Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

BBC Blues Doc with Loads of Keith
Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 10, 2014 21:55

Keith interviewed all over this - very funny, rather scary looking too. Haven't seen it posted here before- apologies if it has. Quite good. Enjoy.

Re: BBC Blues Doc with Loads of Keith
Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 10, 2014 22:12

This is a great documentary. On this thread there's other two great BBC documentaries about the blues, with a short interview with Keith. smileys with beer

Posted by: roryfaninva ()
Date: April 10, 2014 22:19

Hard to believe Paul Jones is the same age- he obviously avoided the pitfalls of the rock star lifestyle- very articulate, seems like a good guy. Great harp player/singer.

Posted by: BostonLass ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:41

Thanks for posting this, roryfaninva. Excellent documentary - very interesting review of the roots of Stones music and the context of the band's development.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:49

Just was catching this over on the Keith's image thread...great stuff, thanks to you roryfaninva and to negol for hunting it down.

Hey rory, nice to see another fan here from VA. smileys with beer

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 11, 2014 00:54

YEAH great doco ... and Keef's in full flight through-out ...esp at the 1.25.09 mark......Hilarious !!!!

ROCKMAN

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 07:40

Thank you for that roryfaninva that was possibly the best doc on early english blues I have ever seen. Pity that after the blues black America hasn't given us anything close to as vital. Rap and Hip Hop to me don't cut it and no so-called artist that can talk fast and bounce in ryhms is ever going to be considered as talented as a Jimmy Reed or Elmore James or even thought to be in the same leaque. The blues and thereby rocknroll have been the greatest gift of firstly black Americans and then white English kid's that the world of popular music has given us and I'm just glad I got to be a small part of the entire thing. Growing up loving this music has been a pleasure and a privilidge and I thank all the young/older men and women that made this all come to be.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 11, 2014 18:52

not to intrude on the point ..but-

blues did closely exist alongside the more advanced improvised music that became jazz..

seems a shame to overlook it when mentioning what black America has given..

great documentary.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: April 11, 2014 20:55

Really, really great viewing. Very well done. Thanks so much for posting!

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: April 12, 2014 10:48

This is indeed great--should be mentioned that Bill is interviewed. too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2280
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home