Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
The Best of BV - The Eternal Optimist
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:17

Here is a short list of some of my favorite BV's quotes over the past few years. As usual he provides us with some classic insights and great advice:

bv
On New Years Predictions:
Next year will be a great new Stones year. See you on tour, and happy new year!
[IORR 12/31/2009]

5. The next year 2011 will be great for Stones fans. Happy New Year!
[IORR 12/31/2010]

On Christmas Presents:
I feel like many here are like the kids before Christmas.
Can I open a parcel? Just one? Yes I know it's not Christmas but still?
Only problem is the Rolling Stones define when there will be party time.
First they have to rock, then roll, then play some blues,
then rock and roll some more, and when we have picked some strawberries
and potatoes and mangos and done some more gardening then there
might be a party - of course!
[IORR 2/03/2012]

On Touring:
They have been around since 1962. They make no promises and they do not owe anyone. They simply live their lives as you and me. How can you mislead when you don't announce anything that might be misleading. They have in fact been touring for five - 5 - decades, all the way up to and including 2007, while most other bands from the 60's have been off tour for decades...

However, they will go on tour again, and again, as long as they live. Not because they owe anything to you or to me, but because they simply love what they do.
[IORR 9/11/2010]

On Staking Out Rehearsals:
If the goal is to be normal you should sit at home drinking beer and watching football. Or shave your legs if you are a girl.
[IORR 8/04/2005]

On Growing Old:
I met an old friend I had not seen for 40 years recently. He looked old. I thought. I look old too but I never look into the mirror. That's why I still feel like I am 15 years old.

Some of us have been following the Stones for 40-50 years, since the 60's and 70's. We have grown older but we do still expect the Stones to perform and act like they were in their 20's. Do we expect the same from ourselves and our partner in life?

Also we have been spiled with so many great records, so many great shows, we expect the same over and over again, year after year, and we expect more. Yes. We are greedy. Still, I do not complain. I do realize they are older now. I don't expect records and shows every year. They are grandfathers! They live a different life. We are lucky to have them around on tour and on new records when they feel like it. Simple as that.
[IORR 8/04/2010]

On Policing Threads:
This post is so stupid I won't even bother to delete it.
[IORR 1/08/2005]

On Weather:
And I don't like rain so I think they should stop doing that. I am sure they will listen to me.
[IORR 9/21/2005]

On Dieting:
The only way to a lower weight permanently is both activity and some sort of diet at the same time. It means you need a new tour to follow, or a dog to walk, or simply walk, run, bike or whatever. Get rid of the car. Buy some good shoes. Climb a mountain or something. Good luck with your diet!
[IORR 5/03/2011]

On Religion:
Go and see the Pope. If that is what your family want you to do you should see the Pope. Then you can see the Stones any other place you like really.
[IORR 7/13/2005]

On Marriage:
I am still married after 36 years of marriage because I have spent half of my life on tour following the Stones. It's a great way to avoid irritating your partner, because you are not around. But now the problems started since they did not tour so I have climed Kilimanjaro a few times to stay away from home the last couple of years.
[IORR 9/03/2011]

Bjornulf

Re: The Best of BV - The Eternal Optimist
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 15, 2012 06:38

thumbs up nice work The Sicilian

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 15, 2012 13:39

On Growing Old:
I met an old friend I had not seen for 40 years recently. He looked old. I thought. I look old too but I never look into the mirror. That's why I still feel like I am 15 years old.

I can relate. I met a guy just the other day. "What a nice old man," I thought. Turns out, he's my age.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:09

Well well.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:10

I have great affection for BV, I just wish he'd let us write the words star @#$%&.

: )

Posted by: Britney ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:19

Three hurrays for BV. smiling smiley

www.rsundercover.eu

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: March 15, 2012 14:53

Very nice Sicilian

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 15, 2012 15:12

hey Sicilian, BV will soon make you an offer you won't be able to refuse : being banned or having your legs broken... >grinning smiley<

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: March 15, 2012 16:05

These are great! Warmed my sad little heart today.
Cheers to BV & to all smiling smiley

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:03

I'm pickin' up good vibrations!

Thanks BV and Sicilian.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:13

A friend of mine once had a choice between going to a Stones gig or holiday with his wife.

The Bear Wolf said 'see the Stones. You can go on holiday with your wife any time. You can make it up to her later.

Date: March 15, 2012 18:17

You forgot when BtB was postponed at the start because Keith broke a rib:

This weekend I get to paint the house, thanks to the Rolling Stones.

Date: March 15, 2012 18:28

The GR
A friend of mine once had a choice between going to a Stones gig or holiday with his wife.

The Bear Wolf said 'see the Stones. You can go on holiday with your wife any time. You can make it up to her later.

Yup, The Bear wolf offers sage advice....

I remember debating wether or not to buck up to pay to fly to Bawstun to see the opening night of the BB tour.... and it was not going to be cheap... and I took some flak(before and after) for paying/going/doing something silly like that.... but now.... today.... I regard it as some of the best money I ever frittered away..... so many memories... from hearing 2 nights worth of shows listening to them rehearse outside of Fenway, two days before the show..... to the whales we met when we drove up to Glouster and took a boat out... to all of the lobster rolls we ate..... to hearing Mick singing Memory Motel from outside of Fenway on the day of the show as we were still looking for tickets..... it was awesome....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 19:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 15, 2012 18:51

The GR

I don't know if Björnulf was talking to himself there. His name actually means Bearwolf in English! (Björn=bear, Ulf=Ulv=wolf). By the way Björn and Ulf are common names in Scandinavia.

Date: March 15, 2012 18:57

No I changed the names to protect the innocent !!

...or the guilty !

Posted by: parislocksmith ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:05

Thank you The Sicilian (and BV)! I laughed out loud for the first time in weeks.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:07

Nice but I've seen better posts by no less than 50 or 60 other posters. Status Quo, middle of the road, optimist...yawn. Yes he designed a great site but to worship his posts is taking it a bit too far. How far back dii you have to go to get that many posts, I have rarely seen him here in the last year, albiet it's probably hard to post from the side of a mountain.

A classy dude, physically fit and who spends his years touring with the Stones,obviously a big fan. ok. I wonder it the Stones provide him with passes for all those wonderful posts? confused smiley

I'll bet you were the one who always brought the apple to the teacher Sicilian.....peace

Date: March 15, 2012 19:09

Well he has been a good friend to me for 29 years.

Hats off to you Bjornulf.

Date: March 15, 2012 19:16

Wow that is pretty cool The GR. I'm warming. peace

Date: March 15, 2012 19:21

I've been a member of Its Only Rock N Roll for 30 years this December.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 15, 2012 19:22

Naturalust
Nice but I've seen better posts by no less than 50 or 60 other posters. Status Quo, middle of the road, optimist...yawn. Yes he designed a great site but to worship his posts is taking it a bit too far. How far back dii you have to go to get that many posts, I have rarely seen him here in the last year, albiet it's probably hard to post from the side of a mountain.

I'll bet you were the one who always brought the apple to the teacher Sicilian.....peace

Lighten up, the man has some classic one liners. I happen to enjoy them, I don't need to score points, It was something I've thought about doing for awhile. Something to change the solemn mood on the board.

Date: March 15, 2012 19:47

Nothing personal pisano, I dig your posts too! And I'm all for cheering up the somberness. A ticket to a 2013 Stones show should do the trick. peace

Date: March 15, 2012 20:21

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-03-15 22:15 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 15, 2012 22:08

I am sure BV wrote : "Save your money and pack your bags" 2 or 3 years ago. I just did it. So I will be able to travel in some european cities and maybe NY or BA. Thanks BV.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 00:32

The GR
I've been a member of Its Only Rock N Roll for 30 years this December.

Dude, that is very cool.

When did BV first start IORR? Now that I ask the question, I'm sure it is probably listed somewhere on the site.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: March 16, 2012 02:12

classic BV. Awesome. "this post is so stupid I won't bother to delete it"

Date: March 16, 2012 02:19

This is classic stuff and definitely not OT. My smile for the day/week/month even.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2012 03:52

J.J.Flash
classic BV. Awesome. "this post is so stupid I won't bother to delete it"

I actually quite enjoyed that one myself. Quite a bitchslap!

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:51

treaclefingers
When did BV first start IORR? Now that I ask the question, I'm sure it is probably listed somewhere on the site.

1980. It is listed at the top of the main page:
[www.iorr.org]

Date: March 16, 2012 11:37

First issues in Norweigian, first English issue was 5 or 6.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2149
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home