Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10
Re: ZURICH Switzerland 2014 Rolling Stones show and travel info
Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 17:27

So, the most likely timetable..

(Stray Cat meeting point.... 2 pm)

Doors opening.... 4 pm
Support band.... 7 pm
Stones........... 8 pm
Show ending...... 10,30 pm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-27 17:36 by spain73.

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: May 27, 2014 18:18

Stray Cat Bar is informed that fans might be there from 2pm (bar opens) to 6 pm. Some earlier some later some not at all..(harr). We are different..everybody has its own wishes.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:47

Can anyone tell us what sort of weather to expect in Zurich? Thank you!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: May 27, 2014 20:53

Comfortable according to the 10 day forecast. 66 is the high and 10% chance of rain. About perfect for a relaxed concert.winking smiley Hope to bump into some fellow IORRians there. I'll be the guy screaming Silver Train repeatedly. No, just kidding.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: May 27, 2014 22:50

mariannerl
Lucky Dip pick up at "Kasse 3" starting 4 pm (not possible at all to get them earlier)

Picture ID, confirmation number and credit card (of purchase).

Yes,marianner, today I got the ticket pick up instructions ;
but what is “Kasse 3” ? I wasn't able to find it in the attachment in the e-mail;
thank you in advance

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Date: May 27, 2014 22:54

x] Ich nehme zur Kenntnis, dass die Tickets NICHT per Post zugestellt werden und erst am Vorstellungstag an der Abendkasse abgeholt werden können. Es wird erst bei der Abholung klar sein, was es für ein Ticket sein wird (Kategorie 1, Kategorie 2, Golden Circle Stehplatz, Stehplatz oder sichteingeschränkter Sitzplatz). Die Kreditkarte mit welcher die Tickets gekauft wurden sowie der Name des Bestellers muss mit dem Namen des Abholers identisch sein und per Ausweis belegt werden. Namensänderungen sind NICHT möglich!

I wasn't able to translate it , your help would be much apreciated smiling smiley

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: May 27, 2014 23:18

SwayStones
x] Ich nehme zur Kenntnis, dass die Tickets NICHT per Post zugestellt werden und erst am Vorstellungstag an der Abendkasse abgeholt werden können. Es wird erst bei der Abholung klar sein, was es für ein Ticket sein wird (Kategorie 1, Kategorie 2, Golden Circle Stehplatz, Stehplatz oder sichteingeschränkter Sitzplatz). Die Kreditkarte mit welcher die Tickets gekauft wurden sowie der Name des Bestellers muss mit dem Namen des Abholers identisch sein und per Ausweis belegt werden. Namensänderungen sind NICHT möglich!

I wasn't able to translate it , your help would be much apreciated smiling smiley

I hope this will do:

x] I have noted, that the tickets do not mail delivered and can only be collected on the day of performance at the box office. It is only when you pick up to be clear what it will be for a ticket (category 1, category 2, Golden Circle General admission, standing room or view reduced seat). The credit card with which the tickets were purchased, as well as the name of the buyer must be identical to the name of the documents and be allocated per card. Name changes are not possible!

Date: May 27, 2014 23:39

Thanks a lot,runaway ! smiling smiley

Concerning the seats (or standing places ) I was wondering why they wrote in my confirmation :

, Preiskategorie 1
Block: LUCKY DIP

Date: May 28, 2014 00:44

That's only a "categorie" call it "block lucky dip" but says nothing about where you will be inside the stadium.

On the map is "kasse 3" marked. ?? It's the will call counter 3 near Baslerstrasse right side of the stadium (or east side), clearly red marked.

Trams ar stopping on the left side (west), the bus Nr. 31 from stray cat bar stops at "Herdernstrasse" (it's the name of the station red marked on the right side), bus stops actually at Hohlstrasse (see map), turn left to Herdernstrasse going along to the stadium, and you won't miss "Kasse 3"

[www.google.ch]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-28 00:51 by mariannerl.

Date: May 28, 2014 00:59

Thank you kindly

Date: May 28, 2014 01:05

I sent you a mail with my "mail" with the map

Date: May 29, 2014 09:39

Kasse 3 (will call call counter) is open from 4 pm to 8 pm. My friends and family will pick up late 6.30 or 7 pm after Stray Cat Bar. We are about 10 people.

weather 20-22 (bit cool in the evening)
sun on saturday, sun and clouds on sunday, rain possible but mostly in the alps (Zurich is not in the alps...harrr)

On saturday evening some of us will eat at Johanniter Restaurant in the old town. We had to choose this restaurant (a bit touristic) since we are 10 people (including IORREANS austrianstones and Cristiano "StonesPlanetBrazil") and on a saturday not every restaurants accepts reservations because they have enough guests without us. We are there at 7.15 pm (I know it's early but some travelled and are hungry by then), 7 pm is meeting point on tram station "Central" under the roof. Around 7 it's surely possible to go to Johanniter spontaneous and get a table without reservation. We would love to see you all there.

I did not post it here before because it's not possible to fulfill all wishes (near to a hotel, time, bla bla). I did offer you earlier in this thread to contact me by mail. And those people did. You know not everything can be handed on a silver platter. Proactivity is always nice you know. So if you really are sure, please send me an email (in my profile) till saturday morning (Anastasia60?) and I try to expand reservation. Posting it here is not enough. I am one of the admins of Stonestreff which is the biggest german speaking board (138'000 postings) and I am very busy at the moment. At least bv surely has some understanding.

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 10:10 by mariannerl.

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 11:05

There are still tons of tickets (FOS) on ebay. Is Zurich selling so poor?

Date: May 29, 2014 11:41

jjf1965
There are still tons of tickets (FOS) on ebay. Is Zurich selling so poor?

Too expensive even for swiss. There was a discussion in a newspaper most concerts sell poor. Since about 2-3 years prizes got increased heavy. Before it was even cheaper than in Germany here. But swiss people feel "scalped" and say "ok we don't buy". Now they had to reduce prizes for concerts

Date: May 29, 2014 15:15

Well... the most important question....

Any rnr bar or club in Old Town or nearby?

Thanks !

Date: May 29, 2014 16:26

mariannerl
To stay in the old town is the touristic way. Some prefer Zurich-West where the clubs are but at daytime it's not so interesting there. BUt there are the Ibis Zürich West(not Messe!!) and Novotel, specially for people who don't stay longer than one night in Zurich, it's not so far away from the Stadium. And there is a train Connection from the Airport to Bahnhof Hardbrücke Station.

I am born here in Zurich und live here, I prefer the red light district (Langstrasse) to go out (am mix of red light people and "ordinary workers" and "hipsters" and "junkies"and people like me), but I would not recommend many hotels there because you never know if it's really only for "sleeping", but if I would like to be there, I recommend the Rothaus Hotel. Bus Nr. 31 from main station to Militär/Langstrasse.. and the same bus brings you near to the stadium (on the backside of it¨and a short walk from it).

As I explained, the Old Town is more the touristic way. I don't know the scene in the old town anymore since I am not going out there. We start there for dinner because it's a good meeting point.

We are going to Langstrasse (district 4 of Zurich), a mix of red light district and hipster scene with yes..hipsters, junkies, hookers, stuffy old men, stonesfans and others.

Most clubs are in Zurich West not in the old town. But there are plenty of bars in the Old Town. You can try Züri Bar, Kontiki, Safari Bar, Gräbli (after midnight) and others. Pubs.. or But these are bars not clubs, and no live music, maybe from time to time. I don't know.

Date: May 29, 2014 16:41

" We are going to Langstrasse (district 4 of Zurich), a mix of red light district and hipster scene with yes..hipsters, junkies, hookers, stonesfans and others."

It seems you know who I am ....smileys with beer

Date: May 29, 2014 16:56

spain73
" We are going to Langstrasse (district 4 of Zurich), a mix of red light district and hipster scene with yes..hipsters, junkies, hookers, stonesfans and others."

It seems you know who I am ....smileys with beer

The reason we go there is not a live club .. it's r&r without thatsmileys with beer I hope we can sit outside (jacket.. coat is better) in front of piranha bar and watch what's going on.. better bring your ID with you.

"famous" stray cat bar is also there in this area.

Kinski Club has a smoking section inside in the bar and sometimes live music but on this saturday Dance Hall and Hiphop.

From Central or Zürich Hauptbahnhof (Main Station) with bus Nr. 31 to Militär/Langstrasse (same way like for the preparty). But not too early in the evening.

We walk and see where to be. Hopefully a few stones shirts to see there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-29 16:58 by mariannerl.

Posted by: Eintracht ()
Date: May 29, 2014 17:15

This will be my Stones concert nr. 19. I am so exicited about it because sunday will be my birthday and I will attend a Stones Show! Will be GC at Ronnie side. If you see me saturday at the old btown or at the concert I will be the guy using a blue clutch. Best regards from Munich!

Posted by: lenurb ()
Date: May 29, 2014 20:01

As Zurich is so close to Nice, why not Bill Wyman as in London Nov 2012?

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: May 29, 2014 21:05

Had to sell 2 tix for Berlin because I will be busy. Now I got 2 FOS for 260 €. So exited ...

Posted by: thomas guitar ()
Date: May 29, 2014 22:07

It will be my first time in Zürich and first show in Switzerland.

So, Sunday it´s Ronnie´s birthday. I have a FOS ticket Ronnie´s side.

Hope they will got a warm welcome. Last time i was at a birthday show, was at Charlie´s Munich June 2, 1990.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: May 30, 2014 14:13

Seems like the Crown Plaza hotel is on walking distance from the venue.

Date: May 30, 2014 15:16

Yes it is. Ramada City also

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: May 30, 2014 16:09

How high is the risk of traffic jams on the highways around Zurich on sundays? And are there currently any road works to be taken into account?
I'm coming from the north and will probably park my car at Messe Parkhaus, taking a train to the stadium afterwards.
Thanks in advance!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:29

A Headline in a Zurich paper:

Rolling Stones concert not sold out

[www.tagesanzeiger.ch]

Tickets available at ticketcorner.ch

Posted by: pokerface2k7 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:51

So if you're arriving by car, where would you say is the best place to park the car? Apparently it's not a good idea to try and park near the venue. So are there any public parking lots, parking garages etc. near the stadium?

what to do in ZURICH
Posted by: guitarbastard ()
Date: May 31, 2014 10:16

since it would get lost in the "zurich travel info thread" i started a new one.

i checked out the best places in my little city for the last 40 years. and for those who arrive today or stay longer i just wanna give you some ideas what to do.

touristc stuff & shopping:

in the side-streets of langstrasse , the so called redlight district, you find alot of nice shops, little parks and the flea-market on helvetiaplatz.

a walk around the lake-side is always nice. the view is terrific and you see the snow-mountains. it's still cold but you can swim in the lake and even drink the water!

walk through the old town form bellevue to central or check out the view from "lindenhof". the place where over 2000 years ago the romans settled down.

rent a pedalo on the lake.

go to the top of the uetliberg and walk down (30-40 minutes), terrific view!

bars

rock oriented bars, all at or around langstrasse:

matahari (nice tiki-bar with good muscic)
acapulco (you can sit outside)
kinski (with smoking lounge, in the style of an old opium den)
sansibar (rock a billy music and cheep drinks)
bar 63 (for rum lovers)

restaurants:

italian food: "cinque", very cool looking napels-style restaurant. good food
indian: "kobalt", cute little place with an nice owner
asian: lilys at langstrasse. asian-fast-food but really good quality.
tipical swiss food: gambrinus or aargauerhof, both at langstrasse.

classic and a bit more expensive: kronnenhalle at bellevue (it also has a really nice and classy bar)

enjoy the stones in the little big city!

Re: what to do in ZURICH
Posted by: rocknola ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:02

Thanks for info. We arrived in Zurich late yesterday.

Re: what to do in ZURICH
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2014 11:06

Wait, window shopping district, where?

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 7 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1992
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home