Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 36 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:45

illyad
Does anyone think jagger will do a tribute song to lwren like he dedicated "wild horses" to the victims of sandy hook?

That's not going to happen.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:46

Stoneburst
kleermaker
Bliss

Clearly it upsets and offends you both to hear views on this topic so very different from your own, but really the only way to avoid that on the internet is to refrain from turning on your computer.

My first and in principle last post in this thread:

I wonder why people get so upset by this subject and by views they don't agree with. As if some people identify themselves with an imaginary Mick Jagger or feel the need to defend their Hero until their dying breath. It's really intriguing, just like Doxa's feeling "it has been a very tough week for all of us" and his observation "there have been a lot of emotions causing bad rhetorics, nnon-typical behavior and tension here."

Yesterday I took a look at the Dutch Stonesforum after months and of course this subject is being discussed there too, but in a totally different atmosphere, despite the fact that also there are different reactions and opinions.

Anyway, like every suicide, obviously committed in utter despair and pain, this one is of course a tragedy too and a very sad thing as well. Life is so precious and fragile, but it can also be experienced as hell and felt as unbearable. Trying to make the best of it is all we can do, knowing that we often fail because we're human.

Kleerie, this is an excellent post and - although I haven't agreed with other things you've posted this week, nor you with my contributions - you basically say here what I have been trying to. Thank you.

I don't want to make you post again in this thread if you don't want to, but, out of interest, what is the atmosphere on the Dutch forum like?

Can't remember the disagreement between us (the more so because I didn't say anything about the tragedy itself), but when you say so I naturally believe you.

The atmosphere on the Dutch forum as I've felt was respectful, sober, liberal, no waving index fingers, no moralizing, no personal attacks and certainly not a lot of emotions causing bad rhetoric, non-typical behaviour and tension and of course no ban of any member or deleted thread(s).

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:18

kleermaker

The atmosphere on the Dutch forum as I've felt was respectful, sober, liberal, no waving index fingers, no moralizing, no personal attacks and certainly not a lot of emotions causing bad rhetoric, non-typical behaviour and tension and of course no ban of any member or deleted thread(s).

Well heckfire...wheres the fun in that?

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 22, 2014 02:20

I think I'll give learning Dutch another try. winking smiley Proost!

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: March 22, 2014 03:00

Funeral will take place on the west coast, not in NYC:

[pagesix.com]

*If this is here somewhere already, kindly forgive*

Posted by: HEILOOBAAS ()
Date: March 22, 2014 04:28

I haven't bothered to read the rest of the posts. This incident, however personal and saddening, will not affect the tour. Millions, maybe billions of £ have changed hands. And Mick is a professional. He'll not even mention it onstage is what I think. It's personal. But the personal strength to carry on is aided by his oldest and closest friends, Keith and Charlie. Depression kills. I know. I speak from the knowledge of having two unsuccessful suicide attempts under my belt. There will NOT be a third.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: March 22, 2014 07:25

EDIT: Started a new thread about this (the plane used in '72 as depicted in HEILOOBAAS's signature line), as I didn't want to divert the conversation in this thread away from its original intent, which is condolences, etc., for L'Wren and Mick, etc.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 07:48 by rocker1.

Date: March 22, 2014 08:26

gotdablouse
It seems there's a bit more to the financial situation as well, from [radaronline.com]

A spokesperson for L’Wren Scott:

The figures quoted in the media regarding the financial status of LS Fashion Limited are not only highly misleading and inaccurate but also extremely hurtful and disrespectful to the memory of L’Wren Scott.

Ms. Scott was considering a re-structure of her global business. The L’Wren Scott business consists of a wholesale business of ready-to-wear women’s wear, a bespoke Couture business for private clients, a licensing business, Ms. Scott’s globally recognized work as a Fashion Consultant and stylist and her collaborations such as her recent collection for Banana Republic. Her business overall was only seven years old and although some areas of the business had not yet reached their potential other parts of her business were proving successful. As a private business, details of income and turnover are not publicly disclosed, however it can be said that the long-term prospects for the business were encouraging. Ms. Scott was very focused on doing what was right for her global business and for the support of her team.

In terms of figures shown at Companies House in the UK. The parent company of LS Fashion Limited based in America had made a standard loan investment to the UK subsidiary. LS Fashion Limited is fully able to meet the company’s liabilities and pay all suppliers and customers.

The L’Wren Scott team today said:

“We have lost a great friend and an inspiring leader. We are grieving privately and whilst we appreciate the incredible tributes that have been paid in the media by those who knew L’Wren, we strongly object to some of the media’s intrusion into issues that are not only untrue and misleading but also distract from remembering and celebrating her life – the life of a successful, talented, kind, generous and extraordinary woman. We ask that our privacy and that of L’Wren’s family and close friends be respected at this difficult time.”

No further statement will be made for the time being.

IMO THIS report is a very important information. Her financial situation was made up in the press - it is not that unusual I think that you have financial debts especially in this business - it was all about "Shame -Why didn´t Mick help her out" etc...same with the story he did break up with her....media stuff.....

As rollingon stated she was a very ambitious person and I do not think she wanted to control anybody (especially not Mick) I mean, Mick wouldn´t be together with her for such a long time if she was like that...

But ambitious persons often suffer from depression if something doesn´t succeed the way they supposed to....and little things that go wrong can be too much.

She was NOT allowed to go on tour ???
That´s so ridiculous to think - may be it just didn´t fit in for her, with all her business affairs to deal. May be she had a hard time and couldn´t cope with it any more, especially at her age - the turning point around 50 for a woman is not easy emotionally, physically etc. She was very proud, as reported and she might not have shown her insight fragility - may be even not to Mick, as she wanted to please him and so he couldn´t know.

I read a personal statement on facebook from a RS entourage woman. It says:

quote:
It is very bittersweet that L'wren is not alive to hear all the lovely things being said about her now. All those who were in her presence even briefly will not forget her, either. She was a beautiful and perhaps misunderstood woman. RIP L'wren.

end of quote

For me this statement says a lot.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 08:53 by ThroughTheLonelyNights.

Posted by: WindyHorses ()
Date: March 22, 2014 08:30

HEILOOBAAS
I haven't bothered to read the rest of the posts. This incident, however personal and saddening, will not affect the tour. Millions, maybe billions of £ have changed hands. And Mick is a professional. He'll not even mention it onstage is what I think. It's personal. But the personal strength to carry on is aided by his oldest and closest friends, Keith and Charlie. Depression kills. I know. I speak from the knowledge of having two unsuccessful suicide attempts under my belt. There will NOT be a third.

What is this airplane? I mean what is it for?

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: March 22, 2014 09:22

Nothing to say, nothing to do except give you a bit of strength and love. From a small french you gave so much. Thank you. As hard for an extraordinary Artist as for an average human. Hope to see the Rolling Stones soon. Courage !

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:51

ThroughTheLonelyNights
gotdablouse
It seems there's a bit more to the financial situation as well, from [radaronline.com]

A spokesperson for L’Wren Scott:

The figures quoted in the media regarding the financial status of LS Fashion Limited are not only highly misleading and inaccurate but also extremely hurtful and disrespectful to the memory of L’Wren Scott.

Ms. Scott was considering a re-structure of her global business. The L’Wren Scott business consists of a wholesale business of ready-to-wear women’s wear, a bespoke Couture business for private clients, a licensing business, Ms. Scott’s globally recognized work as a Fashion Consultant and stylist and her collaborations such as her recent collection for Banana Republic. Her business overall was only seven years old and although some areas of the business had not yet reached their potential other parts of her business were proving successful. As a private business, details of income and turnover are not publicly disclosed, however it can be said that the long-term prospects for the business were encouraging. Ms. Scott was very focused on doing what was right for her global business and for the support of her team.

In terms of figures shown at Companies House in the UK. The parent company of LS Fashion Limited based in America had made a standard loan investment to the UK subsidiary. LS Fashion Limited is fully able to meet the company’s liabilities and pay all suppliers and customers.

The L’Wren Scott team today said:

“We have lost a great friend and an inspiring leader. We are grieving privately and whilst we appreciate the incredible tributes that have been paid in the media by those who knew L’Wren, we strongly object to some of the media’s intrusion into issues that are not only untrue and misleading but also distract from remembering and celebrating her life – the life of a successful, talented, kind, generous and extraordinary woman. We ask that our privacy and that of L’Wren’s family and close friends be respected at this difficult time.”

No further statement will be made for the time being.

IMO THIS report is a very important information. Her financial situation was made up in the press - it is not that unusual I think that you have financial debts especially in this business - it was all about "Shame -Why didn´t Mick help her out" etc...same with the story he did break up with her....media stuff.....

As rollingon stated she was a very ambitious person and I do not think she wanted to control anybody (especially not Mick) I mean, Mick wouldn´t be together with her for such a long time if she was like that...

But ambitious persons often suffer from depression if something doesn´t succeed the way they supposed to....and little things that go wrong can be too much.

She was NOT allowed to go on tour ???
That´s so ridiculous to think - may be it just didn´t fit in for her, with all her business affairs to deal. May be she had a hard time and couldn´t cope with it any more, especially at her age - the turning point around 50 for a woman is not easy emotionally, physically etc. She was very proud, as reported and she might not have shown her insight fragility - may be even not to Mick, as she wanted to please him and so he couldn´t know.

Yes, you are absolutely right here. A person can be just so extremely demanding to him/herself that even some quite small or mediocre difficulties can absolutely break him/her.

And she was known for being a perfectionist.

Maybe this whole thing is a little bit hard to understand for the most of the people who are not so demanding to themselves.

It's good to have some mercy on oneself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 10:52 by rollingon.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 22, 2014 10:57

kleermaker

That's interesting. Could it be that the Dutch community simply is a lot of smaller, and not so heterogenic as ours is? I mean, here is both more wideness and depthness to make more extreme reactions possible.

Other thing CindyC pointed in her farewell post (that is now gone, only the quote I put here is left) is that the atmosphere here has also gone lately to worse direction, a tendency I claimed in that "tasteless remarks" thread this tragedy just made more explicit. There have been some kind of bad vibe lurking here for some time. The tone here has changed, and I think also some moderation choices have not really helped, quite the contrary. The amount of people taking the right of dictating the course of discussion into their own hands have increased. But each community has its own ways of life and a culture of conversation, and ours has a lot of history - probably we have just entered a stage in where there starts to be some kind of tireness and intolerance in the air, as communities past their prime typically are like. The ability to accept differing opinions has weakened, and people more stubbornly stick to their own intuitions. Me included.

- Doxa

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 11:20 by Doxa.

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:12

In Finnish tabloid paper Ilta-Sanomat there is a new story,

Google English translation:
[translate.google.com]

In the story it is said that Mick and L'wren had just bought a new apartment in New York, well if that's true, it's almost certain that there really wasn't any break up between them before the tour...

I'm not certain though if this "new apartment" means absolutely new apartment or that apartment where L'Wren died...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 12:14 by rollingon.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:44

BowieStone
Steven Tyler on Facebook:

I LOVE YOU MICK JAGGER…THE WORLD FEELS YOU. YOU ARE THE GREATEST VOICE OF ROCK AND ROLL. WE CAN HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING FOR L'WREN

(He always shouts)

"(He always shouts)" smiling smiley Of course, He's Steven Tyler. thumbs up

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:47

I thnink it's a cut and paste of a story I read yesterday where her sister's husband supposedly said they had recently bought a $10 million appartment in NYC, but since they said they hadn't spoken to her since 2008 I suspect there might be some confusion with the $10m flat that Keith and Patti recently bought in NYC...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Svartmer ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:51

Doxa
kleermaker

That's interesting. Could it be that the Dutch community simply is a lot of smaller, and not so heterogenic as ours is? I mean, here is both more wideness and depthness to make more extreme reactions possible.

Other thing CindyC pointed in her farewell post (that is now gone, only the quote I put here is left) is that the atmosphere here has also gone lately to worse direction, a tendency I claimed in that "tasteless remarks" thread this tragedy just made more explicit. There have been some kind of bad vibe lurking here for some time. The tone here has changed, and I think also some moderation choices have not really helped, quite the contrary. The amount of people taking the right of dictating the course of discussion into their own hands have increased. But each community has its own ways of life and a culture of conversation, and ours has a lot of history - probably we have just entered a stage in where there starts to be some kind of tireness and intolerance in the air, as communities past their prime typically are like. The ability to accept differing opinions has weakened, and people more stubbornly stick to their own intuitions. Me included.

- Doxa

I think you just have to be able to ignore some of the comments, even if it can be hard. Corncerning CindyC I noticed that she replied to almost every comment that was either sceptical or negative in that (removed) thread. I don´t think that works. If you starts a thread, there will always be some unpleasant reactions. Just let them be and focus on the positive ones. Getting angry never helps...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 12:54 by Svartmer.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 22, 2014 12:59

rollingon
In Finnish tabloid paper Ilta-Sanomat there is a new story,

Google English translation:
[translate.google.com]

In the story it is said that Mick and L'wren had just bought a new apartment in New York, well if that's true, it's almost certain that there really wasn't any break up between them before the tour...

I'm not certain though if this "new apartment" means absolutely new apartment or that apartment where L'Wren died...

It doesnt really say when they bought it, just recently. I wonder what went on these last months. And Im not implying anything! I guess the whole Jagger "clan" thing + the band being very important for Mick with an upmcoming tour + her troubled business + something else + personal history of course, pushed her over. Adopted are more likely to take their own lives - nothing wrong with being adopted, so please dont be offended - but the statistics are pretty clear about that risk.

And for women the statistics show that sucicides are more likely to happen during some phase of the menstrual cycle. More common among teens though.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 22, 2014 13:19

to Redcoalcarpet:

You'll need a fire blanket and an extinguisher very soon m8

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 22, 2014 13:32

Doxa
kleermaker

- Doxa

Well said Doxa. I've found that for at least a year now. Old stalwarts like Edith Grove, with sssoul, Sway Stones, even Gazza to a certain extent don't post so often as they used to. Kinda sad but you're right, there is a kind of malaise. Familiarity can often breed contempt.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 13:32 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: March 22, 2014 13:52

exhpart

[to Redcoalcarpet:

You'll need a fire blanket and an extinguisher very soon m8]

That makes me laugh out loud!! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out(and I am a women)

(Always took candy from strangers)

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:00

From the canadian National Post:

Mick Jagger, planning to settle down with L’Wren Scott, bailed out girlfriend’s faltering business on ‘numerous occasions’

Mick Jagger was preparing to end his roving ways and settle down with his long-time partner, L’Wren Scott, before the fashion designer killed herself, according to her brother-in-law.

The rock star, who has seven children by four women, intended to make a home with the fashion designer in New York and put an end to his reputation as a womanizer and incessant traveler, he said.

“Mick had recently decided to end his hotel lifestyle, and I understand they had just bought a $10-million home in New York,” Rob Shane, the husband of Scott’s sister Jan, said.

Read more: [arts.nationalpost.com]

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:13

Is Rob Shane any more or less reliable than all the other sources quoted in the press the past few days? Has he ever met Mick? Is this story the reason why L'Wren's brother is trying to have his sister (Rob Shayne's wife) barred from the funeral? Is Rob Shayne referring to what he read in the papers about Keith's new apartment or did Mick recently buy one too?

Date: March 22, 2014 15:15

To all the native speakers: These are thoughts, I wantend to find written her on IORR, instead of spreading bad and tastless rumours:

>>

Can Mick Jagger and his gang keep rolling on?

Until the suicide of L’Wren Scott, The Rolling Stones frontman seemed to have led a charmed life undiminished by age or illness

By Neil McCormick

8:25PM GMT 21 Mar 2014

It is time to show some sympathy for an old devil. Mick Jagger was the guy who looked like he might have gotten away with it, the superstar who really had it all, a life filled to the brim with riches, sex and adventure, buoyed by the kind of gifts money can’t buy: love, family, health, adoration and respect. There he was at 70, rocking it up in stadiums to enthralled multitudes as if time and tide had passed him by, still yelping about how he couldn’t get no satisfaction with the winking energy of someone who had had his cake, eaten it, and was coming back for more. Then events took a terrible turn.

The suicide of L’Wren Scott is a private tragedy, thrown harshly into the public arena by dint of her 13-year relationship with The Rolling Stones frontman. Since the 49-year-old American fashion designer took her own life, against a backdrop of multi-million dollar debt for her failing business, there have been salacious, gossipy, speculative and voyeuristic half stories casting aspersions on their relationship and age difference, with unattributed sources trying to apportion blame by innuendo, as if anyone can really comprehend what might motivate such an act of personal desperation and destruction.

Describing himself as “completely shocked and devastated”, Jagger has been quite uncharacteristically open in expressing his feelings. His official statement may be brief but, for a man notoriously guarded about his inner life and wary of public proclamations, it leaves no doubt about his loss, bafflement and sorrow. “I am still struggling to understand how my lover and best friend could end her life in this tragic way… I will never forget her.”

The image of a devastated Jagger is not one we are used to. Indeed, it was considered so novel that several newspapers devoted their front pages this week to photos of “Mick’s grief”, featuring a surreptitiously snapped shot of the hollow faced and dead-eyed star, reported as if Jumping Jack Flash had been brought crashing down to earth.

The sensitive response of his band mates, however, served as a timely reminder that The Rolling Stones have always represented something a great deal more than just superficial escapist entertainment. “No one saw this coming,” said Keith Richards, perhaps better known for teasing his musical partner than supporting him. “Mick’s always been my soul brother and we love him. We’re thick as thieves and we’re all feeling for the man.”

Announcing the postponement of seven shows in Australia and New Zealand, Charlie Watts and Ronnie Wood were equally clear that their priority is (as Wood put it) “pulling together to offer Mick our support”, helping him through what Watts referred to as “this awful time”.

The Stones were the first real gang in rock and roll, and 50 years on, they still comport themselves with the tight knit loyalty of the last gang in town, a group of old friends who have stuck together through thick and thin and whom you can always count on when the chips are down.

Because even after all their well-documented troubles, spats and backbiting, friendship is one of their defining characteristics, in the sense that it is one of the things their fans look for in them: the lifelong blood-brother rapport between a group of people whom many of us feel like we have known longer, and perhaps better, than our own immediate social networks.

When you think of the decades they have spent in each other’s company, on the road, in rehearsal and recording studios, onstage and backstage, their continued existence seems almost miraculous. How many of us still hang out on a daily basis with the same people we did in our teens?

Most groups break up after a few years citing musical and personal differences, and The Rolling Stones have surely had plenty of those, framed in the complex dynamics of a love-hate relationship between two powerful central personalities, Mick and Keith, with very different characters, philosophies and approaches to life. Many observers thought indiscreet comments about Jagger in Richards’s characteristically gregarious 2010 autobiography Life might finally spell the end for the long-running saga, but the Stones returned on fighting form for their 50th anniversary in 2012, playing some of the most thrilling concerts of their lives.

Indeed, it has been one of the joys of recent dates to watch the rekindling of this legendary bromance, gradually warming body language and eye contact revealing glimmers of life in the Glimmer Twins.

Their survival as a dysfunctional, yet still functioning, entity has increasingly taken on a symbolic aspect. When they disembarked from their private jet in Perth, before the awful events of March 17, they looked as enthusiastic as a bunch of old boys on a gap year. For the baby boomer generation that spawned them, they have come to represent the appealing notion that age is no bar to having fun, that music is for life and not just for kids, and maybe it’s OK to grow old disgracefully. Over the decades, their self-indulgent lifestyle has left plenty of wreckage in its wake, but they have rolled on through it all, like the proverbial stone that gathers no moss.

Original member Brian Jones drowned in his swimming pool. His replacement, Mick Taylor, joined the band a sweet-faced young virtuoso and left a few years later a disgruntled, boozy addict. Richards’s great love Anita Pallenberg squandered her beauty on heroin, while a young man died in her bed at Richards’s New York home in 1979, shooting himself through the head with one of the guitarist’s guns.

Richards himself has been in and out of rehab and threatened with jail, whilst new boy Ronnie Wood, a member for a mere 39 years, has battled his own drink and drug related demons. This, of course, is part of what we love about the Stones. They behave badly so that we don’t have to.

When you consider his devilish persona as a libidinous young rocker, it is odd to think that Jagger has increasingly been seen as the sensible Stone, taking care of business off-stage, and such a soul of discretion when it comes to his own misdemeanours that his autobiography was rejected by publishers Weidenfeld & Nicolson in 1983 for being “heart-stoppingly dull”.

He is notoriously evasive in interviews, insisting he never dwells on the past, claiming: “I don’t want to erase it or to regret it, but I don’t want to be its prisoner either.” But can he put these events behind him, or will such a sharp intrusion of harsh reality fatally damage the sense of invulnerability that runs through the very core of his persona in the Stones?

His bandmates seem in little doubt. “We’ll see everyone real soon,” promised Richards. “We intend to be back out on that stage as soon as we can,” said Wood. And it may well be that singing songs like Gimme Shelter is the best way for Jagger to find shelter.

The music The Rolling Stones play is rooted in the blues, a form that emerged from struggle, deprivation and misery but actually expresses quite the opposite, singing, dancing and laughing in the face of death. It is sometimes criticised as escapist but actually it’s gritty, dirty, lusty and celebratory, the stuff of life itself.

The truth is we all go through hard times, nobody is immune from tragedy, and music is one of the things we use to pull us through. Sometimes all you want to do is put your arms around your friends and sing together. I know, it’s only rock and roll – but there are times when nothing else will do.

<<

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

HighwireC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 15:18 by HighwireC.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:25

Fantastic read... Thanks HighwireC!

Date: March 22, 2014 15:30

Dreamer

Thanks will have to go to Lady Jayne,
who has posted the link before: [www.iorr.org]

HighwireC

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:35

HighwireC
Dreamer

HighwireC

Thanks to Lady Jayne.
And thank you HighwireC for your introduction to the article...

"Sometimes all you want to do is put your arms around your friends and sing together."

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:41

Aquamarine
I think I'll give learning Dutch another try. winking smiley Proost!

It would be a pleasure to teach you that beautiful language. Cheers! smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 22, 2014 15:54

Thank you, that was quality journalism! The writer insightfully described the situation in a bigger picture - how shocking it was to anything Mick Jagger and the Rolling Stones represent - but also gave us a hint that there is in the very music of theirs such a deep foundation, which could also offer a mechanism way out of this tragedy.

- Doxa

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:01

Dreamer
HighwireC
Dreamer

HighwireC

Thanks to Lady Jayne.
And thank you HighwireC for your introduction to the article...

"Sometimes all you want to do is put your arms around your friends and sing together."

Very nice read indeed...thanks for posting that.

Posted by: TippyToe ()
Date: March 22, 2014 16:06

Redhotcarpet
I wonder what went on these last months. And Im not implying anything! I guess the whole Jagger "clan" thing + the band being very important for Mick with an upmcoming tour + her troubled business + something else + personal history of course, pushed her over. Adopted are more likely to take their own lives - nothing wrong with being adopted, so please dont be offended - but the statistics are pretty clear about that risk.

And for women the statistics show that sucicides are more likely to happen during some phase of the menstrual cycle. More common among teens though.

Also it has been a long, cold miserable winter in much of North America and I think that has got a lot of people a bit depressed. It warmed up a bit here this week and it really lifted my spirits, even though it was only a few degrees above freezing!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 36 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home