Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Tasteless Discussions and Comments
Posted by: FarEastMan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:08

I am absolutely smashed and disgusted about so many comments, discussions and speculations caused by the postponing of the Australian and New Zealand concertdates. Shamelessly to over all boundaries !!
It seems absolutely logic to me that under these tragic and sad circumstances a performance is not possible and if they would go on, it would be only a grotesque and bizarre act and it would be far away from a Rolling Stones concert.
It is of course very sad and more than uncomfortable for fans from all over the world who have planned a long journey since without a travel insurance the money is gone.
But all the band needs now is understanding and loyalty.
So... Dear Rolling Stones Fans - please be patient
and let the band and agencies sort things out. When the time is right again, we will be there with all of our support.
And to all 'gossip aunties': just shut up and hide somewhere.

Re: Tasteless Discussions and Comments
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:19

well said !

Tasteless Discussions and Comments...
Date: March 19, 2014 09:21

...nothing to add! You wrote what I thought the last days...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:24

This will be discussed in all sorts of media all over the world. Except on this Rolling Stones forum where we are supposed to shut up about it? Come on...

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:37

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:24

This will be discussed in all sorts of media all over the world. Except on this Rolling Stones forum where we are supposed to shut up about it? Come on...

Um, yes.
If anyone should shut up, and be supportive and let L'Wren rest in peace and let Mick be at peace without people dissecting the situation and trying to guess what happened, yes, this is the one place that it would be nice if all that BS was not discussed.

Show the same support for Mick that the band and his inner circle is obviously showing him, and the same support that anyone deserves when something so devastating happens to someone you spent 13 years with. Seriously, just stop everyone, and give it time....

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:40

Yes, yes, FarEastMan, agree, no need for tasteless in view of a personal tragedy for the lead singer. The Stones will again surface ready to play, this too shall pass. And when they do, hang on to your arses with both hands!!! Hopefully all disappointed fans who've traversed far will find amusement in all Australia & NZ has to offer. Wish I could go there! winking smiley

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 09:46

Don't mix the gossipy stupd remarks or tasteless coments on L'Wren passing with the frustration of a fan that spend his hard earn money on traveling half the world to fallow the band of which hi/her is a loyal fan and that surely grieves for Mick for his loss. This are two different things.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:47

leteyer
Don't mix the gossipy stupd remarks or tasteless coments on L'Wren passing with the frustration of a fan that spend his hard earn money on traveling half the world to fallow the band of which hi/her is a loyal fan and that surely grieves for Mick for his loss. This are two different things.
Fully sympathize with fans of limited means who traveled far for the show but still have compassion for Mick's personal loss. No winners here. sad smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: March 19, 2014 12:14

Thanks for adding yet another thread.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:35

FarEastMan
I am absolutely smashed and disgusted about so many comments, discussions and speculations caused by the postponing of the Australian and New Zealand concertdates. Shamelessly to over all boundaries !!
It seems absolutely logic to me that under these tragic and sad circumstances a performance is not possible and if they would go on, it would be only a grotesque and bizarre act and it would be far away from a Rolling Stones concert.
It is of course very sad and more than uncomfortable for fans from all over the world who have planned a long journey since without a travel insurance the money is gone.
and let the band and agencies sort things out. When the time is right again, we will be there with all of our support.

Is that "smashed" of Cirencester or "disgusted" of Dagenham? I'm surprised you didn't start your piece with "I for one............."

First, why shouldn't people "discuss, comment & speculate" about an event that's ripples effect us all?

Second, I haven't read one comment that suggests the tour should go on or one complaint that it's not so your comment here is surely completely superfluous.

As for gossip, gossip is just a term for communication. Gossip is only harmful when things are said that are derogatory and without foundation.
Again, even taking in to account all the threads and comments that have been deleted, I haven't read one thing that comes into this category - alright, I haven't read every single comment I'm sure - but the way you put it, it's everywhere...........imo everybody, including those deleted seem to have had one motive, to make sense of, in their own way, this terrible event, which Mick himself has said he's struggling to make sense of.

You just seem to be stirring stuff up for the sake of it......yawning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 13:51 by EddieByword.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:59

EddieByword
FarEastMan

Is that "smashed" of Cirencester or "disgusted" of Dagenham? I'm surprised you didn't start your piece with "I for one............."

First, why shouldn't people "discuss, comment & speculate" about an event that's ripples effect us all?

Second, I haven't read one comment that suggests the tour should go on or one complaint that it's not so your comment here is surely completely superfluous.

As for gossip, gossip is just a term for communication. Gossip is only harmful when things are said that are derogatory and without foundation.
Again, even taking in to account all the threads and comments that have been deleted, I haven't read one thing that comes into this category - alright, I haven't read every single comment I'm sure - but the way you put it, it's everywhere...........imo everybody, including those deleted seem to have had one motive, to make sense of, in their own way, this terrible event, which Mick himself has said he's struggling to make sense of.

You just seem to be stirring stuff up for the sake of it......yawning smiley

Well said

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:03

Thanks

Date: March 19, 2014 14:48

It seems that some people do NOT understand at all.
And it was never my intention to offend anybody.
Further I really understand the frustration of some ticketholders...
In 2003 it I was already in the Impact Arena Bangkok when I got the message that the show will not happen and I had to make my way back to the hotel. But I tried to understand instead of using the IORR Forum and publish my frustration and anger. I did it alone in my hotelroom. This a Stones Forum and might be checked occasionally bv some member of the band.
The band and Mick need NOW some most positive support !
As we get older and hopefully wiser, this is not the place/forum to post your frustrations now.
The circumstances and reasons are unexpected and sad and tragic.
Let me say again.... YOU WILL HAVE THE STONES AGAIN, later and in good shape.
But for NOW, please give them time.

Date: March 19, 2014 14:50

In 2003 I was already in the Impact Arena Bangkok when I got the message that the show will not happen and I had to make my way back to the hotel. But I tried to understand instead of using the IORR Forum and publish my frustration and anger. I did it alone in my hotelroom. This a Stones Forum and might be checked occasionally by some member of the band.
As we get older and hopefully wiser, this is not the place/forum to post your frustrations now.

Posted by: sodapop ()
Date: March 19, 2014 15:38

FarEastMan
In 2003 it I was already in the Impact Arena Bangkok when I got the message that the show will not happen and I had to make my way back to the hotel. But I tried to understand instead of using the IORR Forum and publish my frustration and anger. I did it alone in my hotelroom. This a Stones Forum and might be checked occasionally bv some member of the band.

You really think a member of the Stones reads this?.....please.....

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:46

I agree that none of us here have any right to express our opinions about something that we are not close to and don't really know. We are fans not family, not close friends, and certainly not experts. Some of the comments I have read have been downright cold and self centered. Please pay your respects and let it rest so that those truly close to the situation can deal with it. This was a tragic event not a planed action to get out of tour dates so try to put yourself in the shoes of those who have to deal with this loss. As far as if anyone from the band reads this it doesn't matter but if they did I think they would be shocked by some of the comments made by those who should be supportive at this time. Please read over your comments before you post them and put yourself in the position of those you are commenting about before you hit the post button. We all have opinions but sometimes they should be kept to ourselves. Just show respect people.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:55

mighty stork
I agree that none of us here have any right to express our opinions about something that we are not close to and don't really know. We are fans not family, not close friends, and certainly not experts. Some of the comments I have read have been downright cold and self centered. Please pay your respects and let it rest so that those truly close to the situation can deal with it. This was a tragic event not a planed action to get out of tour dates so try to put yourself in the shoes of those who have to deal with this loss. As far as if anyone from the band reads this it doesn't matter but if they did I think they would be shocked by some of the comments made by those who should be supportive at this time. Please read over your comments before you post them and put yourself in the position of those you are commenting about before you hit the post button. We all have opinions but sometimes they should be kept to ourselves. Just show respect people.

O well, here's another one who thinks he's morally better than others, killing every useful discussion, nipping every interaction between others in the bud.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 17:59

FarEastMan
In 2003 I was already in the Impact Arena Bangkok when I got the message that the show will not happen and I had to make my way back to the hotel. But I tried to understand instead of using the IORR Forum and publish my frustration and anger. I did it alone in my hotelroom. This a Stones Forum and might be checked occasionally by some member of the band.

Stop telling other people what to do.

Mick lives his life in the public. What has been published elsewhere . . . all the reports of the split, etc. etc. no need for me to repeat them here, are a matter of record. How many of the posters here are PR agents hired by the Stones? I understand those people saying everyone else should keep quiet and let their spin control all the discussion --- I can't understand a fan taking that position.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:02

mighty stork
I agree that none of us here have any right to express our opinions about something that we are not close to and don't really know.

What do you mean by "here"? Where I live, we have the right to have and express opinions. Maybe you live in the Crimea or someplace where you are told what opinions you may legitimately hold and express.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:06

Koen
Thanks for adding yet another thread.

Agreed...seems a bit tasteless to add to the quagmire.

Date: March 19, 2014 18:14

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:21

kleermaker
O well, here's another one who thinks he's morally better than others, killing every useful discussion, nipping every interaction between others in the bud.

Kleerie, come on, I like you and you're better than this.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:38

kleermaker
mighty stork

No one I think is showing a 'moral superiority'. If someone if feeling morally inferior, that really isn't the responsibility of anyone else.

On the other hand, you do say killing every 'useful discussion'.

I don't think anyone has a problem with useful discussions.

Even within that realm though, showing a bit of restraint and dignity is kleerly not a negative thing.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:46

I think erring on the side of free speech is always best. Those who make insensitive or foolish comments will be shown for who they are. Better this than censorship or self-censorship, which in my opinion is too prevelant here. Let people express themselves and discuss and debate, and let the chips fall where they may.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:48

71Tele
I think erring on the side of free speech is always best. Those who make insensitive or foolish comments will be shown for who they are. Better this than censorship or self-censorship, which in my opinion is too prevelant here. Let people express themselves and discuss and debate, and let the chips fall where they may.

+1

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:49

71Tele

Agree with you. I think the only thing was moving that debate out of the condolences thread, which CindyC eventually did.

Unfortunately that 'free debate' completely went off the rails but it did serve it's purpose, and the chips did fall where they may.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 19, 2014 18:52

treaclefingers
71Tele

Agree with you. I think the only thing was moving that debate out of the condolences thread, which CindyC eventually did.

Unfortunately that 'free debate' completely went off the rails but it did serve it's purpose, and the chips did fall where they may.

Exactly.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 19, 2014 19:19

latebloomer
71Tele

+1

Exactly.

Date: March 19, 2014 19:22

EDIT: I give up. Pollute this board with gossip and speculations from rags - as much as you like. I'm outta here...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 14:42 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 19, 2014 19:29

Huh, this place is getting out of hand big time. But it is also true that the issue we are dealing with now is something more seriousĀ“and tragical we have ever seen in the history of IORR. It is not any longer that of arguing over if VOODOO LOUNGE is a great album or not, or if the Stones are any good since Taylor left them, etc. The realm of aesthetical judgments had shifted to the realm of morality, and the opinions just getting stronger and stronger. The notion of what is appropriate to say or not has find its place in the category of old favourites, such as 'complaining', directed to dictate the course of conversation. The other term to describe what is going on is that of 'moralism': people are using their own moral standards and common sense in judging others and their opinions or habits of expressing themselves. Someone is even suggesting the moderator to shut the place for some time - an ultimate moralistic demand.

Those who think that they are in a position to say what is the right procedure to do, and thereby dictate the doings of the others, are not really seeing the situation in its complexity, or are just blind to the diversity of human mind in coping in situations like this. The moderator of this site has a duty to do that, but - let's be adults - it is a task impossible. The result is a desperate series of arbitrary choices, banning people here and there, editing posts, removing and replacing threads... All too much for one human being, no matter how much he tries and has a good intent. The army of wanna-be moderators won't do the task any easier, since those damn intuitions of ours vary from one person to other.

Unfortunately the recent tragedy just brings the worst of the tendencies that have been lurking lately to upfront. One does not need to be any fortune teller to see into where this all will lead - like the moderator have hinted occasionally. I have always thought that that day will come when there is no Stones tour activities any longer in future to be seen (most likely by the end of this year) but it could be that the day is much nearer.

This post was not directed to the author of this thread, but just a general observation and remark from one IORR contributor eho has not been too happy in wittnessing the recent developments here.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-19 19:34 by Doxa.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1882
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home