Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Fact!? Mick Taylor's FATE is it to upgrade The Stones
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: February 18, 2014 19:26

thumbs up
TheGreek
mick taylor has a signature VIBRATO tone . you can hear Taylor's vibrato from a mile away .no mistaking Taylor's tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: February 18, 2014 19:30

DoomandGloom
thumbs up
TheGreek
mick taylor has a signature VIBRATO tone . you can hear Taylor's vibrato from a mile away .no mistaking Taylor's tone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That can get in the way sometimes as a song can become more about a player than the song.

Some of Hendrix's songs suffer a bit from this.

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 18, 2014 19:40

His Majesty
Was just meaning that perhaps a dual riff/rhythm/lead approach might have suited Bitch better rather than just Taylor riff/rhythm and keith fills/lead. tongue sticking out smiley

In the end, during the 1973 winter tour in Australia, they came close to that.

Date: February 18, 2014 19:43

His Majesty
kleermaker

If we are talking about guitar playing, we're not talking about songwriting or inventing riffs. His solo playing is mediocre at best, his rhythm playing is great, but not in combination with a mediocre melodic player like what's his name. His licks and his slide playing are nothing special. The way he plays his riffs on stage vary between fantastic and wobbly. His acoustic guitar skills are just okay, but nothing special.

So, to recap, you...

* Think Keith is crap at playing guitar
* Don't like Jimi Hendrix
* Think Led Zeppelin are unknown to young of today

... and ...

* Think you have special ears

smiling bouncing smiley

grinning smiley

Just a gentle bit of ribbing sir. smiling smiley

I never said Keith is a crap guitarist. Far from that. But as a guitar player he isn't utterly great either. As a songwriter he is ace (didn't he write Ruby Tuesday on his own?).

Date: February 18, 2014 19:45

kleermaker

In the end, during the 1973 winter tour in Australia, they came close to that.

Hot! hot smiley

Date: February 18, 2014 19:59

kleermaker

I never said Keith is a crap guitarist. Far from that. But as a guitar player he isn't utterly great either. As a songwriter he is ace (didn't he write Ruby Tuesday on his own?).

Just exaggerating for effect. grinning smiley

Date: February 18, 2014 20:05

His Majesty
DoomandGloom
thumbs up
TheGreek

That can get in the way sometimes as a song can become more about a player than the song.

Yes it can but it never did on any Rolling Stones official releases. If you put a microscope to any band that's played as often as the Stones you can draw any conclusion you preconceive. The people here that seek to criticize have no idea. I jammed with Ronnie once for for an entire overnight, he knew a million songs, had great timing and was more fun to jam with than any of my best playing friends who played as a hobby. You simply have no clue if you think otherwise, these 1960's guys approach classic rock in a manner that is lost today. Playing 2 or 3 100 Watt amps balls out shows every flaw but that's where the insane tone comes from. Keith's 5 Tele tone in Philly was something I'll never forget. For all the bitching about SFD, the sound of his TV Junior in Brooklyn was fat, fat ,fat. I will grant you today's Keith may be limited but he's 70 and may be hurting, still he is a pioneer. Taylor is a genius musician and Ronnie is a great star who's saved this band this past year.

Date: February 18, 2014 20:13

His Majesty
kleermaker

Just exaggerating for effect. grinning smiley

Great special effect. grinning smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 18, 2014 20:53

DoomandGloom
His Majesty
DoomandGloom
thumbs up
TheGreek

Yes it can but it never did on any Rolling Stones official releases. If you put a microscope to any band that's played as often as the Stones you can draw any conclusion you preconceive. The people here that seek to criticize have no idea. I jammed with Ronnie once for for an entire overnight, he knew a million songs, had great timing and was more fun to jam with than any of my best playing friends who played as a hobby. You simply have no clue if you think otherwise, these 1960's guys approach classic rock in a manner that is lost today. Playing 2 or 3 100 Watt amps balls out shows every flaw but that's where the insane tone comes from. Keith's 5 Tele tone in Philly was something I'll never forget. For all the bitching about SFD, the sound of his TV Junior in Brooklyn was fat, fat ,fat. I will grant you today's Keith may be limited but he's 70 and may be hurting, still he is a pioneer. Taylor is a genius musician and Ronnie is a great star who's saved this band this past year.

Doom&Gloom-

>The people here that seek to criticize have no idea. I jammed with Ronnie once for for an entire overnight, he knew a million songs, had great timing and was more fun to jam with<

well lets hear more about that jam..thats a little underwhelming to leave it like that..?

Date: February 18, 2014 20:57

DoomandGloom
... these 1960's guys approach classic rock in a manner that is lost today.

music

That's why we're here, but it doesn't mean we'll like all they do and talking about that is ok.

Date: February 18, 2014 21:29

His Majesty
DoomandGloom
... these 1960's guys approach classic rock in a manner that is lost today.

music

That's why we're here, but it doesn't mean we'll like all they do and talking about that is ok.
Ok

Date: February 18, 2014 21:38

duke richardson
DoomandGloom
His Majesty
DoomandGloom
thumbs up
TheGreek

Doom&Gloom-

>The people here that seek to criticize have no idea. I jammed with Ronnie once for for an entire overnight, he knew a million songs, had great timing and was more fun to jam with<

well lets hear more about that jam..thats a little underwhelming to leave it like that..?
Well, I was a kid studio receptionist on an overnight. Ronnie was on a session but not really being called to play yet. I usually had my guitar overnight at the desk and Ronnie joined me. We played old rock and roll songs, whatever came to mind and kind of grunted the lyrics. Billy Idol was in the next room and joined in for a while. Eventually we ran out of booze and stuff, there were plenty of good laughs. Wood is a very, very nice person and Billy is a sweetheart but I was too shy to break into a Stones song since for a hot minute the Stones were a touchy subject.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-18 21:40 by DoomandGloom.

Date: February 24, 2014 20:35

Well, as "the duke" seems to be busy elsewhere I would like to thank you for your answer.

Must have been a thrilling moment!

Life has its surprises almost always when not expected.

Crazy little thing called life...

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1436
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home