Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 35 of 40
Re: R.I.P. L'Wren Scott :- (
Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:16

StrawberriesBlueberries
About the question, why L'Wren Scott wasn't with Mick during the Paris rehearsals and this tour.

Known facts are: She prepared for showing her collection at the London Fashion Week on February 16. She then cancelled her show around February 10. As the reason for cancelling she gave delays in production, because of which her creations couldn't be finished in time. Her new pronounced plan after this was to instead present the collection at her Paris showroom during Paris Fashion Week (Feb. 25 - March 5, 2014) at the beginning of March. Since - as far as I understand - the collection also wasn't shown in Paris, it seems the production issues were continuing and she had to somehow deal with that and who knows whatelse. All this business affairs must have kept her busy and have made it impossible for her to be with the band, whose rehearsals took place from February 3 until February 14 followed by concerts far away from her place of work.

By the way, does anybody know, if she was on board for the whole Bigger Bang Tour or just parts of it? Did she already have her business by then?

Her company was incorporated in July 2006 so that was in the middle of the ABB tour.

Thanks for the summary on the Paris/Rehearsals time-frame. Do you remember a tweet from her from maybe mid-January where she said something about packing or going back to Paris soon? Not that it really matters but I'm almost positive (a good memory as it meant the rehearsals were getting closer!) someone had posted that info here in the original "Rehearsals" thread started by C.E. and that got replaced by the current "Rehearsals" thread when they started in February.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 20:18 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:34

HighwireC

I'm a little confused:

Is this the "CinyC-Thread" again?

Or is it "HighwireC acts thought police - thread"...winking smiley

Seriously, my post was just another meta-talk contribution this thread is full of. And I wanted to share Cindy's take on things.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:44

StrawberriesBlueberries
About the question, why L'Wren Scott wasn't with Mick during the Paris rehearsals and this tour.

Known facts are: She prepared for showing her collection at the London Fashion Week on February 16. She then cancelled her show around February 10. As the reason for cancelling she gave delays in production, because of which her creations couldn't be finished in time. Her new pronounced plan after this was to instead present the collection at her Paris showroom during Paris Fashion Week (Feb. 25 - March 5, 2014) at the beginning of March. Since - as far as I understand - the collection also wasn't shown in Paris, it seems the production issues were continuing and she had to somehow deal with that and who knows whatelse. All this business affairs must have kept her busy and have made it impossible for her to be with the band, whose rehearsals took place from February 3 until February 14 followed by concerts far away from her place of work.

By the way, does anybody know, if she was on board for the whole Bigger Bang Tour or just parts of it? Did she already have her business by then?

which came first, the chicken or the egg? Did she cancel the show because Mick told her he wasn't taking her on tour? We know things happened, we don't know that one caused another.

By the way, to say that mick was distancing himself from L'Wren before the suicide is not, to me, to cast blame on Mick at all. He has no obligation to remain in a relationship with someone. If that is the truth, it's not accusing him of anything wrongful. The only point in even discussing it is in relation to the band's future, and the effect that the underlying events might have on the band's return to the stage.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:51

Doxa
HighwireC

I'm a little confused:

Seriously, my post was just another meta-talk contribution this thread is full of. And I wanted to share Cindy's take on things.

- Doxa

Touché, Doxa! smiling smiley

I use to be very patiently. But sometimes, feeling to much brutal injustice, I can't control my tongue, I'have to support the innocent victim.

But in the case of CindyC and her latest posts this week it's very hard for me to follow you.

HighwireC

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 21, 2014 20:56

I have heard straight from Mustique island that she left very detailed instructions to the vet how to take care of the dogs she loved very much when she left the island last time.

It was usual that she left detailed instructions but at this time the instructions were much more detailed than usually.

The source for this information is 100% certain, I can tell you that.

So you can make some conclusions about this if you like...

And as a person she was a total perfectionist and quite controlling as well, not some "weak" girlfriend type that Jagger would control, the truth is almost the opposite... I know it's hard to believe but this info comes straight from the island.

So Jagger's girlfriend history and behavior in the past can give you a totally wrong picture about what has happened in this case...

L'Wren was extremely ambitious and not weak at all. It seems she was too ambitious for her own good..

Date: March 21, 2014 21:08

And when was it that she last left Mustique, in March or in January ?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:09

gotdablouse

In March.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:13

Hirewire, wow, my goodness gracious.

Hahahaha. Now this is funny:
"Disappointed...groupies." Love it. In bold!
Disgracing themselves. "Disgusting." The 3Ds!

Okay, we are really in the twilight zone now.
I do apologize to all (most) for anything I've
done to contribute to it.

~"Love is Strong"~

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 21:19 by angee.

HighwireC
Doxa
HighwireC

I'm a little confused:

- Doxa

Touché, Doxa! smiling smiley

I use to be very patiently. But sometimes, feeling to much brutal injustice, I can't control my tongue, I'have to support the innocent victim.

But in the case of CindyC and her latest posts this week it's very hard for me to follow you.

HighwireC

Good you take my comment with humour, I know you would... thumbs up

For the latter, my take simply is that it has been a very tough week for all of us, and a there have been a lot of emotions causing bad rhetorics, nnon-typical behavior and tension here. I really hope we could still get along, and not judging each other too harshly.

- Doxa

Posted by: Rokyfan ()

rollingon
I have heard straight from Mustique island that she left very detailed instructions to the vet how to take care of the dogs she loved very much when she left the island last time.

It was usual that she left detailed instructions but at this time the instructions were much more detailed than usually.

And as a person she was a total perfectionist and quite controlling as well, not some "weak" girlfriend type that Jagger would control, the truth is almost the opposite... I know it's hard to believe but this info comes straight from the island.

So Jagger's girlfriend history and behavior in the past can give you a totally wrong picture about what has happened in this case...

L'Wren was extremely ambitious and not weak at all. It seems she was too ambitious for her own good..

none of this is hard to believe at all. This was the only way she could permanently control Mick, stop him from removing her from his life.

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:16

I can understand why some people didn't care for some of the posts that CindyC made earlier this week, but an open forum, where everyone can speak their mind, is much better than one where people belittle those they disagree with and then scheme to have them removed. Cindy did the right thing by moving the discussion to a new thread but we all saw how that worked out. Her past contributions should have earned her at most a warning if the moderator thought she was out of line. I hope BV has a change of heart and lets her back.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: March 21, 2014 21:22

Rokyfan
rollingon

none of this is hard to believe at all. This was the only way she could permanently control Mick, stop him from removing her from his life.

Spot on Rokyfan.

Date: March 21, 2014 21:24

@gimmelittledrink - There is a thread dedicated to that (former) member, may I suggest you use it?

rollingon
gotdablouse

In March.

Thanks. Any memories of that tweet from January where she seemed to be saying she'd soon be in Paris?

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 21:24 by gotdablouse.

Date: March 21, 2014 21:34

gotdablouse
@gimmelittledrink - There is a thread dedicated to that (former) member, may I suggest you use it?

There is, but most likely its days (hours) are numbered, since it is against the rules of this site to start 'campaigns' about/for/against individual posters. That's much I know the protocolla here...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-21 21:38 by Doxa.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:06

No, I have no claim to fame as a groupie; indeed, if that was part of my past, it would be the very last thing I would disclose.

I wonder if the poster, whose first language is not English, may have meant 'disappointed would-be groupies' rather than 'disappointed former groupies'.

Highwire, I commend you for expressing yourself so poignantly in a language that is not your first. But you lose credibility when you make such insulting judgements on people with whom you disagree, and when you use abusive terms like 'disgraceful' and 'disgusting'.

And the same to you, "Dreamer", with this -

>>demonstration of poor self-development and bad taste. And a serious and malign form of jalousy.

Where do you get off making such a bizarre diagnosis and personal attack?

Self-righteous drama queens.

Clearly it upsets and offends you both to hear views on this topic so very different from your own, but really the only way to avoid that on the internet is to refrain from turning on your computer.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 10:34 by Bliss.

Date: March 21, 2014 22:21

gotdablouse

rollingon
gotdablouse

In March.

Thanks. Any memories of that tweet from January where she seemed to be saying she'd soon be in Paris?

I remember this tweet and that it was posted on iorr. But I don't know, when that was. I suppose, it has to be from January, as it stood - as you said and I remember it in the same way - in the context of awaiting the rehearsals. It was assumed, this could be a sign for the band to start rehearsals soon, though the tweet didn't contain any info about Mick or the band at all! It was just, that it was known, the rehearsals were going to take place in Paris and people tried to draw conclusions from it. And I also remember, that it took quite a while afterwards, until the band actually began to rehearse. So the tweet was probably from around mid January. It's nowhere to be found on the Internet. In my memory it said something along the lines of "Looking forward to Paris" or "Going back to Paris", accompanying a picture of some street or building in the city.

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:24

angee
This is the first time I've heard a person here called "a groupie" by another IORR member.
That saddens me. I assume it's used here as catch-all phrase for a female fan whatever her assumed
contact with the band, rather than applied to a particular person, as further explained by the poster.
There are male insiders who would not be called that, seems to me.

The male equivalent term is "Butt Boy". Feel free to use it. grinning smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: March 21, 2014 22:50

Bliss

Clearly it upsets and offends you both to hear views on this topic so very different from your own, but really the only way to avoid that on the internet is to refrain from turning on your computer.

My first and in principle last post in this thread:

I wonder why people get so upset by this subject and by views they don't agree with. As if some people identify themselves with an imaginary Mick Jagger or feel the need to defend their Hero until their dying breath. It's really intriguing, just like Doxa's feeling "it has been a very tough week for all of us" and his observation "there have been a lot of emotions causing bad rhetorics, nnon-typical behavior and tension here."

Yesterday I took a look at the Dutch Stonesforum after months and of course this subject is being discussed there too, but in a totally different atmosphere, despite the fact that also there are different reactions and opinions.

Anyway, like every suicide, obviously committed in utter despair and pain, this one is of course a tragedy too and a very sad thing as well. Life is so precious and fragile, but it can also be experienced as hell and felt as unbearable. Trying to make the best of it is all we can do, knowing that we often fail because we're human.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:08

kleermaker
Bliss

My first and in principle last post in this thread:

I wonder why people get so upset by this subject and by views they don't agree with. As if some people identify themselves with an imaginary Mick Jagger or feel the need to defend their Hero until their dying breath. It's really intriguing, just like Doxa's feeling "it has been a very tough week for all of us" and his observation "there have been a lot of emotions causing bad rhetorics, nnon-typical behavior and tension here."

Yesterday I took a look at the Dutch Stonesforum after months and of course this subject is being discussed there too, but in a totally different atmosphere, despite the fact that also there are different reactions and opinions.

Anyway, like every suicide, obviously committed in utter despair and pain, this one is of course a tragedy too and a very sad thing as well. Life is so precious and fragile, but it can also be experienced as hell and felt as unbearable. Trying to make the best of it is all we can do, knowing that we often fail because we're human.

Kleerie, this is an excellent post and - although I haven't agreed with other things you've posted this week, nor you with my contributions - you basically say here what I have been trying to. Thank you.

I don't want to make you post again in this thread if you don't want to, but, out of interest, what is the atmosphere on the Dutch forum like?

Date: March 21, 2014 23:14

Please...

StrawberriesBlueberries
gotdablouse

rollingon
gotdablouse

In March.

I remember this tweet and that it was posted on iorr. But I don't know, when that was. I suppose, it has to be from January, as it stood - as you said and I remember it in the same way - in the context of awaiting the rehearsals. It was assumed, this could be a sign for the band to start rehearsals soon, though the tweet didn't contain any info about Mick or the band at all! It was just, that it was known, the rehearsals were going to take place in Paris and people tried to draw conclusions from it. And I also remember, that it took quite a while afterwards, until the band actually began to rehearse. So the tweet was probably from around mid January. It's nowhere to be found on the Internet. In my memory it said something along the lines of "Looking forward to Paris" or "Going back to Paris", accompanying a picture of some street or building in the city.

Thanks, I knew I hadn't made it up. It might have indeed been "Looking forward to Paris" and after Bobby Key's interview from early January (?) mentioning rehearsals in Paris it was received with excitement here as it seemed they were about to start...and then nothing happened. The next related tweet was Ronnie's on 30/01 where he mentioned packing.

When we showed up on the 27th at the studio they weren't there but it probably had already been booked since the truck carrying their stuff had been spotted on the week-end. Maybe it's the way it had been planned all along since Mick was still in Natchez for the James Brown biopic the Friday before (I think but I'm not sure how we'd gotten to that conclusion) and Keith was partying on the Saturday night in NYC...

--------------

Posted by: MrBird65 ()
Date: March 21, 2014 23:41

Sad... so sad...
A friend of mine commited suicide when I was 16.
The day before we had a real wild time at a Party.

Nobody, really nobody of his friends (and me) realized what was going on in his mind that evening.

Date: March 22, 2014 00:03

It seems there's a bit more to the financial situation as well, from [radaronline.com]

A spokesperson for L’Wren Scott:

The figures quoted in the media regarding the financial status of LS Fashion Limited are not only highly misleading and inaccurate but also extremely hurtful and disrespectful to the memory of L’Wren Scott.

Ms. Scott was considering a re-structure of her global business. The L’Wren Scott business consists of a wholesale business of ready-to-wear women’s wear, a bespoke Couture business for private clients, a licensing business, Ms. Scott’s globally recognized work as a Fashion Consultant and stylist and her collaborations such as her recent collection for Banana Republic. Her business overall was only seven years old and although some areas of the business had not yet reached their potential other parts of her business were proving successful. As a private business, details of income and turnover are not publicly disclosed, however it can be said that the long-term prospects for the business were encouraging. Ms. Scott was very focused on doing what was right for her global business and for the support of her team.

In terms of figures shown at Companies House in the UK. The parent company of LS Fashion Limited based in America had made a standard loan investment to the UK subsidiary. LS Fashion Limited is fully able to meet the company’s liabilities and pay all suppliers and customers.

The L’Wren Scott team today said:

“We have lost a great friend and an inspiring leader. We are grieving privately and whilst we appreciate the incredible tributes that have been paid in the media by those who knew L’Wren, we strongly object to some of the media’s intrusion into issues that are not only untrue and misleading but also distract from remembering and celebrating her life – the life of a successful, talented, kind, generous and extraordinary woman. We ask that our privacy and that of L’Wren’s family and close friends be respected at this difficult time.”

No further statement will be made for the time being.

--------------

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:17

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:29

Seems L'Wren has taken IORR with her.

It's daft that CindyC can be banned for speculating on what the reasons for L'Wrens sucide was, but some of those who previously have actually said or as good as said they were glad Brian Jones died have remained.

eye rolling smiley

Ridiculous that some of the people who have dragged Jaggers name through the mud here recently were quick to attack CindyC as well.

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:36

The day L'Wren Scott was born 28.4.1964....The Stones were playing in here........

[maps.google.co.uk] ....it takes a minute or two to get past the map and to load the street view

Wallington, a suburb in South London...(as it happens, about a mile from my brother-in-law's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-22 00:38 by EddieByword.

Posted by: HighwireC ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:41

His Majesty
Seems L'Wren has taken IORR with her.

It's daft that CindyC can be banned for speculating on what the reasons for L'Wrens sucide was, but some of those who previously have actually said or as good as said they were glad Brian Jones died have remained.

eye rolling smiley

Ridiculous that some of the people who have dragged Jaggers name through the mud here recently were quick to attack CindyC as well.

eye rolling smiley

I can feel with you, Majesty.

But don't blame L'Wren,
it's the posters here on IORR
spreading bad rumours based on self-made "facts"
instead of asking questions.

HighwireC

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: March 22, 2014 00:59

Steven Tyler on Facebook:

I LOVE YOU MICK JAGGER…THE WORLD FEELS YOU. YOU ARE THE GREATEST VOICE OF ROCK AND ROLL. WE CAN HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING FOR L'WREN

(He always shouts)

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:12

HighwireC

I can feel with you, Majesty.

But don't blame L'Wren,
it's the posters here on IORR
spreading bad rumours based on self-made "facts"
instead of asking questions.

HighwireC

Of course I'm not blaming her, I'm taking a stab at the hypocrisy of banning and the sudden onset of morals of some members.

Speculation and rumours on a vast number of private and potentially very hurtful to those actually involved things has been one of mainstays of this forum for years. Virtually nothing has been sacred and a whole lot of people have participated in those discussions.

This is the third girlfriend of Jaggers to try, but the first to succeed in taking their own life. He has a bad track record with being faithful. It's hardly a @#$%& crime to post about what probably came to many peoples minds after the initial shock upon hearing about L'Wren's suicide.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:13

BowieStone
Steven Tyler on Facebook:

I LOVE YOU MICK JAGGER…THE WORLD FEELS YOU. YOU ARE THE GREATEST VOICE OF ROCK AND ROLL. WE CAN HEAR THE ANGELS SINGING FOR L'WREN

(He always shouts)

Lovely...thx for sharing

Posted by: illyad ()
Date: March 22, 2014 01:42

Does anyone think jagger will do a tribute song to lwren like he dedicated "wild horses" to the victims of sandy hook?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940Next
Current Page: 35 of 40

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1515
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home