Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: US Tour Fall 2014?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: March 15, 2014 14:29

michaelsavage
They better. Yhe US is their home, esp Mad Sq Garden!

I thought Mad Sq Garden was Billy Joel's home?

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 15, 2014 16:22

petewasbristol
stonehearted
petewasbristol
From what I heard at the Macau show the Stones crew are working with U2 next. Can't see them doing another round of the US after last year.

If that is true, then it really isn't a "Stones crew" per se. That would make them freelancers or contractors. The Stones could just as easily hire a fresh crew of contractors to handle the meat and potatoes tasks, the heavy lifting, etc. Their real crew consists of the hired personal assistants and the like, and is a decidely small and close-knit group.

Oh I agree about the crew and the ability to hire new crew if needs be, but from the way I heard it, 2014 with this crew is 'it'. Nothing more beyond for the Stones in 2015. As BV has said many times in the past, catch the Stones while you can, it really could be the last time.

I get the feeling the Stones themselves don't know for sure how much longer they are going to continue to tour at this point. They seem to be taking it one step at a time and not committing themselves to anything too far into the future. I think as long as the band members stay healthy and enjoy playing together, and the demand for tickets remains strong, they can continue with this pattern of short tours for several more years. However, anything could happen so as Bjørnulf has said, don't wait. Go see them while you can.

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: March 15, 2014 16:28

Max'sKansasCity
7 DOWN SOUTH TOUR STONES 2014

Miami, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville and 2 of your favorite other Southern U.S. cities

...And DETROIT makes EIGHT!
It's in Southern Michigan winking smiley

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: March 15, 2014 16:40

Like it

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: March 15, 2014 17:16

Back to the USA? ... I wonder how long they can go on ... without a new "concept"

I think that if Mick Taylor was brought back full-time...
Then many people would really want to go see them again.

Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 15, 2014 18:11

schillid

Back to the USA? ... I wonder how long they can go on ... without a new "concept"

I think that if Mick Taylor was brought back full-time...
Then many people would really want to go see them again.

I am not sure MT wants to be on stage "full time".

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 16, 2014 00:05

Please don't forget Seattle, we have tons of fans here.

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: March 16, 2014 00:54

The Stones are going to be in South and Central America in September-October...with Daryl Jones playing with another band in November-December I think that rules out a return to the U.S. this year.

Date: March 16, 2014 01:03

Mr.D
...with Daryl Jones playing with another band in November-December I think that rules out a return to the U.S. this year.

Who will Daryl be playing with in November?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 16, 2014 02:34

Mr.D
The Stones are going to be in South and Central America in September-October...with Daryl Jones playing with another band in November-December I think that rules out a return to the U.S. this year.

Darryl's on a very lucrative retainer with the Stones. If the Stones and anyone else he has plans to play with need his services at the same time, who do you think he's going to play with?

Date: March 16, 2014 02:43

TornAndFried
Gazza
From what I heard at the Macau show the Stones crew are working with U2 next. Can't see them doing another round of the US after last year.

It is true some of the Rolling Stones road crew also work with U2 (or other bands) but this would not have any impact on their future plans. If U2 does start their tour later this year (which at this point is not likely since the new album isn't finished yet and is not expected to be released before the end of the year...and maybe not even until 2015) the Stones tour production company will simply find replacements for the personnel that are contracted to go out with U2. It's completely a non-issue.

Thats not my quote! LOL (slap!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-16 02:43 by Gazza.

Date: March 16, 2014 02:49

shattered
If I count correctly, MSG (or whatever the name is) the next show is No. 25.

Theyve already played 25 shows there. I'm assuming you didnt count the 121212 show for Hurricane Sandy (admittedly just a 2-song set). Tokyo Dome has now staged 28 Stones shows.

The venue theyve played the most, surprisingly, is not the Marquee, Crawdaddy or Ealing Club, but the rarely mentioned Studio 51 club in London.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: March 16, 2014 06:38

Mr.D

I hear an obscure guy named Bill Wyman might be available.

Date: March 16, 2014 07:19

Gazza
TornAndFried
Gazza

It is true some of the Rolling Stones road crew also work with U2 (or other bands) but this would not have any impact on their future plans. If U2 does start their tour later this year (which at this point is not likely since the new album isn't finished yet and is not expected to be released before the end of the year...and maybe not even until 2015) the Stones tour production company will simply find replacements for the personnel that are contracted to go out with U2. It's completely a non-issue.

Thats not my quote! LOL (slap!)

Ahh...sorry about that. Anyway, glad to see you're paying attention.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2014 19:13

crholmstrom
treaclefingers
bv
I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.

Yes indeed, I was at the Vancouver show. They need to get back here!

That Vancouver show was a good one. 3 Keith songs! The only unfortunate thing was no Van Morrison because of the reschedule. Bonnie Raitt was good though.

They started the show with JJF. My wife and I were in the 12th row I think, on the Keith side. The show started with the lights going out, then an explosion, then my wife in shock at the explosion dropping her beer on my foot.

Ah, memories.

Date: March 16, 2014 19:38

Yes! Miami> Atlanta> 10 shows at MSGarden (Home for them!!!) maybe Nashville/Austin then West Coast.

Good plan

Date: March 16, 2014 22:03

treaclefingers
crholmstrom
treaclefingers
bv
I don't want to be a party killer, but before they did the Brooklyn/Newark and half a year later summer US/Canada tour, how many years was it since they toured North America? I think it was Nov 2006, Vancouver, right? It took them six years to return.

They have a "missing link" with Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, so I would not be surprised they do another round at some point, including a few big apple shows too, but first I think they want to rediscover South America.

Yes indeed, I was at the Vancouver show. They need to get back here!

That Vancouver show was a good one. 3 Keith songs! The only unfortunate thing was no Van Morrison because of the reschedule. Bonnie Raitt was good though.

They started the show with JJF. My wife and I were in the 12th row I think, on the Keith side. The show started with the lights going out, then an explosion, then my wife in shock at the explosion dropping her beer on my foot.

Ah, memories.

grinning smiley

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: March 16, 2014 22:49

I'm sure Mick can squeeze 10 shows for the USA in with South America. Lets hope so, my girl friend wants to see them never have.

Date: March 16, 2014 23:06

babyblue
I'm sure Mick can squeeze 10 shows for the USA in with South America. Lets hope so, my girl friend wants to see them never have.

If you really want to see them this year then best go with your girlfriend to Europe this summer. No telling when, or if, they are playing in the US again.

Date: March 17, 2014 00:05

Oh they WILL be back to the USA

Posted by: angee ()
Date: March 17, 2014 03:33

Kurt
Max'sKansasCity
7 DOWN SOUTH TOUR STONES 2014

Miami, Atlanta, Houston, New Orleans, Nashville and 2 of your favorite other Southern U.S. cities

...And DETROIT makes EIGHT!
It's in Southern Michigan winking smiley

And COLUMBUS, OH on the way up there!

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: March 17, 2014 03:37

Might as well add Pittsburgh too.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 17, 2014 03:38

More Hot Rocks
michaelsavage
Nope. New York. But you are close!

Sorry michaelsavage but it is Toronto. Its a European like city.

But looking more like Bangladesh.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 17, 2014 03:47

TornAndFried
babyblue

If you really want to see them this year then best go with your girlfriend to Europe this summer. No telling when, or if, they are playing in the US again.

Oh if I had a Dollar for every time some naysayer said the Stones may not, or will not, tour again... going back 30-40 years.... This is not the wimpy beatles we are talking about THIS IS THE ROLLING FKING STONES we are talking about!!

It is beyond me why some people always feel obligated to constantly try to predict when they imagine/hope that this band will be done. Is there some kind of prize being offered to who finally is able to luckily say ""I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!"" and will that person feel oh so proud?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 03:50 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: March 17, 2014 05:26

Max'sKansasCity
TornAndFried
babyblue

Oh if I had a Dollar for every time some naysayer said the Stones may not, or will not, tour again... going back 30-40 years.... This is not the wimpy beatles we are talking about THIS IS THE ROLLING FKING STONES we are talking about!!

It is beyond me why some people always feel obligated to constantly try to predict when they imagine/hope that this band will be done. Is there some kind of prize being offered to who finally is able to luckily say ""I CALLED IT!!! I CALLED IT!!"" and will that person feel oh so proud?

This band is nearly the end of their touring days. That is a fact. There is only a little time left before they call it quits, or something uncontrollable such as a death or illness cuts their time short. It could be 5 years, 2 years, 6 months? Nobody really knows for sure. I wouldn't count on them coming back to the US again with certainty as in the past. I think they most likely will...but if I had never seen them before like the original poster here I would see them wherever I could now..even if that meant traveling to Europe this summer.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 06:28 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 17, 2014 06:19

TornAndFried
Max'sKansasCity
TornAndFried
babyblue

This band is nearly the end of their touring days. That is a fact. There is only a little time left before they call it quits, or something uncontrollable such as a death or illness cuts their time short. It could be 5 years, 2 years, 6 months. Nobody really knows for sure. If I had never seen them before and really wanted to see them like the original poster here, then I wouldn't count on them coming back to the US again. I think they most likely will...but I would see them wherever I could even if it meant traveling to Europe this summer.

What a coincidence, that is almost exactly what someone posted back in 1975.

I wonder if they thought it just had to be said? I wonder if they thought that nobody else would know how life works without them posting the facts? Hey, maybe I should do it too... ATTENTION EVERYONE- You better not put off doing today what you might not be able to do tommorow, so call your parents, sibling and old friends and tell them you love them.

PS
I have always admired the way Keith made all the people who had him on their dead pool lists look silly. I wonder how mnay people who had Keith on their lists died themselves instead. And today Kieth lives and smiles and wears that blue jacket with white racing stripes on the sleeves... ya juts gotta love it.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 17, 2014 06:28

<<This band is nearly the end of their touring days. That is a fact. There is only a little time left before they call it quits>>

Don't be too sure. BB King was turning 70 in 1995, and I haven't heard of any illness or demise forcing him to retire. And if BB King can keep going at his age--not to mention girth--then there's no reason to think that the Stones can't keep performing as well for some time to come.

People who make comments like this are simply those for whom 70 seems really, really old, based on their first impressions growing up of people in their family and neighborhood.

The fact is, 70 is worn differently by different people. There are some 70 year olds who can hardly walk and there are others running full marathons.

Look at this guy--101, and he ran a 10 km race in 92 minutes. Beat that! Mind you, this marathon runner has finally retired--but not at a mere 70.

Fauja Singh, who ran the full Toronto marathon in 2011 at age 100, shown here in Edinburgh.

Fauja Singh in Mumbai.

Story on Fauja Singh at: [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Date: March 17, 2014 06:40

stonehearted
And dont be surprised to see Keith wearing this eaxct get-up when he comes back to plays shows with THE STONES on the next leg of the tour across the U.S. winking smiley

Jagger et al at 70 has more energy than a lot of people 1/2 his age, It is amazing, They are amazing. As far as I am concerned The Stones will live forever and I have no patience for anyone who says otherwise. I was sick and tired of hearing people saying they are too old back on the Steel Wheel chairs tour.

Date: March 17, 2014 06:43

stonehearted
<<This band is nearly the end of their touring days. That is a fact. There is only a little time left before they call it quits>>

Don't be too sure. BB King was turning 70 in 1995, and I haven't heard of any illness or demise forcing him to retire. And if BB King can keep going at his age--not to mention girth--then there's no reason to think that the Stones can't keep performing as well for some time to come.

People who make comments like this are simply those for whom 70 seems really, really old, based on their first impressions growing up of people in their family and neighborhood.

The fact is, 70 is worn differently by different people. There are some 70 year olds who can hardly walk and there are others running full marathons.

Sure, B.B.King is still performing...in a wheelchair! Have you seen him recently? One of the reasons B.B. can get away with it is the style of music he plays does not require him to move around or even to be standing up. Also, he has a lot of family members, ex-wives, friends, entourage and band members who depend on him for their livelihood which is one reason why is still going at it. But forgetting their age, I don't think the Stones - particularly Mick and Charlie - really enjoy touring that much anymore. Yes, they have some fun moments and enjoy the audience approval and the attention, and the money is really good. But I truly don't get the feeling Mick's heart is really into it that much anymore. And jokes aside, Keith's health is not that great and his lifestyle has certainly taken a toll on him. I think he often looks tired and run-down, and older than his 70 years. And you never know what kind of health issues are around the corner for anybody over 70. Personally, I would love to see them still playing for another 5 years or so...but I'm definitely not counting on it. And in any case, They should retire while they are still looking and playing pretty well. I love this band and would never want to see them suck on stage.

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 07:20 by TornAndFried.

Date: March 17, 2014 06:56

LOL, The Stones will never stop playing and the nay sayers will never stop stop nay saying, it is just what they do.

Its only Rock and Roll, just enjoy it...
why do some people have to over-analyze, judge and criticize EVERYTHING?

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home