Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Tasteless Discussions and Comments
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 20, 2014 17:22

kleermaker
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
kleerie, of course, is made of steel. He never even raises an eyebrow when a poster criticises Taylor winking smiley

kleerie is certainly made of steel.

But whilst not always sharp, or stainless, or even magnetic, he's a man of true metal.

Not saying he's robotic, or that his posts are robotic though.

Underneath that armor, it's kleer there is a heart somewhere.

nanosurgeons are at work at this very moment endeavouring to locate it.

I can assure you there's somewhere a heart beating. A heart of stone of course.

thanks, appreciate the klarity on that!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 20, 2014 17:27

That RIP-thread is a hotbed. I was called a troll there twice today. I leave that thread to the grievers now.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 20, 2014 17:45

Stoneage
That RIP-thread is a hotbed. I was called a troll there twice today. I leave that thread to the grievers now.

I've pulled 2 or 3 good people from its newbie infested waters...I'm exhausted and hope the best for those that remain...

Posted by: Bellajane ()
Date: March 20, 2014 17:45

Stoneage

It's crazy how this woman's tragic death has caused such an uproar of negative and inflammatory comments. Not exactly sure I understand why.

Date: March 20, 2014 18:26

Munichhilton
Stoneage

I've pulled 2 or 3 good people from its newbie infested waters...I'm exhausted and hope the best for those that remain...

Make yourself a sandwich and get back in there!

Date: March 20, 2014 18:33

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:40 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 20, 2014 19:09

I'd put it more like this:

A tragic and unexpected death occured in the Rolling Stones camp and people are interested in
discussing that, not surprisingly.

Emotions are running high, which doesn't necessarily bring out the best in everyone.
I still like to believe most people are coming from a sincere place. Really, when it comes
down to it, when the rhetoric is removed, I suspect we agree more than we disagree.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-20 19:10 by angee.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: March 20, 2014 20:22

angee

A tragic and unexpected death occured in the Rolling Stones camp and people are interested in

Emotions are running high, which doesn't necessarily bring out the best in everyone.
I still like to believe most people are coming from a sincere place. Really, when it comes
down to it, when the rhetoric is removed, I suspect we agree more than we disagree.

That's a good point. Like I told yesterday (on a now-deleted thread about Cindy), these are hard times for everybody, and I think we should cool it down for a while. Everyone of us has its own troubles in real life, and nobody here needs bad vibes coming from people we like to talk with almost everyday. smiling smiley

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 21, 2014 05:11

DandelionPowderman
Bellajane
Stoneage

It's crazy how this woman's tragic death has caused such an uproar of negative and inflammatory comments. Not exactly sure I understand why.

When people bring up gossip and hearsay and start speculating whether Mick was responsible for this tragic death, minutes after it became public news, there will be some reactions.

That's why, it's as simple as that smiling smiley

no it's as simple as this : we can all gossip about any celebrity on this board EXCEPT any of The Stones.
The Stones are off limits...well that's bv's rules.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:02

Eleanor Rigby
DandelionPowderman
Bellajane
Stoneage

When people bring up gossip and hearsay and start speculating whether Mick was responsible for this tragic death, minutes after it became public news, there will be some reactions.

That's why, it's as simple as that smiling smiley

no it's as simple as this : we can all gossip about any celebrity on this board EXCEPT any of The Stones.
The Stones are off limits...well that's bv's rules.

yeah, it's not as if the stones haven't attempted at courting controversy at various times in their past. no, no they're all keith richards-type choir boys. come on, let's not act as if the band is wet behind the ears when it comes to tragic events-otherwise you insult your own intelligence as much as mine.

i love the band, and feel that from what i heard on the various posts that the Rolling Stones were on fire down-under. However, one of, if not the biggest celebrity bacherlor's gf consciously ends her life and we're supposed ignore the aspects?

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:29

Bellajane
Stoneage

yes, all, a hotbed & I'm reading this 1st before I go back in there with something juicy (and saddening) reported on National US TV today.....sad smiley

Posted by: BlackHat ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:51

It is by far from clear what is and what isn't allowed.I once posted a thread pointing out that the lyrics for You Got Me Rocking seem to be strongly based on When Love Comes To Town by U2 (I mean you check that one out). And the thread was shut down. I mean like am I the first to have noticed?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 21, 2014 07:55

....eeeerrr well I've never allowed U2 anywhere near my stereo so I kinda get it .......

ROCKMAN

Date: March 21, 2014 08:16

I feel bad for you, Rockman. I bet you were looking forward to these two weeks in late March and early April? And then this happens.

Posted by: Grichka ()
Date: March 21, 2014 08:17

Rockman
....eeeerrr well I've never allowed U2 anywhere near my stereo so I kinda get it .......

Hahaha, fully agree with that one!!!

Date: March 21, 2014 10:22

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:39 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 21, 2014 15:50

DandelionPowderman

You better stick to the Mick Taylor related threads Dandie. cool smiley

Date: March 21, 2014 15:52

DandelionPowderman

Quiter

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: March 21, 2014 16:35

kleermaker
DandelionPowderman

You better stick to the Mick Taylor related threads Dandie. cool smiley

Yep kleerie made out of steel, dandie water ? :-)
Blow away dandelion ;-)

Date: March 21, 2014 16:36

Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

Quiter

also a quitter.

Date: March 21, 2014 16:44

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

Quiter

also a quitter.

I'm saving that t for later

Date: March 21, 2014 16:49

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

Quiter

also a quitter.

I'd suggest some nice biscuits to go with it.

Alternatively, fava beans and a nice chianti would also work.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: March 21, 2014 17:00

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
DandelionPowderman

Quiter

also a quitter.

I'd suggest some nice biscuits to go with it.

Alternatively, fava beans and a nice chianti would also work.

fava beans and a nice chianti would also work

oh that always brings a "yum!"

Posted by: SPellegrino ()
Date: March 21, 2014 17:10

DandelionPowderman

Let the exodus begin

Date: March 21, 2014 18:28

DandelionPowderman

Don't give up buddy!

Salaciousness has ruled the week here, but things will right themselves over the coming weeks.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 21, 2014 18:44

angee

I've no evidence for this, but I feel that these events have crystallised tensions in the Stones fan community that have been developing for quite some time around a bunch of issues, everything from ticket prices, setlists and Mick Taylor vs Ronnie Wood to whether the band is in any way relevant anymore. It's this clash between the abstraction of rock'n'roll fantasy and a very real human tragedy that's produced a lot of the drama on this board over the past week.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 21, 2014 19:05

Stoneburst
angee

I've no evidence for this, but I feel that these events have crystallised tensions in the Stones fan community that have been developing for quite some time around a bunch of issues, everything from ticket prices, setlists and Mick Taylor vs Ronnie Wood to whether the band is in any way relevant anymore. It's this clash between the abstraction of rock'n'roll fantasy and a very real human tragedy that's produced a lot of the drama on this board over the past week.

I can't see any relation between all the noise in the thread I don't post in and Taylor's (lack of) participation, let alone the Taylor vs. Wood subject. I'm one of the posters who is disappointed to a certain degree about Taylor's extremely limited participation opposed to his rehearsal participation, but I didn't say anything about what has happened a few days ago and what's behind it. I also don't understand all the drama and personal outbursts here, though it was fascinating to follow. The only interesting and useful thread imo was the one about personal experiences with depression and suicide. It was also a thread wherein people showed much respect, empathy and compassion. But the personal thing, disconnected from Stones related containment, is seemingly not allowed on Iorr, considering the rules.

As for the thread title: tasteless or not tasteless is a matter of personal taste. It's not an objective thing, although some posters tried to make us believe that.

Date: March 21, 2014 19:15

Tasteless discussions and comments. Finally a thread where one can feel at home!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:39

Stoneburst, good point on fantasy clashing with reality-->conflicts intensified.
Provocative, and very insightful, could well be.

kleermaker, true, subjective to the max.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1916
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home