Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 29
Re: PARIS France 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 29, 2014 09:49

Livraison gratuite: this man has a good heart.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: March 29, 2014 10:32

Wroclaw
BTW - with all scary reports and warnings as to hanging around the SDF in the wrong part of the day - I do not know if it was mentioned here, BUT, the Cathedral of St. Denis - some 1000 meters to the North, is one of Paris sites one must visit if you have the time (and many tourists do not bother to make the uncomfortable long journey when staying in the city). Most French monarchs rested there and the art work of the their tombs is often remarkable and tell the story of Middle Ages France in a great way. The surroundings are rather unwelcoming, but the Cathedral is really worth a visit.

BTW#2 - since the day after the gig, first thing in the morning, I take a train to Koln Germany (Gare de Nord) may take the opportunity asking: if my hotel is 200-300 meters from Gare de Nord/Est and I arrive there from SDF at about past midnight, with the Mrs. - is it OK to walk quickly to our hotel from the Metro or would you recommend to stay in another place even if it means that in the morning we have to spend time getting to the train station?

The area around the Gare du Nord really isn't bad at all. I would have no qualms re walking there around midnight.

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: March 29, 2014 11:54

All these ads, when reported, are removed by the website.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 29, 2014 12:04

Honestman
Below one of those bastard
Face value X 10 but free shipping !

Just report him, like I wrote above, no one likes to report others, but people like that are scum and for each one of them there's a real fan out there without a ticket. I reported a couple of outrageous ones (including that €3000 for 4x"Carre Or" ) and they got back to me to say they had pulled it. I'm sure that scumbag got a little email too...might make him think twice the next time he wants to steal a ticket from fans. Actually many Leboncoin ads are disappearing so it seems others see things the same way.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-29 12:17 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 29, 2014 12:10

gotdablouse
Honestman
Below one of those bastard
Face value X 10 but free shipping !

Just report him, like I wrote above, no one likes to report others, but people like that are scum and for each one of them there's a real fan out there without a ticket. I reported a couple of outrageous ones (including that €3000 for 4x"Carre Or") and they got back to me to say they had pulled it. I'm sure that scumbag got a little email too...might make him think twice the next time he wants to steal a ticket from fans. Actually many Leboncoin ads are disappearing so it seems others see things the same way.

The world would be so much better of for fans if people would purely buy tickets cause they want to see it, and not to resell it. Sad sad tails the world works with supply/demand like this.

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: March 29, 2014 21:31

Not sold out regarding Francis Zegut :

[www.byzegut.fr]

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: March 30, 2014 06:26

I take yesterday two pit place with a vip package (eventravel).

Please, have some one some info about the configuration of the pit ?

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 30, 2014 07:03

Lady Jayne
Wroclaw
BTW - with all scary reports and warnings as to hanging around the SDF in the wrong part of the day - I do not know if it was mentioned here, BUT, the Cathedral of St. Denis - some 1000 meters to the North, is one of Paris sites one must visit if you have the time (and many tourists do not bother to make the uncomfortable long journey when staying in the city). Most French monarchs rested there and the art work of the their tombs is often remarkable and tell the story of Middle Ages France in a great way. The surroundings are rather unwelcoming, but the Cathedral is really worth a visit.

BTW#2 - since the day after the gig, first thing in the morning, I take a train to Koln Germany (Gare de Nord) may take the opportunity asking: if my hotel is 200-300 meters from Gare de Nord/Est and I arrive there from SDF at about past midnight, with the Mrs. - is it OK to walk quickly to our hotel from the Metro or would you recommend to stay in another place even if it means that in the morning we have to spend time getting to the train station?

The area around the Gare du Nord really isn't bad at all. I would have no qualms re walking there around midnight.
Lady Jayne, That is not a bad area at all I stayed there in 06 and felt totally safe. That said I really liked it I would stay there again. Mont Marte is cool too that's where I stayed in 07 I might stay again fun bar's!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: March 30, 2014 07:58

I appreciate not having to walk or travel for a long distance after the concert even if it means I am going to miss most of downtown Paris during my short trip. I will fly in from Berlin on Thursday evening June 12th and just take the RER to La Plaine Stade de France and hit my hotel. Get a good night's sleep before the show.

The show day will probably be spent lining up for the show then! They will have food concessions and toilets set up around the stadium to help with that (at least they did for Springsteen last summer)

Maybe on Saturday, if I wake up reasonably early, I can go check out the real Paris as my flight to Vienna departs around 7 PM.

(Good thing I am going to Paris with my gf in 4 weeks just on a holiday trip - no, not going to see Justin Timberlake at SDF winking smiley)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 07:59 by Topi.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: March 30, 2014 09:54

stonesfrkk
Lady Jayne
Wroclaw

Lady Jayne, That is not a bad area at all I stayed there in 06 and felt totally safe. That said I really liked it I would stay there again. Mont Marte is cool too that's where I stayed in 07 I might stay again fun bar's!
I meant to say Wroclaw. Gare de Nord is a cool area.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:12

stonesfrkk
stonesfrkk
Lady Jayne
Wroclaw

I meant to say Wroclaw. Gare de Nord is a cool area.

Thank you both! - I’m usually not to worried traveler but some comments here made me worry as it seems that it’s a serious business, danger wise, walking in the wrong districts in Paris. Some 10 years ago I stayed with friends in Paris: I wanted to get to St. Denis Cathedral and due to some reason was in some other suburb and saw of the map the 2 places are connected by a Tram… the journey was very long and slow and passed through “Bobigny” – that was just a name of the map for me. In the evening, when I told them I about the waste of time caused due to taking the tram (though its slowness was the only problem I noticed) they looked at me as if I just returned from the dead, saying that some of those areas they would never visit whatever reason they have.

Posted by: MononoM ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:32

paris isnt as dangerous as some of you think...

Life's just a cocktail party on the street

Posted by: denny007 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:34

hi, i have 2 tickets classe 1 for 13 june friends who can not go!
i live in Belgium and we also come to paris the 13 off june so we can offer you them overthere
YOU can contact me 0032570507 and ask for Denny (i speak a little francait)

Date: March 30, 2014 10:47

MononoM
paris isnt as dangerous as some of you think...

Yea I guess so too. Usually locals stay away from the "bad" parts of their own city and are worried when friends from out of the city/country go there (from obvious reasons). Faced the same thing in Argentina some time ago when used, frequently, the public train from La Plata-Quilmes-Buenos Aires. Locals friends were really worried, even were willing to suffer long detours with their cars taking me to some places, just so I wont take the train. BUT I liked the train so much that I did anyway...

Still - I assume that the SDF surroundings - outdoors - are indeed not too safe into the night.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 10:48 by Wroclaw.

Posted by: denny007 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 10:52

sorry i just sow that i can not sell my tickets in France
greetz
Denny

Date: March 30, 2014 12:20

Topi
I appreciate not having to walk or travel for a long distance after the concert even if it means I am going to miss most of downtown Paris during my short trip. I will fly in from Berlin on Thursday evening June 12th and just take the RER to La Plaine Stade de France and hit my hotel. Get a good night's sleep before the show.

The show day will probably be spent lining up for the show then! They will have food concessions and toilets set up around the stadium to help with that (at least they did for Springsteen last summer)

Maybe on Saturday, if I wake up reasonably early, I can go check out the real Paris as my flight to Vienna departs around 7 PM.

(Good thing I am going to Paris with my gf in 4 weeks just on a holiday trip - no, not going to see Justin Timberlake at SDF winking smiley)

…. The fact I only managed to get Perlose “cheap” tickets left me with spare money, which I actually used (in my mind offcourse) to finance a full day visit to Berlin on the 12th – a city to which I haven’t been since summer 1987… Will arrive to Paris the very later evening of June 12th and only intend to do a couple of hours walk in the city in the late morning, maybe to see if I can already “feel” the Stones atmosphere? As Berlin is definitely one of the most changed European major city since the 80s I really look foreword for this visit – something usually not happening when I stop at places on a way to a Stones gig…

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: March 30, 2014 12:42

fdajef

Pit is just the front of stage area. Usually it is quite large. The benefit of the VIP package is that you are let in first, so you can choose your place in the front row or on the rail. If you arrive late, then it is the same as Pelouse VIP.

Just checked the pit VIP package is sold out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-30 15:10 by drbryant.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 17:24

Looks like most of arriving Thursday afternoon, same for me.

So looking forward to be going back.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:12

Capacity of The Stade de France is 80,000 which could be extended to 90,000. Already 75,000 tx have been sold by the agencies. If you go to the Stade de France or Fnac or Carrefour, thèse at least 3 sites are registering in case new tix are released. This means that a few thousands more tickets will be on sale in the few coming weeks.

Posted by: HaroldJustin ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:43

phd
Capacity of The Stade de France is 80,000 which could be extended to 90,000. Already 75,000 tx have been sold by the agencies. If you go to the Stade de France or Fnac or Carrefour, thèse at least 3 sites are registering in case new tix are released. This means that a few thousands more tickets will be on sale in the few coming weeks.

I wonder how and were those tics are going to be sold then. Cause both Fnac and Ticketnet are claiming its sold out and you can no longer even visit the ticket pages.

Date: March 30, 2014 18:51

Go to the website and you will see that they are registering on the right side of the webpage.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:53

80,000 is for sports events, actually the record is 80,430, but for concerts it would seem the capacity is 76.000 [www.huffingtonpost.fr] - I guess they could sell seated tickets behind the stage with "restricted view" but who would want these seats? Actually this [www.journaldunet.com] says Celine Dion sold 88.189 tickets...with a 360 view.

Anyway, well done to the Stones and their promoters for selling out the SDF after the 2007 fiasco. Kudos to them for having (by far) the lowest prices for GC (including VIP+Or) as well as "Carre Or". I suspect they wanted to make sure it would be a sellout!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: fdajef ()
Date: March 30, 2014 18:59

drbryant
fdajef

Pit is just the front of stage area. Usually it is quite large. The benefit of the VIP package is that you are let in first, so you can choose your place in the front row or on the rail. If you arrive late, then it is the same as Pelouse VIP.

Just checked the pit VIP package is sold out.

Thanks for your answer. I remeber a bad experience with another concert at the same place. VIP plackage, but when I arrived... nothing. Just one file for "pelouse or"... I'm afaid to live the same situation at this stones concert.

See the eventtravel page : [www.eventtravel.com]

They said :
VIP Priority Check-In **
Separate VIP Entrance **

and above...

** Dependant on venue set up

I'm not sure that i make a good decision to take this vip package !!!

Posted by: duviquet ()
Date: March 30, 2014 19:20

hi guys
i saw lot of mesages about where to stay and what to do , how to go to teh sdf etc.
i live in PAris downtown, always lived here and i am not a teenager anymore:
so lets keep it simple:
you take the RER to teh sdf
after the concert you simply immeditaly follow the flow back to the RER station back to PAris/ no walking around, no strolling around teh sdf!!!
you are foreigners, you look foreigners, you are the preys!
Gare du Nord and then around the sdf , but mostly the gare du nord train station and tube station are a playground for pickpockets and tthey are more clever and more agile than us.
i trvael a lot by thalys and eurostar from gare du nord from business: not a single time that i dont see a pickpocket arrested!
no handbags ladies! no wallet in back ppocket of your jeans guys! the little that you need to carry to the concert, you put in the vertical front pockets of your jeans:
hotels? dont really stay around gare du nord, of course around sdf is a no go, just go a bit more downtown and depending on budget look for ibis, comfort inn, best western..; i read campanile: at best for backpackers.
i am not trying to be paranoid, i just live in this city. PAris is wonderful, if you dont know it you will enjoy: just be CAREFUL
see you all there , i will be in Pelor as we say in Paris, pelouse or!! and Landgraaf and Roskilde as well

enjoy our cailloux!
phi

Life is a Rock & Roll
Phiphi

Posted by: Massimo68 ()
Date: March 30, 2014 19:32

gotdablouse
80,000 is for sports events, actually the record is 80,430, but for concerts it would seem the capacity is 76.000 [www.huffingtonpost.fr] - I guess they could sell seated tickets behind the stage with "restricted view" but who would want these seats? Actually this [www.journaldunet.com] says Celine Dion sold 88.189 tickets...with a 360 view.

Anyway, well done to the Stones and their promoters for selling out the SDF after the 2007 fiasco. Kudos to them for having (by far) the lowest prices for GC (including VIP+Or) as well as "Carre Or". I suspect they wanted to make sure it would be a sellout!

Capacity for concerts is more than 76.000. In 2009, french singer Mylene Farmer made a 163.457 attendance for 2 shows.
And Celine Dion is far from the record of the U2 360 Tour in the Stade de France, 96.540 for one show (2010).

Date: March 30, 2014 19:59

That's why I do believe that some more tix will be available within 2 weeks time to make up to > 80,000. Register is available in Fnac and Carrefour if so.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:20

duviquet

after the concert you simply immeditaly follow the flow back to the RER station back to Paris/ no walking around, no strolling around the sdf!!!

phi

Yup in 1998 during the football World Cup some clueless tourists visited the 'hood around the stadium. They got robed in broad daylight and they ended (litterally) in underwears.

Date: March 30, 2014 20:24

duviquet
hi guys
i saw lot of mesages about where to stay and what to do , how to go to teh sdf etc.
i live in PAris downtown, always lived here and i am not a teenager anymore:
so lets keep it simple:
you take the RER to teh sdf
after the concert you simply immeditaly follow the flow back to the RER station back to PAris/ no walking around, no strolling around teh sdf!!!
Gare du Nord and then around the sdf , but mostly the gare du nord train station and tube station are a playground for pickpockets and tthey are more clever and more agile than us.
i trvael a lot by thalys and eurostar from gare du nord from business: not a single time that i dont see a pickpocket arrested!
no handbags ladies! no wallet in back ppocket of your jeans guys! the little that you need to carry to the concert, you put in the vertical front pockets of your jeans:
hotels? dont really stay around gare du nord, of course around sdf is a no go, just go a bit more downtown and depending on budget look for ibis, comfort inn, best western..; i read campanile: at best for backpackers.
i am not trying to be paranoid, i just live in this city. PAris is wonderful, if you dont know it you will enjoy: just be CAREFUL
see you all there , i will be in Pelor as we say in Paris, pelouse or!! and Landgraaf and Roskilde as well

enjoy our cailloux!
phi

Crikey I thought Brum < Birmingham > was bad.

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: March 30, 2014 20:25

Stop your paranoia.
In every big city, you have to be careful, Paris included

Date: March 30, 2014 20:33

marclaff
Stop your paranoia.
In every big city, you have to be careful, Paris included

thumbs upthumbs up

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1112131415161718192021...LastNext
Current Page: 16 of 29

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2169
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home