Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20
Re: Hair implants
Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:01

Why does Manhattan do that stuff all the time? He dont discuss other stuff, just fill the pages up. Anybody knows?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:03

If Björnulf had some guts he would have close this crap thread long time ago.
Then we wouldnt bother on Manhattan.
And, Erik S, is this really "a discussion"... ?

Posted by: 1cdog ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:35

Baboon Bro Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To mention the Mav. And free speech in same
> sentence.
> Is just laughable. Send ´im to Alpha Centauri, at
> least.

No one did. Only in your mind.

If you don't like the thread it is very simple for you - DON'T POST ANYTHING!

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:39

This thread doesn't offend anyone. I think it is a gas. Maverick is the guru,LOL.
It is very confusing and annoying that certain people are very bothered by it, yet post on it more than anyone else. If you don't like it stay away.

Posted by: Adrian-L ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:43

if i'm feeling miserable, and need a smile putting on my face, i come to read this thread...works every time.

Posted by: lisalover ()
Date: December 2, 2005 15:55

AND THEN CUT MANHATTENS FINGERS OFF SO HE CAN'T USE HIS PC!!!!

Date: December 2, 2005 15:57

perhaps he's just a disgruntled baldie, Lisalover.

Date: December 2, 2005 15:59

That would explain it...probably got sticky out ears too!!

Posted by: LA FORUM ()
Date: December 2, 2005 17:05

ChelseaDrugstore Wrote:
> This thread doesn't offend anyone. I think it is a
> gas. Maverick is the guru,LOL.
> It is very confusing and annoying that certain
> people are very bothered by it, yet post on it
> more than anyone else. If you don't like it stay
> away.

My point too. Why is this offending?? I really dont get it.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:07

Ear outplants. Whaabout the ears, anything Maverick? I'm countin on you for info on his ears.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:09

Sorry didnt mean to leave the hair thread. Just ignore the ear! Let's focus on the hair. MOre important.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:41

Funny? This?? Sense of humour is indeed very individual.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:45

Thanks LA FORUM for bringing focus back to the discussion.

I can't say for sure that Keith has no hair that he is a slap head. Only Keith or those close to him knows this.

It does appear from photos that he has had several attempts at Implants over the last several years and that all have turned out bad. At the present it appears that a few plugs have grown out and they are frizzed or whatever to make look like more hair. Implants from all indications are a painful procedure so I don't blame Keith at all for abandoning that process given the results.

I think Keith out of frustration has given up on the Implants and has turned to the Bandanna/Do-Rag Poltus's to promote hair growth. And again I do not buy in to the theory that the Bandanna carries any electronic stimuli for hair growth. My reasons being that electronics/batteries could interfere with the guitar/amp signal during concerts.

And I agree the hair is more important. Keith is a Rock and Roll Icon. I think he wants to continue to portray this status to his fans. How many Rock Icons have slap heads? Keith wants his hair back and as a loyal fan I want this for him too!

Date: December 2, 2005 17:52

I'm not so sure there's any truth, to your do-rag/poltus theory.
Surely, a poltus could potentially, become dislodged, mid-concert??

I think the doe-rag/bandana look, is to keep the jug-ears hidden/warm.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:54

I believe 1cdog is the same one as Maverick.
Have fun on your playground.

Date: December 2, 2005 17:55

Very very interesting and thoughtful suggestions for Keith. Maybe Im out on a hair here but why not a piece? I mean a really good piece to bring back that rock looka he used to have.

Date: December 3, 2005 11:39

Hair piece for KEith?

Posted by: Manhattan ()
Date: December 3, 2005 11:54

and Ay ay baby it hurts
crap
Posted by: tino (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2001 21:59
and Ay ay baby it hurts
crapand Ay ay baby it hurts
crap
Posted by: tino (IP Logged)and Ay ay baby it hurts
crap

we praise and praise and praise the stones, and they deserve every bit of it. but does anyone have a song that they just find to be utter crap? i happen to think ruby tuesday is one of the most boring songs in the stones catalogue. when it comes on the radio i change the station, when i listen to BTB i skip over it. if i never hear it again i won't shed any tears. also, although exile kills me every time i hear it, i'm not all that fond of hip shake.

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message
Re: crap
Posted by: P. Ginger (IP Logged

we praise and praise and praise the stones, and they deserve every bit of it. but does anyone have a song that they just find to be utter crap? i happen to think ruby tuesday is one of the most boring songs in the stones catalogue. when it comes on the radio i change the station, when i listen to BTB i skip over it. if i never hear it again i won't shed any tears. also, although exile kills me every time i hear it, i'm not all that fond of hip shake.

Options: Reply To This Message•Quote This Message•Follow This Thread•Report This Message

Posted by: P. Ginger (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2001 22:26

Anything after Goat's Head Soup, IMHO....

Posted by: Jesse (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2001 23:34

Anything after GHS? Are you nuts? Anyway, Miss You is the one pooper they have, although it too has some redeeming qualities. I'll tell you one thing, I really hope to never hear it live again. Also, the cover of My Girl is terrible.

Date: August 23, 2001 00:03

As a matter of fact, I am nuts! I was wondering when someone would slam me for that. Yep I bought IORR through Undercover and Voodoo Lounge and I think they all stink, really. Actually, Emotional Rescue is a great album. But I stand by my original statement and I tip my hat to anyone who likes their later later later stuff.

Posted by: Rutger (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 02:35

My least favorite stones song is without a doubt might as well get juiced...
There is nothing in that song for me.

Posted by: Fritz (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 03:38

"Dance (Part 1)", the opening song on "Emotional Rescue" gets my vote for least favorite Stones song, although I certainly don't hate it.

Posted by: Spanish Tony (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 04:30

I think Goat's Head Soup is great (not exile, sticky fingers, beggars banquet great, but great none the less). The song Blinded By Love from Steel Wheels really sucks.

Posted by: Flynn (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 05:28

They are all great, different yes, but GREAT!

Posted by: Ty Steel (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 05:32

the rolling stones are one of the very few acts I can listen to that don't have a ton of filler-- that I have to skip over alot on the CD player. I usually find something to like in every song they do.

Posted by: Dandelion Powderman (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 10:23

The stones have recorded some poor songs. It's unavoidable; 40 years!

For me, Indian Girl represents the stones at their worst. There are also lots of low-quality songs on "Satanic" and "Buttons". Back to Zero, Continental Drift, Send it to me, Gun face and Too tight are other poor songs.

PS: If you love the stones, you love guitars, if you love guitars: You love the funky and rockin' DANCE pt. 1 (my personal opinion).

I can't understand that stones-fans can state that "anything after Goats Head Soup is crap". What about Start me Up, If you can't rock me, IORR, Hey Negrita, Whip, Far away eyes, Shattered, Hang Fire, Slave, Little T+A, Black Limousine, (how can you love the blues from the 60s and not love this one?) She was hot, One hit, Can't be seen, Blinded by love, Love is strong, You got me rocking, How could I stop, etc...

Posted by: Adriano (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 11:18

I love each and every song. And love guitars too and always thought that Dance is a great tune (smart guitar job and a massive rhythm section).
If I had to find something boring then it's two titles: Terrifying and Winning Ugly (which is from a very underrated album that contained very good songs, apart from that: Dirty Work).

Posted by: cokehed (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 12:21

the cover "my girl" is total rubbish . so is most of side one of metamorphosis

Posted by: Gary Robertson (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 14:16

Send It To Me, plodding reggae with banal lyrics.

Then they played it faster, wrote new words and ....Neighbours, a brilliant song.

I always skip Far Away Eyes when I play Some Girls. As Beavis And Butthead once philosophised,'if nothing sucked, how would we know what was cool?'

Posted by: Anthony (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 14:17

I never liked "Out Of Time", especially not the "Metamorphosis" version. "My Girl" is pretty bad, and so is "Dance Pt. 1". I was never crazy about "Emotional Rescue" the album. But my alltime least fave is "Hold Back". A boring riff and melody and awful lyrics. Also "Sweethearts Together" is pretty syrupy. The earlier bad ones I don't judge as strongly because they were done with youthful, although misguided enthusiasm, but by the time the later ones like "Blinded By Love" came along I figured the Stones should know better. Their Country songs are by now overproduced. What happened to gems like "Faraway Eyes", "Country Honk", "High And Dry" and "Prodigal Son"? Those were great. But nowadays they bring in Pedal Steel, Accordion AND Fiddle, plus about 5 guitars. All makes for one big mishmash. See "Sweethearts Together". Just a bunch of syrup. Their best Country songs are sparse. The only Keith ballad I do not like is "Sleep", but contrary to another post earlier on this thread I love "Winning Ugly". Also "Miss You" WAS a great song when it first came out. They should go back and just do a 4 minute version of it. It does become tiresome after eleven minutes. But I NEVER skip over any Stonessong when listening.
Like any true Stonesfreak should do. The Stones at their worst still beat anyone on the planet. We are just comparing Stones to Stones here, right?
Anthony

Date: August 23, 2001 16:30

Right on, Anthony!
Never skip a song. But it's funny to see that my taste in this case is the other way round than yours. I love Out of time and ER album. But I agree when you say that the recent country stuff is overcooked.

Posted by: vacendak (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 17:47

what about cherry O baby from black and blue ? this leads another question best and worst cover versions

Posted by: Tumbling dice (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 17:56

love in vain would have to be one of the best covers and stop breaking down.Also just my imagination.

Date: August 23, 2001 19:29

Oh, dan-dee-lion, you are correct, the songs you mentioned are good. I stand corrected, and humbled. Has the rain in Ulm stopped? Or are you back home?

Posted by: Tate (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 21:38

Oh my gosh, I can't believe nobody mentioned "Hold Back" from Dirty Work. Gotta be the worst track the Stones ever put on a record. The drums are Waaay too loud (and not very good!), and the vocals are awful. The lyrics don't show much to praise, either.

Some of the other songs on that album could compete for that title as well, like Back to Zero and Dirty Work and maybe Winning Ugly, but Hold Back is almost laughable to listen to, its so bad.

But it's the Stones. I was 14 when I bought that record on the day it was released. I loved Harlem Shuffle, Too Rude, and Sleep Tonight. I liked Had It With You. I remember the Stones on the grammy's that year. "The Joke's on you!" Mick said, accepting the lifetime acheivement award via satellite. Perhaps the DW album was the joke.

Date: August 24, 2001 07:59

I MENTIONED "HOLD BACK"!!! MY ALL TIME FAVORITE LOSER.
ANTHONY

Goto Page: 12NextCurrent Page:1 of 2

Goto: Forum List•Message List•Search•My Control Center•Log OutYour Name: Manhattan
Subject:
Send replies to this thread to me via email
Add my signature to this post.

Online Users (Administrator)
Amarant, BOBM, Baboon Bro, BowieStone, Gazza, GuessWho, Jagiero, JoeHill, JumpingKentFlash, Jumpinjackflash59, KYRIAKOS, LA FORUM, Manhattan, Marnix V., Masson, Muddyw, NastyHabits, Playwithfire, Reptile, S.T.P, TeleK, Whale, bo-sio, bombayturner, browneyedgirl, charlie is my darlin', erikjjf, euro'73, fanch, farawayeyes2, jimm, kaskatanas, kishorcsog, lisalover, mago, mariannerl, nmaillot, no nervous breakdowns, retired_dog, robbert, ron091, stonefan, wisertime
Record Number of Users: 150 on May 10, 2005 19:58
Record Number of Guests: 5 on September 6, 2004 14:39

crap

Date: August 22, 2001 22:26

Anything after Goat's Head Soup, IMHO....

Posted by: Jesse (IP Logged)
Date: August 22, 2001 23:34

Anything after GHS? Are you nuts? Anyway, Miss You is the one pooper they have, although it too has some redeeming qualities. I'll tell you one thing, I really hope to never hear it live again. Also, the cover of My Girl is terrible.

Date: August 23, 2001 00:03

As a matter of fact, I am nuts! I was wondering when someone would slam me for that. Yep I bought IORR through Undercover and Voodoo Lounge and I think they all stink, really. Actually, Emotional Rescue is a great album. But I stand by my original statement and I tip my hat to anyone who likes their later later later stuff.

Posted by: Rutger (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 02:35

My least favorite stones song is without a doubt might as well get juiced...
There is nothing in that song for me.

Posted by: Fritz (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 03:38

"Dance (Part 1)", the opening song on "Emotional Rescue" gets my vote for least favorite Stones song, although I certainly don't hate it.

Posted by: Spanish Tony (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 04:30

I think Goat's Head Soup is great (not exile, sticky fingers, beggars banquet great, but great none the less). The song Blinded By Love from Steel Wheels really sucks.

Posted by: Flynn (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 05:28

They are all great, different yes, but GREAT!

Posted by: Ty Steel (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 05:32

the rolling stones are one of the very few acts I can listen to that don't have a ton of filler-- that I have to skip over alot on the CD player. I usually find something to like in every song they do.

Posted by: Dandelion Powderman (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 10:23

The stones have recorded some poor songs. It's unavoidable; 40 years!

For me, Indian Girl represents the stones at their worst. There are also lots of low-quality songs on "Satanic" and "Buttons". Back to Zero, Continental Drift, Send it to me, Gun face and Too tight are other poor songs.

PS: If you love the stones, you love guitars, if you love guitars: You love the funky and rockin' DANCE pt. 1 (my personal opinion).

I can't understand that stones-fans can state that "anything after Goats Head Soup is crap". What about Start me Up, If you can't rock me, IORR, Hey Negrita, Whip, Far away eyes, Shattered, Hang Fire, Slave, Little T+A, Black Limousine, (how can you love the blues from the 60s and not love this one?) She was hot, One hit, Can't be seen, Blinded by love, Love is strong, You got me rocking, How could I stop, etc...

Date: August 23, 2001 11:18

I love each and every song. And love guitars too and always thought that Dance is a great tune (smart guitar job and a massive rhythm section).
If I had to find something boring then it's two titles: Terrifying and Winning Ugly (which is from a very underrated album that contained very good songs, apart from that: Dirty Work).

Posted by: cokehed (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 12:21

the cover "my girl" is total rubbish . so is most of side one of metamorphosis

Posted by: Gary Robertson (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 14:16

Send It To Me, plodding reggae with banal lyrics.

Then they played it faster, wrote new words and ....Neighbours, a brilliant song.

I always skip Far Away Eyes when I play Some Girls. As Beavis And Butthead once philosophised,'if nothing sucked, how would we know what was cool?'

Date: August 23, 2001 14:17

I never liked "Out Of Time", especially not the "Metamorphosis" version. "My Girl" is pretty bad, and so is "Dance Pt. 1". I was never crazy about "Emotional Rescue" the album. But my alltime least fave is "Hold Back". A boring riff and melody and awful lyrics. Also "Sweethearts Together" is pretty syrupy. The earlier bad ones I don't judge as strongly because they were done with youthful, although misguided enthusiasm, but by the time the later ones like "Blinded By Love" came along I figured the Stones should know better. Their Country songs are by now overproduced. What happened to gems like "Faraway Eyes", "Country Honk", "High And Dry" and "Prodigal Son"? Those were great. But nowadays they bring in Pedal Steel, Accordion AND Fiddle, plus about 5 guitars. All makes for one big mishmash. See "Sweethearts Together". Just a bunch of syrup. Their best Country songs are sparse. The only Keith ballad I do not like is "Sleep", but contrary to another post earlier on this thread I love "Winning Ugly". Also "Miss You" WAS a great song when it first came out. They should go back and just do a 4 minute version of it. It does become tiresome after eleven minutes. But I NEVER skip over any Stonessong when listening.
Like any true Stonesfreak should do. The Stones at their worst still beat anyone on the planet. We are just comparing Stones to Stones here, right?
Anthony

Date: August 23, 2001 16:30

Right on, Anthony!
Never skip a song. But it's funny to see that my taste in this case is the other way round than yours. I love Out of time and ER album. But I agree when you say that the recent country stuff is overcooked.

Posted by: vacendak (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 17:47

what about cherry O baby from black and blue ? this leads another question best and worst cover versions

Posted by: Tumbling dice (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 17:56

love in vain would have to be one of the best covers and stop breaking down.Also just my imagination.

Date: August 23, 2001 19:29

Oh, dan-dee-lion, you are correct, the songs you mentioned are good. I stand corrected, and humbled. Has the rain in Ulm stopped? Or are you back home?

Posted by: Tate (IP Logged)
Date: August 23, 2001 21:38

Oh my gosh, I can't believe nobody mentioned "Hold Back" from Dirty Work. Gotta be the worst track the Stones ever put on a record. The drums are Waaay too loud (and not very good!), and the vocals are awful. The lyrics don't show much to praise, either.

Some of the other songs on that album could compete for that title as well, like Back to Zero and Dirty Work and maybe Winning Ugly, but Hold Back is almost laughable to listen to, its so bad.

But it's the Stones. I was 14 when I bought that record on the day it was released. I loved Harlem Shuffle, Too Rude, and Sleep Tonight. I liked Had It With You. I remember the Stones on the grammy's that year. "The Joke's on you!" Mick said, accepting the lifetime acheivement award via satellite. Perhaps the DW album was the joke.

Date: August 24, 2001 07:59

I MENTIONED "HOLD BACK"!!! MY ALL TIME FAVORITE LOSER.
ANTHONY

Goto Page: 12NextCurrent Page:1 of 2

Goto: Forum List•Message List•Search•My Control Center•Log OutYour Name: Manhattan
Subject:
Send replies to this thread to me via email
Add my signature to this post.

Online Users (Administrator)
Amarant, BOBM, Baboon Bro, BowieStone, Gazza, GuessWho, Jagiero, JoeHill, JumpingKentFlash, Jumpinjackflash59, KYRIAKOS, LA FORUM, Manhattan, Marnix V., Masson, Muddyw, NastyHabits, Playwithfire, Reptile, S.T.P, TeleK, Whale, bo-sio, bombayturner, browneyedgirl, charlie is my darlin', erikjjf, euro'73, fanch, farawayeyes2, jimm, kaskatanas, kishorcsog, lisalover, mago, mariannerl, nmaillot, no nervous breakdowns, retired_dog, robbert, ron091, stonefan, wisertime
Record Number of Users: 150 on May 10, 2005 19:58
Record Number of Guests: 5 on September 6, 2004 14:39

and Ay ay baby it hurts

and Ay ay baby it hurts
crap

and Ay ay baby it hurts

Date: December 3, 2005 12:18

And ay ay ay!

Manhatten is a slaphead
Posted by: The Maverick ()
Date: December 5, 2005 13:49

Think that Manhatten is bald and sensitive about it that is why he keeps trying to corrupt the thread.

Date: December 5, 2005 13:53

jug ears too?

Date: December 5, 2005 13:59

Probably jug ears to go with his bald heat and infant brain!

Keith's implant treatment
Date: December 5, 2005 14:00

Let's get back to the main topic.

I was at the PC yesterday, Awesome, but at the same time it got me curious as to how hair implants have been succseful on some people and not on others. As we all know Keith underwent a series of implants in the early to mid 90's, but they appear to have been totally unacceptable, similary Elton John tried every method to salvage his thinning bonce and in the end resorted to wigs. Yet Mick Jagger and Bono are two very famous stars who've had hair implants and they appear to be 100% accectable and a success. Does anyone know why? It can't be the cost or type of treatment as Mr Richards is not exactly short of a few bob, and Elton has spend a fortune over the years on his head.

By the way what happed to the craggy chicken like neck on Keef from the Licks tour, facelift?

Date: December 5, 2005 14:02

"I was at the PC yesterday" grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

What fXxking yesterday... ?
Is Maverick a machine?

Re: Keith's implant treatment
Date: December 5, 2005 16:46

The Maverick Wrote:

> I was at the PC yesterday, Awesome.

..Whats so awesome about sitting at your PC?
it's only a computer with a keyboard dude-
nothing to get that excited about.

Date: December 6, 2005 12:51

Yeha, Maverick when did you go to the PC??

Date: December 6, 2005 13:08

I was at the press conference at the launch of the tour/album, it is mentioned above as the discussion was going off at a tangent from the original post, so I restated mt original post to get the discussion back on track.

Has Keef's hair loss become more apparent from the start of the tour till now?

Date: December 6, 2005 13:24

Err...don't think so.....does it matter?

Date: December 6, 2005 13:33

It matters, belive me! I dont want to see toomany pictures of him and the old Bandana.

Date: December 6, 2005 15:42

No way Keith would go with a wig/hair piece. Keith is way too vain and has too much pride for that. Which brings me back to what I believe is the issue of importance here.

Keith is a Rock and Roll Icon. I think he wants to continue to portray this status to his fans. How many Rock Icons have slap heads? Keith wants his hair back and as a loyal fan I want this for him too!

Without the hair probably no Keith out in public or at least on stage. No Keith probably No Stones live shows.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...1011121314151617181920Next
Current Page: 18 of 20

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1837
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home