Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Randy Whore
Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: March 19, 2014 13:25

Giving this track a spin again & damn! What a great groove & hook!

How 'Randy Whore' & 'Zip Mouth Angel' didn't make it on 'Voodoo' is beyond me.

This is what I love about The Stones music, songs like these, that arnt typical sounding 'Stonsey' songs, that makes them sound all the more like the Stones! Instead of some rework'd riff.

The beauty of their music is in the originality of tracks like these.

For me, Mach III starts w/ 'Steel Wheels', to where we are now. It's late period Rolling Stones, so underrated & overlooked, it's amazing.

I'm not saying EVERY latter day track is brilliant, but there are some outstanding top notch songs.

'Bridges to Baylon' is a 4 star classic to me. The freshness of the playing, the riffs, the different approach, they pulled it off in spades.

I wish they would have approached 'Voodoo' like this!

'A Bigger Bang' took a long, long time to get worked in my head.

But here it is, Mick & Keith sitting in the same room writing songs, just like everyone wants...they do 'it' and pple are still not satisfied! Fans!?

Anyway, a lot of great work of sounds are buried in there. 'Back of my Hand',
'This place is Empty', 'Under the Radar' (b-side),etc...have the demos ever made it out yet? 'Ever changing World', 'Precious Lips' ..??

So far as what was left in the can & song selections, why some tracks are left off in favors of others idk?

Maybe it's because it's business. Repeating the same formula that has proven successful as a business model over and over again. I'd like to NOT see Was on the credits if there is ever another album. If its made I'm sure it'll be overlooked & compared to 'Some Girls', again.

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Re: Randy Whore
Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 19, 2014 14:01

I'm glad someone likes that stuff.. But to hold it up to comparison with the greatest body of work in Rock n Roll? Forget it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1708
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home