Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Challenge: Pick a song, live or studio, where Chuck Leavell has only added to the experience
Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:35

Go!

Re: Challenge: Pick a song, live or studio, where Chuck Leavell has only added to the experience
Posted by: FortuneTeller800 ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:47

Haha..

Re: Challenge: Pick a song, live or studio, where Chuck Leavell has only added to the experience
Posted by: Whale ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:52

On 2000 light years from home on the Tokyo 1990 recording. Generally he sounds better when playing organ than when playing the piano in his plunky way

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 1, 2014 21:55

Man, poor Chuck can never get an even break. I'll admit to liking the piano solo in HTW the first time I heard it in 1989. Now you know my dark
secret.smoking smiley

If it weren't for mythologizing like this it would all be so simple.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 1, 2014 22:10

Chuck's count in "1,2,ah 1,2,3,4"

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: January 1, 2014 22:14

klrkcr
Chuck's count in "1,2,ah 1,2,3,4"

Another reason to love Miss You live...

Date: January 1, 2014 22:29

I liked him here:

Posted by: capsula ()
Date: January 1, 2014 22:48

Justo listening to allman brothers, brothers and sisters. Great there!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: January 2, 2014 02:32

Unsurmountable challenge, that.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: January 2, 2014 02:45

There isn't any...Chuck is totally unimportant and useless.

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: January 2, 2014 02:46

ahhhhhh.....

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: January 2, 2014 02:52

Wait!!!! This is a completely valid and retooling of the question! While most of us bash Chuck, he has his defenders, and they ridicule our disdain. However, with the possible exception of 2000LY, I've honestly got nothing.

So, you Chuck defenders....... validate his presence!

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: January 2, 2014 03:24

Well,in answer to the question,I did like on the Voodoo tour when Chuck stepped back and Keith did the piano solo to HTW.This added to my experience of seeing Keith tickle the ivories,as well as giving the treble keys a kick with his boot.Chuck does that now it seems.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: January 2, 2014 03:37

<<as well as giving the treble keys a kick with his boot.Chuck does that now it seems.>>

Yes, you can just barely see it in this clip (on the extreme right edge of the screen at 3:35).

Posted by: ab ()
Date: January 3, 2014 12:10

A bunch with the Allman Brothers Band: Southbound, Jessica, and High Falls, to name a few.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 12:12 by ab.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 3, 2014 13:39

Live, Little Queenie and Sister Morphine from the b2b tour.

I like him on Miss You from Leeds '82.

His part was really cool on the most recent version of 2000 LYFH.

I'm not really familiar with who plays what on recent albums but I think that's him on Already Over Me on b2b. I like that.

I like the piano on how can I stop, I don't think that's him though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-01-03 13:42 by ryanpow.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: January 3, 2014 14:00

I like him on 'We Love You'...

2 1 2 0

Date: January 3, 2014 14:15

His organ on Terrifying. Subtle, but effective - as it (imo) should be.

Posted by: Marhsall ()
Date: January 3, 2014 14:39

Um.....

Um......

(Thinking)

Um......

I'll get back to you

"Well my heavy throbbers itchin' just to lay a solid rhythm down"

Posted by: Horseswild ()
Date: January 3, 2014 14:44

As co-writer of "Back to Zero" ! Maybe says it all !

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: January 3, 2014 16:06

CHuck's work with the Allmans is brilliant...there is nothing he has done with the Stones that I can point to as anything other than dull and uninspiring. Only a british keyboard player from London in the same era as the Stones could understand the music well enough to add anything of interest.

Date: January 3, 2014 16:26

<His part was really cool on the most recent version of 2000 LYFH.>

Was that Chuck, Matt Clifford or Tim Ries? Hard to tell...

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 3, 2014 16:57

I've said it over and over but for me it's not what he plays, it's what he plays on. Get rid of that Rinky-Dink Digital Piano Keyboard thing and get him to Stick to the Wurlitzer and Hammond. His playing here compliments the songs perfectly...

Wurlitzer playing here:

Hammond playing here:

Date: January 3, 2014 17:00

vudicus
I've said it over and over but for me it's not what he plays, it's what he plays on. Get rid of that Rinky-Dink Digital Piano Keyboard thing and get him to Stick to the Wurlitzer and Hammond. His playing here compliments the songs perfectly...

Wurlitzer playing here:

Hammond playing here:

+1

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: January 3, 2014 17:02

She Was Hot

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: January 3, 2014 17:09

DandelionPowderman
<His part was really cool on the most recent version of 2000 LYFH.>

Was that Chuck, Matt Clifford or Tim Ries? Hard to tell...

As far as I know, that was Chuck on piano at Glastonbury.

Posted by: Ket ()
Date: January 3, 2014 17:19

Sipuncula
She Was Hot

+1

I'm not a great fan of CL but his playing sounded great on this track

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2014 17:21

This thread is offensive by start and it is not according to the IORR policies.

Bjornulf

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home