKYWAY. I hope time has made things a bit better for you and your family.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: April 24, 2014 23:15

latebloomer
MILKYWAY

But make it his call.

You've been in my thoughts throughout this, MILKYWAY. I hope time has made things a bit better for you and your family.

Thanks, latebloomer. I hope you and your family are well.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 24, 2014 23:26

MILKYWAY
latebloomer
MILKYWAY

But make it his call.

Thanks, latebloomer. I hope you and your family are well.

We are. Take care. smiling smiley

Date: April 25, 2014 02:51

proudmary
Beast
proudmary
Beast
proudmary
Roadster32
bv
Give him a break.

That's means that you do care about his welfare, like many others who'd go to Stones show
Then why we can't express our concerns at this forum?

Everyone is free to take or leave the rules around here, as they like, and concerns can always be expressed elsewhere, if need be.

Whatever, it is surely worth taking heed of words from people like MILKYWAY whose misfortune it is to have personal knowledge of such tragic events and their aftermath.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 25, 2014 05:18

Beast, thank you for those words.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 25, 2014 07:01

If Mick gets back on stage on May 26th, no one can ever complain about the cost of their tickets again, because he has paid the highest cost for our entertainment. Just sayin'

Date: April 25, 2014 07:05

Straycat13
If Mick gets back on stage on May 26th, no one can ever complain about the cost of their tickets again, because he has paid the highest cost for our entertainment. Just sayin'

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: steffiestones ()
Date: April 25, 2014 12:33

How's Mick?...stupid question!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 25, 2014 15:32

A voice says, "Hi, hello, how are you, well, I guess I'm doin' fine"
He says, "It's three a.m., there's too much noise don't you people ever wanna go to bed?

Mick Jagger 1965

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home