Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick and Keith shared a mic - last time?
Posted by: mrpaulincanada ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:11

Mick and Keith shared a mic to sing together in concert....ala the 69-73 period?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-06 05:54 by bv.

Re: When was the last time that....
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:36

mrpaulincanada
Mick and Keith shared a mic to sing together in concert....ala the 69-73 period?

They were still doing it on the '75 and '76 tours, and occasionally on the '78 tour. I don't know about the following tours but keep in mind Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 4, 2014 18:41

TornAndFried
Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

The second show and in Shine A Light. I was at the show and the roar from the crowd gave me chills. Still does.

Date: March 4, 2014 18:55

Before that it was during Little T+A in Leeds 1982...

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: March 4, 2014 19:31

Didn't they in 2013?

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:06

Very interesting indeed, keeping track of issues like this! I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the eraly days, up to 1967.Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

Date: March 5, 2014 00:14

Another one..the last time Mick used maracas or tambourine during a song. I remember 2003 at the Olympia during Dance, when he used this strange drum,and maracas for a very short instance in 1989 but a tambourine, it has to be a long time since.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: March 5, 2014 00:24

DandelionPowderman

I haven't seen any footage of that song from '82, but Mick was offstage for the '81 leg, as far as I know. Was this a one-off or something?

Date: March 5, 2014 00:51

Kirk
I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the early days, up to 1967? Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

In the early days it was often necessary to share a microphone onstage as the sound mixers back then had only 4 or possibly 8 inputs.Today they can have over 100!

Date: March 5, 2014 00:56

Sipuncula
DandelionPowderman

I haven't seen any footage of that song from '82, but Mick was offstage for the '81 leg, as far as I know. Was this a one-off or something?

Supposedly it was. Last show of the tour. There are pics.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: March 5, 2014 01:02

DandelionPowderman

No. Paradiso 1995 during Connection.

Date: March 5, 2014 01:04

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

That's cool if true thumbs up

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: March 5, 2014 02:32

Dreamer
DandelionPowderman

That would probably be the last time before 'Far away eyes' on 'Shine a light' (which was probably somewhat scripted)

'Connection' wasnt played at those two shows as part of Keith's mini-set as it was followed by the band intros and THEN his two solo songs.

Posted by: TeddyB1018 ()
Date: March 5, 2014 04:11

fahthree
TornAndFried
Keith hasn't been doing so much background vocals since the 81/82 tours. I did see Mick and Keith share a microphone on Faraway Eyes at one of the Beacon Theatre shows in 2006.

The second show and in Shine A Light. I was at the show and the roar from the crowd gave me chills. Still does.

Steve Bing, who financed the movie, insisted as a clause that they share the mic once.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: March 5, 2014 04:14

mrpaulincanada

The movie Shine A Light? I dunno.

Date: March 5, 2014 23:45

TornAndFried
Kirk
I wonder if they shared a mic to sing together in the early days, up to 1967? Or in that case Bill with Brian and/or Mick or Keith sharing a mic.

In the early days it was often necessary to share a microphone onstage as the sound mixers back then had only 4 or possibly 8 inputs.Today they can have over 100!

Yes, I know, and you are right in this, but watching for example Wild horses in Knebworth, with Keith and Ronnie joining Mick to sing the chorus, I suppose this is not due to technical restrictions.

Date: March 6, 2014 04:10

Kirk
TornAndFried
Kirk

Yes, I know, and you are right in this, but watching for example Wild Horses in Knebwort with Keith and Ronnie joining Mick to sing the chorus, I suppose this is not due to technical restrictions.

When I said mixing consoles in the early days having only 4 or 8 inputs I was referring to pre-1967. When Mick, Keith and Ronnie shared a mic at Knebworth in 1976 it wasn't for technical reasons. It was for show.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: March 6, 2014 04:59

I'm sure I saw this on the Steel Wheels tour on Dead Flowers (I think . . . a rarity on that tour). One of the Shea shows?

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: March 6, 2014 05:07

I think at this point in their lives we should be grateful that they are both willing to share the same stage and play together in a band. Besides, they are well off enough now that they can each afford their own microphones. You can see Keith and Ronnie sharing a mic--and even a cigarette--during Just My Imagination in Let's Spend The Night Together. And that's another thing--Mick does the singing and has the hired hands doing the backing vocals, which is all part of the professional latter day polish. Mic-sharing is so.... 70s. Or 60s.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: March 6, 2014 05:22

Kirk
Another one..the last time Mick used maracas or tambourine during a song. I remember 2003 at the Olympia during Dance, when he used this strange drum,and maracas for a very short instance in 1989 but a tambourine, it has to be a long time since.

Tambourine - no idea, but he was using maracas during the instrumental jam on Can't You Hear Me Knocking at some 2013 shows - certainly in Chicago and probably others.

Re: Mick and Keith shared a mic - last time?
Date: March 6, 2014 08:46

There is a pic of them sharing the mic on th the SW-tour was well in the Stones Gear book...

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: March 6, 2014 20:38

In Boston, June 2013, when they played " Memory Motel", they sang " together", with Keith singing the chorus but they were yards apart on stage....no sharing of the microphone unfortunately...still a real highlight of the tour.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: March 6, 2014 22:24

Imagine Keith's breath after he's been up 4 days on a coke binge. Not many would fancy sharing a mic with that...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2359
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home