Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Death of Keiths Son(1977)
Date: March 18, 2014 23:57

Am i wrong in stating that band played/recorded a few of the tracks to love you live the week(and possible day of) Keiths infant son dying?

.....keep on rolling.....

Re: Death of Keiths Son(1977)
Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:03

...around 6 june 1976 in Paris.....

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:08

And...
Lwren is different. Im not minimizing the death of an infant in any way - we all know how sad and painful that is..
But the sudden (alleged) suicide of your partner, lover, friend, whatever - is a different kind of tragedy. Im glad they cancelled the tour.
Bravo to Keith, Charlie, Ronnie for supporting Mick during this time.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:09

Yes, exactly, just waiting for this post, and this was the best show Keith ever did.

Date: March 19, 2014 00:15

was not my intent to compare the two....sorry if that offended anyone....with that being said....You can always get what you want was put on love you live....i think keith said it was one of the most passionate recordings of that song ever

Posted by: stupidguy2 ()
Date: March 19, 2014 00:30

You Got to Roll Me
was not my intent to compare the two....sorry if that offended anyone....with that being said....You can always get what you want was put on love you live....i think keith said it was one of the most passionate recordings of that song ever

I might have commented too soon...
there was a thought after I posted that you may not have meant it as disrespectful, because there are those who will and have expressed that attitude:
"The Stones need to move on...they have a responsibility to fans ..'etc..
I apologize if I misinterpreted your comment as such.

Date: March 19, 2014 01:49

appreciate that, no offense taken i just wanted to clarify ya know

Posted by: thecitadel ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:06

And at that time Keith was taking stuff that de-sentisied some emotions - at least until he eased off.

From interviews later I remember he remained in terrible pain

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 19, 2014 10:09

Mick went onstage in 2006 to perform 4 hours after his dad had died.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:57

mtaylor
Mick went onstage in 2006 to perform 4 hours after his dad had died.
Its very different if you know your father is sick for awhile. And also, they are older. At Mick's age, you kind of see that coming at some point. I can absolutely see him performing after hearing that news, 1. because its probably a very helpful release, and 2. because from a father/son perspective, its probably one of those situations where a son is thinking this is what his father would have wanted. I think they are completely different scenarios.

Yes, I would say the Keith and his son thing is a more comparable, but that was also the 70s, which meant alot. As mentioned, Keith was not completely in the right state of mind, and they were all also much much younger and probably worried about different things than they would be at their current age. If that happened today, you can be assured Keith would act much differently.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home