Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6
Your Biggest Stones Regret
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:15

Tomorrow is the 15th anniversary of my biggest regret - March 29, 1999, Hartford CT. I would have heard I Got The Blues. My friend who I attend most of the shows with blames my girlfriend at the time for this crime. I don't remember all the circumstances but she's guilty. She once said that I loved Mick more than her -- she was right.

Re: Your Biggest Stones Regret
Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:19

Missing the Vredenburg show.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:19

Not seeing them in the 70s. I'm old enough - managed to see Bowie in 1972/73 aged 13 and 14 but not the Stones. My friend from school went to Wembley in 73 and absolutely loved it.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:24

I could have bought a bus/ticket package to one of the '89 shows in Atlanta (first time I was old enough). In college & money was tight. Thought about it, thought about it, made the call two days after they had sold out. I'll always have a bit of regret that I never got to see them while Bill was still in the band.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:42

I was at the Heartfort show! I Got The Blues was great, but I was bummed about missing Moonlight Mile from two shows before! My greatest Stones regret is not finding a way to see a Licks tour theater show!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-28 15:43 by Send It To me.

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:46

I somehow missed Moonlight Mile also on a couple occassions. I've heard almost the rest of SF (Sway, CYHMK, Sister Morphine) but never MM. That and not getting Silver Train in Macau a few weeks ago.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:47

Send It To me
I was at the Heartfort show! I Got The Blues was great, but I was bummed about missing Moonlight Mile from two shows before! My greatest Stones regret is not finding a way to see a Licks tour theater show!

The theater shows were tough. Originally I wasn't going to the Tower but I couldn't accept the fact that people would be there who didn't deserve to be there so I ended up buying one of those packages that included all three venues. Granted, I already had tickets for the other shows but I needed to be there.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:51

Falling totally asleep in the 1998 Houston 2nd show because of jetlag and a f... cab driver who did not keep his promise to pick up us at the other part of the town... We walked like idiots... and Houston is pretty large to walk.. I remember Mick with a baseball cap, country song, Dead Flowers... Then BOOM sleeping in the storm like in my bed. Worst is I perfectly woke up after the show and had a drink in a bar "So how was the gig at the Compaq Center ?" "Mmm,all right, I guess".

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:56

1)i went to every tour since 1982, but in 2012/2013 i was so pissed off for ticket prices that i didn't go.
2)Olympia or Vredenburg in 2003. it would have been a great experience
3)in 2007 they rehearsed few days in Milano, 90 km far from my hometown, and i didn't go to Alcatraz . stupid

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 28, 2014 15:56

Going to wait on the beer line at the Pontiac Silverdome on Dec. 2, 1997 and faintly hearing something that kinda sounded like Shattered, then returning to my seat to catch the very end of the song and realizing I had missed Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:01

Had a chance to go to the 1975 Jacksonville show and passed. First show was 6 years later.

Posted by: LQ1977 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:05

Koen
Missing the Vredenburg show.

I was outside Vredenburg, not having a ticket! Stood closeby and could listen a bit though....great atmosphere there amongst us unlucky fans not having tickets. And my American friend and I were even pictured on the front page of the paper the next day! smiling smiley

-------------------------------------------------------------

Literally 965 kilometers from being "Born in an Arctic zone".

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:07

tatters
Going to wait on the beer line at the Pontiac Silverdome on Dec. 2, 1997 and faintly hearing something that kinda sounded like Shattered, then returning to my seat to catch the very end of the song and realizing I had missed Nineteenth Nervous Breakdown.

That sucks. Never leave your seat until the second half, you might miss a rarity.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:12

For deciding not to go and see them in 2012 and 2013.
Wish i had!!

Thats why im going to Stockholm on July 1, might be the Last Time !!

Jeroen

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:26

my regrets are I didn't get to see them when Brian was with them, and when Mick Taylor was with them..and I won't get to see them for any of these European shows..

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:44

Not being quick enough off the mark to see Keith solo in 92.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: March 28, 2014 16:54

While I bought tickets and went to one of the Essen shows in 1973, I had all the time in the world to follow the tour around, but didn't. I assmued all shows were sold out which they were not. Figured the tickets would be tough because of how hard it was to get tickets for the boys on the US 72 tour. My friend travelling with me was also a big fan. We just thought we were lucky to get tickets for the Essen show and were happy just to be able to see them there. The Essen show was rockin. What idiots we were! All we had to do was train around and follow the tour. Despite meager funds available while travelling at that time, the tickets were not expensive at all. It was completely doable. Sonofa.....Doh!!

Date: March 28, 2014 16:58

rebelrebel
Not seeing them in the 70s. I'm old enough - managed to see Bowie in 1972/73 aged 13 and 14 but not the Stones. My friend from school went to Wembley in 73 and absolutely loved it.

At least now you can see them in THEIR 70's!

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:02

Not having the time or money to invest in a premium Stones bootleg collection (I had one - - only one - - which I've misplaced).

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:02

Not seeing them in a club show.

@andrea66: I spent ages in front of the Alcatraz waiting for something that never happened. All in all, you didn't miss anything!

C

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:08

HopeYouGuessMyName
rebelrebel

At least now you can see them in THEIR 70's!

grinning smiley

Yes, and not too shabby!

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:14

Missing the 75 Milwaukee County Stadium show where Joe Walsh debuted with the Eagles as a back up band.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:23

Part 1. Stuck outside the El Mocambo with no ticket - and going around to the back alley and seeing the roadies taking the guitars in. Gut wrenching.

Part 2. Leaving the 1981 San Francisco 2nd show during "Time Is On My Side" - because I had to catch a flight to get back to work. Gut wrenching again.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:25

Missing the only night at Wembley 1995 when they played Monkey Man. However, I did catch them doing at Brixton, a week later.

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:32

Missing the chance to have a drink with Mick Jagger in a small exclusive bar in Japan during the '98 tour.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:33

Missing the 1973 Nicaragua Benefit concert at the Forum.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:36

liddas
Not seeing them in a club show.

Me too! I remember desperately trying for the Astoria in London but with no luck. And to make matters worse, I was round the corner from the venue that day (for work). I remember seeing Stones fans get off the train at Tottenham Court Road station....as I got on to go home!

The Licks tour still holds good memories for me. It was the first time I went to more than one show on a tour. Friends and family thought I was mad (they thought just once was enough).

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:38

Never having seen Keith w/X-pensive Winos live...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:40

Seeing the Stones in 81' at Rich Stadium. A joke.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: March 28, 2014 17:44

More Hot Rocks
Seeing the Stones in 81' at Rich Stadium. A joke.

Of course that was a joke; good one !

Goto Page: 123456Next
Current Page: 1 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home