Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

PROMOTONE BV
Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 11:57

Created in spring/summer 1973, it was first in use - both sides of Atlantic - for the 'Goat's Head Soup'-related issues.
While in the USA Promotone BV is always present onto labels, all my original British 'It's Only Rock and Roll'-related records miss Promotone BV, as copyright controller on labels.
On top of that, some of my Bitish Kinney distributed 'Sticky Fingers' read Promotone BV onto labels (1974-1977, therefore), but the EMI's 'Exile on Main St.' (1979) still reads Musidor,
as copyright owner.
So, we have two heavily ABKCO controlled albums (SF and EOMS) undergone different treatments: SF passed to Promotone, EOMS remained to Musidor.
Is there anybody here who can tell the history of Promotone BV well, please?
Wikipedia will tell you where their ware-house is, but will give no details on Promotone BV operativity...
Thanks, Luca

Re: PROMOTONE BV
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: January 26, 2014 12:36

That's because it's an offshore holding company set up in the Netherlands.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: January 26, 2014 13:03

1963luca0
Created in spring/summer 1973, it was first in use - both sides of Atlantic - for the 'Goat's Head Soup'-related issues.
While in the USA Promotone BV is always present onto labels, all my original British 'It's Only Rock and Roll'-related records miss Promotone BV, as copyright controller on labels.
On top of that, some of my Bitish Kinney distributed 'Sticky Fingers' read Promotone BV onto labels (1974-1977, therefore), but the EMI's 'Exile on Main St.' (1979) still reads Musidor,
as copyright owner.
So, we have two heavily ABKCO controlled albums (SF and EOMS) undergone different treatments: SF passed to Promotone, EOMS remained to Musidor.
Is there anybody here who can tell the history of Promotone BV well, please?
Wikipedia will tell you where their ware-house is, but will give no details on Promotone BV operativity...
Thanks, Luca

Why are SF & EOMS two heavily ABKCO controlled albums?

Posted by: 1963luca0 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 13:23

A lot of songs on both album were recorded in embryo before 30 July 1970, when ABKCO lost the copyright control on the recorded music of the Rolling Stones.
By heart:
brown sugar
you gotta move
loving cup
all down the line
sweet Virginia
shine a light
wild horses
and more

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: January 26, 2014 18:19

...is the BV in Promotone BV our...................nah, just joshin'

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: January 26, 2014 18:51

bitusa2012
...is the BV in Promotone BV our...................nah, just joshin'
thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upgrinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1429
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home