Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RollingStones SilverTrain Video TokyoDome 4th Mar 2014
Posted by: MJRocksoff ()
Date: March 5, 2014 04:47

Re: RollingStones SilverTrain Video TokyoDome 4th Mar 2014
Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: March 5, 2014 05:21

Its about time!!!!!

Posted by: muffie ()
Date: March 5, 2014 05:33

The RollingStones youtube channel published the official '73 video on 4th of March 2014 letting us know:

RollingStones
Tonight the Rolling Stones performed this song live for the first time since 1973! Watch the original promo video in HD, for the first time ever on YouTube.

"I'm goin' home on a southbound train with a song in my mouth"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 22:58 by muffie.

Posted by: CMH516 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 05:38

Loved it! And a good example of why MT should be on stage more. Keith can lay back and rock the rhythm while Woody and Taylor do the fills.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: March 5, 2014 05:43

CMH516
Loved it! And a good example of why MT should be on stage more. Keith can lay back and rock the rhythm while Woody and Taylor do the fills.
For that reason, it is perfect. Great example of this.

However, in a way I also think its ridiculous stupid because of all the songs they could bust out they choose this. Not that I don't like the song, I really do and I love the whole Goats Head Soup album. But this is a song, above many others, that I think many in the crowd don't know and is genuinely kind of boring in that respect. If the Stones were changing their sets around frequently, this would fit in. But making it a request song and giving it an extra special treatment, to me shows that this isn't a song that warrants that.

Posted by: TeaAtThree ()
Date: March 5, 2014 06:59

You gotta love any chance to hear Mick Taylor on slide and Jagger on harp! Considering it's the first airing, I hope they keep it. It can only get better.
T@3

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: March 5, 2014 12:17

Let's hope Mick T is allowed to break through the 4 song barrier soon. There's no reason he shouldn't be playing on any of the other songs that he originally appeared on, album wise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-05 12:17 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: March 5, 2014 12:36

Let's hope Mick T is allowed to break through the 4 song barrier soon There's no reason he shouldn't be playing on any of the other songs that he originally appeared on, album wise.

....Yeah I dunno Dagger ... there's not a lot for Jagger ta do on Tubular Bells

ROCKMAN

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: March 5, 2014 13:49

"We haven't done this song ... we haven't done this song live since, uh ... I don't know, we've done it a couple of times in the seventies, but that is about it."

Classic Jagger. grinning smiley
Lemme help ya, Mick: you did it four times in 1973. But yeah, yer right I guess.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2014 15:36

TeaAtThree
You gotta love any chance to hear Mick Taylor on slide and Jagger on harp! Considering it's the first airing, I hope they keep it. It can only get better.
T@3

Totally agree. I thought it was a good version, really catching fire near the end with some nice harp playing.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: March 5, 2014 16:47

love it,
love it, love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great. I hope they will let Mick T play more songs, but my guess is, indeed, Jagger wont like it and says no.

He has to play the forever young man, and wont stand for anyone getting more attention.

Jeroen

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: March 5, 2014 18:19

Thanks for posting. Very much enjoyed this, hope they keep it in the set list.

Wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:17

This happened???
eye popping smiley

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:52

Hi Friends!

Here is an amazing smoking hot version of Silver train by Mick Taylor and Carla Olsen. Enjoy!!!

Posted by: Powerage ()
Date: March 5, 2014 19:54

Perfect example of why Mick Taylor should be on stage more and what he really brings musically to the band...

Great, great version.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: March 5, 2014 20:13

Let's cut to the chase, here you go:

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2014 21:18

Yikes. Pretty rough. Bloody awful.

But it's cool that they did it. About time they do something like that.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: March 5, 2014 21:47

Hope they keep playing this, sounds great!! Be nice to hear Til The Next Time We Say Goodbye!!

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 22:42

CMH516

thumbs upthumbs up

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:04

LieB
"We haven't done this song ... we haven't done this song live since, uh ... I don't know, we've done it a couple of times in the seventies, but that is about it."

Lemme help ya, Mick: you did it four times in 1973. But yeah, yer right I guess.

That's awesome. 1994 Superdome show for Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) he said it was from Black And Blue!

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: March 8, 2014 18:16

Sounded good.

Bill obsessively followed the band's doings when a member; I wonder if he keeps track of stuff like this revived song now.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:04

Really good version. I hope they do this one more as well as some others.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: March 9, 2014 01:55

GasLightStreet
LieB

That's awesome. 1994 Superdome show for Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) he said it was from Black And Blue!

There was a radio broadcast of (most of) that show back in the day. I remember hearing him say that and face-palming, lol

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:40

jamesfdouglas
GasLightStreet
LieB

There was a radio broadcast of (most of) that show back in the day. I remember hearing him say that and face-palming, lol
he did that at almost every show on the tour...just a aw shucks gimmick...thought out well in advance..like everything else...!!!

Posted by: diverseharmonics ()
Date: March 9, 2014 05:50

happy to be here...happy to be anywhere!!.....are you having a good time?.... (three times) ..do we know this one?...Yes!..Ronnie says he knows it!....not sure where this one is from....goats head soup someone said....all rehearsed WELL in advance to appear as off-the cuff-remarks to the casual fans in the audience...but to pretend that you don"t know which album the song is from...after you (supposedly) rehearsed the crap out of it......please...

Posted by: Carnaby ()
Date: March 9, 2014 06:07

CMH516

What?!? It's the other way around, pal.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: March 9, 2014 07:34

1000 x yes and thanks. You cannot tell me they didn't enjoy playing this tune.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2042
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home