Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 1, 2014 15:57

Wroclaw

You will get the exact location + pictures from satellite view.

I think the purpose of a visit to the PL is to wander, get lost in it, and find stuff you wouldn't even dream of.

If you "go in, see Jimi, go out", you miss a lot imo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 18:31 by dcba.

Posted by: joelle ()
Date: April 1, 2014 16:40

Could I say that the announced opening acts sound a bit like April's Fools Day??? :-)

Posted by: Papo ()
Date: April 1, 2014 17:35

joelle
Could I say that the announced opening acts sound a bit like April's Fools Day??? :-)

Yes, April fools. Sorry folks, couldn't resist.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 1, 2014 18:36

dcba
Wroclaw
dcba

You will get the exact location + pictures from satellite view.

I think the purpose of a visit to the PL is to wander, get lost in it, and find stuff you wouldn't even dream of.

If you "go in, see Jimi, go out", you miss a lot imo.

Grave pilgrimage is definitely acceptable. If someone wants to see Jim Mirrisons grave, he should be able to do so without paying tribute to the cemetery itself. Much like if someone wants only to see the Monalisa and the Roseta stone - he can do so without having to walk all through the museum. Personally I would not visit any graves for their specific "emotional" value, but thats my taste. Many people feel that visiting a grave of a figure they liked/worshiped is exiting. I do not think all have the time to wander around. BTW: those who really care for exciting graves in Paris should:

A. Visit the St Denis basilica where most French monarchs were buried (I already mentioned it). Actually they are not really buried there anymore as during the French revolution they were exhumed and burned... but the art work of the graves is SUPERB.

B. Visit the Catacombs - "Kingdom of death". Many famous people there, also infamous (Like the ones that ordered the exhumation of the French monarchs...) - the problem is that none are named... Its hell of a visit, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 18:38 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: benstilla ()
Date: April 1, 2014 21:06

"Lucky dip" tickets for the Paris gig (among other dates) on sale tomorrow at 10am CEST @ www.rollingstones.com/tickets

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: April 1, 2014 22:50

Got this today. Does this mean my ticket is insured?

MESSAGE DE MONDIAL ASSISTANCE :

Bonjour T T,

Vous avez souscrit un contrat d'assurance auprès de Mondial Assistance
pour votre billetterie de spectacle commandée sur le site ticketnet.fr et nous vous en remercions.

Vous avez choisi l'assurance de spectacle pour un montant de prime de : 4,00 euros,
votre contrat porte le numéro XXXXX et il garantit les billets de votre commande numéro XXXXX , pour le spectacle : ROLLING STONES , en date du 13/06/2014 .

Nous vous conseillons de conserver les conditions particulières ainsi que les conditions générales jointes à cet e-mail.

Si vous ne pouvez pas assister au spectacle commandé pour les motifs prévus au contrat d'assurance,
nous vous invitons à effectuer votre déclaration de remboursement en ligne sur [declaration-sinistre.mondial-assistance.fr].
Nous vous remercions de votre confiance.

Le service clients
Mondial Assistance

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-01 22:51 by TooTough.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 1, 2014 23:35

TooTough: yes, it does. Almost all the French ticket vending sites offered some kind of insurance, some by default so you had to uncheck that option.

Date: April 1, 2014 23:40

Thanks, Topi. So I´m safe in St Denis spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: April 2, 2014 13:44

In fact even if you buy a ticket to Louvre Museum online they offer the ticket insurance. Must be with almost every event at every ticket vending site.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 2, 2014 19:17

Just started to look for hotels and best areas for hotels and on looking back on some of these pages it was not recommended to stop in the Gare de nord area.

The last time we were by the Eifel tower but found the taxi's fairly expensive to and from the airport, obviously there was no concert to go to.

I will take a look at catching the under ground, but we were with friends that usually catch taxis everywhere last time we were in Paris..

My niece can usually get me very good deals with hotels, but was wondering the best area's to look for, I would hope to do some sight seeing on the Saturday.

Any advice will be greatly received.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: April 2, 2014 20:02

odean73, I recommend that you stay in the 6th Arrondissement/St. Germain area...great for walking, convenient to many fine sights.

If you find a hotel near Luxembourg Gardens, there is a choice of RER (train) and good metro stops that will have you near the Stade de France within half an hour..loaded with Stones fans on their way to the gig.

Date: April 2, 2014 20:47

stonesrule
odean73, I recommend that you stay in the 6th Arrondissement/St. Germain area...great for walking, convenient to many fine sights.

If you find a hotel near Luxembourg Gardens, there is a choice of RER (train) and good metro stops that will have you near the Stade de France within half an hour..loaded with Stones fans on their way to the gig.

Thanks for getting back and for the advice.

Was looking at St Germain area, I can recall from the last time walking through that area and thinking how nice it was.

Posted by: myspecialagent ()
Date: April 2, 2014 23:54

Hey guys,

How was the queue at Stade de France for previous Stones Show ?

You started queuing at which time and you ended up at which row ?

Like if start queuing at 4 PM what row should I expect (pelouse VIP).

Thanks !

Date: April 2, 2014 23:59

The tickets look like this.
But the 1 in "14" is an I.

Date: April 3, 2014 10:50

Got a chance of a reasonable rate hotel by the Noisy Le Grand area, is it best to avoid or ok?

Any views will be welcome.thumbs upsmileys with beer

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: April 3, 2014 11:49

Don't know about safety but it's quite far from the SDF. You'd have to take the line A of the RER change at Chatelêt for line B then head to the stadium.

Another possibility : book a hatoel located in the "Place CLichy" area and take the Ligne 13 of métro to reach the SDF. That's what I'd do...

This one [www.booking.com]

has single rooms for 98€.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 11:55 by dcba.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:33

myspecialagent
Hey guys,

Thanks !

Very close to the stage or center catwalk. Unless things have changed, crowds in Paris do not line up as early as crowds in other European cities. Remember that even with Pelouse Vip, depending on how many packages were sold, there will be a couple lines of people with early entry before you.

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:39

If I can help with my own experience
At the end of the show, there will be enough RERs or Métros to leave the SDF zone (even if the queues seems oversized).
But take care if you need to change. I had the trouble in 2007, I missed the connection due to closure time ! So I had to walk ... 45 minutes under Paris lights at night. No so difficult, and finaly a pleasant time with friends, but not the original plan.
So, if you need hotels or so, try to stay close to the first RER line, or prepare to walk.
In 2006 I booked a family hotel in St Denis, about 15 minutes by foot from staidum, no safety concern at all. Even at night.
See U in Paris.

Date: April 3, 2014 13:09

dcba
Don't know about safety but it's quite far from the SDF. You'd have to take the line A of the RER change at Chatelêt for line B then head to the stadium.

Another possibility : book a hatoel located in the "Place CLichy" area and take the Ligne 13 of métro to reach the SDF. That's what I'd do...

Thanks for all the info.thumbs up

Date: April 3, 2014 16:03

dcba

Just booked this hotel, but i do have a cancellation option to use. i am waiting for my niece to come back to me with some staff rates for a well known hotel group but that could take another few days yet and i could not take the risk on sweating at the last minute and hyped up prices as it gets nearer the day.

Once again thanks.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 3, 2014 16:56

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: April 3, 2014 17:19

This might have been asked before - I booked a hotel just outside the Chatelet RER stations in central Paris - depending on one of the 2 RER lines that have stations near the SDF:

1. I guess the RER stations would be packed, but the stream would be flowing just as it is said about he Metro or should I avoid the RER?

2. Which on the 2 RER stations/lines I should rather take?

Thanks for all Parisians...

Posted by: myspecialagent ()
Date: April 3, 2014 21:21

drbryant
myspecialagent
Hey guys,

Thanks !

Very close to the stage or center catwalk. Unless things have changed, crowds in Paris do not line up as early as crowds in other European cities. Remember that even with Pelouse Vip, depending on how many packages were sold, there will be a couple lines of people with early entry before you.

Thanks. By early entry you mean eventravel packages ?

Date: April 3, 2014 22:17

Some steep prices on some of them trips, but all links greatly received.

Date: April 4, 2014 12:54

Just changed my hotel booking and now staying at the H/Inn express at the Paris Canal De La Villette.

I thought how many times am i going to go to paris and thought i might as well have an upgrade on the hotel < money wise anyway LoL > the hotel gets very good reviews and not too far away from the stadium apparently.

I could have waited for a relations staff rate, but i did not want to get her into trouble.

The downside is about 35 - 40 Euros taxi fare from the airport, but will take a look at the trains & Metro for that.

some web sites i have been looking at are,sorry no links, but google.

sleep & eat Paris

Paris by Mouth

Just have to arrange a get together if possible.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 4, 2014 13:53

Hi-I'm a 61 yo woman hoping to find a traveling companion for the Paris show. It would be great to share hotel expenses for a week or a bit less around the around 6/13. I would prefer to room with a female but would consider a gentleman.

Date: April 4, 2014 14:07

A list of record stores in Paris.

[www.timeout.com]

Anyone ever stay here? Some good reviews.
Courtyard by Marriott Paris Saint Denis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-04 14:13 by MingSubu.

Date: April 5, 2014 00:24

Looking at the metro/rail map and now having booked the hotel, it looks like I will have to catch two trains to the stadium has our nearest station is either Riquet or Crimee. Unless any body knows any different?

Knowing me I will probably end up getting taxis thou.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: April 5, 2014 11:47

myspecialagent
drbryant
myspecialagent
Hey guys,

Thanks !

Thanks. By early entry you mean eventravel packages ?

Yes. Perhaps lining up early is a good idea. This seems to be a very hot ticket. Even the Event Travel packages are nearly sold out. Very different from 2007.

Date: April 7, 2014 20:16

Is Pathe Marconi Studios still around?

Any popular sites in Paris, for the Stones?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1314151617181920212223...LastNext
Current Page: 18 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1529
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home