Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Tokyo 2 Fan Song Vote
Posted by: mtaylor ()
Date: March 3, 2014 19:58

IYCRM

Date: March 3, 2014 21:13

I've counted (at about 3:30 am Japanese time on show day) the Likes/Favorites and Shares/Retweets on Facebook and Twitter, according to the instruction "Like or share to vote" in the official posts. I don't know, if they will somehow eliminate double likes/shares by the same user, but doubt it. Since they now posted and tweeted the offer to vote again, I counted for both respective posts per song. I OBVIOUSLY COULD NOT COUNT VOTES ON THEIR HOMEPAGE, WHICH COULD CHANGE THE RANKING.

The result, which might show a tendency, if one pressumes, that the votes per homepage are similar and that I have counted like they do. The numbers behind each song are the votes:

#1) If You Can't Rock Me: 14.576

#2) You Got Me Rocking: 12.593

#3) Silver Train: 11.886

#4) All down the Line: 11.738

#5) Respectable: 10.405

#6) When the Whip Comes Down: 10.356

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 00:51 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:19

A friend of mine and I are planning on going to two of the German shows this year, if scheduling works out, and we joke that we know they'll play You Got Me Rocking. One can't escape that song.

Posted by: maradona ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:24

StrawberriesBlueberries

As you did not only leave out the votes on the homepage but also the ones on YouTube, I really doubt ANYONE of the band will make an effort to get the "true" result.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 3, 2014 21:26

fahthree
One can't escape that song.

It was only played four times in 2013.

Date: March 3, 2014 21:31

maradona

As you did not only leave out the votes on the homepage but also the ones on YouTube, I really doubt ANYONE of the band will make an effort to get the "true" result.

Where can you vote on Youtube? Don't see this. Their last post is the "highlights" of Tokyo video from 5 days ago.

Date: March 3, 2014 22:11

StrawberriesBlueberries
maradona

Where can you vote on Youtube? Don't see this. Their last post is the "highlights" of Tokyo video from 5 days ago.

I think of the embedded video on the homepage. Apparently you can vote by clicking on one of the pictures in the end of it. Additionally, there is the "traditional" method.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: March 3, 2014 22:59

I'm feeling cynical lately. Can't help thinking why Macca can change 4 to 5 songs every tour to mix it up for the fans. For some reason it seems Mick is stuck on the idea people want to hear nothing but the biggest hits. Again, how does this work for Macca and not for them. Maybe they just don't care or don't want to step outside the box? The problem here for me is Mick has always snubbed the idea of being nostalgic. I would say what is the present Rolling Stones. Maybe I'm stuck in the past where there was always new albums and songs to support. Okay there aren't any at the moment (except two) but they have a huge back catalog of songs to choose from. It's a great tour as always but it could be even better, so why not?

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: March 3, 2014 23:16

It's all complete and utter nonsense. The fan vote should be entirely made up from relatively previously unplayed live songs that a long term fan would like to hear. Not a desparate bunch of previously played well known songs with one obscure (to newer fans) track thrown in to show it's not predetermind. Silver Train is unlikely to ever get picked.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: March 3, 2014 23:42

I don't get the sudden clamor for Silver Train. When it was new, they dropped Silver Train from the setlist after a few shows on the 1973 Europe tour, and it has stayed dropped for 40 years. Are people so desperate for variety in the set list that they get hot and bothered that the Stones rehearsed a warmed over All Down the Line with a weak opening riff?

Johnny Winter's cover (on Still Alive and Well) wipes the floor with the Stones' version.

I'd rather hear All Down the Line with Mick Taylor.

Date: March 4, 2014 00:13

ab
Are people so desperate for variety in the set list .

Yes.

I think Tumbling Dice should be replaced by All Down The Line.

Date: March 4, 2014 01:43

StrawberriesBlueberries
I've counted (at about 3:30 am Japanese time on show day) the Likes/Favorites and Shares/Retweets on Facebook and Twitter, according to the instruction "Like or share to vote" in the official posts. I don't know, if they will somehow eliminate double likes/shares by the same user, but doubt it. Since they now posted and tweeted the offer to vote again, I counted for both respective posts per song. I OBVIOUSLY COULD NOT COUNT VOTES ON THEIR HOMEPAGE, WHICH COULD CHANGE THE RANKING.

The result, which might show a tendency, if one pressumes, that the votes per homepage are similar and that I have counted like they do. The numbers behind each song are the votes:

You Got Me Rocking seems to be comming closer...

about 8:15 am Japanese time, same way of counting I did before:

#1) If You Can't Rock Me: 19.507

#2) You Got Me Rocking: 18.803

#3) Silver Train: 17.325

#4) All down the Line: 16.099

#5) Respectable: 14.902

#6) When the Whip Comes Down: 14.762

How ridiculous will it get?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2014 02:04

In this, the waning days of the Stone's stage legacy, how low will the bar be dropped? Over on their Facebook page they're asking people to vote on whether the Stones should play 'You Got Me Rocking' tomorrow night. That's the level of their 'rarities' these days?

Re: How ridiculous will it get?
Posted by: bv ()
Date: March 4, 2014 02:14

24FPS
In this, the waning days of the Stone's stage legacy, how low will the bar be dropped? Over on their Facebook page they're asking people to vote on whether the Stones should play 'You Got Me Rocking' tomorrow night. That's the level of their 'rarities' these days?

Well it is a free world and that is what voting is all about. If a hundred million Japanese love 'You Got Me Rocking' and vote for it that is great and they will get what they want. And ... I like it!

Bjornulf

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: March 4, 2014 02:38

bv
24FPS

Well it is a free world and that is what voting is all about. If a hundred million Japanese love 'You Got Me Rocking' and vote for it that is great and they will get what they want. And ... I like it!

I hope you have a great time. You deserve it. And thank your ears that they never tire of hearing the same songs over and over. Cheers.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: March 4, 2014 02:56

But see, when they do propose playing a lower-profile song, they get criticized for that too. It's like "We want deep cuts [whatever the faff they are] BUT ONLY THE RIGHT DEEP CUTS!! Which we shall now determine, based on" . . what, exactly? There may be people clamoring for You Got Me Rocking because it gives a shoutout to butchers, for all we know.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: March 4, 2014 05:01

Gazing into my crystal ball, I see Moonlight Mile already in the super-secret setlist tomorrow. They've got it ready, like Knocking was at Staples even before Sway got the fanvote. So it's all good, right............?

Posted by: Macnee2 ()
Date: March 4, 2014 09:05

StrawberriesBlueberries
On Facebook (the Likes) at the moment it looks as though If You Can't Rock Me will win. It's followed by You Got Me Rocking and then Silver Train. Of course that's just the likes on Facebook. I voted on their website for If You Can't Rock Me (my favourite of the list, not played recently) and then again for Silver Train (because of Taylor), but I'm not sure, if the second vote from same IP address counts.

I'd put a +1 for If You Can't Rock Me if the vote was for here, rare enough to please the tour followers and pop enough for my daughter who I'm taking.

Date: March 4, 2014 11:26

StrawberriesBlueberries
StrawberriesBlueberries

I counted one last time at about 12 am Japanese time, assuming they might stop counting around that time (midday, as they said in their instruction for the app voting last year, see my post above) to start their decision of the set list. According to what I have counted there on Facebook and Twitter, YGMR got stronger and stonger and had by then caught up with IYCRM. So I assume it might have been a close finish between those two on their homepage voting. My counts (and end of my little experiement).

YGMR: 21.875

IYCRM: 21.667

ST: 19.737

The poll on their homepage is still online, by the way, though it can't be relvant anymore. Since the homepage result can differ, I suppose it's still possible, IYCRM is the winner, but at least from my counting Silver Train didn't make it (until 12 am). Now I'm curious, if the official result will be accordant or if it's all nonsense, what I have counted here... (some hope, it is nonsense, for sure).

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 11:53 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: March 4, 2014 11:28

StrawberriesBlueberries

And I say: "Hey, hey, we got it winning" grinning smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: March 4, 2014 11:38

YGMR ?! Shows the fandom level of those attending/paying attention at this point in the game, but then that's why the Stones still play to large audiences...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: March 4, 2014 11:47

gotdablouse
YGMR ?! Shows the fandom level of those attending/paying attention at this point in the game, but then that's why the Stones still play to large audiences...

If it will really be the winner, I don't know of course, see my reservations above. It is also possible, some people liked and shared a certain 'song picture', because he/she simply liked the image and didn't care for the poll, so the homepage result may differ also because of that. But I think my counting probably shows, that YGMR is very popular among people (not hardcore fans, though, or at least not IORR forum fans).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-03-04 11:48 by StrawberriesBlueberries.

Date: March 4, 2014 12:08

erikjjf
fahthree

3/3 in 2014 winking smiley

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: March 4, 2014 12:19

maradona
erikjjf
fahthree

3/3 in 2014 winking smiley

No, it's two out of three so far. They didn't play it at Tokyo #1.

Date: March 4, 2014 13:16

Looking forward to a video from tonight's Silver Train...

Date: March 4, 2014 13:21

erikjjf
fahthree

Yes, and it found me in Toronto and a friend of mine in Vegas.

Date: March 4, 2014 14:09

maradona
StrawberriesBlueberries
maradona

I think of the embedded video on the homepage. Apparently you can vote by clicking on one of the pictures in the end of it. Additionally, there is the "traditional" method.

This Youtube 'click on the video to vote' thing doesn't make any sense, since I don't see, how they could count any votes by the likes for these old videos (uploaded years or months ago), that are linked at the end of the appeal to vote video. The videos are watched by many people for different reasons, they aren't reserved for the poll and don't say so in the description. I think, they are there to illustrate the songs, so people know, which song is what. The bandmembers point to the right side of the video to click, so their people probably forgot to embed a link to their homepage, where you can vote. They embeded such a link last year, I remember a video, where Charlie points to his ears to click, where then appeared two links grinning smiley .

Date: March 4, 2014 14:10

I try to conclude something from my experimental counting. Could it be, that Silver Train is a song mainly older fans voted for, who maybe to a high amount don't use Twitter or Facebook, so they after all ended up to be the majority that wasn't on Facebook and Twitter alone?

An additional idea would be, that the only poll they use is the one on their homepage and that all this voting on Twitter and Facebook and also Google Plus (which didn't have much voters, so I neglected it) doesn't have any effect but is just PR.

Anyway, I hope a good video of the Silver Train performance appears ... and that everybody likes it. smiling smiley

Date: March 4, 2014 14:28

StrawberriesBlueberries

Anyway, I hope a good video of the Silver Train performance appears ... and that everybody likes it. smiling smiley

I agree, but sadly you know people will complain. If it's rough fine with me -- it's different.

Posted by: Stones Blah ()
Date: March 4, 2014 15:35

My vote goes to all six of them, resulting in a much better setlist!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2136
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home