Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
'Let's Spend The Night Together' the movie
Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:39

Which concerts were filmed for this movie?

Re: 'Let's Spend The Night Together' the movie
Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:51

Meadowlands and Sun devil stadiums.

Posted by: reg thorpe ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:51

It was filmed at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey (5–6 November 1981) and at the Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Arizona (13 December 1981).

Posted by: bernard90mike ()
Date: February 6, 2014 16:57

Thank you very much thumbs up

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 07:17

Wish I could have been at either of these shows. Caught them in Seattle instead and they were blowin off the stage by the J.Geils Band.

Posted by: bonddm ()
Date: February 15, 2014 09:45

If ever a music film needed a remix,this is the one!

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: February 15, 2014 10:48

rob51
Wish I could have been at either of these shows. Caught them in Seattle instead and they were blowin off the stage by the J.Geils Band.

I went to both of those Seattle shows. J Geils were good but I wouldn't got that far!smoking smiley

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 15, 2014 12:44

Check out the look of the audience in those opening numbers, in the afternoon sun. You can tell that Altamont had happened just a few hours ago. A rough-cut, brown-haired, hirsute-looking audience. Not like the clean-cut corporate office-cubicle type audience you see there today. Before the lights went down and the night shots blacked out the audience, it was still quite the beggars banquet, wasn't it?

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:04

I really like "Shattered" in this movie. I well remember the snowy night I saw it

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 14:38

I love the sheer energetic performances in this film. And the guitars sound fast, furious>grinning smiley< and sexy......

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 15, 2014 15:37

triceratops
I really like "Shattered" in this movie. I well remember the snowy night I saw it

same here I live in jersey and it was a mess that night

Posted by: slew ()
Date: February 15, 2014 16:18

I think this movie could have been done better. They should have had the Fox Theatre show. It really needs to be re-mixed. Also in 1981 you see in the film how much Jagger is into himself. Don't get me wrong I loved the show I saw in Hartford but when I listen to 81 or watch the movie I don't like it all that much. I would rather keep it as my favorite Stones memory without dissecting it. It was the first time and most excited I've been before or since for a concert.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: February 15, 2014 17:21

YOU OBVIOUSLY MEAN YEARS, NOT HOURS..BUT IT WAS 12 YEARS AT THAT POINT.
AUDIENCES WERE YOUNGER,AND THEY GOT OLDER,NOT REALLY A REVELATION.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 15, 2014 21:45

This was the tour that really got me into the band. Summer of 81 with Start Me Up being the biggest song on the radio. All the media commenting on how old the Stones were! Mick Jagger was almost 40!!
Still pissed off about the DVD release a couple years ago being sped up. Ruins the whole movie.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: February 16, 2014 12:53

Love the film and yes we need a new proper release with better sound.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: February 16, 2014 13:02

Hampton show rules that tour.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: February 16, 2014 17:08

Great movie.... I had the laser disc years ago.... Great sound on that

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: February 16, 2014 17:22

I'd love to see a cut of the whole Sun Devil Stadium show, not sped up, and not with Hal Ashby's coke-fueled editing. I love the sunset/desert vibe, the band was on fire, and Keith looked like a total badass.

The unused footage must still exist in a vault somewhere, right?

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: February 16, 2014 17:32

Ad poster

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: February 16, 2014 18:42

bonddm

...They'd better work on a full-concert unedited Leeds '82, imo.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: February 16, 2014 18:58

thumbs up
RoughJusticeOnYa
bonddm

...They'd better work on a full-concert unedited Leeds '82, imo.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: February 16, 2014 19:10

The trouble with the 81 tour was the sound system and/or unplugged guitars: much of the time the audience heard only noise and not music so much so infact that if it were not for Jagger's singing the audience could not tell what song was being played. It was that bad.

The Stones should have been standing at the exit appologizing to the fans and refunding their money.

Posted by: oldschool ()
Date: February 16, 2014 20:12

Saw them in Hartford, CT that tour and thought they put on a great show. Loved the setlist and Keef was playing the best he had in years as he was finally clean.

Hal Ashby did an amazing job in filming LSTNT and IMHO the audio sounds fantastic in surround sound. Also love the fact that the DVD was released in widescreen. Wish they would release it on Bu-ray.

But is it my imagination or does the film seem to run fast?

Edit: According to this Amazon review the answer may be yes?

Blaine Mullins/ Amazon review
This is AT LEAST the second DVD of LSTNT I have purchased, this one the "official" Lions Gate release. I was excited that it got widescreen treatment, but the transfer is the same as the Spanish version I bought 10 years ago -- too f***ing FAST!! The 81 tour was energetic enough at normal speed, but sped up, this is just plain ridiculous and an insult to the film.

All of the songs are a half step sharp, so that means "Let Me Go," "Neighbours," "Goin' to a Go-Go" are in the key of F, as opposed to proper in E.

All of those great songs we loved from "Some Girls" that are supposed to be in A are in B flat.

You would think that someone at Lions Gate would have caught this and slowed down the film to proper speed digitally.

This is NOT the film I loved in my youth. This is an absolute insult to the film.

Wish the band would release the 81 Hampton PPV on Blu-ray with the George Thorogood opening act footage. As good as the bootlegs are they don't show that well on a 65" HiDef TV so would be nice to have a proper official video

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-16 20:29 by oldschool.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 16, 2014 21:26

Hi Oldschool. The VHS copy I have from back in the 80's is about 5 minutes longer than the DVD version I bought a couple years ago, Would love to get a bluray version with speed corrected.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: February 16, 2014 23:34

CDJapan sells the official BluRay version and it's phenomenal...go and get it

Posted by: varv ()
Date: February 17, 2014 13:28

Munichhilton

It's really sad and pathetic that I have to ask this question but here goes. Does the official BluRay version run at the correct speed like the original VHS version from the early 80's does? I already have the officially sped up dvd version and don't want to waste any more money than I have.

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: February 17, 2014 13:54

varv
Munichhilton

It's really sad and pathetic that I have to ask this question but here goes. Does the official BluRay version run at the correct speed like the original VHS version from the early 80's does? I already have the officially sped up dvd version and don't want to waste any more money than I have.

Lol, I feel for you varv, that question is so hard to get answered on this board as I learned in the past. Right now the hight pitch hurts my ears and the movements of the main actors are just chaplinesque. If it is speed corrected that would be a reason for me to buy a BlueRay player and one big flatscreen tv. What we want is a 100%, double checked and if possible hand signed guarantee that the BluRay version is speed corrected!

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 17, 2014 14:38

I think they sped it up for modern DVD audiences because Jagger's voice especially might grate. As I recall from the original 1980s cable broadcast it was flat and throaty--it was either a post-punk ethos or Jagger hadn't yet learned how to balance the singing properly from all that running around.

Date: February 17, 2014 14:48

stonehearted
I think they sped it up for modern DVD audiences because Jagger's voice especially might grate. As I recall from the original 1980s cable broadcast it was flat and throaty--it was either a post-punk ethos or Jagger hadn't yet learned how to balance the singing properly from all that running around.

That was exactly what he had learned! It was evident that he had been taking lessons, and he used his stomach way more in his singing technique live. That resulted in a much more powerful vocal sound, but it sounded very different (more air/more volume/meaty), and I know many don't like his singing on the 1981/82 tour grinning smiley

Add the fact that he ran longer distances than he did on the smaller stages before...

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: February 17, 2014 15:38

More info about corrected speed on blu-ray release can be found here : [www.iorr.org]

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1289
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home