Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Japanese Bonustracks
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: April 10, 2014 14:48

I am making for myself a compilation album with the Japanese bonustracks of official Rolling Stones albums.
I was wondering if there are more tracks then these:

Stripped: Black Limousine (live 1995)
Bridges To Babylon: Angie (live tokyo 1995)
No Security: I Just Wanna Make Love To You (live Amsterdam 1998)
40 Licks: Sympathy for the Devil(Neptunes Remix)
Live Licks: If You Can´t Rock Me (live)
Shine a Light: Undercover (of the Night) (live)
Exile on Main Street (deluxe): All Down The Line (Alt. Take)
Some Girls (Deluxe): So Young (Piano Version)
Sweet Summer Sun: Happy / Bitch / All Down The Line / Beast Of Burden

Any help would be welcome.
Thnx!

Re: Japanese Bonustracks
Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:03

It looks like you've nailed it.
However, a special japanese collection also exists, which you could consider.
[www.stones.at]

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:08

Yes, there are a couple of tracks in 'fake stereo' on
Big Hits (High Tide & Green Grass) UK version [P33L 25016 or P25L 25039 or POCD-1919]
Through The Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol.2) UK version [P33L 25017 or P25L 25044 or POCD-1924]

Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow?
The Last Time
Not Fade Away
Come On
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
Get Off My Cloud
As Tears Go By
19th Nervous Breakdown
Little Red Rooster
on Big Hits

You Better Move On
on Through The Past, Darkly.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 16:22 by ironbelly.

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:12

What is the name of this 'Japanese special' CD?

(couldn't find anything on Google...)

Date: April 10, 2014 16:22

Ruskafarian
What is the name of this 'Japanese special' CD?

(couldn't find anything on Google...)

It´s not a release i made it myself for my own personal use winking smiley

Posted by: Toru A ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:25

I Wished
bonustrack of Pay Pack & Follow...kind of Stonessmiling smiley

Posted by: Ruskafarian ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:46

Thanks Mabru; I was referring to Blueranger's comment... smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2014 18:21

Ruskafarian
Thanks Mabru; I was referring to Blueranger's comment... smiling smiley
1990 - Another Side Of Steel Wheels (Japan Only, CBS 5116)

Rolling Stones
Another Side Of Steel Wheels (Japan only CD)
Year: 21 March 1990
Record Label: Rolling Stones Records
Distributed by: CBS/Sony
Catalogue #: CSCS 5116
Matrix: DPA-1049 1
On hub: CSR

Tracks:
1. Mixed Emotions (Re-Mix) 6:13
2. Rock And A Hard Place (Dance Mix) 6:55
3. Rock And A Hard Place (Oh-Oh Hard Dub Mix) 6:55
4. Rock And A Hard Place (Michael Brauer Mix) 7:05
5. Rock And A Hard Place (Bonus Beats Mix) 4:08
6. Fancy Man Blues 4:56
7. Cook Cook Blues 4:12

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:44

Mabru
I am making for myself a compilation album with the Japanese bonustracks of official Rolling Stones albums.

On CD? Please give details. Thanks.

Date: April 10, 2014 19:51

TooTough
Mabru

Happy was released on the normal cd version
And Bitch / All Down The Line / Beat of burden were released on a special bonus disc only avaliable in Japan

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: April 10, 2014 19:52

TooTough
Mabru

Happy was a bonus track on the Japanese Sweet Summer Sun, the other three are discussed here: [www.iorr.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 19:54 by Deltics.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:28

I remember seeing a special edition of 'Exile' with 3 live bonus tracks - Rocks Off, Happy and Tumbling Dice - from the '73 Australian tour. I think it was on Virgin Records and probably came out around the mid to late 90's. I haven't seen any copies for sale in quite a while. Was this a Japanese edition? Anyone know any more details?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 22:00 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:52

Thanks...I missed it somehow.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 10, 2014 22:05

TornAndFried

I remember seeing a special edition of 'Exile' with 3 live bonus tracks - Rocks Off, Happy and Tumbling Dice - from the '73 Australian tour. It was on Virgin Records and probably came out around the mid to late 90's. I haven't seen any copies for sale in quite a while. Was this a Japanese edition? Anyone know any more details?

I assume you mean this one: [www.discogs.com] . Unfortunately no japanese Edition - a unofficial russian from 2002 instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 22:15 by Irix.

Date: April 11, 2014 00:43

Irix
TornAndFried

I remember seeing a special edition of 'Exile' with 3 live bonus tracks - Rocks Off, Happy and Tumbling Dice - from the '73 Australian tour. It was on Virgin Records and probably came out around the mid to late 90's. I haven't seen any copies for sale in quite a while. Was this a Japanese edition? Anyone know any more details?

I assume you mean this one: [www.discogs.com] . Unfortunately no japanese Edition - a unofficial russian from 2002 instead.

Yes, that's it. I didn't realise that was an unofficial release from Russia. I thought it might either have been a special promo release, or from Japan. Do you have a copy? If so, how is the sound quality on the live tracks?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:01

doesn't the original Beggar's come with a special interview disc?

For completest's of course.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 11, 2014 10:55

TornAndFried

Do you have a copy? If so, how is the sound quality on the live tracks?

Unfortunately no, I don't have a copy. I never heard from this Bonus version and was just curious, so I took a look at discogs.com and voila - there was it.

A little review at [www.bootlegzone.com] as well as a small remark on a website for used items: "probably remastered, in comparison the sound is clearly structured".

Date: April 11, 2014 13:07

TornAndFried
That Exile is a part of Russian bootleg series. rogerriffin post a picture of those here [www.iorr.org]

They came around 2002 and were widely available in the former USSR. The 'strictly limited 500 copies' note is a shameful lie. I have a few of those but I can't say that I enjoy them a lot. They are nicely packed but no more than that. And for sure you should not pay $20-$40 for those on ebay.

Regarding sound quality - it is a mixed bag. I believe all original albums were re-EQ-zed and tweaked - normalized, compressed, volume-upped. They sound a bit harsh to me (at least WG London counterparts sound much better).

Bonus tracks usually came from needle drops (you can hear surface noise and pops) or from well known bootlegs like old VGP or TSP series. I do not think those guys had access to some 'unknown first generation master tape'. Or any king of master tapes at all. They were utilizing existing material + their 'creative approach' + audio editor software.

The note from [www.bootlegzone.com] review

The CD Maximum release is the best of the lot.
The mastering to CD is superb, and surpasses even the officially released Rolling Stones records CD.

This reviewer has several CD versions of Exile on Main St. but the CD Maximum is the best.

does not have anything to do with reality. The sound is harsh, loud, compressed and EQ-zed. If you are looking for 'warm analoguish sound' - stay away from CDM releases.

PS. There is a credit on a back cover [All Information From Private Collection By – Sergey Grigoryan]. That guy was/is kind of famous in Moscow collectors circles (apparently he is not active in past few years). Maybe guys from Russia can contact him directly and ask a couple of stupid questions.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 14:57 by ironbelly.

Date: April 11, 2014 23:27

thnx for all the info

How could I forget the Another Side Of Steel Wheels I have an orginal one in my own collection grinning smiley

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: April 12, 2014 00:48

Mabru
thnx for all the info

How could I forget the Another Side Of Steel Wheels I have an orginal one in my own collection grinning smiley

Me too, right beside Flashpoint+Collectiblesgrinning smileysmiling bouncing smiley

Date: April 12, 2014 09:05

ironbelly
TornAndFried
That Exile is a part of Russian bootleg series. rogerriffin post a picture of those here [www.iorr.org]

They came around 2002 and were widely available in the former USSR. The 'strictly limited 500 copies' note is a shameful lie. I have a few of those but I can't say that I enjoy them a lot. They are nicely packed but no more than that. And for sure you should not pay $20-$40 for those on ebay.

Regarding sound quality - it is a mixed bag. I believe all original albums were re-EQ-zed and tweaked - normalized, compressed, volume-upped. They sound a bit harsh to me (at least WG London counterparts sound much better).

Bonus tracks usually came from needle drops (you can hear surface noise and pops) or from well known bootlegs like old VGP or TSP series. I do not think those guys had access to some 'unknown first generation master tape'. Or any king of master tapes at all. They were utilizing existing material + their 'creative approach' + audio editor software.

The note from [www.bootlegzone.com] review

The CD Maximum release is the best of the lot.
The mastering to CD is superb, and surpasses even the officially released Rolling Stones records CD.

This reviewer has several CD versions of Exile on Main St. but the CD Maximum is the best.

does not have anything to do with reality. The sound is harsh, loud, compressed and EQ-zed. If you are looking for 'warm analoguish sound' - stay away from CDM releases.

PS. There is a credit on a back cover [All Information From Private Collection By – Sergey Grigoryan]. That guy was/is kind of famous in Moscow collectors circles (apparently he is not active in past few years). Maybe guys from Russia can contact him directly and ask a couple of stupid questions.

Thanks, Ironbelly, for this very useful information. I was hoping the sound quality of this Russian-edition EOMS would be an improvement over the latest reissue but after reading your assessment I won't bother seeking it out. It would have been great if the Stones had released some live versions of Exile songs from the '72 and '73 tours along with the outtakes on the deluxe edition a few years ago. Oh. well...just 8 more years to wait until the 50th Anniversary Super-Deluxe box set will be available! We can only hope they.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-12 09:06 by TornAndFried.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home