Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10
Re: ZURICH Switzerland 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: corvonero ()
Date: April 3, 2014 12:40

Link for the lucky dip tickets was posted with 10 minutes delay but they were really easy to get, even managed to get through two different transactions (one for me, one for a friend of mine).
The price was 60 francs, around 50 euros, guess they mistook the CHF>€ conversion since i was expecting an 75/80 francs price range to live up to the 65 euros price.
Good for us, with service i ended up paying 126 francs for two tickets with the original being sold at the starting price of 165 francs each.
Quite a bargain.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: April 3, 2014 13:17

@maradona: see postings of Sjouke and me. The answers of your questions are posted above your posting

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 13:29 by mariannerl.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: April 3, 2014 15:25

Golden Circle - Entrance C or D ? Ronnie or Keith?

I got this Information by E-Mail from Ticketcorner.ch:

"However we would like to point out that the printed Entrance C and D on the Ticket is the entrance itself (D or D) the only different. The two regions are not separated when once inside."

That would mean, that there would be no catwalk like for example in abu dhabi.

anyone knows if this Information is correct ?

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: April 3, 2014 17:38

Zurich Stehplatz available at this moment (No GC)

[www.eventim.de]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: April 3, 2014 18:09

Is there any recomendation about some cheap hostels or other places to stay in Zurich for 3 days? I'm coming on may 30 and leaving on june 2. smiling smiley

EDIT: I've found the Langstars Hostel, that seems to be one of the cheapest places to stay in Zurich, so I think I will check out this one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-03 18:49 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: April 3, 2014 18:15

mariannerl
@maradona: see postings of Sjouke and me. The answers of your questions are posted above your posting

I think I will park the car at Schaffhausen and take a train to Zurich. Should be easy to get back even after 10:30 pm according to SBB.

Date: April 3, 2014 22:55

maradona
mariannerl

I think I will park the car at Schaffhausen and take a train to Zurich. Should be easy to get back even after 10:30 pm according to SBB.

But is a sunday. Why should you park your car at Schaffhausen. No rush hour in Zurich. But of Course it is possible to get there even later.

Date: April 3, 2014 23:02

Cristiano Radtke
Is there any recomendation about some cheap hostels or other places to stay in Zurich for 3 days? I'm coming on may 30 and leaving on june 2. smiling smiley

EDIT: I've found the Langstars Hostel, that seems to be one of the cheapest places to stay in Zurich, so I think I will check out this one.

On may 31 we are about (to date) five people who will be in the area where your hostel is located. It's Rock n' Roll there. It's not quiet there. Specially at nightime. Maybe you like to send me an email. Check my account here.

Date: April 3, 2014 23:03

mariannerl
Cristiano Radtke

On may 31 we are about (to date) five people who will be in the area where your hostel is located. It's Rock n' Roll there. It's not quiet there. Specially at nightime. Maybe you like to send me an email. Check my account here.

Thanks, Marianne. I'm in a rush now, but I will e-mail you later. smileys with beer

Posted by: pokerface2k7 ()
Date: April 3, 2014 23:04

harald2002
Golden Circle - Entrance C or D ? Ronnie or Keith?

I got this Information by E-Mail from Ticketcorner.ch:

"However we would like to point out that the printed Entrance C and D on the Ticket is the entrance itself (D or D) the only different. The two regions are not separated when once inside."

That would mean, that there would be no catwalk like for example in abu dhabi.

anyone knows if this Information is correct ?

Well I don't know whether this information is correct, but the fact alone that the GC area is not separated does not necessarily have to mean that there won't be a catwalk. It could be the case that the GC area goes beyond the end of the catwalk, which would enable people in this area to walk around the catwalk from one side of it to the other. Do you know what I mean?

Date: April 4, 2014 08:12

@Cristiano. Thank you for your mail. I answerwed it.

The Langstars Hostel is also a concert place (Jazz, Punk, Ska, Folk, every evening from thursday till saturday)

As I know how the golden circle in Zurich usually looks like, I guess the theory of pokerface2k7 is possible.

Posted by: Gangster-of-love ()
Date: April 4, 2014 11:41

Christiano, check out the youth hostel, seems to be good choice for a economic accommodation in zurich.

Keep on rollin'
Gangster

Date: April 4, 2014 14:20

Gangster-of-love
Christiano, check out the youth hostel, seems to be good choice for a economic accommodation in zurich.

Thank you, but I've already booked the Langstars hostel. smileys with beer

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: April 5, 2014 11:25

Lucky Dip - Tickets for Zürich (60 CHF each) still available:

[www.ticketcorner.ch]

Thanks to socool for his Post. smileys with beer

Maybe there was a problem on 3rd April, some people got on Ticketcorner.ch the whole day the display 'currently not available'. Now it works .....

Date: April 5, 2014 13:45

Some did buy on 3rd.

Most cheapest tickets of the tour CHF 60 = EUR 50

My godson and his mother took the chance today

Thank you socool

Posted by: Anastasia60 ()
Date: April 5, 2014 20:08

Turd On The Run
Cristiano Radtke
mariannerl
Gangster-of-love
Marianne, is there any recommendation for possible a pre-show meeting of IORRians?

Would be pretty nice winking smiley

Since I am admin of Stonestreff Board some of our members would love to meet. I guess we can do that together with iorreans (some are members here and there)

I will keep you informed here

Count me in! winking smiley

Count me in too...just please let everybody know when and where the IORR people are meeting. Will anyone meet the night before the concert (Saturday)?

I booked myself into the Crown Plaza - a few meters from the Stadium. I usually stay in the "Old Town" but this time I want to just walk 2 minutes and be in front of the stage and then get out and be "home". No hassle...only rock and roll.

Hey Turd - Looking forward to seeing you again!!!
Where in "Old Town" would you recommend? This will be our first time in Zurich - We'll arrive on Thursday (to give us a couple of days to get over jet lag - don't want to fall asleep during the show) - and the Crown seems a bit out of the way for our whole stay in Zurich. I was looking at B2 Boutique Hotel - pretty cool, converted brewery, spa, 33000 book library, but it didn't look like there was much nearby (bars/restaurants).
Any help greatly appreciated!

Date: April 5, 2014 22:09

B2 Boutique Hotel is also a bit out of the way.

It is difficult for me to recommend since I never stay at Hotels. Haaarrrr.

Very exclusive is the Widder Hotel. It's on the side of the river Limmat where the shops on Bahnhofstrasse are. On this side you also find "old town" but with shops and more exclusive restaurants. It's quiet at nightime but only a short walk over the river and you are in the "Old Town"with bars and Restaurants or you could walk along the river. Really a short walk over a bridge. The main Station is not far, But I think the Hotel has no spa. The Widder Hotel is very well known.

Another one, the Hotel Storchen is bit more old style, directly on the Limmat river.

But I will ask a friend who has many friends coming to Zurich and like to stay at Boutique Hotels.

Date: April 5, 2014 22:35

Oh Anastasia60. you did ask Turd not me. Sorry.

But here a bit "Rolling Stones"

Most exclusive Hotel with a great spa is the Dolder Grand Hotel, it's one of best Hotels in Switzerland, best in Zurich, very expensive. But really far away.. on the hills. It has a "Suite 100 inspired by The Rolling Stones"

[www.thedoldergrand.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 22:39 by mariannerl.

Date: April 5, 2014 23:12

mariannerl
Oh Anastasia60. you did ask Turd not me. Sorry.

But here a bit "Rolling Stones"

Most exclusive Hotel with a great spa is the Dolder Grand Hotel, it's one of best Hotels in Switzerland, best in Zurich, very expensive. But really far away.. on the hills. It has a "Suite 100 inspired by The Rolling Stones"

[www.thedoldergrand.com]

Thanks Mariannerl! We met Turd in Frankfurt in 2007 smiling smiley Any advice from you and other IORR folks appreciated! The Dolder is a bit expensive -- I'll check out the other ones you listed!

Date: April 5, 2014 23:37

[www.florhof.ch]

Very beautiful Hotel (very good Restaurant)

Date: April 5, 2014 23:42

Florhof is in the old town, but on a quiet Corner

more romantic style.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-05 23:44 by mariannerl.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 5, 2014 23:53

Thanks for all the tips about places to stay.
I got 2 Lucky dip tix and will probably have one spare,once I know for certain in a week or two.

I'm starting to make my travel arrangements now

See you all there for my first visit to Switzerland. >grinning smiley<

Date: April 6, 2014 00:37

crawdaddy
Thanks for all the tips about places to stay.
I got 2 Lucky dip tix and will probably have one spare,once I know for certain in a week or two.

I'm starting to make my travel arrangements now

See you all there for my first visit to Switzerland. >grinning smiley<

It's my first time in Switzerland too, and it will be nice to meet some IORRians there. smileys with beer

Date: April 6, 2014 02:04

This will be our first time in Zurich as well!! IORR gatherings are amazing - makes the whole Stones concert experience that much better smileys with beer

And Mariannerl - we booked rooms at the florhof for our first 3 nights in Zurich, then on show night we are staying at the Crown Plaza...

So - what do you recommend we do for our first time in Zurich? Not hiking/biking - we are more into history, art, food.... boat trip??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 06:00 by Anastasia60.

Date: April 6, 2014 11:00

@Anastasia60..good choice!! The Kunsthaus Zurich (museum of the arts Zurich) is located in walking distance. On the front of it you will see one of the 8 sculputures "Das Höllentor"(la port de l'enfer) of Auguste Rodin. Amongst others it contains the biggest collection of swiss artist Alberto Giacometti. Sadly there is no special exhibition at that time. Cindy Sherman exhibition starts a few days later. Zurich is birth place of"Dada" Dadaismus (Cabaret Voltaire, Arp. Ball..). Very beautiful are the Chagall windows at Fraumünster Church in the old town (other side of the river).There are 50 museums and about 100 galleries.

[www.kunsthaus.ch]

[www.dzg.ch]

Maybe you like to send me an email (check my profile)

Some do visit the grave of James Joyce at Zurich Fluntern Cemetery. (and Thomas Mann in Kilchberg). But I don't know if this of interest.

Of course a boat trip on the lake or on the river (funny) is recommended or a trip on the Uetliberg (900 meters-a hill in swiss measures) mountain with good sight over the city of Zurich. But it depends on the weather. "Real" mountains you will find about 2 hours from Zurich. If the sight is clear it could be a sensation. But I would not recommend a Jungfrau excursion (too expensive, too "Disney" and too much time)

A guided city walk tour is maybe a way to learn more about history of Switzerland and Zurich.

Zurich has only 400'000 inhabitants. Why? Since 1920 the communities in the surrounding area refuse to join Zurich town. Typical swiss way, keeping as much independence as possible. Real Zurich is bigger ("Agglomeration Zurich" or "Metropolregion Zurich" about 1'100'000, Greater Zurich Area (economically depending) about 3'700'000).

Some informations for all Zurich visitors you will find here

[www.zuerich.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 11:04 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: April 7, 2014 21:52

Anastasia60
This will be our first time in Zurich as well!! IORR gatherings are amazing - makes the whole Stones concert experience that much better smileys with beer

And Mariannerl - we booked rooms at the florhof for our first 3 nights in Zurich, then on show night we are staying at the Crown Plaza...

So - what do you recommend we do for our first time in Zurich? Not hiking/biking - we are more into history, art, food.... boat trip??

Dear Anastasia,

My apologies! I have not logged in or checked the IORR Forum in over a week and I missed your posts. The Florhof is a lovely hotel...if rather expensive for a lengthy (4 days) stay such as yours. I will fly in on Saturday and stay at the Crown Plaza (as I wrote...I am in Zürich often and I would not usually stay outside of the center of town, but this concert is something special and I want to be right next door to the stadium thus the Crown Plaza is perfect for this occasion) so I am thrilled to read that you will be at the Plaza on Sunday night...fantastic! We can meet before and/or after the show. What kind of tickets do you have? I will be at the Golden Circle and if you like we can all go together to the concert from the hotel. The question is, will there be any activities with IORR members on Saturday night in Zürich?

By the way, I would have recommended the Hotel Adler or the Hotel Alexander if you wanted a nice little hotel, very reasonably priced (for Zürich, which is insanely expensive) and absolutely in the center of the old city and walking distance from EVERYTHING. They are not as up-market as the Florhof, but very nice and clean and central.

Hope to hear from you...

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 8, 2014 12:32

Dunno if these tix have been available recently,but they are now, but pricey.

Golden Circle

Posted by: skyhawk ()
Date: April 8, 2014 14:54

At this moment 13:55 CET GC tickets available: www.eventim.de

[www.eventim.de]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-08 14:55 by skyhawk.

Date: April 8, 2014 19:47

Turd On The Run
Anastasia60

Dear Anastasia,

My apologies! I have not logged in or checked the IORR Forum in over a week and I missed your posts. The Florhof is a lovely hotel...if rather expensive for a lengthy (4 days) stay such as yours. I will fly in on Saturday and stay at the Crown Plaza (as I wrote...I am in Zürich often and I would not usually stay outside of the center of town, but this concert is something special and I want to be right next door to the stadium thus the Crown Plaza is perfect for this occasion) so I am thrilled to read that you will be at the Plaza on Sunday night...fantastic! We can meet before and/or after the show. What kind of tickets do you have? I will be at the Golden Circle and if you like we can all go together to the concert from the hotel. The question is, will there be any activities with IORR members on Saturday night in Zürich?

By the way, I would have recommended the Hotel Adler or the Hotel Alexander if you wanted a nice little hotel, very reasonably priced (for Zürich, which is insanely expensive) and absolutely in the center of the old city and walking distance from EVERYTHING. They are not as up-market as the Florhof, but very nice and clean and central.

Hope to hear from you...

She asked if the B2 Boutique hotel is near to the city. It is not. Since the B2 is a 4 star hotel if thought she is looking fpr accomodation in this category, so Adler and Alexander were not in my view. But of course they are in the very center of the old city and surely nice (I don't know them since I am no tourist). Sorry for this.

Date: April 9, 2014 20:19

I'll look into the Adler and Alexander Hotels this weekend - not too late to cancel the Florhof (though it does look fabulous) and save a few bucks and be closer to the 'action'!! The first few nights will be for jet lag recovery so all we need is a really nice bed smiling smiley

We are *So* looking forward to meeting you Mariannerl and seeing Turd again!

We love people that love their towns! If you ever get to San Francisco, hopefully we can reciprocate!

Has anyone from the states received their Zurich tix yet? The website has said 'sent' for a few days now....

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 4 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home