Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

A 5 City Tour Focused on "Sticky Fingers and "BLEED"
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 24, 2014 01:51

Likely this can never happen but how many of you would buy tickets for a Stones Concert featuring all of "Sticky Fingers" alternating with "Let It Bleed"?

Plus each show to also feature five songs of the band's own favorites.

In this fantasy of mine, I see the cities as London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Further fantasizing...Ticket prices to range from $100 to $500.

Re: A 5 City Tour Focused on "Sticky Fingers and "BLEED"
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 24, 2014 01:55

This one of the Stones shows I would actually pay $500 to see.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:20

Count me in! It would be cool if the individual members each picked a favorite--I'd like to see what Charlie picks, for instance, or if Ronnie picks a song that Mick T or Brian originally played on. Or if Keith picks one of his own.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 24, 2014 02:38

I think Charlie would choose the "Take the A Train" intro for these concerts. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: February 24, 2014 05:05

I think the idea of a five City tour is fine but I wouldn't just focus on those two albums......They've had tons of airplay already......

I'd do.........

1. A pub in St. David's in West Wales, (the smallest city in the UK - which I know Mick loves - Warpool Court hotel)....here I'd have them doing a mash up of Rolling Stones 1 & 2, Out of our heads and Aftermath....

2. Then move on to Dirty Dora's nightclub in Swansea (my hometown)....a mash up of GHS, Black & Blue and Undercover.....(the beauty and the sleaze......

3. Then Brecon, another small city in mid Wales (renowned for it's Jazz festival).....here, some freestyling jams on the riverbank fields based on Sat Maj, IORR and Bridges to babylon + Child of the moon.....(some stuff from the EOMS & SG bonus discs could be christened here too, I ain't signifying for one..

4.Then down to Cardiff's Millenium Stadium for the big 6, BB,LIB,SF,EOMS,SG & TY

5. Then lastly, across the bridge to England (just to show we're not completely selfish in Wales), I'm sure you could work something out of what's left for a couple of hours of ER, SW, VL & ABB in Bristol's Colston Hall.........(oh...& DW......grinning smiley

Sounds like a plan.............smoking smiley

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 05:14 by EddieByword.

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 24, 2014 05:13

Could do a 5 cities and counting tour.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 24, 2014 06:56

I'd easily pay $1k+ for a concert like this.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:17

Only if you allow me to indulge in that fantasy and attend one show with you.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:49

Live shows of these two albums cannot be replaced by "tons of airplay".

I'm sure The Sicilian will agree!

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: February 24, 2014 07:59

stonesrule

For the last 30 years I've agreed with that without question.

Date: February 24, 2014 09:33

They did something similar on the Licks tour. Was it four tracks off an album they played on the arena shows back then?

I remember they focused on Let It Bleed for one of the MSG shows.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 24, 2014 09:43

Licks Melbourne 2003 we got things like
Wild Horses....Dead Flowers ... Monkey Man ... Live With Me
.... Slippin' Away...Angie ......Sweet Virginia and of course The Worst

ROCKMAN

Date: February 24, 2014 10:36

The Rolling Stones Madison Square Garden New York City, NY, USA Thursday Sept. 26, 2002:

(A mini Exile set)

7. Loving Cup
8. Rocks Off
9. Rip This Joint
10. Tumbling Dice

Posted by: Screamer ()
Date: February 24, 2014 10:52

DandelionPowderman
The Rolling Stones Madison Square Garden New York City, NY, USA Thursday Sept. 26, 2002:

(A mini Exile set)

7. Loving Cup
8. Rocks Off
9. Rip This Joint
10. Tumbling Dice

It got better October 14, 2002 in Cleveland:

6. Sweet Virginia
7. Loving Cup
8. All Down the Line
9. Rocks Off
10. Tumbling Dice

Licks Tour really had awesome setlists.

Date: February 24, 2014 10:54

thumbs up

Posted by: MadMax ()
Date: February 24, 2014 11:51

I'd rather have the whole of Emotional Rescue, GHS and Undercover with some IORR and Black and Blue thrown in for good measure.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: February 24, 2014 12:13

stonesrule
Likely this can never happen but how many of you would buy tickets for a Stones Concert featuring all of "Sticky Fingers" alternating with "Let It Bleed"?

Plus each show to also feature five songs of the band's own favorites.

In this fantasy of mine, I see the cities as London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago.

Further fantasizing...Ticket prices to range from $100 to $500.

I'd rather just listen to the albums and donate $100-$500 to a good charity.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 24, 2014 13:10

I wouldn't be able to travel to any of those five cities, but I'd certainly buy the DVD. Surely they'd have to have Mick Taylor along as well?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 15:10 by stonehearted.

Date: February 24, 2014 15:09

The Sicilian
stonesrule

For the last 30 years I've agreed with that without question.

Well, you've got a club now, congrats..........

imo, considering everything the Stones have done, your idea although fairly nice was just a bit too limited..........

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 20:02 by EddieByword.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: February 24, 2014 15:30

Would be a great idea if they could plan a worth while special tour for fans. Then again the tourist would figure out a way to take over with no better reason than "because we can".

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: February 24, 2014 15:34

EddieByword
I think the idea of a five City tour is fine but I wouldn't just focus on those two albums......They've had tons of airplay already......

I'd do.........

1. A pub in St. David's in West Wales, (the smallest city in the UK - which I know Mick loves - Warpool Court hotel)....here I'd have them doing a mash up of Rolling Stones 1 & 2, Out of our heads and Aftermath....

2. Then move on to Dirty Dora's nightclub in Swansea (my hometown)....a mash up of GHS, Black & Blue and Undercover.....(the beauty and the sleaze......

3. Then Brecon, another small city in mid Wales (renowned for it's Jazz festival).....here, some freestyling jams on the riverbank fields based on Sat Maj, IORR and Bridges to babylon + Child of the moon.....(some stuff from the EOMS & SG bonus discs could be christened here too, I ain't signifying for one..

4.Then down to Cardiff's Millenium Stadium for the big 6, BB,LIB,SF,EOMS,SG & TY

5. Then lastly, across the bridge to England (just to show we're not completely selfish in Wales), I'm sure you could work something out of what's left for a couple of hours of ER, SW, VL & ABB in Bristol's Colston Hall.........(oh...& DW......grinning smiley

I vote for Mike as the tour promoter. thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

What's the gig where they played the most songs they ever played off one studio album? I reckon it must be Vancouver 72 - 9 songs from Exile.

1. Brown Sugar
2. Rocks Off
3. Gimme Shelter
4. Bitch
5. Tumbling Dice
6. Happy
7. Honky Tonk Women
8. Loving Cup
9. Torn And Frayed
10. Sweet Virginia
11. You Can't Always Get What You Want
12. Ventilator Blues
13. Midnight Rambler
14. All Down The Line
15. Bye Bye Johnny
16. Rip This Joint
17. Jumping Jack Flash
18. Street Fighting Man

Date: February 24, 2014 15:38

Cheers Mike, I would say you're clearly a man of wealth and taste but that would imply something not so good, so....just taste........smileys with beer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 15:53 by EddieByword.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: February 24, 2014 16:51

EddieByword

I'd do.........

Remember reading about Joe Bonamassa(sp.?) doing something pretty much like this last year.

Date: February 24, 2014 19:47

StonesCat
EddieByword

I'd do.........

Remember reading about Joe Bonamassa(sp.?) doing something pretty much like this last year.

I don't know who he is sorry so I shall google him..........only slightly wiser but he sounds like a good bloke..............

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-24 20:14 by EddieByword.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1510
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home