Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith shared a mic - last time?
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:11

Mick and Keith shared a mic to sing together in concert....ala the 69-73 period?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 05:54 by bv.

Re: When was the last time that....
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:36

mrpaulincanada
Mick and Keith shared a mic to sing together in concert....ala the 69-73 period?

They were still doing it on the '75 and '76 tours, and occasionally on the '78 tour. I don't know about the following tours but keep in mind Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:41

TornAndFried
Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

The second show and in Shine A Light. I was at the show and the roar from the crowd gave me chills. Still does.

Date: March 4, 2014 18:55

Before that it was during Little T+A in Leeds 1982...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:31

Didn't they in 2013?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:06

Very interesting indeed, keeping track of issues like this! I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the eraly days, up to 1967.Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

Date: March 5, 2014 00:14

Another one..the last time Mick used maracas or tambourine during a song. I remember 2003 at the Olympia during Dance, when he used this strange drum,and maracas for a very short instance in 1989 but a tambourine, it has to be a long time since.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:24

DandelionPowderman

I haven't seen any footage of that song from '82, but Mick was offstage for the '81 leg, as far as I know. Was this a one-off or something?

Date: March 5, 2014 00:51

Kirk
I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the early days, up to 1967? Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

In the early days it was often necessary to share a microphone onstage as the sound mixers back then had only 4 or possibly 8 inputs.Today they can have over 100!

Date: March 5, 2014 00:56

Sipuncula
DandelionPowderman

I haven't seen any footage of that song from '82, but Mick was offstage for the '81 leg, as far as I know. Was this a one-off or something?

Supposedly it was. Last show of the tour. There are pics.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:02

DandelionPowderman

No. Paradiso 1995 during Connection.

Date: March 5, 2014 01:04

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

That's cool if true thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2014 02:32

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

That would probably be the last time before 'Far away eyes' on 'Shine a light' (which was probably somewhat scripted)

'Connection' wasnt played at those two shows as part of Keith's mini-set as it was followed by the band intros and THEN his two solo songs.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 04:11

fahthree
TornAndFried
Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

The second show and in Shine A Light. I was at the show and the roar from the crowd gave me chills. Still does.

Steve Bing, who financed the movie, insisted as a clause that they share the mic once.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2014 04:14

mrpaulincanada

The movie Shine A Light? I dunno.

Date: March 5, 2014 23:45

TornAndFried
Kirk
I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the early days, up to 1967? Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

In the early days it was often necessary to share a microphone onstage as the sound mixers back then had only 4 or possibly 8 inputs.Today they can have over 100!

Yes, I know, and you are right in this, but watching for example Wild horses in Knebworth, with Keith and Ronnie joining Mick to sing the chorus, I suppose this is not due to technical restrictions.

Date: March 6, 2014 04:10

Kirk
TornAndFried
Kirk

Yes, I know, and you are right in this, but watching for example Wild Horses in Knebwort with Keith and Ronnie joining Mick to sing the chorus, I suppose this is not due to technical restrictions.

When I said mixing consoles in the early days having only 4 or 8 inputs I was referring to pre-1967. When Mick, Keith and Ronnie shared a mic at Knebworth in 1976 it wasn't for technical reasons. It was for show.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 04:59

I'm sure I saw this on the Steel Wheels tour on Dead Flowers (I think . . . a rarity on that tour). One of the Shea shows?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 6, 2014 05:07

I think at this point in their lives we should be grateful that they are both willing to share the same stage and play together in a band. Besides, they are well off enough now that they can each afford their own microphones. You can see Keith and Ronnie sharing a mic--and even a cigarette--during Just My Imagination in Let's Spend The Night Together. And that's another thing--Mick does the singing and has the hired hands doing the backing vocals, which is all part of the professional latter day polish. Mic-sharing is so.... 70s. Or 60s.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2014 05:22

Kirk
Another one..the last time Mick used maracas or tambourine during a song. I remember 2003 at the Olympia during Dance, when he used this strange drum,and maracas for a very short instance in 1989 but a tambourine, it has to be a long time since.

Tambourine - no idea, but he was using maracas during the instrumental jam on Can't You Hear Me Knocking at some 2013 shows - certainly in Chicago and probably others.

Re: Mick and Keith shared a mic - last time?
Date: March 6, 2014 08:46

There is a pic of them sharing the mic on th the SW-tour was well in the Stones Gear book...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 6, 2014 20:38

In Boston, June 2013, when they played " Memory Motel", they sang " together", with Keith singing the chorus but they were yards apart on stage....no sharing of the microphone unfortunately...still a real highlight of the tour.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:24

Imagine Keith's breath after he's been up 4 days on a coke binge. Not many would fancy sharing a mic with that...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2013
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home