Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10
Re: 3 warhorses you would like to be replaced during the European and Australian Tour.
Posted by: Medzvel ()
Date: May 6, 2014 03:12

Tumbling Dice
Paint It Black
Doom & Gloom

Replaced by

Beast of Burden
Out of Control
Love In Vain (with MT)

Re: 3 warhorses you would like to be replaced during the European and Australian Tour.
Posted by: winter ()
Date: May 6, 2014 03:14

SFTD replaced with CYHMK (gotta replace a long song timewise to fit CYHMK in)
Miss You replaced with Beast of Burden
Tumbling Dice replaced with Monkey Man
HTW replaced with Heartbreaker (RW-wahwah, KR-rhythm, MT-lead)
one Keith spot taken by Love In Vain (w/MT)

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: May 6, 2014 03:21

EddieByword
DEmerson
I just had a revelation of the 1 song they should do. Play With Fire. Can you imagine? That could be chilling.

In case you didn't know, they did do that at quite a few shows in 1989/1990............it's on this live single........ [www.ebay.co.uk] ........scroll down and you can just about make out the tracklist on the disc.......

Yes. BUT - listen to it now and in the context of recent events it kind of takes on a whole new meaning.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 6, 2014 09:41

Add Ruby Tuesday in Berlin.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: May 6, 2014 10:08

Leave out

Miss You
Start me Up (with or without Keith's Hyde Park intro's)
Satisfaction IF Doom and Gloom doesn't count as a warhorse!

Put in:

Street Fighting Man (Hyde Park's best performance!)
Memory Motel
Stray Cat Blues

Date: May 6, 2014 10:40

Medzvel
Tumbling Dice
Paint It Black
Doom & Gloom

Replaced by

Beast of Burden
Out of Control
Love In Vain (with MT)

Doom And Gloom has received warhorse-status now? smiling smiley

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: May 6, 2014 11:32

It's quite simple for me:

1. Satisfaction
2. SMU
3. IORR

should be replaced through

1. The last time
2. Hand of fate
3. Winter

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: May 6, 2014 12:01

Start Me Up
Miss You
Tumblin' Dice

Replaced by:
Bye Bye Johnny
Dead Flowers
Ventilator Blues

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 6, 2014 15:33

I know this thread is for daydreams, but just a little question: Do you guys really think that the Stones will kick some warhorses out of the setlist? I mean, songs like Miss You or Honky Tonk Woman are hard to sing for Mick because of L´Wren. So what do you think: How realistic is a change of the setlist?

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 6, 2014 16:20

Replace:
Start Me Up
Street Fighting Man
Miss You

with:

Slave
I Am Waiting (what the hell, if they decide to be creative with it, it could be fun)
Stop Breaking Down (with Mick Taylor)

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 6, 2014 16:23

Title5Take1
I would like them to play SING THIS ALL TOGETHER (SEE WHAT HAPPENS) three times.

And Gomper as an encore?

Posted by: Pete66 ()
Date: May 6, 2014 17:48

out:
Its only rock n roll
Miss you
Satisfaction

In:
Under my thumb
Memory motel
Worried About you

Pete.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: May 6, 2014 18:50

I would not mind losing Miss You for a while but Start Me up, IORR and Satisfaction have to be played for me.
I'm not sure about CYHMK "live" but yes, I would also love to hear Lets Spend The Night Together and Under My Thumb.
Three that I would also dream of are...

Back Street Girl
Tell Me
Take it Or Leave It

Apart from all the discussion above, I will be happy whatever they play...

"till the next time..."

Star

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: May 6, 2014 19:38

sonomastone
they should replace whichever warhorses mick is most bored with. when he's bored with a song, he sings it in his "campy" style, which ruins the song.

sympathy for the devil sounded very tired this past tour.

yeah, im bored with how Jagger sings the warhorses on this tour.
jeroen

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: May 6, 2014 19:49

Realistically I think All Down The Line could replace Tumbling Dice. I believe Mick is bored singing it. I haven't really liked it since Licks and that might be generous.

Miss You

It's Only Rock N Roll

Date: May 7, 2014 15:50

Based on the most played songs (according to this source), I think the warhorses HTW, Miss You, IORR and maybe SFTD could be replaced by Street Fighting Man, Beast of Burden, Rocks Off and maybe Love In Vain - these choices are realistic, I think. And maybe All Down The Line replaces Tumbling Dice (both songs are fantastic).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 15:50 by Kaisan.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: May 7, 2014 15:56

Start Me Up
It's Only Rock'n'Roll
Miss You

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 7, 2014 16:11

Wouldn't mind hearing the warhorses if Taylor was integrated in and some others like Chuck are given a lesser role. In that way the band going back to their blues-rock guitar roots. However, if that isn't going to change then as requested by poster:

Out -> IORR, BS, SFTD

In -> CYHMK, Sway, Silver Tran, Love In Vain (any deep cuts Taylor has played on)

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: May 7, 2014 16:17

frankotero
Replace with any rarities or less played songs. I would be very happy by this.

IORR, Miss You, Shattered ---> on the way out of the setlist or play them only rarely.

Suggestions for possible replacements:
Black Limousine, She Was Hot, All Down the Line, Saint Of Me, Don't Stop

I'd be happily surprised by:
Too Tight, She Saw Me Coming, Jump On Top Of Me, Highwire, Dangerous Beauty

But they most likely won't play these because the "casual fans" don't know them.

(What is a casual fan anyway? Somebody who is just window shopping? If they just want to do that, why do they go to a concert? A few years ago, I have been to a John Fogerty concert, after having enjoyed his solo music for nearly 10 years on CD, and not knowing a lot of the CCR catalogue. The best song of the night turned out to be one which I heard for the very first time that night. And it is still not on an official live album, even though I feel it should.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-07 16:22 by billwebster.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 7, 2014 16:18

Wow--- And I was thinking I was the only one wish IORR would be retired...

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: May 7, 2014 16:29

Miss You....I'd love to see thrown to the wayside.

What I'd love to hear, with MT sparring with KR is...........

You Gotta Move

Date: May 7, 2014 17:53

StonedAsia
Miss You....I'd love to see thrown to the wayside.

What I'd love to hear, with MT sparring with KR is...........

You Gotta Move

You Gotta Move, man, that would be a dream - but I think it's a dream which never comes true.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 7, 2014 17:57

Seems Miss You is the song most people would like to see dropped. If they need a dance number in the setlist maybe they could play Undercover, Harlem Shuffle or Dance. Are you reading this Stones Management? I doubt the casual fan would be upset over this. I can see them saying "dam they didn't play Satisfaction or Jumpin' Jack Flash".

Date: May 7, 2014 18:01

One of my biggest dreams ever: Can't You Hear Me Knocking as a warhorse for every concert. Could be played instead of SFTD (because of the length), but I think CYHMK never becomes a warhorse again ...

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 7, 2014 18:02

Amazingly so I think I'd rather hear Paint It Black than Start Me Up. Anyway...

SFTD
Miss You
Start Me Up

replaced with...

Jigsaw Puzzle
Plundered My Soul
She Saw Me Coming

If it was 4 I'd replace IORR with Time Waits For No One only because of Mick Taylor.

5? Honky Tonk Women with All The Way Down.

6? Jumpin' Jack Flash with Do You Think I Really Care.

Date: May 7, 2014 18:04

GasLightStreet

A whole Stones tour without Jumpin' Jack Flash?! Never. Ever. ;-)

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: May 7, 2014 21:02

Chuck
Lisa
Darryl

smoking smiley

Date: May 8, 2014 05:16

Kaisan
GasLightStreet

A whole Stones tour without Jumpin' Jack Flash?! Never. Ever. ;-)

Well, you see, if they played it worth a damn I'd agree. But I could do without it if I went to see them.

Date: May 8, 2014 05:17

Wroclaw

When's the last time it was good? Ha ha! I don't know. 1976?

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: May 8, 2014 05:41

GasLightStreet
Wroclaw

When's the last time it was good? Ha ha! I don't know. 1976?

Brilliantly done by Jagger+Foo Fighters in 2012. Theirs resembling the original or video outtake. Stones' '75 and onward live versions sounding like a average Chuck Berry cover band rehearsing it. Is it time to drop the lame duck or re-learn it from scratch?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 5 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2237
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home