Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more - now with Axl Rose
Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: October 5, 2017 10:24

Brian Johnson is 70 today smileys with beer

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: October 5, 2017 15:31

Nice! Happy birthday to the great Brian Johnson.

Date: October 5, 2017 15:51

Special gift for a special day.
Do you know this one, Shot Down In Flames, Tokyo 1981, with this special Phil Rudd intro ?

[vocaroo.com]

Electric...

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 5, 2017 15:55

powerage78

I love Brian but I do not think we'll see him again on stage with AC/DC. I hope I'm wrong but the page is turned Imo.

Another evidence of "no Brian" is the way the guitars were tuned in ACDC. From 2008 on they were tuned to E flat and when Axl got the gig guitars were back to standard E.
Translation : Brian asked the guitars to be detuned (and all the songs to be played a semitone lower) cause it put less stress on his vocal chords.

I'm sure Angus was glad to see Axl had no problem with standard tuning : it gives the guitars an edge and aggression E flat tuning lacks.

Date: October 5, 2017 15:56

powerage78
Do you know this one, Shot Down In Flames, Tokyo 1981, with this special Phil Rudd intro ?

[vocaroo.com]

Electric...
Nice recording. Man, no one can make a stupid-simple 4/4 backbeat swing and groove like Phil Rudd. All in the hi-hat...the man is a magician.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-05 15:58 by keefriff99.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 5, 2017 17:56

didn't know that one, thanks for sharing,

(r&r damnation)

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 5, 2017 22:07

dcba
powerage78

I love Brian but I do not think we'll see him again on stage with AC/DC. I hope I'm wrong but the page is turned Imo.

Another evidence of "no Brian" is the way the guitars were tuned in ACDC. From 2008 on they were tuned to E flat and when Axl got the gig guitars were back to standard E.
Translation : Brian asked the guitars to be detuned (and all the songs to be played a semitone lower) cause it put less stress on his vocal chords.

I'm sure Angus was glad to see Axl had no problem with standard tuning : it gives the guitars an edge and aggression E flat tuning lacks.

I'm not a musician so I wasn't aware of this! Saw them on the Black Ice and Rock or Bust tours, bought both CD's as well as live DVD and the songs sounded the same to me, didn't seem like a lower key.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: October 6, 2017 01:06

powerage78

[vocaroo.com]

Electric...

Never heard it, excellent intro! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 6, 2017 01:22

powerage78

Congratulations and thank you!

Latest news:

Brian will be leadvocalist of LED ZEPPELIN on the next tour and Axl is singing with AC/DC ofcourse.

What's Robert Plant gonna do?

Date: October 6, 2017 01:24

DGA35
dcba
powerage78

I'm not a musician so I wasn't aware of this! Saw them on the Black Ice and Rock or Bust tours, bought both CD's as well as live DVD and the songs sounded the same to me, didn't seem like a lower key.
It's subtle but noticeable. It was definitely done to accommodate Brian's vocal limitations as he entered his 60s.

Date: October 6, 2017 06:21

keefriff99
DGA35
dcba
powerage78

It's subtle but noticeable. It was definitely done to accommodate Brian's vocal limitations as he entered his 60s.

brians voice though was also already lower than bon's or axl's even when he was new to he band

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-06 06:34 by keefriffhard4life.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 6, 2017 06:32

RipThisBone
powerage78

Congratulations and thank you!

Latest news:

Brian will be leadvocalist of LED ZEPPELIN on the next tour and Axl is singing with AC/DC ofcourse.

What's Robert Plant gonna do?

Sing for Guns'n'Roses!

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 6, 2017 08:21

thumbs up
smileys with beer

Date: October 6, 2017 14:31

Sydney 2015 with Brian, that was (still) so good...

[youtu.be]

Date: October 7, 2017 04:20

keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
DGA35
dcba
powerage78

brians voice though was also already lower than bon's or axl's even when he was new to he band
Well his natural speaking voice certainly is. I don't know how he screamed like that for over 30 years while smoking like a chimney.

When you listened to Bon talk, you could tell he had a naturally high voice, so his singing style was probably pretty natural-feeling to him, but Brian was practically putting his balls in a vice-grip to hit those screams.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 7, 2017 04:26

keefriff99
Brian was practically putting his balls in a vice-grip to hit those screams.

Lol yes...alot of times Brian looked like it was a painful struggle to sing the way he did.

Date: October 7, 2017 04:32

Lol, I love his natural speaking voice and that Geordie accent. I wish AC/DC had taken more advantage of his low voice and did more blues over the years.

Listen to this cover of John Lee Hooker's Boom Boom on a French radio station (I think during promotion for Ballbreaker in 1995):

[www.youtube.com]

Could have been killer if they'd recorded a whole hardcore blues record in that vain.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-07 05:11 by keefriff99.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: October 7, 2017 05:04

Geordie.

Date: October 7, 2017 05:11

geordiestone
Geordie.
I knew that! Lol, terrible mistype.

Date: October 7, 2017 06:31

keefriff99
keefriffhard4life
keefriff99
DGA35
dcba
powerage78

Well his natural speaking voice certainly is. I don't know how he screamed like that for over 30 years while smoking like a chimney.

When you listened to Bon talk, you could tell he had a naturally high voice, so his singing style was probably pretty natural-feeling to him, but Brian was practically putting his balls in a vice-grip to hit those screams.

exactly. he always had to use every ounce of his being to hit the notes in bon songs. the fact they eventually had to drop the tuning to songs isn't a shock

Date: October 10, 2017 18:23

Angus attended the show last night...great photo with Keith...

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 10, 2017 19:25

Great pic. Love it.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: October 11, 2017 12:29

keefriff99
Angus attended the show last night...great photo with Keith...

[www.facebook.com]

Great!
Thanks for sharing.

Date: October 11, 2017 12:33

No jam...
Maybe in Arnhem (but probably not).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: October 11, 2017 20:49

Someone posted this on facebook... smiling smiley

Date: October 12, 2017 16:45

Keith and Malcolm Young, best riff makers ever.
Look at this :
[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-10-12 16:46 by powerage78.

Date: October 12, 2017 17:10

Hairball
Someone posted this on facebook... smiling smiley

Norwegian folk singer Jan Eggum – who is who? winking smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 12, 2017 17:12

powerage78
Look at this :
[youtu.be]

Malcolm!
I'll never forget being there in person to see this in Toronto:

[youtu.be]

Date: October 12, 2017 17:15

Kurt
powerage78
Look at this :
[youtu.be]

Malcolm!
I'll never forget being there in person to see this in Toronto:

[youtu.be]
One of the coolest things as ever. I love how tiny Angus looks next to Keith, who's not that tall as it is. That guitar is just swimming on him.

Date: October 15, 2017 19:18

In french but just a great book

[acdclelivre.fr]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...7071727374757677787980...LastNext
Current Page: 75 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1809
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home