Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34
Re: Rolling Stones Paris Rehearsals February 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: February 5, 2014 01:29

Playing my new @gibsonguitar in my #breakingbad rehearsal T-shirt #stonesonfire

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: February 5, 2014 03:15

Here's another photograph that seems it was taken yesterday, too.

[twitter.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: February 5, 2014 04:35

Posted by: DEmerson ()
Date: February 5, 2014 04:41

Playing my new @gibsonguitar in my #breakingbad rehearsal T-shirt #stonesonfire

[twitter.com][/quote]

Love the Breaking Bad t-shirt Ronnie!

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: February 5, 2014 05:00

This is awesome, I'm so excited that the Stones are rolling again! I love living vicariously through all you lucky people who are there in Paris right now. Thanks to bv and all of you for sharing your experiences with the rest of us, how I wish I wasn't living 8,000 miles away!

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: February 5, 2014 05:10

Do They rehearse today (5th)or did They leave to London yesterday?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:09

I thank you all for your patience and information for all other fans around the globe who are waiting outside to get a glimpse of the Stones or to hear what songs they prepare. I would fly down any minute for a show, but that seems remain in the dreambox.

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:12

Thank you Ladies and Gentlemen for all the the amazing reporting. Cannot wait to see the boys again in Europe this Summer. Have a great day. On the way work in freezing London.smileys with beer

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:23

what a sexy Girl!!!!!!!!!!!Lovely smile
Jeroen

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:31

Charlie seems to be quite skinny, almost like Mick... I hope that's because of healthy diet, not any health problems...

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: February 5, 2014 09:49

1. Keith looks to be in great shape, and

2. Tumblr is full of posts about next Monday at the Trianon (which means nothing, of course--if it did, that plus a show ticket would have me on the next plane). (Wishful thinking, of course.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-05 10:16 by Aquamarine.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: February 5, 2014 11:18

@rubyT - why would they have gone to London ?

Yes, who would have thought these guys would still be going at it at this point in the game...At times it seems a bit pointless to stand outside in the cold cupping your ear to make out what they're playing, but when you're back home you realize...wow, the Stones are rehearsing in my backyard, how many times has that happened and when will it happen next? As with everything it's easy to get used to the good stuff and take it for granted...ok, 'nuff said, let's rock!

Oh and yes, Keith looks good (apart from the hair I suppose), "faster" and more "alert" than last year, the fact they played Route 66 and Shattered faster goes in the same direction.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 5, 2014 11:23

rollingon
Charlie seems to be quite skinny, almost like Mick... I hope that's because of healthy diet, not any health problems...

It's the result of diet and exercise and no indulgences or vices. Charlie and Mick have the most physically exerting jobs onstage, and their heart rates are quite elevated throughout the course of a show. It's the guitar section that has been the most indulgent, but then they can afford to. All they have to do is stand there and move their fingers. Though Ron and Keith have an adrenalin level as well onstage, their level of exertion is nothing compared with Charlie and Mick, who both keep themselves thin because any extra pounds would hinder their performance, forcing the heart to work that much harder, which is certainly not advised at their age.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: February 5, 2014 11:33

British press is picking up the French blog story about a rumoured club show in Paris on Monday Feb 10, and also reporting about Ronnie, Charlie and Keith going out into the Paris night yesterday:

The Rolling Stones step out in Paris without Mick Jagger... as rumours circulate they'll plan an intimate gig in the city

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Bjornulf

Posted by: lickskeith ()
Date: February 5, 2014 11:44

February 10th still seems to be the date...

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: February 5, 2014 12:08

gotdablouse
@rubyT - why would they have gone to London ?

Yes, who would have thought these guys would still be going at it at this point in the game...At times it seems a bit pointless to stand outside in the cold cupping your ear to make out what they're playing, but when you're back home you realize...wow, the Stones are rehearsing in my backyard, how many times has that happened and when will it happen next? As with everything it's easy to get used to the good stuff and take it for granted...ok, 'nuff said, let's rock!

Oh and yes, Keith looks good (apart from the hair I suppose), "faster" and more "alert" than last year, the fact they played Route 66 and Shattered faster goes in the same direction.

Anything after -82 has been just extra really, the band could have broken apart so many times or something could have happened to any of them... But the Stones fans are so spoiled...

Posted by: Hansel1976 ()
Date: February 5, 2014 12:58

If the above list is the setlist for the shows I attend,with alternating picks here and there,then I'll be as happy a s a pig in shit!

Date: February 5, 2014 13:10

stonehearted
rollingon

It's the result of diet and exercise and no indulgences or vices. Charlie and Mick have the most physically exerting jobs onstage, and their heart rates are quite elevated throughout the course of a show. It's the guitar section that has been the most indulgent, but then they can afford to. All they have to do is stand there and move their fingers. Though Ron and Keith have an adrenalin level as well onstage, their level of exertion is nothing compared with Charlie and Mick, who both keep themselves thin because any extra pounds would hinder their performance, forcing the heart to work that much harder, which is certainly not advised at their age.

Well, that's not true smiling smiley

And "only" moving your fingers for two hours can be really exhausting...

Not to mention that you're sweating buckets and that all the thought you put into playing can be physically demanding as well.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: February 5, 2014 13:22

Well, I didn't exactly mean to belittle the task of guitar players, Dandy.smiling smiley I know the Les Paul Gibsons weigh 14 pounds compared to a 5-pound Fender, and Keith and Ronnie sure bust out a good sweat during a show. I was just making the point that a drummer has a very physically demanding job compared to a guitar player, and it seems to be a fact that guitarists can still be grinding away at the top of their game in their sixties and beyond, whereas at that age it's rare for drummers in rock to be hitting the skins as hard, if at all.

Had he lived, I couldn't imagine a Keith Moon as volatile in his sixties--or even in his forties and fifties--as he was in his twenties, whereas Townshend right up to the present plays brilliantly, though in a more controlled manner. In the Moody Blues, Justin Hayward and John Lodge still play as well as ever, but Graeme Edge has required a supporting drummer onstage for over 10 years to carry him because he cannot play at the same level on his own the way he could up to his mid-fifties or so.

It is because of the heart rate that must be achieved and maintained for the duration of a show. There was a thread here recently on the lack of overweight drummers in rock, because of the exertion level that is required.

Date: February 5, 2014 13:28

I got you, stonehearted. Just pulling your leg a little smiling smiley

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: February 5, 2014 13:36

So Mick Taylor isn't there yet?

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 5, 2014 13:53

Yeah, what about Mick Taylor, the great trendsetter of the last tour? Is he already there?

Date: February 5, 2014 14:03

<the great trendsetter of the last tour>

Which trend? smiling smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 5, 2014 15:16

bye bye johnny

[twitter.com]

Here is mine smiling smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-02-05 21:33 by bv.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 5, 2014 16:22

Thanks so much guys and gals for the pics and reports.
Hope there are not too many people around and you get a well deserved treat towards the end. winking smiley

Roll on the tour with hopefully a pre-tour small show. smileys with beer

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: February 5, 2014 16:24

DandelionPowderman
<the great trendsetter of the last tour>

Which trend? smiling smiley

The trend of playing good music of course.

Posted by: rubyT ()
Date: February 5, 2014 16:38

@gotdablouse: on rockerparis's facebook, yesterday,someone wrote They had left their hôtel till friday...

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: February 5, 2014 16:43

maybe to rehearse and rest at LA FOURCHETTE since Paris is starting to warm up now people know they are here and speculate around the so called secret gig

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: February 5, 2014 16:52

Keith Richards, Ronnie Wood, Charlie Watts from the Rolling Stones band coming out of the George V hotel in Paris

Paris, France, 5th February 2014

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: February 5, 2014 17:03

Ronnie signing some stuff more than likely gonna be sold on e-bay.
Surprised at that,unless he recognised them as fans maybe.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 34

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1215
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home