Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: The Rolling Stones on Youtube - Wish List
Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 28, 2014 18:39

Rip This
..I'd wish for a rocking...grooving....killer version of Slave live....

+1

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 28, 2014 23:23

And don't let them forget the shot of the slamming door and the Ringling of the keys while they opening for "We Love You"

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: January 29, 2014 02:12

would love to see film on stones having business meetings and discussing how much to pay mick taylor and others...

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 29, 2014 03:50

Winning Ugly VXII
Gazza
Stoneswolf
clips how they discuss / prepare the setlist (exspecially who is involved)
teir warming up 5 minutes before the show (like Mick singing, Keith and Ronnie playing snooker...

Chuck looks through the back catalogue and pitches an idea.

Mick looks at the back cover of 40 Licks and laughs in his face.

Simples.

We need him to look a little bit closer at the back cover of 40 Licks ..... Mixed Emotions, Fool to Cry, It's All Over Now, Love is Strong, UnderCover of the Night etc. !!

Maybe he could even take a look @ the back covers of other "Greatest Hits" albums ..... Waiting on a Friend (Jump Back), PLAY WITH FIRE (Hot Rocks), Rip This Joint (Made in the Shade), Hang Fire (Rewind), Time is on My Side (Rolled Gold / Singles Collection), Dance Little Sister (Made in the Shade), HEART of STONE (Big Hits .... High Tide).

These are some hits (12 of them) that they should be focusing on at this point,in my opinion,all things considered.

Totally agree.

Its not unreasonable that a Stones show primarily focusses on their most recognisable songs.

The problem is that it always seems to be the same 10-12. They have a LOT more well known and commercially successful songs than that, though. A bit more rotation on a nightly basis isn't unreasonable. You'd still actually be getting the same % of 'crowd favourites'

Perfect example - 'Out of Time'. A song that if performed I guarantee you that 99% of the people in the audience would know and would be perfectly capable of singing along to. Even though the Stones' own version is on a 48 year old album and was never actually a major hit.

Number of times they've played it since it came out?

Er...none.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-29 03:51 by Gazza.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: January 29, 2014 08:43

Gazza
Winning Ugly VXII
Gazza
Stoneswolf
teir warming up 5 minutes before the show (like Mick singing, Keith and Ronnie playing snooker...

Simples.

We need him to look a little bit closer at the back cover of 40 Licks ..... Mixed Emotions, Fool to Cry, It's All Over Now, Love is Strong, UnderCover of the Night etc. !!

Maybe he could even take a look @ the back covers of other "Greatest Hits" albums ..... Waiting on a Friend (Jump Back), PLAY WITH FIRE (Hot Rocks), Rip This Joint (Made in the Shade), Hang Fire (Rewind), Time is on My Side (Rolled Gold / Singles Collection), Dance Little Sister (Made in the Shade), HEART of STONE (Big Hits .... High Tide).

These are some hits (12 of them) that they should be focusing on at this point,in my opinion,all things considered.

Totally agree.

Its not unreasonable that a Stones show primarily focusses on their most recognisable songs.

The problem is that it always seems to be the same 10-12. They have a LOT more well known and commercially successful songs than that, though. A bit more rotation on a nightly basis isn't unreasonable. You'd still actually be getting the same % of 'crowd favourites'

Perfect example - 'Out of Time'. A song that if performed I guarantee you that 99% of the people in the audience would know and would be perfectly capable of singing along to. Even though the Stones' own version is on a 48 year old album and was never actually a major hit.

Er...none.

They should definitely play Out of Time, and although 99% of the audience would enjoy it not even half will have heard it before.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: January 30, 2014 05:49

I would love to see more clips of the 1978 tour. There's some stuff out there but not near as much as from other era's and I loved the band of that particular time the best.

Date: February 1, 2014 15:29

Out of Time is exactly the song I was listening to yesterday, and was thinking about the same thing. that it would be a good live cut, that they could even rock it up a bit, and that most audience wold know it. And if not it is easy to learn, and easy on the ears.

Date: February 26, 2014 23:49

I have another wish: I would like to see, how Mick Jagger learns to pronounce his foreign language 'speeches' for the different venues, for example his address of welcome in Japanese or the Arabian emirates' names.

Posted by: sonomastone ()
Date: February 27, 2014 03:13

Gazza
Winning Ugly VXII
Gazza
Stoneswolf

Simples.

Totally agree.

Er...none.

hmm in oakland last year i'd say just about 25% of the audience had heard dead flowers before, so i'm not so sure... nice to dream though.

these days the majority of people going to stones shows are customers of corporations who are given free tickets by those companies as part of wooing them to sign a deal. their exposure to the stones is limited to the top 5 war horses, primarily by hearing them on the soundtrack to some movie or tv show. it's sad but true.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1532
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home