Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Which stage would be the best?
Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 8, 2014 20:31

Yes, I agree on your points mtaylor.
But a stage similar to the Hyde Park shows can't be too expensive.

Re: Need a new stage for Europe
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: April 8, 2014 21:26

mtaylor
Doubt they will bring any big stage to Europe since half of the shows are Festival stages, one is in Isreal, two arenas and three stadiums - at bit wild to make a new big stage for 3 shows.

Out of the 14 shows,
4 are festivals (Lisbon, Landgraaf, Werchter, Roskilde)
1 is an amphitheatre with a permanent stage (Berlin)
7 are football stadiums (Oslo, Zurich, Paris, Vienna, Düsseldorf, Madrid, Stockholm)
2 are open-air sites where they will use their stadium stage (Tel Aviv, Rome)
0 arena shows with the tongue pit

The stadium stage which will be used at the 7+2 shows will probably be something similar to the one at Hyde Park last Summer.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: April 8, 2014 21:44

B2B stage was pretty good .

Posted by: vintage stone ()
Date: April 9, 2014 00:33

Oslo Arena is an Indoor Arena.....No Stadium.

Qoute

Out of the 14 shows, 4 are festivals (Lisbon, Landgraaf, Werchter, Roskilde) 1 is an amphitheatre with a permanent stage (Berlin) 7 are football stadiums (Oslo, Zurich, Paris, Vienna, Düsseldorf, Madrid, Stockholm) 2 are open-air sites where they will use their stadium stage (Tel Aviv, Rome) 0 arena shows with the tongue pit

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 9, 2014 00:42

RobertS
I am planning to go on one of Rolling Stones Show this summer. Which venue would be the best to experience the show? FOS 1 in Dusseldorf or Stehplatz Innenraum in Berlin?

Lotus

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 9, 2014 01:52

I'm row A Ronnie side on a VERY expensive Diamond VIP ticket package.
Wonder if I should cash in and try for a seat a few rows back.

I would be shattered if I had restricted viewing from what was sold as a 'prime seat'.

This is for Adelaide show btw.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 9, 2014 02:48

I was at the front (GA) hanging on the rail on several gigs during the Licks and Bigger Bang tours and although it was hard to see Charlie sometimes all the other members were visible 98% of the time.

Surely the On FIre stage can't be higher than these earlier versions...?

Date: April 9, 2014 03:16

Check out some of these front row shots.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 04:36 by Deathgod.

Date: April 9, 2014 09:20

vintage stone
Oslo Arena is an Indoor Arena.....No Stadium.

It is an indoor facility built primarily for football (soccer), for which they will use their stadium stage.
They will not use their arena stage with the tongue pit.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 9, 2014 12:07

erikjjf
mtaylor
Doubt they will bring any big stage to Europe since half of the shows are Festival stages, one is in Isreal, two arenas and three stadiums - at bit wild to make a new big stage for 3 shows.

Out of the 14 shows,
7 are football stadiums (Oslo, Zurich, Paris, Vienna, Düsseldorf, Madrid, Stockholm)

The stadium stage which will be used at the 7+2 shows will probably be something similar to the one at Hyde Park last Summer.

Hyde park stage was pretty good, and the huge screens/leds behind them, hopefully similar set up. Sound was good too.

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: April 9, 2014 12:33

Hmm I don't remember those fans to be so high at the front of the stage....

Those Abu Dhabi shots are extreme I agree and also the distance to the stage is ludicrous!!! But talking about height....?

Hopefully the stage will be as low as possible.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 9, 2014 12:37

A lower Hyde Park stage would be the best for The Rolling Stones stadium shows.

Date: April 9, 2014 12:44

What was view like close to the Hyde Park stage ?

Date: April 9, 2014 12:48

Deathgod

Plenty of photos here:
[www.iorr.org]
[www.iorr.org]

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: April 9, 2014 13:28

stereomanic
erikjjf
mtaylor

Out of the 14 shows,

Hyde park stage was pretty good, and the huge screens/leds behind them, hopefully similar set up. Sound was good too.

Wasn't the Hyde Park stage essentially a festival stage for the BST festival? With the trees being a reference/connection to Hyde Park itself? I'd imagine they want to use it again this year.

Which only leaves the lousy Tokyo/Abu Dhabi one vacant right now... winking smiley Or there's a surprise coming up.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: April 9, 2014 14:03

Yes, I don't see how they can bring the trees along or that great "curved" screen, which is too bad.

The actual stage can be slapped together by any promoter, the question is what backdrop they'll use...obviously anything new and as elaborate as the 1989/2007 tours is out of the question so that leaves two options :
- reusing one of the 1989/2007 backdrops
- using the "el cheapo" Tokyo red and white "drapes"

I think we know what it's going to be unfortunately and it's going to look...like crap and cheap in the stadiums. Who cares after all, they don't since all the shows are sold out and I suppose that at the end of the day it's the music that matters...well except if you're in the rafters and won't have much to look at apart from the drapes and giant screens.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 9, 2014 14:13

the Hyde Park Stage was supposed to be used at Adelaide (without the trees of course) and they claimed to bring it back in Oct/Nov for that date. However looking at the stage in Tokyo and Abu Dhabi it is like the Hyde Park stage but reduced to a minimum. Well if you won't pay the price you won't get the arena tongue pit simple as that. Don't forget that they can easily use those parts of Hyde Park as the last dates are festivals where they don't need an own stage and it can be easily shipped to UK after the last Stockholm gig.

Date: April 9, 2014 14:40

Grison
the Hyde Park Stage was supposed to be used at Adelaide (without the trees of course) and they claimed to bring it back in Oct/Nov for that date.

Source??

Then we may expect the same in Europe in large stadiums?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 14:40 by 1962.

Date: April 9, 2014 15:06

Grison
the Hyde Park Stage was supposed to be used at Adelaide (without the trees of course) and they claimed to bring it back in Oct/Nov for that date.

Source??

Then we may expect the same in Europe in large stadiums?

[m.adelaidenow.com.au]

Date: April 9, 2014 15:18

Thanks erikjjf!

"Adelaide will be the only Australian concert to feature the large stadium stage used by the band in its London shows this year.

It features a giant 30m-long ramp and platforms that extend into the audience, as well as big screens and special ­effects."

Giant stage set for a landmark event

"EVERY Rolling Stones tour is billed as larger and more spectacular than the one before, - its last Australian visit in 2006 was even called A Bigger Bang - but its concert at Adelaide Oval next year will but next year's event will indeed be something special.

It will be the only outdoor stadium show that the band performs in Australia and will feature a massive stage based on the one used for two landmark concerts in London's Hyde Park earlier this year.

Promoter Tony Cochrane said the stage would extend the full width of the oval, with a catwalk-style ramp extending 30m into the audience, allowing band members to perform in the centre of the crowd.

"It will be tailored around the Hyde Park stage and customised to suit Adelaide Oval,'' Mr Cochrane said.

That should prove a drawcard for interstate audiences, who will get a different show. Indoor concerts interstate will feature a smaller stage shaped like the Stones' lips logo, where premium ticket buyers get to stand in the "tongue pit''.

The Hyde Park stage included giant trees and video footage of the band's cartoon gorilla mascot GRRRegory, who featured on the cover of its recent GRRR! album, romping through the foliage.

Like the Hyde Park shows, the Adelaide Oval concert is expected to culminate in a fireworks spectacular.

Because of the size of the stage, audience capacity is likely to be limited to 45,000, which means it won't set attendance records for Adelaide."

I suppose they'll also use that HP stage for Europe, because of bigger crowds will attend than in Asia.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 15:23 by 1962.

Posted by: stereomanic ()
Date: April 9, 2014 16:57

It would be great if they took the trees too :-D

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: April 9, 2014 17:11

Limbostone
stereomanic
erikjjf
mtaylor

Out of the 14 shows,

Wasn't the Hyde Park stage essentially a festival stage for the BST festival? With the trees being a reference/connection to Hyde Park itself? I'd imagine they want to use it again this year.

Which only leaves the lousy Tokyo/Abu Dhabi one vacant right now... winking smiley Or there's a surprise coming up.
Maybe I counted a bit wrong, but they will not have a new stage for those few shows.

Date: April 9, 2014 20:09

erikjjf
[m.adelaidenow.com.au]

Ok, but what the promoter describes is the actual stage (what they're standing on), not the backdrop, there was nothing "elaborate" about the stage at HP apart from the trees and curved screens that were truly something to look at. I still think they'd better come up with something a bit more spectacular than the red/white "drapes" used in Tokyo and Abu Dhabi, the backdrop hasn't looked as bad since the 1982 tour...now where's the cobra when you need it!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 9, 2014 20:59

Deathgod

This video gives you a good idea.
[www.youtube.com]

Date: April 9, 2014 21:22

Weird, that looks like it was shot from the alley? Completely off center to the left anyway, from the front of T3 against the catwalk rail the view was perfect, unlike the same spot in AD based on the pictures posted above :

Note the "wrapping" video screens on the side :

--------------

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-09 21:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 06:20

Hate to be a bummer but I doubt considering the situation there will be a Stones tour any time this summer. Collect your refund and admit that it's over. The Rolling Stones have packed it in as a live band and who the hell could honestly blame them?

Posted by: satisfaction2 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 10:54

I think that there is lot of stage components stored at the stage building company in B/NL (stage....) they worked together the last tours (europe).

So it can`t be difficult or expensive to build up a elementary stage with "catwalk" or "tongue" in front.

Maybe our belgium fans can inform us if something "is goin on" at the stage company.

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: April 10, 2014 11:00

satisfaction2
I think that there is lot of stage components stored at the stage building company in B/NL (stage....) they worked together the last tours (europe).

So it can`t be difficult or expensive to build up a elementary stage with "catwalk" or "tongue" in front.

Maybe our belgium fans can inform us if something "is goin on" at the stage company.

The staging company the Rolling Stones have used on every tour since the 1994/95 Voodoo Lounge Tour is called StageCo. They are based in Werchter, Belgium. [www.stageco.com] They will be using a StageCo stage for all the outdoor shows in Europe this summer. The stage will be slightly different from the ones used in Abu Dhabi and Tokyo, but still a fairly simple design compared to the unique and elaborate (and expensive!) Mark Fisher designed stages they used on past tours.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 17:59 by TornAndFried.

Date: April 10, 2014 11:02

But we can agree on one thing: that Asian (14 On Fire) stage is too high, too cheap, below the usual Rolling Stones standard!
Come on Stones we need a better one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-10 11:50 by 1962.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: April 10, 2014 11:25

gotdablouse
Weird, that looks like it was shot from the alley? Completely off center to the left anyway, from the front of T3 against the catwalk rail the view was perfect, unlike the same spot in AD based on the pictures posted above :

Note the "wrapping" video screens on the side :

If you call this a perfect you I am happy for you, but hey this is miles away from the stage. As much as people tell you that there is interaction between fans and the band as much I would deny it as such distance lacks the commitment to the audience. There was much to much interference from running around security to first aid and cameras. Don't get me wrong I liked Hyde Park as a big party, but for sure not as a concert

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2348
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home