Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: US Tour Fall 2014?
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 17, 2014 07:23

What is the purpose of an online Stones forum if not to judge, observe, dissect, criticize, complain, analyze, comment, rebuff, rebuke and disagree? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 07:25 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 17, 2014 07:51

TornAndFried
What is the purpose of an online Stones forum if not to judge, observe, dissect, criticize, complain, analyze, comment, rebuff, rebuke and disagree? smiling smiley

I think the purpose of this board is to give me fun information about my band, for instance- where they are playing, what they are playing, take me there, let me see pictures, let me see and hear videos, see tour dates, learn where they are playing next, hear the tales of people who went to the shows, imagine how it is/was as if I am there in person... Give me a glimmer of the magic.

It is too bad that I have to do it like like this now, but if it is all I have, then I am thankful for what I got.

And I laugh off the notion that anyone here is even close to being qualified to judge or tell Mick Jagger and his band what he/they should do or not do, or how they should act or what they should play and when... or any of that. We are simply fans.

They do their thing and I either keep liking it or I move on, but I sure as heck dont stick around in order for me to tell them what they need to do ... or to judge them... or dissect them or criticize them or complain about them or analyze them. Why would I ever do that?.... has that ever made anything better? Usually that type of activity kills all the fun.

I see the types of grumps around here who have collected (and over-analyzed under a microscope) one too many bootlegs, and they do not seem to have any fun with this, or anything, anymore. All they do is lash out and be grumpy about everything. I never want to become that type of grumpy grump.

Bottom line simple- The Stones play rock and roll which I like. Why over-think it? smiling smiley

PS
I also keep posting and reading here because there enough fun people who post here to keep it interesting above and beyond just The Stones... Fun Things one can learn on IORR-

Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 17, 2014 08:10

I was just being facetious. smiling smiley I agree with most of your comments and I too come to this forum mainly for information and updates, and find the endless complaints and criticisms here about the setlists, under-use of Mick Taylor, high ticket prices, etc. repetitive and tiresome. And they are utterly pointless as Mick and Keith and rest of The Rolling Stones, Inc. machinery will do what they want, how they want and when they want. That's how it's always been with them so we all must take it or leave it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-17 08:30 by TornAndFried.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: March 17, 2014 08:14

TornAndFried
I was just being facetious. smiling smiley I agree with most of your comments and I too come to this forum mainly for information and updates, and find the endless complaints and criticisms here about the setlists, under-use of Mick Taylor, high ticket prices and the like are repetitive and tiresome. And they are mostly pointless as Mick and Keith will do what they want, how they want and when they want. That's how it's always been with them so take it or leave it.
smileys with beer

hey wait a minute... I can do better than that for SAINT PATRICK'S DAY!!

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: March 17, 2014 15:38

I have been to 4 Stones concerts in Ohio, one at the Reds Stadium, and the other 3 at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio. All 4 were sold out, with very enthusiastic and raucous audiences. All 4 were in late August or September.

Like the stock market, past performance does not predict performance at a later date. That is true, but I am convinced that the Stones will show up in Ohio in August, September, or October.

Posted by: SWAYZ ()
Date: March 18, 2014 03:18

I dont see them doing much after Europe after today's news.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: March 18, 2014 11:11

SWAYZ
I dont see them doing much after Europe after today's news.

I disagree. MJ is the kind of guy who throws himself into more work. I can easily see North America shows in the Autumn/Winter. And geographically the shows last year didn't touch the Southern States so much (unless you can count Los Angeles as Southern States)

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1772
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home