Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Brown Sugar (Alternate Mix)
Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: April 13, 2014 23:06

And here is the YT-upload:

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 14, 2014 07:26

kevinkamphuis
Here is a new mix of the alternate Brown Sugar with Mick Taylor's lead solo's way higher in the mix

[www.dropbox.com]

Did you run it through a Dolby filter? Just curious how you were able to bring that out from the outtakes. That is assuming you do not have access to the original tapes! lol

Posted by: kevinkamphuis ()
Date: April 14, 2014 18:52

flacnvinyl
kevinkamphuis
Here is a new mix of the alternate Brown Sugar with Mick Taylor's lead solo's way higher in the mix

[www.dropbox.com]

Did you run it through a Dolby filter? Just curious how you were able to bring that out from the outtakes. That is assuming you do not have access to the original tapes! lol

It's done with spectral editing. It takes time but it gives nice results.

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 15, 2014 15:31

kevinkamphuis
flacnvinyl
kevinkamphuis

[www.dropbox.com]

It's done with spectral editing. It takes time but it gives nice results.

Your remixed BA is awesome!! The Midnight Rambler now surpasses the bootleg BA version for listening pleasure. Someome should leak it to the Stones for release. Thank you smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-15 15:51 by muffie.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: April 15, 2014 17:01

kleermaker
And here is the YT-upload:

Now this sounds almost like the old bootleg/broadcast to my ears ... but I must confess, I really like the guitar seperation on the official release ...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 15, 2014 18:04

In general MT's contributions were absolutely great, save for one song that, that is Brown Sugar. He should have kept it simple and essential, as he sort of did for the first 2.30 minutes of the 1970s versions.

If Brown Sugar was a plate of pasta, the studio version represents the exact balance of spaghetti and condiment, the 72 and 73 versions are a couple of overcooked maccheroni drowned in a sea of chili ketchup ...

C

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: April 15, 2014 18:34

liddas
If Brown Sugar was a plate of pasta, the studio version represents the exact balance of spaghetti and condiment, the 72 and 73 versions are a couple of overcooked maccheroni drowned in a sea of chili ketchup ...

C

Rotterdam '73 BS is the smoking version. Plenty of tasty MT slide lead. What a way to start a show. Damn, where's that time machine when you need one?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-15 18:58 by muffie.

Date: April 15, 2014 18:51

muenke

Now this sounds almost like the old bootleg/broadcast to my ears ... but I must confess, I really like the guitar seperation on the official release ...

To my ears it's like Taylor is playing somewhere in the sideline on the official one. So I prefer this 'bootleg' sound much more. You can Taylor compare to the first violinist of a string quartet: that man/woman has to be more than audible.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-15 18:53 by kleermaker.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: April 15, 2014 19:01

muffie

Rotterdam '73 BS is the smoking version. Plenty of tasty MT slide lead. What a way to start a show. Damn, where's that time machine when you need one.

C

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: April 16, 2014 13:12

kleermaker
muenke

To my ears it's like Taylor is playing somewhere in the sideline on the official one. So I prefer this 'bootleg' sound much more. You can Taylor compare to the first violinist of a string quartet: that man/woman has to be more than audible.

not if he is overplaying gratuitously and unproductively. i agree with the pasta comment.

Date: April 16, 2014 14:15

sonomastone
kleermaker
muenke

not if he is overplaying gratuitously and unproductively. i agree with the pasta comment.

Good for you.

Posted by: From4tilLate ()
Date: April 16, 2014 14:37

I listened to the official release once and put it away. I don't like it as much as the classic boot, and that concludes my measured, meticulously researched findings on the matter.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1096
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home